2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now my question, what competition did CazGirl win? I missed that.

Thanks!:wink2:

It was quite a while ago now -- last March/April --

there was a competition on mika's

myspace page. If you dressed up and sent in your photo or video,

you won tickets to the a gig... Several girls from the MFC

were selected, Caz, xLaurenx... can't remember if anyone else...

dcdeb

Thank you to everybody who posted their accounts of last night's performance. I really appreciate being to enjoy them through you.

Why are some of us "jumping the gun" about the meet and greets ending??

Mika has bronchitis. That does not go away quickly.

The Hammersmith Apollo gig was a gig which had been postponed & I am sure it would be Very important to Mika that he not cancel again or disappoint his fans during the performance.

Mika also has another two gigs - one tonight and one on the 28th that I am sure he is very concerned about.

From Everything I read from the North American Tour Mika sure made himself available for his fans after each concert where he could.

Could his "people," last night, have handled things nicer & better - For Sure!!

Maybe I am being optimistic. I am Very disppointed for the fans that counted on meeting him but why are we jumping to conclusions & pulling them out of "thin air?"

Just my thoughts.

Congratualtions to All of you that were at The Hammersmith Apollo last night!

Jules -- thanks for the fabulous photos! :wub2:

dcdeb

Awww thanks Deb (but I can't take all the credit - as Kev took most of the photos LOL!)

omigodness, what a treat for the morning, thank you so much for the pics- they are incredible! WOW. How did saranayde manage to get on the ground?? lol

Hee hee, not sure, but when the 'animals' came out they didn't have their heads on - and Martin (I think) was wrestling Saranayde on the floor!! :naughty: What was even funnier though was the bows at the end. Saranayde's elephant costume was sliding down over her feet and she very nearly fell on her sexy bottom LOL !!

Oh yes - Blue Eyes - thank you for you wonderful pics!

Thanks for remembering me Suzy :roftl:

Blue eyes, those really are some of the best concert photos I've seen in months--they show so much, and really set the mood! I love them!

--Jack

Thanks Jack your comment means a lot x

Thanks for the pics BE, it's almost like I was there. :mf_rosetinted:

Ha ha - Love you Babs :roftl: :roftl:

Thank you all so much for all the kind comments - my thanks go to loyal hubby - Kev, who never complains about my MIKA obsession, carries my bag at gigs and takes wonderful photos - he's the TOPS !

Jules

xx

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM7Q8kcorSc

it's ok,caz?

so,thanks again blue eyes,those pixs are amazing...and specially the last one,with his smiling and ...my bag!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Oh Caz, I've never seen that before--it's amazing!!! Now I'm really, REALLY sad you didn't get to meet Mika last night. What a great contest entry!!!

here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM7Q8kcorSc

it's ok,caz?

so,thanks again blue eyes,those pixs are amazing...and specially the last one,with his smiling and ...my bag!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Reminds self: must delete the video of me talking about the competition and how badly i want to win.

anyway, thanks everyone for answering the question for me! Yes, I am that crazy nut. Nice to meet you.

I'm uploading vids and pix as we speak. I mean type :mf_rosetinted:

Oh Caz, I've never seen that before--it's amazing!!! Now I'm really, REALLY sad you didn't get to meet Mika last night. What a great contest entry!!!

thankyou!!

You know, I was at work experience today and heard Grace Kelly TWICE and Happy Ending :tears:

i was so happy, cos i was so glad i saw him last night, but it made me a bit sad too.

Ok - will try to write this review now... :boxed:

Am not very good with this, so here goes.

Part One.

Why is it when you have something coming up that's exciting - eating and being able to sleep the night before goes out the window.

Didn't get much sleep Sunday night. Then had to be up at 4.30 for the coach to London.

Got everything ready pretty much the night before, was just a case of putting the gifts in my bag and making sure I had camera's etc with me.

Got to London about 10.00am, not much to report about the journey up. Uneventful, boring national express coach with not many passengers on it. Played Mika on my MP3 Player the whole way to London so was in a very happy mood by the time I got to Victoria.

Now had to traverse stupid underground. Went into Victoria Underground to find they'd moved the stupid ticket office. So unfair, had to go searchin' for it. Wasting Mika queueing time. Damn London transport.

Finally worked out where I needed to go - bought ticket. Stupid inspector tried to sell me a higher priced ticket - cos' he wasn't convinced I was only going to Hammersmith and nowhere else today. Had to explain I was going to a concert and staying in a hotel in HAMMERSMITH and wouldn't be coming back till Tuesday. TWERP :shocked:

Found platform and had to change at Paddington. On way back I realised I didn't need to change at Paddington if I'd got the bloody district line - but nope stupid went on the Hammersmith And City Line. More Mika Queueing time wasted. grrrr :blink:

Finally got to Hammersmith and made my way to the venue, well my hotel first. Was really surprised to see quite alot of people outside already by the time I passed Hammersmith Apollo. This doesn't happen with Franz - there's no queue till at least 5.00 or 6.00pm. Your a hardy bunch.

Checked into hotel and got refreshed and changed, Sorted my bag and munchies out (hadn't eaten anything yet until I got to the venue - am starving).

Joined queue. Ummmm the only thing I will say about me arriving in that queue is how untalkative everyone was to me. I don't know - with the way this forum is, I thought it would be more open. I just felt alittle out of place, everyone knew each other obv and had been to tons of gigs already, and if you weren't known you didn't matter. People kept arriving after me and were being numbered by fellow MFC'ers.

I'd been there about an hour and a half before anyone could be bothered to put a number on my hand to say I'd been there. I had to ask for that myself too, which I found abit hard to do. I don't know, but if we are gonna be Official we're hopefully gonna be having loads of new Mika fans through the years. Just feel you should be abit more welcoming in all aspects is all.

Yo! Kind of a late report, but ah well.

I had uni until 1 o'clock, and then I went back to my flat to get changed into my Dark Lollipop Girl costume as soon as I could. Then I went on my merry way to the tube station, looking forward to the concert, when all of a sudden, the stupid flippin' buckle on my left shoe decided to break off! (Those shoes weren't cheap either! >x( ) Luckily, though, I was still able to walk in it, so I hopped on a train to Hammersmith, and eventually found my way over to the Apollo. I chatted with various MFCers in the line, shared some Pocky with CazGirl, and joined in with the others who were singing various Mika songs, which was fun. :biggrin2:

Eventually, the doors opened, and all the fans stampeded in like raging bulls! I managed to get right near the front, which was cool. Then, after some time, Palladium came on. I must admit, I was expecting them to be just another chartrock band, but I was quite impressed with some of their songs (and I found myself being quite fascinated by the guitarist's hair 8D ).

Then it was time for Mika! Since I haven't been to a Mika concert since the one at Somerset House, there seemed to be a lot of stuff added in that I hadn't seen before, like the 'intro' thing with the angel (I looooved the electronica kind of sound that the accompanying music had in that bit, and thought it was all in all pretty damned amazing), and various little bits that seem to have been changed/added in some of his songs. I thought Mika's voice sounded a bit different to what I was used to at first - it seemed to have a slightly more nasally tone to it - but this was nothing bad. I enjoyed all the extended bits in songs like Stuck in the Middle, as they added some variety to songs I've heard millions of times before. :naughty: However, I had been hoping that Mika would do more new stuff. It was great to hear How Much Do You Love Me, but that was the only new song that he actually did (well, Holy Johnny would sort of count as a new song for me, as I've never bothered downloading it [*gasp!*] so don't know it all that well...). All in all, though, it was a very enjoyable concert. :)

Like everyone else has said, the meet-and-greet thing afterwards was a bit craptastic. I had been unable to give Mika the Japanese koala biscuit things I'd gotten for him at the Somerset House concert, so I got some more of them this time round to give to him. I'm so glad, though, that I hadn't made myself all excited at the prospect of doing this, because the crowd around the car that Mika was in was huge, and I had no chance of getting the slightest bit close to Mika, especially since he took off so quickly. So I was just like, "Oh well," and headed for the tube station. As I was walking through it, I saw a homeless guy, so I gave the biscuits to him.

When I finally got back to my flat, I was so glad to get my shoes off, as the left one had become such a nuisance. I turned on my laptop, put on my Vitas CD that had arrived earlier, lay down and soon fell asleep to the sound of Vitas' lovely countertenoriness. :wub2:

THE END!! :biggrin2:

Wow, I'm gutted for those that didn't get to meet him last night...especially for CAZ...my heart goes out to you. I'm sure that you will get your chance.

As far as the good cop/bad cop, I've been in that position before and trust me, they play this. When I used to do stuff for an 80's band, I was made to play the bad cop. I was in John's position and everybody hated me even though I got my direction from the artist himself. But, that's how it works! It's also PR, I mean, who wants the artist to look bad..this way, he gets to go home and the fans don't have the harsh feelings for him.

But, in all honesty, who doesn't want to go straight home after work? Sometimes we want to hang out; however, sometimes just want to go straight home and veg. Sometimes, we don't even want to talk on the phone and then, there are nights we don't want to get off the phone. So, I'm sure Mika goes through all of this too.

I've only seen the good side of John and Mika...I've been pretty lucky and I'm very, very Thankful for that. They have both been very sweet and congenial when I have met them and spoken to them. Maybe the U.S gigs were different. I don't know...well, I'm rambling.

I hope everyone gets the chance to meet him and get their pic with him. With some fan clubs, you get one meet and greet a year which includes a pic with that artist. Hopefully, when we are officially official, they'll do that for us. :thumb_yello:

omg it took so long to read all this after I went to bed yesterday :wink2:

Thanks for all the reports

I didn't read all post though! But I want to say

------------------------------------------------------------------

to Cazgirl

I'm very very sorry to hear that you didn't meet him.. was the same at my first concert. I loved the concert and I was the ONLY MFC-member there !!!!!! so big chance ... BUT my friends were so afraid of missing the train that I had to leave :tears:

I saw him in Dusseldorf after the gig but he didn't speak because he was ill...

It's **** when you think that you were fans since the very beginning I mean I knew him in octobre 2006 already... and others meet him, get pics and go on stage and know him since he is very famous.. that just feels wrong...

But Caz I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sure that MIKA knows exactly who you are !! I guess everyone on the forums knows your name and how you look ;) and I'm 100% Mika does too !!!!!

so I didn't hear anything about mariposa or cath in the reports so far.. or vanessa

has anybody met them ?

Cath texted me this morning that the gig was amazing but he didn't really say goodbye and just went and that this was a bit disappointing:thumbdown:

So I'm going to the 26 feb thread now... I'm sure they will be in soon....

this is all so fast hihi

Had a wonderful time and will post a proper account of our day and a lot more pics tomorrow (or later today actually)....right now our bed is beckoning I'm afraid, but here are a few pics to whet your appetite

hammersmith007.jpg

:wub2: looovee the tee!

CAZ im so sorry you didnt meet him!:shocked:

After the competition hassell and all the waiting and stuff you deserve to meet him!

Well your not alone... i havnt met him either:thumbdown:

Its just too hard now.

You kinda HAVE met him you nut - HE PULLED YOU UP ON STAAAAAAAAAAGE :shocked::roftl:

er anyway, here are some pix. there's more to come!

DSCF1206-1.jpg

Sparkly1 aka Viv bought Mika a shirt and embroidered fake braces on and it looks awesome! Rose said "do you know if it will fit him?" and viv said "i've got no idea!" and i was like "yeah he'll get what he's given" xDD

DSCF1207.jpg

Viv, wasabi_tea aka Nicki, Rose, Vix

DSCF1208.jpg

Wow, I'm gutted for those that didn't get to meet him last night...especially for CAZ...my heart goes out to you. I'm sure that you will get your chance.

I've only seen the good side of John and Mika...I've been pretty lucky and I'm very, very Thankful for that. They have both been very sweet and congenial when I have met them and spoken to them. Maybe the U.S gigs were different. I don't know...well, I'm rambling.

I hope everyone gets the chance to meet him and get their pic with him. With some fan clubs, you get one meet and greet a year which includes a pic with that artist. Hopefully, when we are officially official, they'll do that for us. :thumb_yello:

thanks. :) I did try and get Andy to record me so i could tell Mika who I was and that i won his competition, but he never recorded me and walked off halfway through my explanation. And John wasn't particularly chatty. I think it was cos me and Vix thought his name was Jerry xD

and the bit about the official fanclub sounds amazing, hope its the same for us!

to Cazgirl

I'm very very sorry to hear that you didn't meet him.. was the same at my first concert. I loved the concert and I was the ONLY MFC-member there !!!!!! so big chance ... BUT my friends were so afraid of missing the train that I had to leave :tears:

I saw him in Dusseldorf after the gig but he didn't speak because he was ill...

It's **** when you think that you were fans since the very beginning I mean I knew him in octobre 2006 already... and others meet him, get pics and go on stage and know him since he is very famous.. that just feels wrong...

But Caz I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sure that MIKA knows exactly who you are !! I guess everyone on the forums knows your name and how you look ;) and I'm 100% Mika does too !!!!!

thanks darlin x

You kinda HAVE met him you nut - HE PULLED YOU UP ON STAAAAAAAAAAGE :shocked:

er anyway, here are some pix. there's more to come!

DSCF1206-1.jpg

Sparkly1 aka Viv bought Mika a shirt and embroidered fake braces on and it looks awesome! Rose said "do you know if it will fit him?" and viv said "i've got no idea!" and i was like "yeah he'll get what he's given" xDD

DSCF1207.jpg

Viv, wasabi_tea aka Nicki, Rose, Vix

DSCF1208.jpg

Noooo...i mean like talking face to face, Not dancing:naughty:

:mf_lustslow: Great Pics... I recognise everyone in them, Wish i were there:)

Caz are you going on the 28th?

Noooo...i mean like talking face to face, Not dancing:naughty:

:mf_lustslow: Great Pics... I recognise everyone in them, Wish i were there:)

Caz are you going on the 28th?

no im not. i thought YOU were coming to HAMMERSMITH, hence why i wanted to the do the powerpuff girls!!! not that it worked anyway. danika lost her outfit so i went out and bought her a new one which she didnt wear cos there was nowhere to get changed and we ended up on opposite sides of the room :sneaky2:

Wow, sounds like they were all in a mood yesterday. :sneaky2: Andy walking off, Mika sick and John with a 'tude. Hmmm....something was NOT right last night.

Yeah, I don't think John likes to be called Jerry. A couple of the girls did this in SLC and he did not like that. :boxed: I've never even seen Jerry. That could be confusing. LOL

Yeah...maybe the mods could help arrange that as official status. If they need help with that, I have experience is that department. LOL :thumb_yello: Running a fan club for years was a tough job...but, rewarding too.

thanks. :) I did try and get Andy to record me so i could tell Mika who I was and that i won his competition, but he never recorded me and walked off halfway through my explanation. And John wasn't particularly chatty. I think it was cos me and Vix thought his name was Jerry xD

and the bit about the official fanclub sounds amazing, hope its the same for us!

thanks darlin x

AAAGGHHH what's up with my face?? :shocked::roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

xDDD

ive got your lollipop in my room lol, i was waving it around during the song lollipop!

Saranayde: (it seemed closer on the actual night, i SWEAR...)

DSCF1218.jpg

a white Mika LOL

DSCF1221.jpg

and this was purely accidental, i swear to God.

DSCF1222.jpg

Viv, Nicki, Rose and me. I look like some evil child catcher saying in an evil witch like voice: "cooomeee to meeee myyyy preeetttyyy...!!" :roftl:

DSCF1209.jpg

Awww thats a nice piccy:biggrin2:

no im not. i thought YOU were coming to HAMMERSMITH, hence why i wanted to the do the powerpuff girls!!! not that it worked anyway. danika lost her outfit so i went out and bought her a new one which she didnt wear cos there was nowhere to get changed and we ended up on opposite sides of the room :sneaky2:

Damn your not!? Arghh.

I WAS...But then i told YOU that i wasnt going to that gig and that i was going to the 28th! :bleh:

Hahaa...Oh well atleast you had a good time.