REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

dcdeb

To respond to some points people made:

Yop--of course I called you Olivia! And yes, he knew who I meant: "Olivia from Paris, right?" Didn't even have to mention the hair! :naughty:

Deb--when I said I hoped it wasn't scripted, I didn't mean the "it's great to play at a place you've never been before" bit (he's said that before, I know) but the sudden add-on about not getting airplay but having it be compensated it if he can just get a really solid live following like this one. It was a moment of vulnerability, I think, and was especially interesting to me in light of all the radio play discussions we'd just been having on board.

Whoever wondered if it was a coincidence that a lot of us asked for more audience interaction and Mika delivered--no, I'm sure it's not. :wink2: But not because he necessarily read our thread or anything--I don't think he did. Simply because one thing I've most admired about Mika is his perception of how to best fulfill his role as a pop star and performer. He is always reaching for the next step and he is just as aware as we are of how he comes across on stage and how he can improve it, and he's always very good at figuring out just what he needs to do. Every other time I made an observation along the lines of "Oh, I like that, but you know, I wish he'd do thing A," I would usually see him do thing A within the next two weeks.

Not because he reads my posts but because he doesn't really need anyone to tell him so. If I can notice that it might be better if he did thing A, he's probably already noticed that too and is working on it. :naughty:

To all the people who complimented my outfit--thank you! :blush-anim-cl: Too bad Mika didn't get to appreciate it, as I was all bundled up when I met him. (The concert did indeed make me feel better, so I wasn't going to risk undoing it all by catching pneumonia.)

The shoes are not sparkly though, and no, I won't be wearing to tomorrow... we'll be camping out all day, are you guys crazy? :naughty: It was bad enough last night, I literally could not feel my feet by the end of it and was shaking all over as it was, even with the coat!

I'll be wearing something with more coverage. And pants. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

P.S. Cassiopee, I didn't realize you were coming! Hurray!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He does. He radiates star quality. It sounds like hyperbole to say that, but he really does!

I gave my friend a pair of tickets to the Toronto show but I didn't see her because I was doing my MFC thing in the front row. She wrote me this morning to discuss this. We had been talking about it after Michael Bublé last week because even though Bublé is a great singer you have to wonder why he, and not a hundred other singers with comparable talent, became this huge star. It all comes down to charisma and the ability to connect with the audience and Mika also has it in spades.

Anyway, this is what she said...

to be quite honest I was really blown away by his people skills, his showman skills and to have a whole package like that, with the talent is really quite incredible. there is something very alluring about him live. He knows how to inspire masses, has that brainwashing-indoctrinating ability and good thing he wants to get people to sing along to some feel good songs instead of throw themselves off bridges or meet jesus at a spaceship or blow themselves up in jihad missions. I think he could do it. You have this guy pegged just right. I can see that this guy is really good at being alluring. Isn't that just a very rare quality to have?

To all the people who complimented my outfit--thank you! :blush-anim-cl: Too bad Mika didn't get to appreciate it, as I was all bundled up when I met him.

I couldn't believe Andy commenting to us that Canadians weren't into the fancy dress thing. I was like...hello? It's January. Am I really supposed to be prancing around in a Little Bo Beep outfit for 8 hours in the queue? We were all wearing parkas and Suzy looked like she was on an expedition to the South Pole. If Mika wants fancy dress he'd better come back in July.

Christine's friend said,

He knows how to inspire masses, has that brainwashing-indoctrinating ability and good thing he wants to get people to sing along to some feel good songs instead of throw themselves off bridges or meet jesus at a spaceship or blow themselves up in jihad missions. I think he could do it.

So funny she should say that. I watched a movie about Jim Jones a month back and I thought the same thing--he had that same mystical, magical draw as Mika. I was going to mention it here, but I thought it might be taken the wrong way.

But I totally know where she is coming from, the whole, "yes, I WILL drink the kool aid if you say so, sir." As I said in a way early thread, at some points I have felt that I would give up my current life and follow him anywhere if he only so bade....

There's not much I can add to what Jack and others have said....Jack, you have a wonderful memory for detail!!!! I remember everything but am sort of overwhelmed by the experience when I'm there and can't report it as you do!!! Wonderful Job! Sorry I lost you, Jack...I looked around and didn't see you. I was also outside afterward at the steps waiting for him. I didn't see you outside!

The perfomance was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!! I was blown away by the DC show---and meeting him afterward. I knew he wasn't well then but he was so good.... But THIS experience was intense and magnified in every way. There were more theatrics (which I love) and he was just so happy. "Happy" really is a poor adjective, but the man just exudes positive, loving, happy energy. Jack called it "glowy" and that's right on the mark. When he sang "How much do you love me" he was absolutely overjoyed that we were singing the chorus along with him. He gives out the love and the crowd gives it back in an amazing fashion...there were times I couldn't hear Mika for the crowd singing along, screaming the words to the songs back at him. My daughter took all the pics I got, plus some video. (I'm SO sorry but these will have to wait for a while to get uploaded. My computer is on the fritz, sent out to dell for repair. I'm on my kid's computer and I can't upload on this one, it's very rudimentary. It's also why I didn't get on last night to talk to you all....so sorry!!!)

There was a LOT of eye contact...I had my blinkie heart, and I was holding it up so he could see it....representing MFC :)....and I swear he was looking right at me a couple of times. We were about three or four rows of people from the front. And unlike Jack, at times we were crushed by the crowd. I had nice people around me though. There was a couple behind me who were so nice and so into Mika--it was their first time seeing the boy--and although they were guys I didn't mind them getting into my personal space too much 'cause they were so much fun. I made friends with everyone I spoke to...Mika fans are SO awesome.

My daughter who was sort of blase about Mika is totally a convert now. :)

Outside the security people were so strict about the cameras, etc. I think they lay down the hard line but Mika always seems to just want to see and talk to people when he can. Now the crowds are getting bigger it just seems normal and necessary for him to have to pull back a bit. There's only one of him and security is an issue. But I'll NEVER forget being in DC and just "hanging out" with him for about 45 mins.

After this show we hung out outside with infinite green, her husband, A.Clay and her son in law--- I got to see him, and gave him my t shirt I made. He took it but didn't look at it right then. I had given it to a girl in the front and she gave it too him and pointed back to me. He reached through the crowd and shook my hand. I told him I'd seen him in DC and that was great, but I could tell he felt well this time and the show was phenomenal. He said that they all had a lot of fun doing the show. SIGH....

I left shortly after that....My daughter was frozen and had to go to school in the morning. (although she's off school today...icy out) So I don't know what happened to A.Clay....looking forward to hearing that!!!

I'm so happy to have met so many MFC'ers there...YOU GUYS ROCK. xoxoxoxo

There was a couple behind me who were so nice and so into Mika--it was their first time seeing the boy--and although they were guys I didn't mind them getting into my personal space too much 'cause they were so much fun. I made friends with everyone I spoke to...Mika fans are SO awesome.

I think they were the couple in front of me. :mf_rosetinted: Two baldish, stocky guys?

--Jack

At the barricades, if I am right, I stood right next to DS Nightly, though I did not realize he was an MFCer! Waited, waited, waited. DS was our knight and kept protesting against the changes they kept springing on us (from no autographs but pictures, to no pictures with him but OF him ok, to no pictures at all or we take your camera).

--Jack

Actually....ythat wasn't me (I'm 17, btw)...BUT I was standing right next to him too! haha...He was funny. If you can remember a few people in the area, I was wearing a grey hoodie and was with my sister (who was only 12) my aunt (who was wearing thick-rimmed glasses and smoking every now and then) was sorta near us aswell). I wish I stayed at the front of those steps when we first walked out...there was only like 2 people there...LOL.. But no, we went around the truck and waited near his tour bus with a few people...THEN had to come bACK. Ah well.

It was just weird seeing Mika so close like that. And have him directly achnoledge and look at you as he shook your hand. I got a slight nod directed at me when he was leaving GMA, but this experience tops it all! :D Although, I have to admit, it was sorta fun being out there with the Mika fans during the GMA show...we suffered through the rain TOGETHER!

I think they were the couple in front of me. :mf_rosetinted: Two baldish, stocky guys?

--Jack

Well, the one was thin on top, light haired and the other was dark haired and appeared to have a full head of hair from the front. They were really enthralled with the whole show. It was fun to see them (and all the other people) around me having fun and loving it so much. I really like watching the other people around me too...and those guys were really loving it. :) Everyone was so enthusiastic. I saw ALL ages too....not just teens/young people. There were plenty of people in their 40's and beyond there...which also makes me happy.

Well, the one was thin on top, light haired and the other was dark haired and appeared to have a full head of hair from the front. They were really enthralled with the whole show. It was fun to see them (and all the other people) around me having fun and loving it so much. I really like watching the other people around me too...and those guys were really loving it. :) Everyone was so enthusiastic. I saw ALL ages too....not just teens/young people. There were plenty of people in their 40's and beyond there...which also makes me happy.

That makes me happy too :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Now the crowds are getting bigger it just seems normal and necessary for him to have to pull back a bit. There's only one of him and security is an issue. But I'll NEVER forget being in DC and just "hanging out" with him for about 45 mins.

Oh why couldn't I have seen a show back then? 45 minutes with Mika...:mf_lustslow:

And excellent review, thank you mgpm! I love hearing about everyone's experiences.

:shocked::mf_lustslow: OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I just LOVE to read all the reports..........'specially from good old die hard MFCers who always give us the juicy reports that we REALLY want to hear. I love the way that the reports are becoming more and more about interaction and meetings of MFCers..............of course I love to read about Mika too..........and I agree with what Deb said earlier...five minutes just watching him and hearing him talk to people even if it is not oneself is a fantastic experience.:mf_lustslow: Also............I like the fact that Deb posted where the reports start..if that has happened before I hadn't noticed but was just thinking today what a good idea it would be...thanks Deb.:thumb_yello:

Sounds like another amazing night :naughty:

I asked a boy who was part of the staff and kept going to the car to pass them on at least, but he refused as well. So I waved to her and mimed that I had something for her, and then she spoke to the boy and he came out and took the earrings over. Hurrah! I hope she likes them... :blush-anim-cl:

--Jack

I saw that happen! And she waved out the window, right? I just didn't see the person (you!)...What were you wearing? (sorry, weird question, I'm just trying to see if I remember seeing you at all, lol)...

The reports are amazing....thank you to everyone for giving us so much detail!! I love Jack's outfit...thank you for sharing. There is just one thing that freaks me out and that is

At that point I was just shivering uncontrollably, but to my luck I met Cynthia Mulat and Naomi and lilmot! I had seen them standing around but it was not till they started talking with Luke that I realized they were from MFC. --Jack

OMG....what was I doing in Philly? :shocked: Was I behaving myself? :roftl: LOL, I wish I would have been there since it sounds like a great concert. Hopefully, when I finally get to see Mika in Seattle, it will be as great as this one sounds. Thanks, Jack, (or was it Cynthia) for *channeling* me over there, wish I could remember it all.:naughty: I think I would have remembered you and your beautiful outfit :wub2: had I truly met you. (And hopefully, not one was impersonating me and my MFC avatar! :sneaky2::roftl: )

THANKS to everyone who posted here, i've seen the show several times, but reading yr reports is making the experience alive again, and my heart bumps while reading...i still cannot believe i can get the same emotions over and over again without fading their intensity, even improving!

it's almost a year now, and still growing.

There is just one thing that freaks me out and that is

OMG....what was I doing in Philly? :shocked: Was I behaving myself? :roftl: LOL, I wish I would have been there since it sounds like a great concert. .....

(And hopefully, not one was impersonating me and my MFC avatar! [/size]:sneaky2::roftl: )

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

OMG....what was I doing in Philly? :shocked: Was I behaving myself? :roftl: LOL, I wish I would have been there since it sounds like a great concert. Hopefully, when I finally get to see Mika in Seattle, it will be as great as this one sounds. Thanks, Jack, (or was it Cynthia) for *channeling* me over there, wish I could remember it all.:naughty: I think I would have remembered you and your beautiful outfit :wub2: had I truly met you. (And hopefully, not one was impersonating me and my MFC avatar! :sneaky2::roftl: )

Oh, sorry!! Hahah, misunderstanding... I meant to write down InfiniteGreen but copy-pasted the wrong name! :blush-anim-cl:

Actually, I'm not even sure that would be right. I know I met InfiniteGreen but am a bit confused whether she was the MFCer I met while still in the venue, with mgpm, or one of the MFCers hanging around with Cynthia et al.

DSNightly: I wish I'd known you were from MFC! I was wearing my flashy heart but you didn't see it, I think!

--Jack

Oh, different couple then. :-) I know you were in front of me, but I could only see your hand with the flashy heart, and couldn't place your exact location!

What's with the sarcasm, Sarie? :-P

Actually trying to place the MFCers you didn't quite meet afterwards: "oh, so was THAT you? No? Oh THAT was you?" is one of the most entertaining parts!

--Jack

P.S. Violet_sky, I think I forgot to respond to you... I actually JUST realized the silver apple thing myself. When I bought the apples to give to the band, I wasn't thinking of the story, just of us applings and I thought they were pretty! I think I also didn't quite connect it 'cause the apples in my story were smooth silver, but these were covered in rhinestone pebbles.