2008 - Mika @ Guvernment Kool Haus in Toronto, Ontario, 29 Jan REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure it out!! :naughty:

Has my approval, anyway. Just didn't think he'd be one to go for that sort of thing, from what we've seen so far.

--Jack

well, not sure i'm going to look for it, sorry, not my thing looking for what he's changed in his look if it's not obvious enough...

i was asking what "grooming practices" were actually...

Big M

The crew taped a setlist to the floor and when they noticed our overinterest, they taped a blank page over it so we could no longer see it. :thumbdown:

It was the usual opening with Dolly Parton, Saranayde in angel wings, etc.

With the opening bars of Relax - not only was it as exciting as the first time, but it was even more of a thrill when Mika came bounding towards the front of the stage on the first "Relax" because he was barely 2 feet in front of us.

His voice was incredible and he looked like he was having a great time and was loving the audience reaction. The stage was small and the catwalk where he spent most of his time was tiny. We got tons of eye contact (Sariflor has a lot of it on video).

Even though I had a great spot for taking pics I didn't want to bother most of the time because it's more important to be in the moment with him, especially when he's trying to interact all the time.

I head something about Sexy Back and When Doves Cry in Montreal yesterday but there was none of that. Just Missionary Man. Although Saranayde stripped off her skirt too. :shocked:

You heard about the hiccuping which was hilarious. The entire band stopped at precisely that moment, as if on cue. I guess Mika has them well trained. :naughty:

Love Today unfortunately was quite a disaster as he seemed to get some painful feedback in his earpiece and then his microphone kept cutting out for ridiculously long periods of time. Eventually the drumming bits came up to save us all from this technical problem that no one seemed to be able to sort out.

The lollipop girls didn't have much room to move around on this stage, but they were great. I was sure I had seen Relax on the end of the setlist (they never did take the blank coversheet off so Mika hadn't been able to read it onstage!)

Andy had told us before the gig that he thought there was a good chance that Mika would come out after to greet fans. We met up with Zoots outside the van that Mika had arrived in and security told us he had a sore throat and was tired and that wouldn't pose for pics or sign autographs but he wanted to thank everyone.

He came out and although he was tired, he didn't appear sick and seemed in good spirits. He answered a few questions, accepted a few gifts and wanted to know WTF the truck outside the venue was doing. They have mobile CD shops that show up at concerts and blast music, usually related to the artist playing the gig. There was a huge poster of Mika on the outside, along with a Spice Girls poster (probably because they had used it at the Spice Girls gig too). Someone told him they were there to play his and the Spice Girls' music without mentioning that CDs were being sold, so he seemed to think this was all very odd.

After Mika and his family left, we waited for the band because Suzy and her hubby had brought Luke a gift. Andy told us before the gig that it was Mikey's birthday so we went and bought him a toy shaving kit. :naughty: Luke and Mikey were both very sweet and talked with us for a bit and posed for pics.

I know with Mika's history anything could be going on, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions about him having a sore throat just yet. I think more than anything he was just tired and his voice was strained from singing rather than being ill. He gave an incredible performance and with Happy Ending in particular I couldn't believe how he was going completely all-out.

Hopefully a day of rest will see him good in Philly, but if he's got 5 gigs in 6 days (as I believe was what Deb was saying the other day), he is going to be pretty drained at the end of that.

I am glad we got him at the well rested end of this tour, because man it was f*cking amazing.

thank you Christine! wish i could have been there with all of you!

Glad you had a great time!

Btw, that girl/guy in the back of your queue photos, with the bright yellow jeans and the bright blue hair? HOT.

--Jack

Omg! :mf_lustslow: I can't believe I didn't notice those! I've never seen jeans that bright yellow before - I WANT!

He's started parting his hair on the left side instead of the right. :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, no, that's not it. I'll just wait for other people to catch up with me. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

OMG! WHAT IS IT! *tries deperately to scour pics to figure it out* :blink:

Ok, no, that's not it. I'll just wait for other people to catch up with me. :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

:boxed:

What have you spotted???

is it the five o'clock shadow?

or has he plucked his eyebrows?

Please tell :wink2: I can't see any drastic grooming changes :naughty:

Guess who showed up?!

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Andy. :wink2:

THANK YOU SUZIE xxx.

That made my week, he's looking GOOOOD!

All the reports have been fantastic, Itztwins photos are outstanding, what a camera you have!

Zoot14 and Christines photos are amazing too, can't wait to see Zoots videos, especially the hiccups.

Suzie, I love your photo journal of the pre show, the getting dressed bit is brilliant, and being able to park that close to where you queued was great, wish we could do that here. Heh heh!

Jack for us complete not very bright people, could you PLEASE explain the new grooming practise, is it to do with what's under his shirt?

He's started parting his hair on the left side instead of the right. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Do you mean his bare torso? I commented on that a few pages back

*M*

THANK YOU SUZIE xxx.

That made my week, he's looking GOOOOD!

All the reports have been fantastic, Itztwins photos are outstanding, what a camera you have!

Zoot14 and Christines photos are amazing too, can't wait to see Zoots videos, especially the hiccups.

Suzie, I love your photo journal of the pre show, the getting dressed bit is brilliant, and being able to park that close to where you queued was great, wish we could do that here. Heh heh!

Jack for us complete not very bright people, could you PLEASE explain the new grooming practise, is it to do with what's under his shirt?[/QUOTE]

if it's this, as i was thinking, i might have noticed that chest/trunk hair has decreased in quantity.

this is just because i'm tempted to guess...i'm not going to discuss any mika hair.

Ah, I missed your comment.

...that must've taken dedication, is all I'll say.

--Jack

All I can think of is that scene from 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin.'

He should totally sport the man-o-lantern look because that's hott.

That's all I'm gonna say. :naughty:

All I can think of is that scene from 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin.'

He should totally sport the man-o-lantern look because that's hott.

That's all I'm gonna say. :naughty:

Ha ha! KELLLLLY CLARKSON!!!

Love that film.LOL!

I 'm not really into guys with chest hair, but with Mika it just seems right, and looks good on him.

If it ain't broke....

Ha ha! KELLLLLY CLARKSON!!!

Love that film.LOL!

I 'm not really into guys with chest hair, but with Mika it just seems right, and looks good on him.

If it ain't broke....

It's one of my favorite movies. I love Steve Carell.

I was just going to say the Kelly Clarkson line, but I didn't think anyone would get it. :naughty: Did you know he actually did have his chest waxed for the movie? I saw some video of it somewhere, it was pretty funny listening to them. They also had a list of word combinations and swears for him to say too. :naughty:

Anyway... too off topic I suppose. :naughty:

Just watched the pics while having dinner at my desk. :naughty:

Great pics, thank you all for posting! Man, you Canadians have to dress up really well against the cold! :shocked:

Do I have to watch the videos to see the result of the grooming practice? :wink2: Nothing wrong with bodyhair though - as long as it's on the right guy. :das:

The reports, videos and pictures are brilliant.

Thanks for them all!!! :wub2:

PS My 14 year old, who is a member here, saw the two pictures

of Andy and said "Wow - forget Mika - HE IS HOT!!!!!" :blink::roftl:

:punk:always trust in children's intuition

The reports, videos and pictures are brilliant.

Thanks for them all!!! :wub2:

PS My 14 year old, who is a member here, saw the two pictures

of Andy and said "Wow - forget Mika - HE IS HOT!!!!!" :blink::roftl:

Yes and incredibly sweet and cute and clever and......

LOL!

everyone, thx for the reports, the videos (SITM.... ), the amazing pics!!

christine, suzy and sariflor, so glad you had such an incredible time! esp. since sari was flying all the way across the pond just for that!

bad news about mika being having sore throat again, we can never get rid of this, it seems.. let's keep fingers crossed for everyone all goes well.

yop, i agree: he's obvsiously not good at low temperatures and drafts, he said a few times also. why oh why his ego pushes him to strip every gig and then get sick... I wanna see him play: if that means shirt on, he can perform with the wind jacket on, as far as I'm concerned!

he's obvsiously not good at low temperatures and drafts, he said a few times also. why oh why his ego pushes him to strip every gig and then get sick... I wanna see him play: if that means shirt on, he can perform with the wind jacket on, as far as I'm concerned!

I don't know if that's necessarily it - he was cancelling 'cause of illness during the summer, too. I think the boy needs to eat better (he's probably living off all sorts of awful things while on the road), wash his hands and get some real sleep.

Suzy thanks for your photo story!

Everyone else - thanks for your reports/pics/vids!