REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for MIKA in Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory

dcdeb

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Sarie....that sounds intense. I don't think I would want to see the Mika-Hulk..

He's scary. Especially when he's without tea and starts talking in cyber code.

and considering the concert I am going to is the end of the tour.If he cancels. I think I'll pack in and become a monk and live with a yak somwhere in the desert. He must remain healthy! OOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM\

**SUZANNE SENDING NICE THOUGHTS***************OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Wow, that's awesome. Can I go in your suitcase? I can squeeze in and will take a sack lunch!

:naughty: Sure. It might get a bit chilly in the cargo hold though. And you'll have to sleep in the bathtub when we get there. Kata and Yop already have dibs on the floor.

COME ON, PENNSYLVANIANS.

It's not like it's THAT late.

Granted, I had a cold medicine-induced nap this afternoon, BUT STILL.

Don't pretend like it's all late.

Ohhh Sarie, we're tirrrrrred.

WELL SO AM I. Now hurry up.:sneaky2:

deb... every report and story i hear i get more excited! and i have 10 more days to wait! :blink: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH cant wait :)

And I get all excited too and I have an eternity to wait.:mf_rosetinted:

Vicariously I am going to every show he ever does. We are so lucky to have MFC, youtube, photobucket and the rest, how did fans ever survive in the old days. The once a month newsletter with two photos of their muse...:naughty:

We are so LUCKY!!

Vicariously I am going to every show he ever does. We are so lucky to have MFC, youtube, photobucket and the rest, how did fans ever survive in the old days. The once a month newsletter with two photos of their muse...:naughty:

We are so LUCKY!!

I always wonder about that. It must have been absolute torture! I love technology :wub2:

The Toronto concert was so much the best concert I've ever seen that I don't even feel like going to the London gigs. It's just going to be a letdown because they won't even come close.

:naughty: Not trying to rain on everyone's parade. But if Mika cancels Hammersmith at 4 pm again because he was standing outside in the freezing cold for 2 hours after every N. American gig I'm going to be mighty pissed off.

Well, if you really don't want those tickets to London, I could take them off your hands. (Do they come with return air fares to Australia??)

Well, if you really don't want those tickets to London, I could take them off your hands. (Do they come with return air fares to Australia??)

Palladium is opening at Hammersmith so I definitely want to see that one. The Brixton shows? Not so much. I suppose I could suffer through some live Mika even if he does spend the show locking eyes with other people instead of me.

You're just going to have to get front row and center again to make sure that he doesn't lock eyes with anyone else, Christine. ;)

Okay...now I really must go to bed. Geez, I hope they call off school tomorrow for a snow day. I am not looking forward to getting up at 6am and driving in snow. blah.

nightnight everyone!

It was an amazing show. I saw Mika in NYC at the Nokia in June and I think I liked this show even better if that is possible. I'm not good at estimating how many people were there, but it looked like it was sold out since the place was packed. Everyone was so into the concert---singing the words, waving and dancing around. I was so proud of my Philly people (and adopted Philly people) tonight! I think we made him feel very welcomed! When he spoke to the Philly crowd early on, he told us that he had a confession which I did not quite hear--- I believe it was something like he was a little worried about coming to the States and starting this tour, but seeing the turnout in Philly made him feel good?---Someone else with better hearing should verify or correct this!

I can't remember the order of all of the songs, but the unreleased stuff he played was Holy Johnny and Do You Love Me. Luke played the banjo during Holy Johnny! He's so talented... Mika and Saranyde also did Missionary Man.

I noticed that Mikey and Martin played a lot more riffs between songs than before---I liked that---and Mika called for a lot more audience participation where he would turn the mike towards the crowd to fill-in a word or repeat a scat he just finished.

I had a chance to meet mgpm, A. Clay and her son-in-law, Jack(very quickly---she's unmasked and lovely). MFCers are such nice people! I saw Cynthia Mulat very briefly when we were waiting for Mika outside, but did not have a chance to say hi because I was waiting to have a chance to say hello to Mika. So before Mika came out we were strictly told that he would just leave the building and we could just say hi---no autographs or pictures. When he came out, he slowed down and a few people did get autographs and spoke with him...I'll let them tell you their stories themselves (A. Clay has a great story, but I'll leave you in suspense so she can have the chance to do it justice!)...but I was happy enough that I was able to put my hand out from the back of several people and he shook it!

Welp....I'm back....it's 1:21am, my nose is still running from the cold, my ears are still ringing, and I'm still all jittery and happy!

Yeah, get to see the show (my sis and aunt went with me again)...UNFORTUNATLY I don't have ANY magnificent pics like last time (if I would of known they would check a shoe, lets just say, I would have snuck the cam in in my sneaker) but I did get a few grainy quality clips on my cell phone (it's SOEMTHING)

It was PACKED...We were RIGHT up front toward the right..SO CROWDED, but we were HELLA close. not reaching distance, but we weren't ALL the way in the back center or whatever. I actually saw a girl I knew from school who had graduated there! :o We chatted a bit, it was kinda awksward, but whatev....There were some drunks aswell who were assholes, at times (being idiots and pushing and pushing the crowd just to be funny). But it all settled after Mika came on. It was nice seeing him up close in the flesh again....NOT as shocking as last time, but it was nice. :) IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME IN PHILLY! :D AND WE WERE HIS FIRST AMERICAN SHOW WOOO...I sung the words to EVERY song, INVCLUDING the "new" ones he's been performaing since Oct...I swear, I was one of the ONLY people who knew the words to the new songs...people were lookin at me, too.. but it was great seeing him performa all his songs (not just 3) and how much ENERGY he gave out.. Such a great vibe in the room!

AFTER THE SHOW, we were RIGHT next to the side exit doors, so we scurry out... There are a few people who are at these steps, so we hang out there for a little bit... We wanted to get him leaving, but we weren't exactly sure WHERE he was leaving at...There was a great big 18 wheeler and behind it was this big tour bus...so we hurry over there and there ARE baracades and harrdly anyone there. We figure this is great, we'll see him go on the bus. Unfortunatly, The guy said he wasn't going to be over there and that everyone had to come back to where we were originally... by that time about 70 people were gathared with these baracades. I was getting my cell ready when the security gaurd made the announcement Mika personally said NO autographs or picutres,....I was like NO PICS, WTF!?!?! So, I just kinda stood there...the gaurds were sorta making it seem Mika was just gonna come out, say goodnight, and head in this van. We see Mika's mom and aunt(?) walk down the steps, get into the car. Finally, after waiting an hour in the bitter cold, Mika makes an appearance...he is tightly bundled up (most of us were wearing t-shirts or thin jackets, lol). Thankkfully he walked up tot he crowd and began to shake peeps hands. LOTS of girls were giving him stuff and he was having conversations with them. We were in the end, but in the front of the baracade. So, Mika took his time, edging closer and closer. There was a camera following Mika around aswell (whether it wpiuld be for Mika personally or MAYBE another DVD for us). It focased, the light shining on us and I made funny faces at the camera was was like "yo!'...lmao.

He was so close to US when he said, "well guys, I goot go to bed" when I SCREAMED "MIKA!" and put out my hand (lol)... I think he was a bit startled and so was I cause i got his attention. I shook his hand and weirdly congradulated him on his Grammy nomination...But I said it so weird due to the combination of the runny nose, shaking, and nerves. I wish I was up a little closer so I could tell him that I saw him at GMA, oh well. He only took a few more hugs when he finally said goodnight (I feel bad for my sis cause she had this thin ass coat on, he was right in front of her and he didn't notce her, I don't think. :( She's so young, too (prolly th eyoungest one in the whole groupd of people)...But hse didn't mind... And then it was like 12:17am and we hiked back up to the car. And that was it! WOO! :D

I HOPE YOU READ THIS< EVEN IF THERE WAS NO PICS. :(

Welp....I'm back....it's 1:21am, my nose is still running from the cold, my ears are still ringing, and I'm still all jittery and happy!

Yeah, get to see the show (my sis and aunt went with me again)...UNFORTUNATLY I don't have ANY magnificent pics like last time (if I would of known they would check a shoe, lets just say, I would have snuck the cam in in my sneaker) but I did get a few grainy quality clips on my cell phone (it's SOEMTHING)

It was PACKED...We were RIGHT up front toward the right..SO CROWDED, but we were HELLA close. not reaching distance, but we weren't ALL the way in the back center or whatever. I actually saw a girl I knew from school who had graduated there! :o We chatted a bit, it was kinda awksward, but whatev....There were some drunks aswell who were assholes, at times (being idiots and pushing and pushing the crowd just to be funny). But it all settled after Mika came on. It was nice seeing him up close in the flesh again....NOT as shocking as last time, but it was nice. :) IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME IN PHILLY! :D AND WE WERE HIS FIRST AMERICAN SHOW WOOO...I sung the words to EVERY song, INVCLUDING the "new" ones he's been performaing since Oct...I swear, I was one of the ONLY people who knew the words to the new songs...people were lookin at me, too.. but it was great seeing him performa all his songs (not just 3) and how much ENERGY he gave out.. Such a great vibe in the room!

AFTER THE SHOW, we were RIGHT next to the side exit doors, so we scurry out... There are a few people who are at these steps, so we hang out there for a little bit... We wanted to get him leaving, but we weren't exactly sure WHERE he was leaving at...There was a great big 18 wheeler and behind it was this big tour bus...so we hurry over there and there ARE baracades and harrdly anyone there. We figure this is great, we'll see him go on the bus. Unfortunatly, The guy said he wasn't going to be over there and that everyone had to come back to where we were originally... by that time about 70 people were gathared with these baracades. I was getting my cell ready when the security gaurd made the announcement Mika personally said NO autographs or picutres,....I was like NO PICS, WTF!?!?! So, I just kinda stood there...the gaurds were sorta making it seem Mika was just gonna come out, say goodnight, and head in this van. We see Mika's mom and aunt(?) walk down the steps, get into the car. Finally, after waiting an hour in the bitter cold, Mika makes an appearance...he is tightly bundled up (most of us were wearing t-shirts or thin jackets, lol). Thankkfully he walked up tot he crowd and began to shake peeps hands. LOTS of girls were giving him stuff and he was having conversations with them. We were in the end, but in the front of the baracade. So, Mika took his time, edging closer and closer. There was a camera following Mika around aswell (whether it wpiuld be for Mika personally or MAYBE another DVD for us). It focased, the light shining on us and I made funny faces at the camera was was like "yo!'...lmao.

He was so close to US when he said, "well guys, I goot go to bed" when I SCREAMED "MIKA!" and put out my hand (lol)... I think he was a bit startled and so was I cause i got his attention. I shook his hand and weirdly congradulated him on his Grammy nomination...But I said it so weird due to the combination of the runny nose, shaking, and nerves. I wish I was up a little closer so I could tell him that I saw him at GMA, oh well. He only took a few more hugs when he finally said goodnight (I feel bad for my sis cause she had this thin ass coat on, he was right in front of her and he didn't notce her, I don't think. :( She's so young, too (prolly th eyoungest one in the whole groupd of people)...But hse didn't mind... And then it was like 12:17am and we hiked back up to the car. And that was it! WOO! :D

I HOPE YOU READ THIS< EVEN IF THERE WAS NO PICS. :(

YAY! thanks for the report, it sounds like it was fab!

He came out in Toronto for 5 minutes. Everyone got to see him, give him gifts if they had them. He shook a few hands and chatted. It was lovely and I'm sure everyone who was there was happy they got a chance to see him up close. I don't see the point in him losing an hour's sleep to sign his name 50 times.

TBH, I'd prefer a 5-minute conversation to another autograph -- even

if it's not one-on-one, it's just more interesting to hear him speak

with people for a few minutes. To me at least.

:naughty: Not trying to rain on everyone's parade. But if Mika cancels Hammersmith at 4 pm again because he was standing outside in the freezing cold for 2 hours after every N. American gig I'm going to be mighty pissed off.

I hear that. I've been lucky so far, but I can imagine how I would

have felt if he had cancelled after I went all the way to Glasgow. :shocked:

We are so LUCKY!!

True true!

And the first few reports have trickled in! :yay:

Thanks for sharing them! So DS it sounds like they were pretty

strict about the cameras, then?

dcdeb

Yay, people are coming back!!

Thanks for the reports, and don't worry we DEVOUR every word. Just keep 'em comin'!!!:wink2:

And A.CLAY c'mon, don't keep us waiting too long!!

I don't know Blue Sky -- A. Clay lives here near me, so even if she's

driving home tonight, she won't be back for another hour or two,

depending on when she actually left Philly. I'd guess she's

spending the night there, so we won't hear from her until tomorrow

sometime.

But I AM anxious to hear her story! :original:

dcdeb