Special Moments with Mika

JULS92

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ill answer this the way Vero did ... lol

1. Troubadour LA - show for 300-400 ppl THE BEST! - gave him the scrapbook, met him for the first time, got a hug - went to heaven and stuck there since than.

2. Virgin store - signed my CD - said he LOVED the scrapbook

3. Coachella festival - remembered my name! :shocked: and had a little chat - he actually said he will write a letter to EVERYONE on the scrapbook but im sure he didnt know he is going to get 1000000 other gifts LOL! so we understand mika x

4. Avalon, LA - was lollipop! and After party! YAY!

5. Filmore, SF - One of the best shows i saw! - we have the sweet dreams video to prove it, thanks summer!, met mika after and he was sweet as allways :)

6. Newcastle, UK - one of the BEST shows EVER!!! had the most amazing time. met mika for few seconds, gave him the necklace i made for him.

7. Brighton, UK - mika wore my necklace on TV! :thumb_yello:

8. Brixton, UK - was with suzy and christine when she gave him the year book, was sweet moment.

9. Wiltern, LA - again one of the BEST shows i went to (hard to choose!), met him after for a few seconds... was sweet as allways.

10. Warfield, SF - meeting him after the show, hug, said thank you, he held my hand :wub2: *faint* ;) and the best part when he called me back so andy could film my costume :punk:

11. seeing mika on jay leno!

:blush-anim-cl:

3 words for you....

LUCKY, LUCKY AND LUCKY!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My special moment came on January 29/08 when I gave Mika a gift...

Let me explain...

In the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD, Mika talks about "The Fingertips Song" (I'm sure you know all about it). So I was shopping the Monday before the concert and I saw these squishy, stretchy toy body parts. I thought to myself, "those are for Mika". So after the Kool Haus concert, Mika came out to greet us fans and talked to us (the group of fans near his van) for a bit. Even though I was towards the back of the crowd, I said my "excuse me's" to get closer. I was so nervous because he was right there and well I was speechless out of sheer excitement and joy of Mika being that close. I leaned over a few people to hand Mika the gift and said, "Mika...in honour of The Fingertips Song". And he must have been busy talking with other people because when he took the gift he said something along the lines of "what are these?". But then he looked at them for a couple seconds, realized what I meant/what they were and he said they were "brilliant". I just about about died with excitement!!! He had the biggest, most adorable smile on his face when he said that *swoon* I can't stop talking about that night!!!

Blimey, there have been so many, where to start!

1. The Culture Show. Stood by the pillar right in front of him while he played GK, totally magical.

2. HMV LT signing, the smile and wink, what more can I say.

3. All the random questions, but especially Newcastle as he came to me, felt really special that.

4. Bournemouth as I got a little snuggle.

5. Brixton, the afterparty. First when he singled me out and we had the over everyones head conversation with each other, couldn't believe he would do that, and later when we talked properly and he told me that even after filming me for months, he didn't know what my name was, ha ha! The special message for me on the flag and when he took my camera and went nuts taking photos of the two of us, 'cause he wasn't happy with the ones he took. Totally cool!

Oooh, I have a couple of "moments".

In B'ham (Nov '07) me and my mate Becki made a banner for the concert that read "We're gonna love today!"

It was HUGE lol.

Anywho, we were right at the front in the middle and during love today we held our banner up as high as we could.

Before we knew it, he was smiling and pointing at the banner :)

Was so cool lol.

AND.. on the same concert, he got down low on the little stagey thing at the front, and I put my arms around him. He sorta stood there while I was trying to hug him.. I s'pose I was a bit sucessful..

I had a mini-hug. Yay :)

Well, they were special enough to me haha!

xox

hehe,that was bloody brilliant, rose! so happy for ya!

as for me (in time sequence).

1) milano, when I first saw him after the gig and he thanked for drawings and the box I had made him and showed it to the crowd

2) my space bullettin to thank for the bday present, even if the delivery had been much of a pain :mf_rosetinted:

3) paris (I was not there) but he greeted me through some friend as he was told the bday person would be at the bologna gig, 10 days or so after

4) bologna gig (before gig and after): personal apologies for having missed big chill and personal thank you for the bday present project

5) phone call outside apollo on dec. 3rd

6) apollo, 3 months after: he recognised me (though he still hasn't got a clue on my name :roftl: ) outside gig when he stopped with car

7) brixton 26th feb. he thanked me for the present I had handed to him via john in dec. and said I'm "phenomenal" (o.c. not true, but I was :blush-anim-cl: )

8) brixton 28th : before gig. simply a legend :mf_rosetinted: no need to say more

9) afterparty: mika askedfor a photo with me :blush-anim-cl::shocked:

10) more special moments after afterparty in brixton, the end of a perfect day, mika wise. :wub2:

hehe,that was bloody brilliant, rose! so happy for ya!

as for me (in time sequence).

1) milano, when I first saw him after the gig and he thanked for drawings and the box I had made him and showed it to the crowd

2) my space bullettin to thank for the bday present, even if the delivery had been much of a pain :mf_rosetinted:

3) paris (I was not there) but he greeted me through some friend as he was told the bday person would be at the bologna gig, 10 days or so after

4) bologna gig (before gig and after): personal apologies for having missed big chill and personal thank you for the bday present project

5) phone call outside apollo on dec. 3rd

6) apollo, 3 months after: he recognised me (though he still hasn't got a clue on my name :roftl: ) outside gig when he stopped with car

7) brixton 26th feb. he thanked me for the present I had handed to him via john in dec. and said I'm "phenomenal" (o.c. not true, but I was :blush-anim-cl: )

8) brixton 28th : before gig. simply a legend :mf_rosetinted: no need to say more

9) afterparty: mika askedfor a photo with me :blush-anim-cl::shocked:

10) more special moments after afterparty in brixton, the end of a perfect day, mika wise. :wub2:

Hey, couldn't have done the last one if it hadn't been for you, you ARE phenomenonal ;-)

I really love reading all your stories...

lucky guys !! :wink2:

And Avoca, i was there when you talked to him when he arrived at Brixton...!! what an amazing moment...

I had my moment at this famous afterparty of Brixton...

after having talking with many people and taking pics with them, he went towards the little group of french people I was with. He took one pic and said in french that he had to leave and felt so sorry not taking pics with all of them.

And I don't know what happened in my mind, but as he looked at me, I just said to him in french that he just could take a pic with all of us... and he didn't let me the time to finish my sentence and he said "yeah, you're right, brillant idea..." and we get our moment with Mika... he took me by the shoulder and I was just beside him :wub2: and to be sure that all the people in front of me won't hide me, I just try to grow myself (I hope you see what I mean... ) and I think he wondered what I was doing so he looked at me and understood what happened !! so he said " I know, it's nice to be tall " !! :naughty:

so this was my moment with Mika. It was such an amazing gig at the third row and a magic evening after... thank you so much to Mika...:wub2:

PS: very sorry for my english :blush-anim-cl:

1. Feb 14th, Seattle: He sang right to my face during Love Today. I died right then and there, but luckily came back to life for the rest of the show.

2. Accidentally bopped him in the face with a balloon during Lollipop. He didn't seem to notice too much though! Or just played it off like the pro he is!

3. Met him after the show!! He wasn't supposed to talk due to a sore throat. I just walked up silently and handed him my ticket to sign. He asked me if I was having a good night and I replied "of course!" A girl we met at the show took a picture of him signing the ticket and he has this big smile on his face. I'm sure I look like a big dork but luckily my hair is covering most of my face.

:wub2: Best night!! I hope he comes back soon! Or to Portland this time so I don't have to take the bus again...but I will do it for MIKA!!

I guess I've never had a happy memory with him , per se, and I guess thinking back now I couldve been happier with other experiences, but at that moment I was riding his high and nothing could bring me down...

the philly concert was my first and only mika concert so far and I didn't know that i could love him any more until after. I never knew love like this until that night, I never have or will feel this way about another musical artist. Watching videos of the intro that night just brings me back to standing in the crowd... waiting... too excited to scream, too overwhelmed to contain my emotion, frantically shaking at the thought of finally getting the chance to see him... watching those videos makes my heart skip a beat. :tears:

Mine are...

1. When I got to meet Mika backstage at the Hong Kong show last May. I'm sure I had more than 10 mins with him..gave him all the gifts, which included a poster (Where's Mika Poster), which he genuinely seemed to love.. Talked about the T-shirt I made and wore, the MFC badge that came from Freddiesdouble, my nick on MFC, had a bit of a disagreement cause he was convinced that there was someone called mika is magic/mikamagic on MFC when there was none, found out he didn't know what 'Heroes' was (??), found out he loves 'Where's Wally books', got to put on a bracelet i got him on his wrist, got him to sign 2 other copies of the poster we made him, and then he insisted to have a photo with me although we were told - no individual photos. Almost had a heart attack when he rested his head on mine, i had to balance properly so that we both wouldn't fall, as he had one leg up in the air while holding up the poster for some strange reason.

2. Had a moment when he looked straight at me while singing on stage, when i went for the Birmingham gig and was in the second row.

3. Met him again, after the Birmingham gig in November. He remembers me, we had a good chat, he signed the T-shirt I made and wore at the Hong Kong gig and had another photo taken. Only after leaving the venue that I realise what he wrote on my t-shirt. It says- Dear Jassmin, Thank you. love the poster. It's in My flat. Love Mika :blush-anim-cl:

4. After the Brixton gig on 26th Feb, My sister and I waited for him after the gig along with other fans, many were from the MFC.. to cut the story short we ended up waiting right by his car. It was my sister's first gig and I really wanted her to meet Mika, as for me I only wanted him to know that I was there. Unfortunately/fortunately?? Mika just walked straight pass us and entered the car.. as he was climbing into the car..I was dissapointed and for some strange reason shouted Mika, It's Jassmin from Malaysia. Then he sat down and looked straight at me.. suddenly Ice-man shut the car door from the inside while he was still looking (it was in split seconds).. and I was devastated. The window was tinted, completely dark and I couldn't see a thing...i thought that's it, he's going.. but to my amazement, suddenly the car door reopens and Mika smiles and asked.. "How are you?"... we chatted for a bit and my sister got her autograph..:blush-anim-cl:

4. After the Brixton gig on 26th Feb, My sister and I waited for him after the gig along with other fans, many were from the MFC.. to cut the story short we ended up waiting right by his car. It was my sister's first gig and I really wanted her to meet Mika, as for me I only wanted him to know that I was there. Unfortunately/fortunately?? Mika just walked straight pass us and entered the car.. as he was climbing into the car..I was dissapointed and for some strange reason shouted Mika, It's Jassmin from Malaysia. Then he sat down and looked straight at me.. suddenly Ice-man shut the car door from the inside while he was still looking (it was in split seconds).. and I was devastated. The window was tinted, completely dark and I couldn't see a thing...i thought that's it, he's going.. but to my amazement, suddenly the car door reopens and Mika smiles and asked.. "How are you?"... we chatted for a bit and my sister got her autograph..:blush-anim-cl:

awww... that's so brilliant!! :wub2::thumb_yello:

Feb 5th, 2008 at the HOB in Chicago.

my friend and i were second row.

during How Much Do You Love Me i was one of the only people (at least around me) that was singing along to it, and when he got to the chorus the first time around (before other people caught on) he looked at me quickly with a sort of "how do you know this?" look because i was singing along.

he did the same thing again during Love Today, because it was the slower version, and i knew it from the Live DVD :D

then the best thing ever! the first time during the whole concert that mika put his hand out to the crowd everyone jumped towards him, and i was pushed back so i couldn't grab his hand. but then while he was doing lollipop, he pulled the guy in front of me onstage, so i pushed right up to the front row. i was absolutely SCREAMING his name, and throwing my hand in the air, and he had heard me, turned around and came right over and held my hand. it was pure bliss.

and then i started crying. :P

awww... that's so brilliant!! :wub2::thumb_yello:

Thanks Avoca.. I know it's the least time I had with Mika, but i think it's the most special. I still can't believe he reopened his car door just for me :blush-anim-cl:

Hi everyone. :wink2:

I was waiting behind grids with a few people since about 1:30 at the end of the concert in Lille (France) when arrived MIKA.

He was very simple, he exchanged friendly words with several fans. However, while he was in the process of signing an autograph for a little girl to my side he looks at me quickly . In my head I prepare to give him my ticket and my name, but now he fixed me just 1 second but I just gave him my ticket and I had my autograph without a word ..... In fact his eyes are so wonderful that I was dumb :blush-anim-cl: .

This rapid exchange will remain engraved in my memory:thumb_yello: