2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Well Nikiblue, i am french and thought that numbering the persons in the queue was a good idea: the first day i got 37 BUT at 17 pm , some people i'had never seen before came .I asked them their number : they obviously didn't have a number and one of them tried to write quickly with her own pen a false number ....So , it's nice to have someone to call each person number by number when the opening doors approachs and make everyone respect the queue, it's my opinion.

On Thirsday, a clever idea was to give a number on the hand + a ticket ( i found it funny but just);

thanks to ev1 who posted vids from the aftershow!! :thumb_yello: I was in the 3rd row at the concert, it was amazing!!! It was my first Mika concert.... all I can say is, wow. This guy is unbelievable............... By far the best concert I've been to, and i 've been to quite a few!! :mf_lustslow::punk: I'll upload pics and vids as soon as I can :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your honesty and sincerity greta. You deserved the wristband, no need to feel guilty hon!

yep..iniatially i was wondering if someone had printed out the list of the people who got the cancelled gigs:mf_rosetinted:

Italy is not as far as South Corea, and unfortunately 2 years ago i didn't know the existence of such amazing people, but still I hoped to show I'll make everything for Mika&the MFC:thumb_yello:

OH MY GOD!!!!!

just got home

huge thanks to Avoca and Rak - Rose for getting me a wrist band for the after party and to JOhn the manager for giving me 3 more for my daughter and friends who were in my car.

amazing gig - then all went to bar after - allband came out and chatted - including Mika - he did a toast to us all and we genrally just chatted and stuff

i am so incredously jelous of you!

i wish i could spend like the day with him! (:

that's so amazing (:

Wow- this has taken me all night to read, but I am glad I did!

I feel really sorry for the people who did (or had the intention of doing) the right thing at the after party- I can understand a group that large being hard to manage but at the same time it must have very frustrating for a lot of people (esp Mika) who see that the good intention turns out to be a bit of a nightmare. I personally believe the party was organised purely to celebrate the tour with those that have followed it for a length of time, not those who have jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks. These long term fans may include people who have not seen a concert before (cause we all know he doesn't do tours to certain places as often as we would like :wink2: ) Perhaps next time it will be organised further in advance and those attending from MFC will be emailed a invitation? One of the perks of being official??

Anyway, I am off to watch all the videos I have skipped over reading these posts and continue to be green with envy that I live on a deserted island too far away from the mother country :mf_rosetinted:

Hey Everybody,

First And Firemost I Would Lke To Thank Rose And Freddie For My Wristband..thankyou Soo Soo Much.

But Like A Lot Of Reports On Here Unfortunately The Meet And Greet Was Really Quite An Embarrassment...even Though Privalaged And Grateful To Be There I Really Did Not Want To Be Associated With The Embarrassing Smothering Of Mika.

He Held A Toast And Made It Clear We Were All There To Have A Drink Enjoy Ourselves And He Will Work The Room And Get To Everybody In Due Course...obviously There Was Going To Be A Scrum To Get His Attention At First But The Sight That I Witnessed Was Really Embarrassing And You Could See The How Uncomfortable Mika Was.

Is Tood Back And Enjoyed The Champers And Mingled With Other Fans And Asumed That Once The Scrum Had Calmed Down That Me And The Other "polite" Fans Would Get There Turn..but No Was Not To Be..the Same Over Enthused Fans Who All Had There Moment Of Glory With Him Refused To Budge And Stayed Glued To His Side To The Point Where I Heard Him Say Ok Guys Gimme 5 Mins I Need A Drink Then I'll Get Back To You So He Turned To Go To The Bar Grabbed A Drink And Turned To Be Faced By The Same Scrum Of Fans Smothering Him And That Is When I Noticed Security Decided To Stay With Him.

This Was The Point I Thought I Am Not Even Going To Attempt To Go Over And Make A Fool Of Myself (i Was Not The Only One In Saying This) So I Grabbed Another Glass Of Champers And Decided That I Was Just Going To Enjoy The Privalidge Of Being There And Enjoy The Up Close View Of A Very Desirable Man...lol

So I Stood Back And Watched And The Same Fans Were Stuck By Him All Night Thankfully Some Of Us Like Rose And Freddy Got There Couple Of Mins With Him But These Are The People That Take Their Couple Of Minutes Then Continue To Work The Room So Others Get A Chance To Have Thiers An Attitude These Certain Hoggers Need To Take On Board.

The Bottom Line Is These Certain Fans Made Mika Feel Smothered And Uncomfortable I Actually Felt Very Sorry For Him Hence Why I Never Went Over Because Maybe This Is What Is Expected When You Are A Desired Male In The Music Industry But At The End Of The Day He Is Only A Human Being Like The Rest Of Us.

I Actuallly Heard Mika Being Pressed By Security To Wrap It Up And For Us To Leave So Give Him His Due He With Stood All The Hysteria And Was Ever The Gentleman.

Anyway Thanks To Alll The Fab People I Met There And I Really Enjoyed Myself But These Certain Fans Did Disappoint And Even Made Some Other Fans Upset By There Pathetic Behaviour And The Sad Thing Is They May Have Ruined It For A Lot Of Other People Too As I Seriously Think Mika Will Think Twice Before Doing This Sort Of Thing Again. (and Credit To The Mfc'ers Because I Think Most Of These Fans Were Not Part Of The Mfc)

Anyway Sorry If You See This As A Rant And See Me As Ungrateful Because I Am Not At All I Was Very Thankful To Be There I Just Hope That If Any Of The "certain" Fans Read This They Will Realise There Actions May Of Affected A Lot Of People

Xx

it wasn't only the backstage thing that leave me:blink:

when Mika and Co. come out after the gigs, the security didn't even tryed to make people stand in a quite ordinate row..I mean, nobody likes to be treated like sheep but sometimes barriers are necessary.. it was better in my country{and that's say all}:rolleyes:

Here you go Christine!! :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

from this part I guessed mika first wanted to meet only the people who followed him "from the very beginning"...

He didn't say "followed" so he may have been talking about the queue. When John arrived Yop and I approached him to discuss the problems with getting inside the venue once the doors opened. The first thing he asked us was what time we arrived in the morning.

If Mika wanted to invite only the people who followed him from the very beginning I'm not sure how he imagined the wristbands would be distributed because standing at the head of the queue and handing them out surely wasn't the way to go.

That would have been something that needed to be organized between Mika's management and MFC and even that would not have been fair because there would have been some other long time fans excluded. There were people there who are not necessarily active members of MFC because they don't speak English very well.

Thanks for posting the video. I was sure that when Mika said there were unfamiliar faces at the party "but that's okay" he was really saying that that's not what he had intended.

sorry to interupt with such an interesting question but if i don't ask it i'll keep being like "not understanding anything" :blink: But was it mika organising an afterparty. And did he choose the people that were invited? Or was it some kind of competition you had to win in order to be invited:blink:

thanks a lot :blush-anim-cl:

it wasn't only the backstage thing that leave me:blink:

when Mika and Co. come out after the gigs, the security didn't even tryed to make people stand in a quiteordinate row..I mean, nobody likes to be treated like sheep but sometimes barriers are necessary.. it was better in my country{and that's say all}:rolleyes:

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY TO THAT IS AND I AM NOT BEING DISRESPECTFUL HERE BUT IT HAS SHED A BAD LIGHT ON THE BRITISH AND THESE "CERTAIN FANS" WERE NOT BRITISH.

INFACT THE MAJORITY OF THE FANS AT THIS AFTERSHOW PARTY WHERE FROM ALLLOVER THE WORLD WHICH IS FAB BECAUSE MIKA HAS SHOWED HE RESPECTS HIS FANS FROM TRAVELLING FROM ALL OVER TO SEE HIM BUT I FEEL A LOT OF PEOPLE MAY TAINT US WITH A BAD NAME BUT ALL I CAN SAY IS THERE WAS ONLY A FEW OF US FROM BRITAIN THERE AND WE WERE THE POLITE ONES

sorry to interupt with such an interesting question but if i don't ask it i'll keep being like "not understanding anything" :blink: But was it mika organising an afterparty. And did he choose the people that were invited? Or was it some kind of competition you had to win in order to be invited:blink:

WHAT IT WAS WAS THAT A LOT OF FANS HAD BEING QUEING FROM ALL KINDS OF HOURS EARLY IN THE MORNING AND IT WAS A THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT THING FOR THE FIRST SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE QUE..BUT THEN MEMBERS OF THE MFC GOT THERE SO SOMETHING GOT ORGANISED FOR THEM TO JOIN IN TOO

I answer with that I have understood: Mika wanted to spend some times with girls he knows more than others or people from MFC that didn't had the opportunity to meet him...then I don't know, maybe someone guessed that the people in the queue at about 4pm were that kind of fans, and the wristbands were handed out:mf_rosetinted:

then other pass had to be given to the persons that really have to be there because the mikster wanted so

Ok, I need to get to bed, but will be quick.

Gig was UNBELIEVABLE!! Soooo amazing!! He was in top form, full of energy, I got a great spot at the front, and the whole vibe was just incredible.

IMO, the best of the week BY VERY FAR. I'm not saying this to upset anyone, but it was really something else.

He was on fire, so were the band, so was the audience, everyone practically sang their lungs out to every song, and they were being quite jokey and stuff.

At one point Mickey stopped Mika in his tracks to offer him some flowers from them all, and it was relally sweet. I have it on video, but I will have to wait a bit to post it.....

Aaaaaanyway he did the usual setlist, but with extra bits of trumpets and the string girls were there again. They were very cute doing a lot of little dances and things like that.

All in all it just felt like one massive party.

Mika said that he'd been waiting to say this: "this is the last gig of a so and so long tour" etc...

Anyway I won't make much sense so I'll probably just skip to a couple of (other) highlights for me.

While we were waiting for the M to come out, I spotted Iceman walk past, so I prodded him and asked him to come over. He did, and I said I hoped he would not take it badly, but we call him Iceman as a joke.

Then HE SMILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have witnesses:naughty: .

He nodded (seriously, the guy doesn's speak!) and I said :"ah, you know then?" to which he nodded again and smiled.

So then I was feeling cheeky and figured that as I was having a "conversation" I may as well ask if I can get a pic with him:roftl: . First he said "no" with his head, but he stayed there and I said "ok, I understand, you're not allowed?" and then he said "ok,ok" and kinda gestured that we could take it.

So we took a couple of pics that haven't turned out very well of me against the barrier and Icey standing there, trying to look mean. It was hilarious.

He really is a bit of a sweetie, no matter what he tries to look like.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway so suddenly at Grace Kelly Mika comes out bouncing in his usual T-shirt and jacket combo...and a couple of seconds later I realise the Tshirt looks familiar...hmmmm......BECAUSE IT'S THE ONE I MADE FOR HIM!!!

I could NOT believe it!!

I gave him that tshirt in November after the Dusseldorf gig and had no idea of whether he'd like it, or even if it would fit!!

So I almost had a heart attack when I saw him wearing it on stage tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it must have been the highlight of the year for me.

I couldn't stop telling everyone: "that's the Tshirt I made him!!!!". So from here I apologise to whoever I may have irritated about it, hehe..

Once the gig was over (with Lollipop and some more stage jumping, followed by a fantastic encore of Relax), we all went into the little bar room and waited for Mika and co while doing our thing.

He came in and started chatting to people; He was in great spirits, all jokey and funny, it was very relaxed and everyone was on top of him:boxed: so it probably got a bit much for him.

Anyway I was dying to ask bnout the Tshirt so I did, I said: "that was my tshirt you were wearing!!" and he said "I really like it, THANK YOU" and leant forward to squeeze my hand.

He said that he wears the tshirt all the time (:shocked:), that he's been wearing it during the US tour, and I said "no way, I don't believe it!" and he said "oh yes, seriously, I do, go ask my mum, she puts me in it".

I honestly don't know if he was getting confused, cause I haven't noticed the shirt. I will now have to check pics of the gigs, sigh!.

Of course at this point I was totally on a cloud, so I decided that I'd ask for a pic cause I never remember or dare to, and he said of course, who's gonna take it, and we took a very nice one.

Ah and speaking of Monday, he actually said himself that at the gig his voice had not been great. He said it himself! I said that I'd thought the same from when he started singing Relax, and I think Queenie was there at that moment saying the same thing to him.

Then off I went to check with his mum:roftl: and had a really lovely chat with her.

She's sooo nice and normal and genuine, so I told her that they are all so nice and talented, etc...and then about the tshirt, and she said "ooooh he really loves that tshirt, he's been wearing it all the time!!".

She thanked me again for making it and said that it "meant a lot" and I thanked her and Mika for liking it, so it was all very soppy.

We chatted a bit more, and then I think that at this point I was getting really silly with all the soppiness that I must have been blurting out because while I was speaking she said "do you mind if I film you while you say this?" :blush-anim-cl:

This was like Andy 2, hahaaaaa, so I tried my best to make sense for her camera and she was happy enough with it I think. Or maybe she'll delete it straight away LOL!!

Anyway this was very long and obviously I've focused on the bits that were most important to me, I'm leaving tons out, but I hope that people don't want to poke their eyes out when they read it.

Just think that I'm incredibly excited about it!! I'll try and elaborate more tomorrow or the day after.

All in all, I also want to thank all the MFC'ers that I've met and spent time with these days. The ones that I knew already, the "new" ones, etc.......It's been incredible spending this time with you guys, and I will look forward to my next MFC meeting.

I love you :wub2: .

sari, isn't there a video on youtube of you giving Mika this t-shirt? I think i remember seeing so give mika a t-shirt handmade but i don'"t know if it is you

Why On Earth Do You Have To Keep Speaking Of Nationalities????

There Are Bad Fans In All Countries.

Signings In England Have Turned Bad Before Just Like Anywhere Else.

I Went To A Uk Gig And The People Who Misbehaved Then Were Not Foreigners.

I Warned You All Three Times Now.

One More Comment On That Nationality Issue And I Start Biting, Ok?

Quite right Niki!!

I just posted in the other thread - everyone from every country just

needs basic respect and manners!! :thumb_yello:

Niki, stop trying to talk in capitals and report to the relax thread,

We cant have our moddies wanting a killing spree also.

Niki, stop trying to talk in capitals and report to the relax thread,

We cant have our moddies wanting a killing spree also.

And why , why should moddies be treated different than other users? :naughty:

If I wanna yell, I yell, at the risk of looking downright stupid when the caps don't show up :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

And why , why should moddies be treated different than other users? :naughty:

If I wanna yell, I yell, at the risk of looking downright stupid when the caps don't show up :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I can yell too:

JE HEBT HET NIVEAU VAN EEN POFFERTJE ZO DONDER MAAR OP OMDAT JE STINKT UIT JE BEK ALS EEN AAP UIT Z'N REET BILNAAD ACROBAAT STRONTKOP

See, we can all yell, its just not going to get anyone anywhere - go to the relax thread! Now!

I can yell too:

JE HEBT HET NIVEAU VAN EEN POFFERTJE ZO DONDER MAAR OP OMDAT JE STINKT UIT JE BEK ALS EEN AAP UIT Z'N REET BILNAAD ACROBAAT STRONTKOP

See, we can all yell, its just not going to get anyone anywhere - go to the relax thread! Now!

You know I can speak dutch, don't you? :naughty:

from this part I guessed mika first wanted to meet only the people who followed him "from the very beginning"...I'm still a bit gutted for what happened,for him and my friends who felt a bit betrayed for the random wristbands distribution..surely I was lucky to get my pass, and i think i somewhat deserved it...besides I was confused, and at one point I thought it was better to give mine to some "since feb2007 fan"...but there was no reason to feel guilty coz it was not my fault.

I'm trying to remember only the happy moments but you can't deny this was a wasted opportunity for eachothers, Mika &the gang and the supposed "less than 70" fans:sad:

I don't know if anyone's already said this because I left this page open about an hour ago and just refreshed it, but I think by the 'very beginning' he meant queueing from the beginning, not fans from the beginning, if you get what I mean?