2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh - the queing up thing,basically he made us all go to one side

then MIka came out only he didn't sign anything

he took a few peoples presents and talked

then he said he would go home and go to bed

Hey, that sounds like what transpired in Toronto - I wonder (hope not) if it's his health again....the pressure is on to stay well to perform at the next concerts isn't it? Then he can rest and recuperate after a long haul.:thumb_yello:

the first day he managed to slide them over the brace (AWWWWx10!!)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/l_82efe9f4b2133c8ebaaf80ba1ae32154.jpg

and the second he took them off. At the brits (i didn't get a great look, but i think) he wore knockoffs like the ones he added to mine at the grammys lol. I like to think that i was the inspiration though:naughty: :wink2::wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Your photo...verrrrrry nice, uh, the bracelets that is :blush-anim-cl:

does john act different overseas? everyone thought he was so nice on this side of the bond

He was grumpy at Manchester. Maybe England doesn't agree with him. Or maybe he just has off days like everyone!

Thanks for the synopsis reports ppl, I'm off to beddy byes now.

does john act different overseas? everyone thought he was so nice on this side of the bond

Is John the one who comes outside just before Mika and lays down the rules of engagement.... no one is to cross this line, he won't sign anything or do individual photos, etc......? If so, he was a tad testy in Toronto. And we were on our best behaviour cuz we were afraid he'd cut it short if we weren't. :sneaky2:

the first day he managed to slide them over the brace (AWWWWx10!!)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/l_82efe9f4b2133c8ebaaf80ba1ae32154.jpg

and the second he took them off. At the brits (i didn't get a great look, but i think) he wore knockoffs like the ones he added to mine at the grammys lol. I like to think that i was the inspiration though

Awww that's really sweet! :wub2:

Though I can't believe I've missed the whole handbrace thing..!

Ah, so the ones at the grammys were not only yours? And the brit ones are not yours then? I see now that they are a bit different.

(And I see that I've been missing out on quite a lot of details lately.. :blink: I've been slacking off :naughty:)

Btw, I don't know if I've told you but I really like those bracelets! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

post-4015-142983675292_thumb.jpg

Is John the one who comes outside just before Mika and lays down the rules of engagement.... no one is to cross this line, he won't sign anything or do individual photos, etc......? If so, he was a tad testy in Toronto. And we were on our best behaviour cuz we were afraid he'd cut it short if we weren't. :sneaky2:

i think that's the one lol i didn't stick around after the montreal gig.... i had my son's girlfriend who had to be at school next morning & needed to be home asap... next time

Awww that's really sweet! :wub2:

Though I can't believe I've missed the whole handbrace thing..!

Ah, so the ones at the grammys were not only yours? And the brit ones are not yours then? I see now that they are a bit different.

(And I see that I've been missing out on quite a lot of details lately.. :blink: I've been slacking off :naughty:)

Btw, I don't know if I've told you but I really like those bracelets! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Well thank you, i wear my own that are almost the same as his:wink2: Makes meh happy.http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/MyPicture_5.jpg sorry,the only pic i have of them has my face in it... ugh lol.

Hehehehe...and your photo of him in the green jeans there,,,realllly nice, the suspenders that is. :blush-anim-cl: LOL

my desktop screensaver...hehe

Well thank you, i wear my own that are almost the same as his:wink2: Makes meh happy.http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/MyPicture_5.jpg sorry,the only pic i have of them has my face in it... ugh lol.

my desktop screensaver...hehe

yeah, I want to congratulate you again on the bracelets!!!:D They are so cool, and its so amazing knowing that Mika wears them now!!!

For those asking...this is John (Mika's tour manager).

john.jpg

My first encounter with him in Chicago was not as postive as my next few meetings with him in London (where he was very instrumental in helping ensure I was able to give Mika the Yearbook) and very gracious at the last Hammersmith cancellation. He recognized me in Toronto which perhaps helped him carry a positive demeanor (plus the fact that I was carrying Mikey Choi's birthday gift and Luke's gift too).

I suppose everyone has their days...we don't know if there was a situation we haven't heard of yet that might have caused him to be less friendly. :blink:

Looks great! :punk: And what do you mean ugh? You're so pretty!!

Thanks for the reports so far people!

HEY GUYS! Sorry this is probably going to be in parts.

so, we left the house at about 1:10pm and got to hammersmith between half two-three. The weather was a bit nippy, but not freezing. Until 10 minutes later -_-

anyway, so I chatted to Rose quite a lot and met a fair few MFCers (I cant name you all, im so sorry!) and then Vix and Viv arrived. Omg it was hilarious. We just had random, funny conversations. I was having a great time, and my dad went off to a Café. We were singing Mika songs good and loud (okay, maybe not good) and I got recordings of it. Andy came out and filmed us, including Holy Johnny!

So, a few hours later, Danika arrived with Yasmine's gift book. It still wasnt finished so I helped her stick a few bits in (OMG i had to climb over the banister and because I'm so short it was very degrading...)

part 2 coming up...

For those asking...this is John (Mika's tour manager).

john.jpg

My first encounter with him in Chicago was not as postive as my next few meetings with him in London (where he was very instrumental in helping ensure I was able to give Mika the Yearbook) and very gracious at the last Hammersmith cancellation. He recognized me in Toronto which perhaps helped him carry a positive demeanor (plus the fact that I was carrying Mikey Choi's birthday gift and Luke's gift too).

I suppose everyone has their days...we don't know if there was a situation we haven't heard of yet that might have caused him to be less friendly. :blink:

that's true... we only see what we are meant to see lol

A report -- second-hand, but still...

Rose called me about a half hour ago and said the show was

brilliant. Let's see what else I can remember...

She said Mika and Cherisse were on fire during Love Today

She also said she could hear me through the phone singing along to Stuck in the Middle...

How embarrassing! :blush-anim-cl:

Mika's hair was natural, not tight curls, and looked lovely :wub2:

Afterwards, she said that the queue was all mucked up -- that John had

them stand a particular way, but then when Mika came out and people

started to go up to him, John got nasty and said they were doing it

wrong, and if they didn't queue properly then Mika would leave straight

away. :blink: So as a result, Rose didn't get close enough to him

to ask him her random question of the night.

She did get to speak to Mika's mum, though. :thumb_yello:

As for Andy... well, Rose thinks he was avoiding the Valentine question,

but she has sorted out the mystery of the missing penguins...

but I'll let her tell you about that :naughty:

She will probably be on later tonight to post something... but she said it

might be quite a bit later, as she's working on the flag for tomorrow.

:)

dcdeb

I would cry! AND THAN BAT MY EYE LASHES AT JOHN...

That's like dangling a lollipop in front of a kid who's never had one but always wanted one... and than saying that because the others didn't play a nice game of duck duck goose no one would have the chance to break the pinata:sneaky2:

anyway, I finally got my leg over.

Even though I was number 53, I stayed put at the front oft he queue. I know it's wrong, but i'm VERY SHORT, and the queue was humungous now and there was loads of squishing and being squashed, so I couldnt have made it back anyway. By this time my dad had joined the queue. I was with Laura, Danika, Jennie, Danika's friend, Cynthia and Christine. I saw Kata and Bab arrived who was treated like a celebrity.

The gift book was as done as can be (OMFG ITS EFFIN AMAZING) and we went to a security guy, who got it delivered in the building. We couldnt deliver it to her personally because she was picking costumes.

Andy came and we asked him if Yasmine got it, but in short, he had no clue lol.

Anyway, so he started interviewing Cynthia Mulat and I went to talk to him about me being a competition winner back in May because i desperately wanted Mika to know who i was, but halfway through andy just went and left! I WAS SO PEEVED BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY RUDE! I said to him in a jokey way "hey, you gotta come back and record this!" but he just went inside and i was like :shocked:

part 3 arriving shortly...

...and than saying that because the others didn't play a nice game of duck duck goose no one would have the chance to break the pinata:sneaky2:

Oh Melanie! You just gave me a funny visual of "Mika -the Pinata". :roftl:

So, we were finally let in and people were running everywhere, with the workers yelling "don't run!"

anyway, i found some mfcers and placed myself next to Christine. I WAS RIGHT AT THE FRONT!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

Some girls were pushing next to my dad which annoyed him ALL NIGHT.

Palladium were bloody amazing! i was pleasantly surprised, and their manager smelled nice and is super cute :wub2:

and anyway, after that....just another fifteen minutes and it was MIKA TIME...

...and I went to talk to him about me being a competition winner back in May because i desperately wanted Mika to know who i was, but halfway through andy just went and left! I WAS SO PEEVED BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY RUDE! I said to him in a jokey way "hey, you gotta come back and record this!" but he just went inside and i was like :shocked:

:blink:Oh no. Sorry to hear that... :boxed:

anyway, I finally got my leg over.

Even though I was number 53, I stayed put at the front oft he queue. I know it's wrong, but i'm VERY SHORT, and the queue was humungous now and there was loads of squishing and being squashed, so I couldnt have made it back anyway. By this time my dad had joined the queue. I was with Laura, Danika, Jennie, Danika's friend, Cynthia and Christine. I saw Kata and Bab arrived who was treated like a celebrity.

The gift book was as done as can be (OMFG ITS EFFIN AMAZING) and we went to a security guy, who got it delivered in the building. We couldnt deliver it to her personally because she was picking costumes.

Andy came and we asked him if Yasmine got it, but in short, he had no clue lol.

Anyway, so he started interviewing Cynthia Mulat and I went to talk to him about me being a competition winner back in May because i desperately wanted Mika to know who i was, but halfway through andy just went and left! I WAS SO PEEVED BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY RUDE! I said to him in a jokey way "hey, you gotta come back and record this!" but he just went inside and i was like :shocked:

ewwww, sounds like he was a snot too :naughty: That wouldn't fly with Chicago's clan, we've got mafia roots :naughty:

hmmmm maybe that's why he never came out to talk to us:shocked:

:roftl: