2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

I don't know if that's necessarily it - he was cancelling 'cause of illness during the summer, too. I think the boy needs to eat better (he's probably living off all sorts of awful things while on the road), wash his hands and get some real sleep.

Suzy thanks for your photo story!

Everyone else - thanks for your reports/pics/vids!

yes, but he's defo easily catching colds and he covers his throat obsessively. he did also at T int he park and that was summer.. :boxed:

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did, didn't he?

Maybe he should keep the furry wolf/crocodile/lion suit on throughout the entire gig, might prevent him from catching a chill. :naughty:

another reason, i sense, he sweat like a ... under that costume and then he probably rushes through a not so well heated area, before he gets a shower and gets changed. probably not very resistant to temp difference, poor thing. :blink:

he thought norway in nov. was cold... :mf_rosetinted:

it doesn't have to be cold outside to catch a cold... he caught it inside, since he's warm dressed outside ! just running and jumping with a lot of sweat on is enough :thumb_yello:

anyway, he knows what he does, he's the boss, amen, etc.

There's all the travelling, too - flying with recycled air, and all that jazz.

Yop, why don't you join him on his tour? You have the medical smarts, maybe you could teach him a thing or two! :naughty:

she'd shout at him. he'd probably get a nervous breakdown. :mf_rosetinted:

"NIIIIIEET, MIKKKA!!!! GET DRESSED!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING BARE CHEST..??!!"

:roftl:

:naughty: :naughty: someone has to do that !!! :blink: :blink:

and to lollipop_monkey... well... i have,'t been asked to do that... and i certainly wouldn't do it ! :wink2:

After several hours...the tour bus shows up!:woot_jump:

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

We catch a glimpse of Cherisse, then Luke...

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

wow you really took pics of everything! :naughty:

but thanks for letting us be part of it through them :wink2:

:shocked: Thank you for such fantastic, detailed reports...........and great pics too.:thumb_yello:

I LOVE seeing all the MFC pics...the queue and the bus etc...........next time I am at a gig I am going to concentrate on pics like that because I LOVE to see that side of it :naughty:

Thanks again, glad you all had a brilliant night :thumb_yello:

:shocked: Thank you for such fantastic, detailed reports...........and great pics too.:thumb_yello:

I LOVE seeing all the MFC pics...the queue and the bus etc...........next time I am at a gig I am going to concentrate on pics like that because I LOVE to see that side of it :naughty:

Thanks again, glad you all had a brilliant night :thumb_yello:

I agree, I loved those pics. Inside the gig , it could be almost anywhere, Mika looks similar, wears the same clothes, has the same flowers on the keyboard etc, but the fan pics are always different!

Come on people, Mika is not catching colds from taking his shirt off for literally 3 minutes. One of the reasons he takes his shirt off is because it was at least 80°F in the club and probably another 10 or 20 degrees on stage under the lights. I was wearing a t-shirt and was sweating my ass off too.

If Mika didn't take his shirt off when he did my joke of getting his sweat on my forehead was going to become a reality. He needed to change anyway and not putting on his next shirt for another couple of minutes is not going to cause these chronic problems he's experiencing.

He's having voice problems because he goes so full out on every song I'm surprised he doesn't burst a vein in his head. It's insane the effort this man puts into singing. On top of that he is doing a one-hour plus high intensity aerobic workout every night and trying to function on minimal sleep.

I feel like I am completely hungover this morning and the thought of doing another gig makes me want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he is completely knackered at 12:30 am and doesn't want to sign autographs and it has absolutely nothing to do with taking his shirt off for a couple of minutes.

Come on people, Mika is not catching colds from taking his shirt off for literally 3 minutes. One of the reasons he takes his shirt off is because it was at least 80°F in the club and probably another 10 or 20 degrees on stage under the lights. I was wearing a t-shirt and was sweating my ass off too.

If Mika didn't take his shirt off when he did my joke of getting his sweat on my forehead was going to become a reality. He needed to change anyway and not putting on his next shirt for another couple of minutes is not going to cause these chronic problems he's experiencing.

He's having voice problems because he goes so full out on every song I'm surprised he doesn't burst a vein in his head. It's insane the effort this man puts into singing. On top of that he is doing a one-hour plus high intensity aerobic workout every night and trying to function on minimal sleep.

I feel like I am completely hungover this morning and the thought of doing another gig makes me want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he is completely knackered at 12:30 am and doesn't want to sign autographs and it has absolutely nothing to do with taking his shirt off for a couple of minutes.

opera singers sing even louder, christine, and they don't get a sore throat for that reason, or burst a vein, as ya put it. I'm not mika doctor, so i dunno, but it sounds reasonable.

They start here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blueeyes17el/2230523986/in/set-72157603822319387/

Keep clicking the next photo to see the rest too!

aaaa-mazing pics, like I posted before! took liberty to check your camera on the net (since ya posted its model here) and it looks pretty great. I'm in process of buying a new camera too (mine sucks), but I guess I could not afford yours :naughty:

yop, I think it's a possibility, yes.

Having made this point before last year after the UK shows, when I was travelling round the shows myself, and going to the shows wearing the costume, which gets pretty darn hot when you are dancing around for 2 hours straight, then going out into the cold. I fully understood why Mika got ill, but I like Christine don't think it was anything to do with him taking off his shirt for a few minutes.

There are so many germs flying around at the moment it's more like getting too hot will attract them than the cold. If anything the cold would kill tem, but if they have already taken hold you just have to dose up to get rid of them.

To be honest I'm surprised I didn't get floored myself in December after travelling around with limited sleep and a rubbish diet for 3 weeks, but luckily I was fine. I felt so sorry for Mika being floored like that, it's not nice.

I hope he's gonna be alright for the rest of the tour, and as Christine mentioned, and as Mika himself has said there is only one way to sing his songs and that's full trottle, and really would we want it any other way?

opera singers sing even louder, christine, and they don't get a sore throat for that reason, or burst a vein, as ya put it. I'm not mika doctor, so i dunno, but it sounds reasonable.

aaaa-mazing pics, like I posted before! took liberty to check your camera on the net (since ya posted its model here) and it looks pretty great. I'm in process of buying a new camera too (mine sucks), but I guess I could not afford yours :naughty:

yop, I think it's a possibility, yes.

I noticed you mentioned that opera singers sing louder than him and don't have trouble with their throats. I beg to differ.

My best friend has done countless operatic productions and quite a few times has had sore throats afterwards, it's an occupational hazzard apparently.

you know what ? you could run outside by -30°C, if there is no microb out there for you to catch, you will NOT be ill (that's the therory). those microbs need HUMIDITY to develop. so if you're running outside in a dry atmosphere, there are supposely no microbs, if it's humid, there are some.

the atmosphere is hardly dry in a venue. he would catch a microb anyway, shirt or no shirt, just because he's sweating his a*s off in a humid atmosphere.

it could just be a irritation sore throat and not a ill sore throat, future will tell.

I don't think Mika's voice is at the same level as a professional opera singer and he's not singing opera in any case. I doubt that the opera singers are zipping back and forth across the stage and jumping up and down while they are doing non-stop solos for over an hour at a time.

I'm not suggesting he never gets sick - obviously he does. I just find the idea that it's because he takes his shirt off for a couple of minutes when it's close to human body temperature on the stage to be ludicrous. There are a thousand more plausible reasons to explain why he's getting sick.