The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

Happy one year anniversary, deb; I feel like a Johnny-come-lately with my April date, but if you knew me before, you would be astounded that I ever HEARD of Mika!

And thanks deb for sorting my avi. How small did you have to make it?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

I hope all our Oldlings are having a great time - I bet Carri is at the front because she's one of those people ~ like blessed ~ for whom things like that turn out well. I have a friend like that. Born under a lucky star maybe. Or maybe she shoved her way to the front :wink2:

Anyway, it sounds as though the show last night was excellent but there was disappointment about after. We are going to have to be very realistic or face disappointment.

Still I'm mega excited about Thursday :)

Hi Ruth!

Yes, Carri and Sarahlou are front row. :thumb_yello:

Jeez I just hope I'm better by Thursday....

I hope you are better too.

This winter I have found ginger beer to be the answer!

I'm actually a bit nervous about Thursday - if anything goes wrong I might cry. What a baby!

Hi and bye oldlings.

I won't be on for a few days now (off to Hungary tomorrow)

I hope that all of you who are going to see him later on in the week have a brilliant time.:thumb_yello:

MM

x

Have a great trip! Hungary is one of the loviest countries I've ever been, so beautiful.

I haven't been to the oldlings much lately and this is the second time recently where I've suddenly become aware that the Oldlings isn't showing up in "recently updated" thing in subscribed threads and since I know it's not for lack of talking on this thread, so i can only presume it's cos a new part has opened which I'm not subscribed to. And low and behold it has.... and you're already 212 pages in!

Have a wonderful time Martine. Be strong and have a great time in Hungary. xx

I am not going to Hungary, MikaMad is. :naughty: Would love to go with her though.

I haven't been to the oldlings much lately and this is the second time recently where I've suddenly become aware that the Oldlings isn't showing up in "recently updated" thing in subscribed threads and since I know it's not for lack of talking on this thread, so i can only presume it's cos a new part has opened which I'm not subscribed to. And low and behold it has.... and you're already 212 pages in!

We are fast! Wait till they're all back from London. We will have to open another thread very soon. :naughty: Hi Chickadee!

it was probably all the preshow chat. I know there was a separate thread for organising what everyone was doing but it had to have spilled into here. And yep, it does look like it will be a new thread soon. One of these days i'm just gonna miss one completely. You'll all be from 11 onto 13 and I'll be like "Hey, what happened to part 12?" "oh CD, you missed it, you weren't here for 5 days..." lol!

I am not going to Hungary, MikaMad is. :naughty: Would love to go with her though.

We are fast! Wait till they're all back from London. We will have to open another thread very soon. :naughty: Hi Chickadee!

Hi Martine! I don't know that we've ever chatted before... although have seen you round.

So I'm back from watching Marie Antoinette - which is great - recommended.

It's tricky with these gigs, Monday he disappoints but tonight it's backstage passes? Well done Wendi and Kath.

Oh I'm so nervous about Thursday. Expect nothing, Ruth, nothing.....

HELLO EVERYONE! :)

HOPE ALL ALL IN UK AND SCOTLAND ARE OK!!!!

***LOTS OF HUGS!*****

i have awesome news! I wrote two new pieces! woow! one is piano improv and the other techno!

I am so excited! I am writing again like crazy after going to MIKA's concert !

wooooW!

HELLO EVERYONE! :)

HOPE ALL ALL IN UK AND SCOTLAND ARE OK!!!!

***LOTS OF HUGS!*****

i have awesome news! I wrote two new pieces! woow! one is piano improv and the other techno!

I am so excited! I am writing again like crazy after going to MIKA's concert !

wooooW!

Mika as a source of inspiration! Good for you:thumb_yello:

Mika as a source of inspiration! Good for you:thumb_yello:

you see MIKA and I write the same style of music and we write the same way.He is the only other person I know who writes the same way I do. I have dyslexia with music too to a degree. The piece I just wrote tonight ( took me about 2 hours) is in thanks of me meeting MIKA and the spiritual awakening I had on the 15th. I don't want to sound strange but I feel MIKA is my anima to my animus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_(Jung) -not romantic in any way but the male equal of myself ( not to sound selfish) so I had to meet him.

He and I are singers, pianists, composers. I don't drive and I don't own a car and neither does he. I was bullied when I was young because I was chubby.

I started studying music the same time he did..I wrote my first song when I was about 12 after watching a show on TV. We have similar voices ( his voice sometimes cracks -its cute!)

its remarkable...so now I feel if I never meet him again, that's ok, because what I felt I had to do ..it was completed...:wub2: :wub2:

OMG what a night that was! 5.2 earthquake. No damage or breakages here, but talk about frightening.

I was just dropping off after trying to get warmed up with the electric blanket and the whole house shook. It was like being on a side to side fairground ride. Rumbling and shaking was terrible for 10 seconds which seemed like a lifetime........

(Market Rasen, was the epicentre apparently and that's 20 mins from Lincoln)

OMG what a night that was! 5.2 earthquake. No damage or breakages here, but talk about frightening.

I was just dropping off after trying to get warmed up with the electric blanket and the whole house shook. It was like being on a side to side fairground ride. Rumbling and shaking was terrible for 10 seconds which seemed like a lifetime........

Helloooo helloooo!!!

OMG, Shari!

Haven't read back, but wanted to see how you were -- I remembered you

were in Lincoln! How very very scary! So happy to hear you're OK! :huglove:

dcdeb