REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brixton 1

I couldn't have been left feeling more disappointed with this gig if I had tried.

I turned up to queue at 12 and was already number 56 :( But life's a bitch HOWEVER after turning up fairly upbeat wearing only 3 pairs of tights, chicken pants on the outside, chicken slippers, leg warmers and a t shirt I was HIGHLY unamused when acid dripping from thew room of the Brixton Academy ate through Sparkly1's coat, my tights and my WICKED THE MUSICAL jumper. Bastard scutty place. Also the queue was absolutely stupid. The barriers didn't go all the way down so a **** load of foreign fans were just jumping at the end of the barrier NOT at the end of the queue and pretending they couldn't understand/hear you. The numbers went all topot with about 4 people being number 53 or something daft. With a good number of hours to go nobody could breathe and so it was lerft to Me, Sariflower and Aurelien to sort it with Aurelien's good order and ability to speak multiple language,m Sariflower's organization and my loud mouth :D lol

Had wonderful company in the queue from Mam (Sparkly1) Liz, Barbora, Rose, Some Italian guy I can't remember the name of (sorry) and loads more. I got to know everyone so much better at these London gigs and I've made some decent friends :D from ALL OVER the place lol. Was so nice to meet loads of you.

The gig itself I was very disappointed with tbh, The atmosphere just wasn't THERE. Whether that was the audience or the band or Mika or what, the atmosphere wasn't there at all for me. Once again he seemed to rush through the set, I mean come on he was onto Love Today within the hour :(.

HE did come out breifly but he didn't even see my Chicken outfit *gutted* Andy said “Basically doesn't that make you Mrs Sex” ON CAMERA I was like yeah if you like lol whatever.

Hey Miks lil finga! Where does you siggy come from?

I was wondering that, too! It's so cute! :wub2:

A. Clay, thanks for the link! How sweet that Mika met with those two kids. Gotta love him. (And just wondering but his mother said she wrote to Mika...what is the mailing address??)

Bumblebee, so sorry the gig didn't go well. I've heard conflicting things about the atmosphere of the show, but it does sound like it was rushed. Still, some people said it was WAY better than the night before so *shrugs* it's all a matter of perspective.

So sad about your clothes, too! Why was acid falling from the venue? :blink:

Brixton 1

Also the queue was absolutely stupid. The barriers didn't go all the way down so a **** load of foreign fans were just jumping at the end of the barrier NOT at the end of the queue and pretending they couldn't understand/hear you.

You're generalising it here like ALL foreigners were like that. But the UK fans were just the same. And I kinda think it's offensive to those foreigners like me who stayed in the queue all day long, from half past 8 'till the doors opened and without even leaving to go to the toilet. Also like to comment on another quote of yours:

It didn't help when a load of foreign fans kept shoving into the queue. I mean it pisses me enough when ALL the UK tickets are bought by countries who already have their own gigs but the fact that the majority of the French crowd just refused to queue properly.

So basically, you're telling us non-UKers to not go to a UK gig simply because it's a UK gig and we already had one? Because as an example the Polish girls NEVER had a gig before. I agree the French weren't the most sympathetic people, but why do you have to generalise it like that? We don't buy ALL the UK tickets. There were enough UK people behaving bad too. It actually saddens me that you think this way about us when in fact most of us foreigners behaved well. Maybe you didn't mean it like this but it does feel like you're also attacking the decent people, just because of the fact we're no UKers. And I don't want to fight, just stating how I feel...

ok sorry If I interrupt but I want to mention that awesome guy that's Aurelien:punk:

he improvised himself master of the queue order..{and starter of stage invasions and chorus in the backstage}:naughty:

here's with a friend yelling @ grace kelly

2006376270116969971_rs.jpg

ok sorry If I interrupt but I want to mention that awesome guy that's Aurelien:punk:

he improvised himself master of the queue order..{and starter of stage invasions and chorus in the backstage}:naughty:

here's with a friend yelling @ grace kelly

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/43901/2006376270116969971_rs.jpg[/img]

Well I hate him :thumbdown:

He kept screaming at me while I wasn't able to move an inch :thumbdown:

Well I hate him :thumbdown:

He kept screaming at me while I wasn't able to move an inch :thumbdown:

it wasn't against you I'm sure...just a lil crying for attention

and I recalled it quite amusing...besided I detest queuing and I think it was just for passing the time counting the sheep..almost unuseful:cool:

it wasn't against you I'm sure...just a lil crying for attention

and I recalled it quite amusing...besided I detest queuing and I think it was just for passing the time counting the sheep..almost unuseful:cool:

No It WAS against me believe me I was very close to leaving the queue :thumbdown:

:naughty:

I heard "I'm stuck in the middle" and "relax take it easy" 100 times on the queue ahah

Yeaah but it was I believe an arguement between Aurelien and Liz, something like: "Walk out the door!" "I can't move!" "Just go!" "Getting angry doesn't solve anything" :roftl:

Aurelien, I thought you were a really nice guy, seriously...but we couldn't move an inch....but let's all forget and forgive...it was all the tension that killed us but in the end, we could all get alone:roftl:

Btw...not to suck up or anything, but Aurelien, you do have a good voice...only the last Love Today in the queue was maybe a bit too innappropriate:roftl:

Not saying all, but there were some. But everyone was a bit pushy and annoyed so I'm not blaming anyone:mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

I heard loads of complaints about a girl holding a "Lollipopwhore sitting on 95" sign.

Wonder who she was :sneaky2: :sneaky2: :roftl: