REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS for Mika in Los Angeles, CA -- Wiltern: 11-02-2008

dcdeb

Yesterday hasn't been the happiest day of my life,I'm having quite an hard period,but I soon as I read all these reports,especially lollipop monkey's one, and see all the delicious pics Charlotte took,I felt relieved!I'm really happy you had such a great time!:thumb_yello:

oh...and Perez looks really good with that hair colour(s)!:naughty:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mikala4-1.jpg

mikala3-1.jpg

mikala2-1.jpg

mikala1-1.jpg

Char you look like you had such an amazing time...weren't you just ogling MIKA doing this to his "belt"

And did you get to meet any of his family??

I am so loving this thread, it has made me laugh and laugh (and cry) today. Weepy oldlings, what would Mika do if he knew:blush-anim-cl:

Have a great time tonight Mana, and I will be sitting here same bat time, same bat station to hear it all again. (Well different thread I guess)

Those reports are amazing, I'm sitting here with goosebumps on goosebumps, and I feel kind of all tingly... :shocked:

How lovely is he.

Love your pics Charlotte. So lucky. :mf_lustslow:

Loved the fact he asked you to stop taking pics and then hugged you. :wub2:

I'm so sodding shy I just know I'm gonna clam up if I meet him. :blush-anim-cl:

I shall really try not too, gonna kick myself as he seems so so nice.

Have made him some stuff as well to give him when I see him in London.(along with the Gizmo he's getting)

I've made him a necklace and a bracelet (haven't been very artful since I left school :roftl: and that was in 1990. He brings out impulses in me that noone has before. Think that's kind of a good thing.

I've bought him a Chicken Little Keyring too :thumb_yello:

Dead sweet he is too .... I couldn't resist it .... :sneaky2:

Oh and Mana - that was without a doubt the best review of a gig I've ever, ever read. So hope I feel an ounce of what you felt like during my first Mika moment.

Love you guys - you make me feel like I'm on the other side of the world with you...

WARNING: The following report will be, in fact, so sappy it ought to wipe its nose with a pancake. In fact, it may well be the sappiest post ever made on MFC. You have been warned. :blush-anim-cl:

--------------------

And then, suddenly, it was time. The lights come up, and there`s Martin right in front of me. He`s shockingly attractive up close, might I add. There`s the band, in behind their instruments - right in front of me. They`re real! This is real. Saranayde made her appearance out of her balloon. And then in a heartbeat, Mika was there in front of me, hitting that glorious opening note of Relax.

It was such a rush. There are no fscking words. For the past year, my life has revolved around this man. Yeah, there`s all the work and family and pets and hobbies that take place in real life - but for the past year, this man from halfway around the world has played a major role in my life. His music is like a balm when I`m stressed - or any other emotion, for that matter. I spend hours on here, studying his photos, reveling in pictures and videos, and rejoicing in new songs. And there he was, not two feet in front of me. I had to keep telling myself over and over that he was real, that this was real. He is, of course, far more beautiful than any pictures or videos would indicate - and that voice! What a treasure.

I was thinking how damn lucky we are - even those who haven`t seen him live as of yet. Of all the millennia in human history, and this beautiful gift of a man is ours - ours! Our lifetimes intersect with his. And he was there, right on stage in front of me. Living, breathing...singing. Ohhhh, singing.

When he first appeared, there was just this overwhelming urge to just pull him close. You see fans reaching toward the stage, despite the huge gap - now I know why. There`s just this overwhelming urge to just grab him, pull him in, to just absorb every iota of what he has to offer. I saw it in Taylor`s (lollipopgirl83)`s eyes - I would bet she felt it, too.

When he announced Big Girl, he did the usual `Are there any big girls in the house tonight` intro, but then he added `How about other girls with the soul of a big girl` - never heard that before. Very cute.

His keyboard was basically right in front of me. Crowd was singing along, made him do that amazing little smile and giggle. I hope that it never, ever, gets old for him. During Any Other World, the purple stage lights were on his hair...beautiful. Those lucky lucky lights, that they should be so fortunate as to dance across the curls of this magnificent creature. :wub2:

Holy Johnny was so great live. Sang every word at the top of my lungs - if he were to glance my way, I was going to make damn sure he knew that I was one of Those Fans - y`know, the ones that dance along the border of stalker-ism. :naughty:

Same with How Much Do You Love Me. That song is mind-blowing live. MFCers were singing every word - he gave our row a lot of eye contact during that song, and a lot of million-kilowatt smiles.

I can`t explain the rush of emotion during this gig. It was like it all built up inside me to the point where I felt I was just going to pop. Like the shere mass of his fabulousness was going to cause the venue to burst open, sending his wonder-ness washing over the world like a technicolour blanket. It was a ridiculous experience - like some no-man`s land between screaming with euphoria and bawling my eyes out. And its funny that I mostly manage to keep up this facade of being a got-it-together twentysomething with my own 9-5, a mortgage, and a couple dogs. But once I stepped in that venue and he stepped on stage, all bets were off. Was it healthy - likely, not so much. But, I couldn`t possibly give a flying fsck - it was pure, incomprehensible euphoria.

When I was turning seven, I was having a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses (a giant indoor playground that serves pizza and cake, for those who may not know). I distinctly remember being so excited the night before, I was turning somersaults from one end of my bed to the other, thinking of how extraordinary it was going to be.

That is how I felt tonight, standing (bouncing, maybe) there watching him perform. That same, ridiculously happy feeling. Mika made me seven years old again, and I love every second of it.

We got treated to an extra-extended version of Stuck in the Middle - he returned to his keyboard after the sing-along bit, and his mic cord fell out. In a flash, a stage hand was there to replace it, but not before Mika could shrug adorably and motion for us to keep singing.

Happy Ending was out of this world. Always been my favourite live song, but there are just no words. Mika virgins - they are not lying when they say that no YouTube video or DVD can compare. Its amazing. His voice is like what you would get if you took a pure mountain spring and tossed it in a blender with a songbirds melody, a shooting star and a late summer thunderstorm. Who the fsck were these record execs who told him to change - I assume they lack ears.

Love Today was way beyond my expectations. Started with the faux snow, and Mika with an umbrella. Gray Skelly comes over and Mika jumps, as though hes scared. Realizes Gray Skelly is protecting him from the faux snow, and gives him a hug. That moved me to tears. Ridiculous, yeah I know. But, I cry over long distance commercials on TV, so this is a step up. Then he starts into Love Today, and - wow. I may have been mentally willing him to take off his shirt, which he certainly did. The boy is a freaking Adonis. Seriously. Ive said it before, and will say it again - we shall commission a sculptor to make a life-sized sculpture of Mika. We will keep it in Freddiesdoubles front yard, and we will make annual pilgrimages to bow down before it. :blush-anim-cl:

Loved Grace Kelly. Had a Moment. The very first time I heard of Mika was when Grace Kelly came on in a movie theatre as I was waiting to see Spiderman 3. And the Wiltern, being theatre-like, took me back to that moment. It was brilliant.

Lollipop was amazing. The balloons and the confetti cannon and Mika dressed as a wolf (an unzipped wolf, may I add, which nearly fell off during the song). It was just bliss. I was staring at the roof watching all the confetti fall, feeling the people around me - amazing.

All too soon it was over. Grabbed a handful of confetti and stuffed it in my purse. Then began the quest to meet Mika...

I totally agree that this is the BEST report I have ever read...and the second half. It just sums up the way that a lot of us feel.

Thank you so much for putting it so eloquently.

Charlie...your pics are totally awesome you lucky lucky girl! You so derserve it though :thumb_yello:

WARNING: The following report will be, in fact, so sappy it ought to wipe its nose with a pancake. In fact, it may well be the sappiest post ever made on MFC. You have been warned. :blush-anim-cl:

--------------------

And then, suddenly, it was time. The lights come up, and there`s Martin right in front of me. He`s shockingly attractive up close, might I add. There`s the band, in behind their instruments - right in front of me. They`re real! This is real. Saranayde made her appearance out of her balloon. And then in a heartbeat, Mika was there in front of me, hitting that glorious opening note of Relax.

It was such a rush. There are no fscking words. For the past year, my life has revolved around this man. Yeah, there`s all the work and family and pets and hobbies that take place in real life - but for the past year, this man from halfway around the world has played a major role in my life. His music is like a balm when I`m stressed - or any other emotion, for that matter. I spend hours on here, studying his photos, reveling in pictures and videos, and rejoicing in new songs. And there he was, not two feet in front of me. I had to keep telling myself over and over that he was real, that this was real. He is, of course, far more beautiful than any pictures or videos would indicate - and that voice! What a treasure.

I was thinking how damn lucky we are - even those who haven`t seen him live as of yet. Of all the millennia in human history, and this beautiful gift of a man is ours - ours! Our lifetimes intersect with his. And he was there, right on stage in front of me. Living, breathing...singing. Ohhhh, singing.

When he first appeared, there was just this overwhelming urge to just pull him close. You see fans reaching toward the stage, despite the huge gap - now I know why. There`s just this overwhelming urge to just grab him, pull him in, to just absorb every iota of what he has to offer. I saw it in Taylor`s (lollipopgirl83)`s eyes - I would bet she felt it, too.

When he announced Big Girl, he did the usual `Are there any big girls in the house tonight` intro, but then he added `How about other girls with the soul of a big girl` - never heard that before. Very cute.

His keyboard was basically right in front of me. Crowd was singing along, made him do that amazing little smile and giggle. I hope that it never, ever, gets old for him. During Any Other World, the purple stage lights were on his hair...beautiful. Those lucky lucky lights, that they should be so fortunate as to dance across the curls of this magnificent creature. :wub2:

Holy Johnny was so great live. Sang every word at the top of my lungs - if he were to glance my way, I was going to make damn sure he knew that I was one of Those Fans - y`know, the ones that dance along the border of stalker-ism. :naughty:

Same with How Much Do You Love Me. That song is mind-blowing live. MFCers were singing every word - he gave our row a lot of eye contact during that song, and a lot of million-kilowatt smiles.

I can`t explain the rush of emotion during this gig. It was like it all built up inside me to the point where I felt I was just going to pop. Like the shere mass of his fabulousness was going to cause the venue to burst open, sending his wonder-ness washing over the world like a technicolour blanket. It was a ridiculous experience - like some no-man`s land between screaming with euphoria and bawling my eyes out. And its funny that I mostly manage to keep up this facade of being a got-it-together twentysomething with my own 9-5, a mortgage, and a couple dogs. But once I stepped in that venue and he stepped on stage, all bets were off. Was it healthy - likely, not so much. But, I couldn`t possibly give a flying fsck - it was pure, incomprehensible euphoria.

When I was turning seven, I was having a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses (a giant indoor playground that serves pizza and cake, for those who may not know). I distinctly remember being so excited the night before, I was turning somersaults from one end of my bed to the other, thinking of how extraordinary it was going to be.

That is how I felt tonight, standing (bouncing, maybe) there watching him perform. That same, ridiculously happy feeling. Mika made me seven years old again, and I love every second of it.

We got treated to an extra-extended version of Stuck in the Middle - he returned to his keyboard after the sing-along bit, and his mic cord fell out. In a flash, a stage hand was there to replace it, but not before Mika could shrug adorably and motion for us to keep singing.

Happy Ending was out of this world. Always been my favourite live song, but there are just no words. Mika virgins - they are not lying when they say that no YouTube video or DVD can compare. Its amazing. His voice is like what you would get if you took a pure mountain spring and tossed it in a blender with a songbirds melody, a shooting star and a late summer thunderstorm. Who the fsck were these record execs who told him to change - I assume they lack ears.

Love Today was way beyond my expectations. Started with the faux snow, and Mika with an umbrella. Gray Skelly comes over and Mika jumps, as though hes scared. Realizes Gray Skelly is protecting him from the faux snow, and gives him a hug. That moved me to tears. Ridiculous, yeah I know. But, I cry over long distance commercials on TV, so this is a step up. Then he starts into Love Today, and - wow. I may have been mentally willing him to take off his shirt, which he certainly did. The boy is a freaking Adonis. Seriously. Ive said it before, and will say it again - we shall commission a sculptor to make a life-sized sculpture of Mika. We will keep it in Freddiesdoubles front yard, and we will make annual pilgrimages to bow down before it. :blush-anim-cl:

Loved Grace Kelly. Had a Moment. The very first time I heard of Mika was when Grace Kelly came on in a movie theatre as I was waiting to see Spiderman 3. And the Wiltern, being theatre-like, took me back to that moment. It was brilliant.

Lollipop was amazing. The balloons and the confetti cannon and Mika dressed as a wolf (an unzipped wolf, may I add, which nearly fell off during the song). It was just bliss. I was staring at the roof watching all the confetti fall, feeling the people around me - amazing.

All too soon it was over. Grabbed a handful of confetti and stuffed it in my purse. Then began the quest to meet Mika...

Ugh! that was beautiful!!!! i love the adonis reference lol. i think you described EVERYONES feelings about mika.

Mana, I can't tell you HOW many times I have thought that exact same thing! (I'm a sap as well, complete and total sap.) Thank you for posting thoughts that have gone through my head over and over again. It really is amazing that we are on this earth at the same time as Mika. SOOO many people came before us and SOOO many people will come after us, but I wouldn't change being here right now for anything. I'm sure other charistmatic, talented guys will exist in the future, but that doesn't matter to us now, does it? We have Mika. Thank God.

Your report was beautiful.

And Charlotte, I LOVE the pictures!!! Thank you for posting all of those VIP ones. *le sigh* :wub2: By the way, what did Mika interview you about? (I love hearing Mika conversations!)

And...was Mika still wearing the bracelets??? I think they were underneath the big silver bracelet, but I couldn't tell.

All the reports are amazing!! So glad to hear that everyone had an amazing time (again)!!!

Is it bad that with every gig report I read, I get even more jealous? I know I had my 3 gigs already but I want more!!!:mf_lustslow:

Sure! I'll write up some names and repost!

In the meantime, for your amusement, our complete and total humiliation.:naughty:

Awww, thank you for the pics and video! I wish SO badly that I could have been there! You are all gorgeous, amazing people. (And the weather looks AMAZING! It's snowing and -1F in Michigan right now. I want to be in CA!)

Thanks for the reports! It sounds like Mika is really having a great tour. I hope he comes back real soon. And waiting in line at 73F is definitely better than freezing in the midwest!

CharlotteChristy, you were brave to take those pictures. I loved them. I thought about taking them like that but I didn't want to offend him or anything.

Sure! I'll write up some names and repost!

In the meantime, for your amusement, our complete and total humiliation.:naughty:

Ohhhhh, I recognize Lollipop_Monkey because of the dress she showed us she was going to wear (I really feel like a stalker now). And so, that must be Standard Toaster, huh?

Love the reports and pics. Keep them coming please. What an emotional morning, I've cried and laughed and now I feel rather faint. Will I last until Thursday? :blink:

Yesterday hasn't been the happiest day of my life,I'm having quite an hard period,but I soon as I read all these reports,especially lollipop monkey's one, and see all the delicious pics Charlotte took,I felt relieved!I'm really happy you had such a great time!:thumb_yello:

oh...and Perez looks really good with that hair colour(s)!:naughty:

perfectly agree:punk:

Oh lollipop_monkey!

Not only you have the gift to write, you can do it like a poet as well!:wub2:

I loved to read your report.

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

And charlottechristy, how come you where in the VIP section?

Have I missed something? :shocked:

Thank you for the pictures!

thanks for pics/names, you look so happy and (obviously) totally mad!

i could see MFC badges and MIKA rosettes, but no flashing hearts...is it just an european trend? :naughty:

it's amazing how mika fans are similar all over the world....nice! :thumb_yello:

the girl with findingmywords is not a MFCer but she seems so into the madness...cannot she join here? as all the rest 'with no name'???

:naughty: :naughty:

lovely lovely ppl....:wub2: :wub2:

Oh lollipop_monkey!

Not only you have the gift to write, you can do it like a poet as well!:wub2:

I loved to read your report.

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

And charlottechristy, how come you where in the VIP section?

Have I missed something? :shocked:

Thank you for the pictures!

she went to the gig with her friend Kathleen, who happens to be the owner of a certain Butterfly Lounge....:wink2:

Mana, I can't tell you HOW many times I have thought that exact same thing! (I'm a sap as well, complete and total sap.) Thank you for posting thoughts that have gone through my head over and over again. It really is amazing that we are on this earth at the same time as Mika. SOOO many people came before us and SOOO many people will come after us, but I wouldn't change being here right now for anything. I'm sure other charistmatic, talented guys will exist in the future, but that doesn't matter to us now, does it? We have Mika. Thank God.

Your report was beautiful.

And Charlotte, I LOVE the pictures!!! Thank you for posting all of those VIP ones. *le sigh* :wub2: By the way, what did Mika interview you about? (I love hearing Mika conversations!)

And...was Mika still wearing the bracelets??? I think they were underneath the big silver bracelet, but I couldn't tell.

Oh, I forgot one more question. (Sorry!) :wink2: Did I read correctly that Mika is going to be on the Tonight Show? Or Perez? And is it this week? I checked his website, and Leno doesn't list the guests for this week. Hmmmm....