REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS for Mika in Los Angeles, CA -- Wiltern: 11-02-2008

dcdeb

For the amount youve seen and you say it was one of the best .. wow!! :shocked:

Im well pleased and you got to mee him toooo :punk:

i know! cool for meeting him... but it was shorter than in newcastle! haha and i thought it will be more relaxed here...i swear he got SO HUGE here at the last few months!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! :shocked: 200 people! Thanks for the report and I know you've got a lot more details just waiting to come out...and pics and vids too of course...

He called you by your name!!!! Wow...actually we thought you might have had more than 10 seconds - I think avoca thought you might be having dinner with him...:roftl: did you get another pic with him? :roftl:

:thumb_yello:

lol yes! he does call me by my name since coachella and i looove it... ofcourse ;)

soooo sweet LOVE THIS GUY! he try so hard for us...

ok summer need the computer and than we off to bed!

talk soon!!!

hugs

i know! cool for meeting him... but it was shorter than in newcastle! haha and i thought it will be more relaxed here...i swear he got SO HUGE here at the last few months!

Its a pain isn't it...we all want him to be huge and really really popular...but we want him just for us too!!:shocked:

lol yes! he does call me by my name since coachella and i looove it... ofcourse ;)

soooo sweet LOVE THIS GUY! he try so hard for us...

ok summer need the computer and than we off to bed!

talk soon!!!

hugs

Goodnight Sivan have VERY sweet dreams!!!:wub2: Thanks for the great report:thumb_yello:

Suzy............I do worry about you sometimes!!!!:naughty:

Oh kath, no worries...maybe not kick so hard...and not the degrading type of spitting - just the kind where it's because he's singing and/or talking soooo close that you could also see his pores. His sweat drops have already fallen onto my arm before...:roftl:

Yeh hes getting massive , I really never thought Newcastle would be beaten as you know that was one helluva concert!!!! .... Im buzzing that this was jumping as you say hes huge and thats off the back off one album:wub2:

200 people waiting!!!! :shocked:

Well now that was fsking amazing. *is in a daze*

:harp:

And you get to do it all over again tomorrow. Lucky girl! Can't wait to hear all about it. I expect at least a 5-part essay.

u would think its boring seeing the same show so many times and knowing all the little things that he allways do but actually its even more fun! cause we can sing a long and dance and its great!

I know exactly what you mean. It helps that Mika seems to be on fire for this tour. It sounds like one fantastic show after the next. So glad you had a great night!

Oh kath, no worries...maybe not kick so hard...and not the degrading type of spitting - just the kind where it's because he's singing and/or talking soooo close that you could also see his pores. His sweat drops have already fallen onto my arm before...:roftl:

I Know!!!!:naughty: It is just that I was re reading the Oslo thread again the other night...wallowing in nostalgia...and I was reading the bit where i was rambling on about just those things...the sweat, the body heat..the smell of the breath etc...and you commented very similarly then....so I was just a little worried that you were becoming over obsessed with Mika's bodily fluids :naughty: I think I had btter go now before i get thrown out !!!!:naughty:

Its a pain isn't it...we all want him to be huge and really really popular...but we want him just for us too!!:shocked:

yep :) true!

And you get to do it all over again tomorrow. Lucky girl! Can't wait to hear all about it. I expect at least a 5-part essay.

I know exactly what you mean. It helps that Mika seems to be on fire for this tour. It sounds like one fantastic show after the next. So glad you had a great night!

yes he IS on fire! amazing tour! my god the look on his face i think summer got a video of it... he was SHOCKED and happy same time...it was hilarious!

ok better go now..i want to stay! but sleeeeep! i wont have much :boxed:

byeeeee

yes he IS on fire! amazing tour! my god the look on his face i think summer got a video of it... he was SHOCKED and happy same time...it was hilarious!

ok better go now..i want to stay! but sleeeeep! i wont have much :boxed:

byeeeee

Can't wait for summer's vid! I love seeing his expression when the crowd is singing along!

Sweet dreams Sivan!

I don't think so... I don't think they were looking for any, were they?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... it's over!

LOLLIPOP!

dcdeb

Wowww, you are so lucky, living it through a phone, whilst we live it through your posts :naughty:

Me either

Charlotte just texted -- she got her pic with Perez Hilton!

*jealous*

dcdeb

So Perez was there again?

Charlotte knows the owner of the Butterfly Lounge and they went to the

show together. Guess that's how she got into the VIP area :)

dcdeb

Oooh, lucky :bleh:

OMG IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!!! I JUST GOT BACK TO MY HOUSE AND I HAVE TO GO TO BED B/C I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW, BUT IT WAS PERFECT! MIKA WAS ADORABLE AND I HAD AN AMAZING SEAT...WELL NOT SEAT...STANDING AREA HAHA. AND IT WAS SOOOO GREAT TO MEET EVERYONE FROM THE MFC!!! I'LL POST MY PICS AND VIDS TOMORROW!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! GAAAAAH IT WAS AMAZING SEEING MIKA IN THE FLESH!!!

Wooooo! :yay:

Love,

Arts and Lolls

Wooo! :yay:

Such a clumsy boy :naughty:

Face paint? We must see pictures!

and said we need to hurry cause ppl started throwing bottles close by :blink: and he might have to leave soon but i think he stayed till the last person... we saw him when we drove by. he is amazing, he signed for soooo many ppl! i never seen such a long line of ppl waiting for him... i thought Brighton and newcastle was crazy... that was INSANE! i think it was like 200 people.... but maybe im tired?

Wow, 200 people - poor guy!

Throwing bottles?! What?

8:34 am

Wake up far too early after an awful dream that that gig was moved to a Walmart, and that thousands of people were lining up. Shower, get dressed. Venue is one block from our hotel...very, very handy.

11:09am

Spot Sivan, Summer and Summer's sister (I think?) already in the queue. At this point, they were the queue. Head over to the Denny's just up the block, where we spot Taylor (lollipopgirl83) in the corner. Amy (artsyfartsy) is also there. Soon, Vanessa and Beatrice show up (findingmywords and her friend...cousin? Who has yet to join MFC). Nono (Fmbm) arrives shortly after. Breakfast is great. Pass out MFC badges and rosettes to the gals (talk about a way to score points!). Attempt to eat despite nerves.

11:50 am

Finish eating. Run to Starbucks (because a double espresso hits the spot when you're nervous and excited beyond repair). Join Vanessa and Beatrice running through a random grove of trees in the middle of LA.

12:22pm

Still not many people in the queue. Start thinking of what a long wait this will be. Be thankful for the weather (about 73F, or 24C ish, and sunny).

12:37pm

Time to stalk what we think may be Mika's tour bus, parked behind the Wiltern. We made friends with the security guy, a fellow called Timothy. I think the poor guy was lonely, because he quite liked chatting with us! See Luke walk into the venue from a distance, with Cherisse and Saranayde. See roadie walk in with Mika`s jackets. I think this is the point where it all started to seem really, really...real.

2:25 pm

Again with the stalking of the tour bus. A town car pulls up right beside us, carrying John (Mika's manager). We walk up to him, and he stops and talks to us. He tells us that it's gonna be a good show, and that he prefers LA weather over Midwest snow - although Salt Lake City was okay, he says, because it's a "dry cold".

3:10pm

Back out front in the queue. Timothy (security guy) comes out to tell us that the band came looking for us where we had been stalking the tour bus. Panic and run back over.

3:20pm

Luke and Saranayde come out to chat. They ask us if we were at the infamous Salt Lake City gig - no, we weren`t, but we heard all about it! Thank them for improvising for the SLC fans, even with their equipment stuck in another state. Saranayde - beautiful, sweet girl - jokes that during the SLC acoustic set, she got to upgrade from the cup and spoon she plays during Holy Johnny. Luke came around the barrier to see if he could spot the queue from where he was standing - stood right next to me. OMG.

4:23pm

Playing cards in the queue. Silly string makes an appearance. Neon paint makes a reappearance. Nono brought portable speakers, and Andrew (StandardToaster) had the entire LICM DVD on his iPod. Dance, sing, and feel the excitement build.

5:48

Sun goes down, excitement levels go up. Queue is beginning to grow. Singing Mika`s songs loudly and fabulously off-key. Love the atmosphere. Make last bathroom and other such breaks - doors open in less than an hour!

6:51pm

Potential catastrophe. Venue staff had come around and given orange wristbands to everyone with floor seats. However, Sivan, Summer, Summer`s sister and Michelle had stepped out of the line for a moment - and security wasn`t going to let them back in. Girls managed to convince them, complete with digital pics of them sitting with the rest of us from early in the afternoon.

7:07pm

Gahh, impatience! Open the freakin` doors already! They take away everyone`s silly string. Hmph, there goes that idea.

7:12pm

Doors are open! Security is checking purses. I get the joy of extra scrutiny because of -heavens! - an empty Ziploc bag. Power walk into the venue, get down onto the floor. Front row - slightly onto Martin`s side of the stage. Phew.

7:30pm

Shwayze takes the stage. Random rapper guy, performing slightly melodic but meh-ish rap to a backing track - no live musicians. Okay, but not Mika...certainly not Mika.

At this point, there was a screen above the stage with a number to text messages to, which would then be displayed on the screen. Was more entertaining than the act, sorry to say.

8:00pm

Midway State takes the stage. At least they played some freakin`instruments! You know, if I was in a bar or something and Midway State took the stage, I`d have been thoroughly impressed. Lead singer (Nathan, who talked to us MFCers before the gig) has a pretty voice, and he sure ain`t bad to look at. But again, they`re not Mika. I was trying SO HARD to live in the moment, to try to enjoy their music. It was so hard, though, when I was bubbling from toes to tail in Mika-anticpation.

8:50pm

Midway State wrapped up twenty minutes ago. The anticpation in the room was palpable. Everyone would have been on the edge of their seats, had their been seats. Watch the roadies get the stage set for our Man. The crowd is literally buzzing. Very good atmosphere, though - plenty of space at the front, no pushing whatsoever.

9:12pm

Jump outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition...workin`9 - 5! What a way to make a livin!

Suzy you are sick. Where is closetmikafan? Take her to a doctor CMF.

GYAAAAAAAH !! On fire!!

I can't cope. :naughty: And he is NEVER coming here, so I get to burn up by myself.

Mana is doing it in more than 5 parts I bet. First part was amazing, can't wait to hear about the show itself. Which I would like to say happened while we were sitting here reading about it in real time, nothing like our beautiful wonderful MFC to keep us on the edge of our distant seats.

Distant being the operative word.

*sigh*

8:34 am

Wake up far too early after an awful dream that that gig was moved to a Walmart, and that thousands of people were lining up. Shower, get dressed. Venue is one block from our hotel...very, very handy.

LOL

11:50 am

Join Vanessa and Beatrice running through a random grove of trees in the middle of LA.

LOL

6:51pm

Potential catastrophe. Venue staff had come around and given orange wristbands to everyone with floor seats. However, Sivan, Summer, Summer`s sister and Michelle had stepped out of the line for a moment - and security wasn`t going to let them back in. Girls managed to convince them, complete with digital pics of them sitting with the rest of us from early in the afternoon.

LOL! I was thinking before about how I would totally have shown digital pictures :naughty:

7:12pm

Doors are open! Security is checking purses. I get the joy of extra scrutiny because of -heavens! - an empty Ziploc bag. Power walk into the venue, get down onto the floor. Front row - slightly onto Martin`s side of the stage. Phew.

:shocked: Bringing an empty zip lock back to a concert - WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?

9:12pm

Jump outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition...workin`9 - 5! What a way to make a livin!

How dare you break into lyric at the most fricking exciting part!?

*is bored and anxious for more reports*

WARNING: The following report will be, in fact, so sappy it ought to wipe its nose with a pancake. In fact, it may well be the sappiest post ever made on MFC. You have been warned. :blush-anim-cl:

--------------------

And then, suddenly, it was time. The lights come up, and there`s Martin right in front of me. He`s shockingly attractive up close, might I add. There`s the band, in behind their instruments - right in front of me. They`re real! This is real. Saranayde made her appearance out of her balloon. And then in a heartbeat, Mika was there in front of me, hitting that glorious opening note of Relax.

It was such a rush. There are no fscking words. For the past year, my life has revolved around this man. Yeah, there`s all the work and family and pets and hobbies that take place in real life - but for the past year, this man from halfway around the world has played a major role in my life. His music is like a balm when I`m stressed - or any other emotion, for that matter. I spend hours on here, studying his photos, reveling in pictures and videos, and rejoicing in new songs. And there he was, not two feet in front of me. I had to keep telling myself over and over that he was real, that this was real. He is, of course, far more beautiful than any pictures or videos would indicate - and that voice! What a treasure.

I was thinking how damn lucky we are - even those who haven`t seen him live as of yet. Of all the millennia in human history, and this beautiful gift of a man is ours - ours! Our lifetimes intersect with his. And he was there, right on stage in front of me. Living, breathing...singing. Ohhhh, singing.

When he first appeared, there was just this overwhelming urge to just pull him close. You see fans reaching toward the stage, despite the huge gap - now I know why. There`s just this overwhelming urge to just grab him, pull him in, to just absorb every iota of what he has to offer. I saw it in Taylor`s (lollipopgirl83)`s eyes - I would bet she felt it, too.

When he announced Big Girl, he did the usual `Are there any big girls in the house tonight` intro, but then he added `How about other girls with the soul of a big girl` - never heard that before. Very cute.

His keyboard was basically right in front of me. Crowd was singing along, made him do that amazing little smile and giggle. I hope that it never, ever, gets old for him. During Any Other World, the purple stage lights were on his hair...beautiful. Those lucky lucky lights, that they should be so fortunate as to dance across the curls of this magnificent creature. :wub2:

Holy Johnny was so great live. Sang every word at the top of my lungs - if he were to glance my way, I was going to make damn sure he knew that I was one of Those Fans - y`know, the ones that dance along the border of stalker-ism. :naughty:

Same with How Much Do You Love Me. That song is mind-blowing live. MFCers were singing every word - he gave our row a lot of eye contact during that song, and a lot of million-kilowatt smiles.

I can`t explain the rush of emotion during this gig. It was like it all built up inside me to the point where I felt I was just going to pop. Like the shere mass of his fabulousness was going to cause the venue to burst open, sending his wonder-ness washing over the world like a technicolour blanket. It was a ridiculous experience - like some no-man`s land between screaming with euphoria and bawling my eyes out. And its funny that I mostly manage to keep up this facade of being a got-it-together twentysomething with my own 9-5, a mortgage, and a couple dogs. But once I stepped in that venue and he stepped on stage, all bets were off. Was it healthy - likely, not so much. But, I couldn`t possibly give a flying fsck - it was pure, incomprehensible euphoria.

When I was turning seven, I was having a birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses (a giant indoor playground that serves pizza and cake, for those who may not know). I distinctly remember being so excited the night before, I was turning somersaults from one end of my bed to the other, thinking of how extraordinary it was going to be.

That is how I felt tonight, standing (bouncing, maybe) there watching him perform. That same, ridiculously happy feeling. Mika made me seven years old again, and I love every second of it.

We got treated to an extra-extended version of Stuck in the Middle - he returned to his keyboard after the sing-along bit, and his mic cord fell out. In a flash, a stage hand was there to replace it, but not before Mika could shrug adorably and motion for us to keep singing.

Happy Ending was out of this world. Always been my favourite live song, but there are just no words. Mika virgins - they are not lying when they say that no YouTube video or DVD can compare. Its amazing. His voice is like what you would get if you took a pure mountain spring and tossed it in a blender with a songbirds melody, a shooting star and a late summer thunderstorm. Who the fsck were these record execs who told him to change - I assume they lack ears.

Love Today was way beyond my expectations. Started with the faux snow, and Mika with an umbrella. Gray Skelly comes over and Mika jumps, as though hes scared. Realizes Gray Skelly is protecting him from the faux snow, and gives him a hug. That moved me to tears. Ridiculous, yeah I know. But, I cry over long distance commercials on TV, so this is a step up. Then he starts into Love Today, and - wow. I may have been mentally willing him to take off his shirt, which he certainly did. The boy is a freaking Adonis. Seriously. Ive said it before, and will say it again - we shall commission a sculptor to make a life-sized sculpture of Mika. We will keep it in Freddiesdoubles front yard, and we will make annual pilgrimages to bow down before it. :blush-anim-cl:

Loved Grace Kelly. Had a Moment. The very first time I heard of Mika was when Grace Kelly came on in a movie theatre as I was waiting to see Spiderman 3. And the Wiltern, being theatre-like, took me back to that moment. It was brilliant.

Lollipop was amazing. The balloons and the confetti cannon and Mika dressed as a wolf (an unzipped wolf, may I add, which nearly fell off during the song). It was just bliss. I was staring at the roof watching all the confetti fall, feeling the people around me - amazing.

All too soon it was over. Grabbed a handful of confetti and stuffed it in my purse. Then began the quest to meet Mika...

I was thinking how damn lucky we are - even those who haven`t seen him live as of yet. Of all the millennia in human history, and this beautiful gift of a man is ours - ours! Our lifetimes intersect with his. And he was there, right on stage in front of me. Living, breathing...singing. Ohhhh, singing.

Awwwww I love this line:wub2:

WOW!

LollipopMonkey, I think you hit the nail right on the head there. Perfect description of what it's like to be at a Mika show, couldn't have put it better myself.

How come when Charlotte goes to a show, it ends up being a cliffhanger?

Dying to know what happened when she went into the room Mika was in. Bet we have to wait 'til later tonight early tomorrow now. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!