2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

Yes, but not nearly so long. :thumb_yello:

By the way, about his jacket sleeves... a lot of people have remarked that they seem too short, but I think Mika's doing it on purpose. He seems to be going for a layered look, and I think he likes that the shorter sleeves show off the shirt cuffs.

--Jack

hehe..that reasoning has just made me laugh. Not a bad explaination, I guess, but it just seems to me, that he has the same problem as me. Tailored clothes will never fit me properly as my arms are just way too long. I would of though Mika would have a stylist to ensure his clothes are made-to-measure.

the jacket he wore (silver) for The Brits didn't fit too well, and it wasn't just the sleeves. The area around the shoulders looked alittle off.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww, all these reports are great! :thumb_yello:

Cazgirl - am so chuffed you got in the front row honey - when i think back to Shepherd's Bush...............

Nice one babe! :thumb_yello: Shame about the end bit - am gutted for you all. I missed you all too - was very sad last night.:(:bored::smoke::tears: The time will come again soon though. :thumb_yello: xxx

I would of though Mika would have a stylist to ensure his clothes are made-to-measure.

He does though--his mother is the one who makes the jackets he wears on stage, as well as the glittery-striped trousers.

Which is why I say I think the short sleeves are not an accident. :wink2:

--Jack

Thanks everyone for the reports, sounds like a great concert, and Blue Eyes your pics are amazing, loved the sequence!

As for the failed meet and greet, I'm sorry that it didn't happen, but I think we should forget about meeting him in the future, as he is becoming bigger. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather he'd not meet the fans and get a great concert. After all, people pay for the show inside the venue, after that it's his time. I hope nobody is offended by this, but I think we should concentrate on the gigs so we aren't dissapointed if we don't meet him afterwards.

End of rant.Sorry!:roftl:

Thanks everyone for the reports, sounds like a great concert, and Blue Eyes your pics are amazing, loved the sequence!

As for the failed meet and greet, I'm sorry that it didn't happen, but I think we should forget about meeting him in the future, as he is becoming bigger. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather he'd not meet the fans and get a great concert. After all, people pay for the show inside the venue, after that it's his time. I hope nobody is offended by this, but I think we should concentrate on the gigs so we aren't dissapointed if we don't meet him afterwards.

End of rant.Sorry!:roftl:

I agree with you.... whilst at the same time still cherishing hopes that if/when he comes to Australia he will not be so big here yet that we won't be able to meet him. Hmmm.. conflict between the head and the heart.

I agree with you.... whilst at the same time still cherishing hopes that if/when he comes to Australia he will not be so big here yet that we won't be able to meet him. Hmmm.. conflict between the head and the heart.

I feel the same conflict. But you know what? I think the best way to know an artist is through their work, and Mika's work is displayed on the stage. That's as intimate as you can get, more than a hug an a brief conversation afterwards, as nice as that might be:wink2:

see,just one reason why I'm glad I didn't come :naughty:

i'm not being mean,but in the UK,everything is outta control,u gotta queue for 12 hrs to hopefully get front row

And after the show there are 100 people waiting for him

I can understand why that can become a problem...u can't possibly make evary one of those 100 happy

Tho the meet last night was crappy

I still like the smaller gigs way better ..thus,no Paris :roftl: :roftl:

Yeah, not all the UK though, I think it's mainly London.:boxed:

Oh, and add France to your list: always tons and tons of people waiting, impossible for everybody to see him.. :(

Yeah, not all the UK though, I think it's mainly London.:boxed:

Oh, and add France to your list: always tons and tons of people waiting, impossible for everybody to see him.. :(

i think the same too before!

UK and france are his most popular countries

i think it's easy to meet him relatively if he's going to US ...or HK :roftl: :roftl:

By the Blue Sky, love the pics!

--Jack

Oh yes - Blue Eyes - thank you for you wonderful pics!

How I wish it had been me posting those fabulous pics, but alas I wasn't even on this thread till half an hour ago, and I definitely haven't left Tokyo that I know of in the last couple of days. I only dream......:wub2:

Jules and Kev, I love your pics and reports. And Bab, Rose, and Caz (I know how gutted you feel, took me about a week to recover the first time) and everyone else who wrote in to help ease our desperation. Thankyou!

Where's Christine? I want to hear what she thought!!

:shocked: 10 pages since 8am?? BTW, I hate all of you that have photos; you obviously had a much better place than I did :naughty:

I am absolutely knackered. Got home at 1am and had to get at 7am so I could go to school (I learnt nothing today, except how annoying HMDYLM is to other people, when hummed by me :naughty: )

Yeh I had a feeling it "might" , this time last year he was playing Universities in the UK to 200 people , we were getting handwritten notes after etc as only 10 or so were getting to see him .. now its 100 and increasing , really its too much to handle .. just my opinion

BTW .. all the gigs Ive ever been to Ive never focused on meet and greats .. U2 and all the huge groups never do it ....

So great gig! :punk: , nice pictures :thumb_yello:

i just think because he has always done it, people expect it and feel sad if it doesn't happen. truth is, we shouldn't take it for granted that it is going to happen every time, but feel lucky if it does. i think we are too demanding sometimes... as for john & mika... i think they play good cop, bad cop lol but that's my opinion! ;o) and you are right, no other artist does what he does so...

Great reports from the ones who wer ethere, thank you all for those. Blue eys your pics are great. Nice to know you can get a camera in.

Ice-man...I think I've fathomed out who he is now. I've seen him quite alot and wondered who he was. Never looks happy and has the stare of an ice man for sure.