• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel kind of stupid asking that but...who's andy?:blink:

Andy is the cameraman: ;)

Glasgwo2007206.jpg

Does anybody know which songs did Yelle sing? And how many?

Did she sing "A cause des garcons?" :thumb_yello:

She sings "Je veux te voir", "A cause des garçons". I don't know the other titles and can't tell how many. She sings during 30 mins.

Really glad everyone had a great time and the Meet and Greet was better than monday's.

Just glad I got him to notice me abit yesterday and give him my gifts because right now, if I'd had have to have taken them back home with me, I would be so disappointed now. How long did he stay outside for - does anyone know.

Well least he spoke to me monday night *sigh*

Ok...quick review as I will post indepth ones when I am back from London on Friday!!

Queuing was horrendous, there were not many barriers so about 5pm everyone tried to push in and the who numbers on hand thing went out the window but a few ppl tried to sort it out and we did to some extent but there were still some people (mfcers as well) who pushed in front of ppl who had been waiting in the queue since midday! They know who they are but I am not naming names because I am not making this a personal vendetta against them.

To be honest I felt that Hammersmith on Monday beat Brixton but either way (and other mfcers I have talked to have said this) that Mika seemed to rush through the songs. There was a lot less conversation from him compared to previous gigs and the atmosphere was jus not as energetic as Monday night's gig!

But, it was a good concert overall, Mika seemed to want to get out of there yet again like Monday but he spent a short time doing a few autographs but me and some other mfcers were round the corner a bit so he didn't stop there but just walked to his car (although when he was in the car he did give an autograph for a woman from Malaysia which was sweet! (sorry I cant actually remember your name but I remember u r on the mfc).

But, I and many others are thinking that Thursday will be the one to see, as it is his last tour date for a few months and the last official dodgy holiday tour date, so lets hope he goes out with a bang!

There were of course the odd funny bit, like they got the string quartet on way too early and they were left on for about two songs and then taken off! and he made a mistake during How much do you love me!

Looking forward to Thursday, but also very tired as got back to hotel at 2:30am due to having to take buses because the tube closed early!

See you all Thursday and I will post a detailed report soon!!

Liz xxx :wub2:

Ok...quick review as I will post indepth ones when I am back from London on Friday!!

Queuing was horrendous, there were not many barriers so about 5pm everyone tried to push in and the who numbers on hand thing went out the window but a few ppl tried to sort it out and we did to some extent but there were still some people (mfcers as well) who pushed in front of ppl who had been waiting in the queue since midday! They know who they are but I am not naming names because I am not making this a personal vendetta against them.

To be honest I felt that Hammersmith on Monday beat Brixton but either way (and other mfcers I have talked to have said this) that Mika seemed to rush through the songs. There was a lot less conversation from him compared to previous gigs and the atmosphere was jus not as energetic as Monday night's gig!

But, it was a good concert overall, Mika seemed to want to get out of there yet again like Monday but he spent a short time doing a few autographs but me and some other mfcers were round the corner a bit so he didn't stop there but just walked to his car (although when he was in the car he did give an autograph for a woman from Malaysia which was sweet! (sorry I cant actually remember your name but I remember u r on the mfc).

But, I and many others are thinking that Thursday will be the one to see, as it is his last tour date for a few months and the last official dodgy holiday tour date, so lets hope he goes out with a bang!

There were of course the odd funny bit, like they got the string quartet on way too early and they were left on for about two songs and then taken off! and he made a mistake during How much do you love me!

Looking forward to Thursday, but also very tired as got back to hotel at 2:30am due to having to take buses because the tube closed early!

Thanks for the info, liz. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your report

Im kinding thinking Thursday will be a great one .:thumb_yello:

I'm remembering it all in bits, so forgive me if its not in sync.

Billy Brown

Mika: "Are there any critics in the house?"

We all shouted yesss!

Mika: "Well actually I don't care!"

Ok.... We all laughed at that and my thoughts immediately went to JackViolets post about repeating soundbites etc- his introduction to BB was simply: here's Billy Brown:roftl:

I've just remembered, I so wish I'd filmed it though (hopefully someone has:wink2:)

Love Today

Gray Skelly came out to the front of the stage greeting the audience before going back to Mika and embracing him- after the embrace Gray Skelly pulled away but Mika grabbed him/Her(??) and gave a full bodied kiss, while GS tried to pull away...well as much as you can with a blown up doll that is...at the time it was hilarious, you had to see it though....

Haha, that's priceless!! I really hope someone recorded it!

Every song tonight was amazing, but Lollipop was outstanding for the simpke reason that Jo Whiley and her son were dressed as animals!

For those not in the know, Jo is one of Mikas biggest supporters on R1, it was her house Mika went to for his Live Lounge perfomance before Christmas.

I'm only mentioning this because she is also one of my heros, and I finally got to meet her afterwards, quite by chance in a back alley at the side of the venue. I cannot tell you how happy I was, still chuffed about it now. She was incredibly nice and even said she liked my costume! I was ecstatic, my hero liked my costume! I think I bored everyone ridgid going on about it forr the rest of the night.LOL!

But I don't care, I may not have got to do the random question with Mika, which did tick me off a bit, but at least I talked to Jo, which was amazing.

Did talk quickly to Martin, Sara and Cherisse, who actually approached me while I was chatting to Sara, which surprised me a bit.And had a bit of a conversation with Luke, which is always a pleasure, he is so nice to talk to.

I'm so glad you managed to meet her finally, Rose!!!:thumb_yello:

There is some of Wendy's meeting on video, but I am not sure how much of it came out, we will have to wait and see!

Can't wait to see that! :thumb_yello:

Thanks AMP.... but what does that mean? Is it Happy Birthday in Dutch?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :punk:

Did anyone else notice Andy is stealing Mika's jewellery?

They still have that thing for stolen jewellery.

And his watch looks similar to Mika's blue one....

And the rosary around his neck...:naughty:

I know its OT but the earthquake was strange wher I live which in right in the middle of England! I'd come offline about 12.3 as baby boy was awake so when it shook the house at 1am was just about to get back to sleep.

We're quite far away from Lincoln where the centre of the quake was but by all accounts on the news here today no major injuries.

As I'm always being woken at silly o'clock by my son I just wanted to get back to sleep!

ONE MORE SLEEP TILL MIKA!!!!!!

Andrea x

ok - so we got to Battersea and collected Wendi, Kath & Abby and trollied on to brixton - I had Wendis Blue Badge which I assumed gave me carte Blanche to speed thru town and go thru Red lights!! no?? oh bum!

any way we made it to the academey and drove up the side road to honk the queue and play lollipo loudly from the car cd !

hello all just a quick posty post!!

so sara and I set about 1.30 to go to Battersea to collect Wendi, Kath & Abby, via the post office to collect a parcel of tea bags etc. . . . from the states . . .

ooh gotta go brb :)

Carrie! you can't do that to us! oh, i'm not sure if i ever mentioned it, but I finally worked out who you are in the Big Girl video clip! The version i had off youtube was so crappy that when i enlarged it it was all pixelated. Thank goodness for high quality versions.