2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Don't have time to read this entire thread at the moment but I want to clarify since my name was mentioned early on.

This is not about me or anyone else not getting a chance to speak to Mika. It's not about this particular person or that particular person monopolizing Mika's time.

I am disgusted by the fact that dozens of people who were there have no idea how to act like a normal human being just because Mika happens to be in the room.

This party was meant for dedicated fans - i.e. the ones who had been queuing up since the wee hours of the morning for these London gigs and people who have been following him from city to city and country to country over this past year.

As I understand it John made this clear when he came to hand out the wrist bands before a bunch of people who literally had just come in off the street stepped in and grabbed them, necessitating more passes for long time dedicated fans such as Rose.

Mika also indicated as much when he said that he saw a lot of familiar faces but also people he'd never seen before. He added "but that's okay" afterwards but I'm assuming that having people at this party that were not dedicated and involved fans was not exactly what he intended or he wouldn't have brought it up. This was not the place for people to harass Mika for an autograph because this was their first gig and they'd never met him before.

My beef with this whole situation is not that I did not speak to Mika. It is that it was a PARTY and everyone mobbed him like it was an autograph signing session in a back alley somewhere.

This was NOT a signing session, it was a party. Mika made this perfectly clear to everyone in the room. We were all gathered round him naturally because he was making a speech and a toast. When he was finished he asked everyone to go back to talking amongst themselves while he worked the room. In other words, stop crowding around him and act like you normally would at a party.

Obviously this didn't happen and I remember looking at one point and there was no one within 15 feet of the bar because almost the entire room was surrounding Mika so he could not move.

If Mika didn't have time to get to me, I would have no problem with that. But Mika couldn't get to me or anyone else who wasn't shoving their way into the crowd because he couldn't move. Not only did I not speak to Mika, I couldn't even tell you what he was wearing because all I could see all night was the top of his head.

Anyone who thinks we should all be thrilled just to be in the same room with Mika is missing the point. As far as I'm concerned Mika wasn't even in the same room with me. There was just an annoying mob with some curly hair in the middle ruining what had been a perfectly good party until Mika arrived.

I stand back from the stage door signing sessions because they are pointless and pathetic IMO. Mika is someone I care for and respect. I have no interest in shoving pens and flashes in his face all night.

He gave us an extraordinary opportunity to socialize with him as an equal and instead people just poked and prodded him like they always do. Everyone I spoke to said he looked quite annoyed by the end and I believe he left prematurely because it had become so ridiculous. I can't understand why anyone would throw away such an amazing opportunity just to get him to sign a piece of paper or beg for his attention.

If all you want is an autograph then just stand outside the artist entrance and wait for one because that's where he offers them. Leave the rest of us to attend a proper party with Mika so we can just say hi to him and raise the glass of champagne he offered to celebrate this fabulous year. That's what we had been invited there for.

A+:flowers2:

Very well said :thumb_yello:

Don't have time to read this entire thread at the moment but I want to clarify since my name was mentioned early on.

This is not about me or anyone else not getting a chance to speak to Mika. It's not about this particular person or that particular person monopolizing Mika's time.

I am disgusted by the fact that dozens of people who were there have no idea how to act like a normal human being just because Mika happens to be in the room.

This party was meant for dedicated fans - i.e. the ones who had been queuing up since the wee hours of the morning for these London gigs and people who have been following him from city to city and country to country over this past year.

As I understand it John made this clear when he came to hand out the wrist bands before a bunch of people who literally had just come in off the street stepped in and grabbed them, necessitating more passes for long time dedicated fans such as Rose.

Mika also indicated as much when he said that he saw a lot of familiar faces but also people he'd never seen before. He added "but that's okay" afterwards but I'm assuming that having people at this party that were not dedicated and involved fans was not exactly what he intended or he wouldn't have brought it up. This was not the place for people to harass Mika for an autograph because this was their first gig and they'd never met him before.

My beef with this whole situation is not that I did not speak to Mika. It is that it was a PARTY and everyone mobbed him like it was an autograph signing session in a back alley somewhere.

This was NOT a signing session, it was a party. Mika made this perfectly clear to everyone in the room. We were all gathered round him naturally because he was making a speech and a toast. When he was finished he asked everyone to go back to talking amongst themselves while he worked the room. In other words, stop crowding around him and act like you normally would at a party.

Obviously this didn't happen and I remember looking at one point and there was no one within 15 feet of the bar because almost the entire room was surrounding Mika so he could not move.

If Mika didn't have time to get to me, I would have no problem with that. But Mika couldn't get to me or anyone else who wasn't shoving their way into the crowd because he couldn't move. Not only did I not speak to Mika, I couldn't even tell you what he was wearing because all I could see all night was the top of his head.

Anyone who thinks we should all be thrilled just to be in the same room with Mika is missing the point. As far as I'm concerned Mika wasn't even in the same room with me. There was just an annoying mob with some curly hair in the middle ruining what had been a perfectly good party until Mika arrived.

I stand back from the stage door signing sessions because they are pointless and pathetic IMO. Mika is someone I care for and respect. I have no interest in shoving pens and flashes in his face all night.

He gave us an extraordinary opportunity to socialize with him as an equal and instead people just poked and prodded him like they always do. Everyone I spoke to said he looked quite annoyed by the end and I believe he left prematurely because it had become so ridiculous. I can't understand why anyone would throw away such an amazing opportunity just to get him to sign a piece of paper or beg for his attention.

If all you want is an autograph then just stand outside the artist entrance and wait for one because that's where he offers them. Leave the rest of us to attend a proper party with Mika so we can just say hi to him and raise the glass of champagne he offered to celebrate this fabulous year. That's what we had been invited there for.

Hey Christine, I'm glad you have given me.. well us a clearer picture.. when I first found out that they gave away more than a hundred backstage passes/After party passes i thought to myself.. have they gone mad!! and then I thought, maybe they know what they're doing, so i thought it was great!! It is silly not to expect this many ppl to not mob Mika... now that you have said that it was a celebration and a sort of thank you to his loyal fans..then it makes sense... in my opinion, perhaps they should have arranged it better... for one.. i feel that there were too many ppl.. If Mika's intention was to celebrate with the ones he knows and has met and who have travelled around to see him or has seen him several times or etc.. then they should've only invited these ppl.. how?? ... i'm sure they can find a way... secondly, maybe they should have done a briefing and made it clear that it's not a signing.. and tell everyone to enjoy the party.. I know ppl should know that anyway, but as proven, not everyone has the sense to act so.. or perhaps even make a point to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves and not allow the crowd to mob him, a warning or two wouldn't kill if it gets out of hand.... I still think that if they have had arranged it properly and invited those he expects to be there then.. it would've been a great party.. I personally won't be dissapointed if he doesn't come up to chat to me.. I already know how he feels about me :naughty: (He reopened his car door on tuesday just to speak to me :blush-anim-cl: ), but i would be very dissapointed to see that he was not given the slightest chance to be normal amongst us...and be at a personal level.. know what I mean..

AFTER PARTY VIDEOS--

Hahaha! I love the first one--'Where's Cherisse? She's short, I can't find her.' 'Come on, little legs!'

If he can't spot Cherisse and her extra 5 inches of height because of her hair, there's no way he'd have spotted me had I been there :naughty:

oh man.... i read some reports and some about the after party... its kinda crazy and i can totaly imagine it... the way people were all over mika.... :boxed: i remember at the after party on june in LA... i didnt even get close to him... the sec he went into the room he was standing there by a table and couldnt move.... that must suck when u want to enjoy the party :blink:, talk to people and relax...

i wish it wasnt like this, i wish ppl would give him time to walk around...and talk to u all :(

but u guys had an amazing show from what ive heard!:punk:

I am glad to read Christine's perspective on the after party.

It sounds like perhaps Icey could have done a bit more to curb the crowding.

If I had been down there doing the crowding, I don't know how I could have faced coming onto the MFC again. I would be embarrassed that everyone saw me do that. I would imagine I would get a bit of a reputation on MFC.....:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for clearing things up, Christine! :thumb_yello: I loved your post it makes a lot of sense and I totally agree with you.

I didn't get to the afterparty.. but to be honest, after the journey I had to get there, I was just pleased I made the gig:thumb_yello:plus there was a really drunk guy next to us who kept on upsetting people and nearly causing a fight.... so just making it through the gig unscathed was a bonus (except for my poor little tootsies:roftl: ) I wish I could have got to see more of the MFC'rs, but hey... there will be more gigs and more chances to see everyone....MIKA CONVENTION ANYONE?????????????

Anyway, I have ticked off another of my 'to do' list by making it to a gig in London, so I'm a happy bunny!

I have some pics from the gig.. well loads actually, but most aren't that good:naughty: I'm sure there will be a few contributions to babs album:roftl:

DSC02385.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

I just finished reading the whole thread (yes, it took that long to do). There are some very well-written reports, both positive and negative. I'd love to see photos and/or videos of these parts especially:

It was so funny when instead of hugging the Gray Skelly he grabbed its head and snogged it:roftl: That was so unexpected! hehe, Oh and Greay skelly also felt Martin arse which was funny.

Then i thaught it was all over, but a couple of minuits later he came back on and did relax again - Well WE did relax, He let us sing most of it which was funny hearing us getting up to the high notes:naughty:

Mika looked like he found it amusing aswell.

well i am back home !! i left here as miss emma louise hague !! i now return and mrs luke jubby to be !!!!!! i proposed to him and he accepted !!!! (THIS WAS MY DARE PINK) now just got the get on with the plans for the first ever MFC WEDDING :wink2:

They did the shadow play and then Lollipop where Mika pulled Cynthia onto the stage while the security guy tried to hold her back. Aurelian was on the stage like a shot and most of the front row seemed to manage to scramble up and made a line with the strings girls. It was so wild I didn’t even notice the huge inflatable lollipop girl or the two in costume. The place was going mad.

Then Mika said thankyou and goodnight and they went off. But they came back to do Relax as an encore. We were singing it so loudly he let us go all the way through and then restarted so we got twice as much.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos and/or videos. Despite the disappointing aspects it seems like overall it was a wonderful way to wrap up the end of a 17 month long tour. :thumb_yello:

It all just seems slightly surreal to me since we haven't had even a single tour yet. :blink:

Mika also indicated as much when he said that he saw a lot of familiar faces

I've read through this the last couple of days and had many an opinion, but haven't posted until I read this. How naive is Mika (and his management) to think that inviting 150 fans to a 'party' was going to work out??? Did they honestly think that everyone would chill out in groups of friends while Mika worked round the room like a bride at her wedding???????? Obviously people were going to crowd him and hound him til he had to leave.

I'm not judging anyone who did that - because that's life, that's what you do when you are in a room with the object of your desire :naughty: :naughty: Not saying it's right, and it must have been painful for Mika, but he's the one who wanted it to happen....no point in being disappointed with the fans (although I guess we don't know if he actually was).

Reading this thread makes me glad that I'm just a 'regular fan' and not a hardcore MFC-er anymore. It's too tiring.

There were 3 groups of people there. The ones that blatantly ignored Mika's request and just crowded around him immediately and followed him everywhere he went. People like me who refused to approach him until he made his way round and was available. Then the majority who saw that the monopolizers were never going to let him go so they'd better join the crowd and work their way in to take whatever they could get or he was going to leave before they got a chance to talk to him.

Until you eliminate the small group of jackasses who won't give him an inch of breathing room he's always going to find himself in the middle of a mob because even the sensible people find themselves reacting to that and doing whatever is necessary to get a moment of Mika's time.

I still feel like I've committed some evil crime by having my picture taken with Mika since I was part of that 3rd group. :blink:

*wanders off and lets her head hang down in shame*

I'd better do something useful today instead of hanging around here.

I still feel like I've committed some evil crime by having my picture taken with Mika since I was part of that 3rd group. :blink:

noooooooooo.....when we have our time with MIKA in our own special ways and its meaningful and special to ourselves. Do not let anyone make you feel guilty! if you want to talk...PM me.....

morning everyone

i am just uploading my pictures onytop my myspace

i just wanna make some things a bit clearer

i had a fantastic time , i did not meet mika personally either

1. THE QUEUE

i spent much of the trian ride down to london liasing with FD and the venue management at brixton , the raffle tricket system was told to be dumped as it is the house rules that if you leave the line you go to the back ANYONE queue jumping ran the risk of having they ticket voided something i did not want to happen to any of you , however since FD git me drunk at the pub in camdan :wink2: i did not get to the venue at five but i did make sure that people knew what had been said by the venue managemnt , i did not want anyone to not get in !!! i spoke to the poor lad with the raffle ticket book with FD and this was promptly thrown in the bin I WANT TO STRESS THIS WAS FROM BRIXTON MAMAGMENT AND THEY DID SAY THAT YOU RUN THE RISK OF BEING REFUSED ENTRY IF YOU WAS FOUND BY SERCURITY AND THATS A BIG RISK ESP IF YOU HAVE BEEN QUEUING ALL DAY

2. MIKA AND AFTER SHOW PARTY

he did say hang out and party and i will walk the room and get to ALL OF YOU BEFORE I LEAVE. obviosuly this did not happen

what upset me was he asked the crowd if he could have 5 mins to get a qiuck drink he went to the bar got a drink turned round and his face was a bit shocked !!!!

thats the point that upset me

he was shattered and we was very privalaige to be there in the first place !!!

this is my say on the negative side and i will notbe saying anymore xxxx:wink2:

Blue!!!

Don't feel guilty!!! You wanted your photo taken with Mika and you got it, be happy. There will be another time when it won't happen for you and it WILL happen for these other people. That's life!

Be happy xxx

This concert was the most beautiful day of my life!!:blush-anim-cl:

I stayed in the 1st row in the centre but people were pushing and then i was 2nd row !:mf_rosetinted:

Everyone was singing with him and was dancing !It was amazing !!!

I was on stage at Lollipop with other brilliant peeps :shocked: :wub2:One of the security guys has helped me to go on stage cause I hardly made it there :naughty:

I found this vid !i hope it wasn't posted already

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Whalufdko

I agree with Christine, i think mika tried to organize a party but some people didn't listen his request and harassed him for having a photo with him.

Perhaps some of us could have made the policemen , but there were too much noise and excitation.

I am french , was sitting on a table , hoping someone would do something to stop this bad behavior, but i think it was impossible.

It could have been so smart to sit down quietly , by nationality for example (i say that because he asked the question) , and we ALL could have a privilegiate moment with him.

I didn't ask a photo or an autograph because , for me , it's not so important, i am an "oldling" as you say, and i talked with John, his mother and took 2 photos for friends , after they asked to Mika.

That's what i wanted to report, i hope Mika won't be angry or disappointed?

Blue!!!

Don't feel guilty!!! You wanted your photo taken with Mika and you got it, be happy. There will be another time when it won't happen for you and it WILL happen for these other people. That's life!

Be happy xxx

Having a pic with him was not even my goal for that night, like it never is. I found myself standing next to him after his talk with Sariflor (actually I was talking to others, not particularly waiting for him) and let's say I just took my chance this time. Oh well. Why am I defending myself anyway? :sneaky2:

WHAT A CROCK OF ****!

The pushing & shoving, ordering people about, sulking because they missed out on a wrist banned etc & misguidedly full of self importance. What a message to put across! As for the continental fans there...... Your not in your own country now, here in the UK we QUE! [/b][/size][/font]

true, if you go gigs for uk artists when travelling the continent, yes, you'll find people don't queue, but that's fine. but the stupid thing is people put their feet aggressively and sort of touching each others body while being in the crowd. if you stand that close, there are no slots for a good view to the stage!! the more you pushing, squeezing each other, the less you see the live act. in uk, people care more about having fun for themselves, maybe here are too many gigs and concerts going on every day and night !! people all go gigging, you can even get some good performance for free, yeh, a great chance to catch new acts apart from festivals.

and wristband is good, it's your freedom to see all the live performance at a festival. it just goes bad if you see it in the prime of being a massive fan

First things first:

There are better ways to say what you need to say that don't involve snapping. Next time, consider that before clicking "submit".

did i get a result when i said shut up ? yes ! well it worked then !

can i ask what was meant with the wrist bands christine when u say - This party was meant for dedicated fans - i.e. the ones who had been queuing up since the wee hours of the morning for these London gigs and people who have been following him from city to city and country to country over this past year by the way im not looking to cause trouble just to see what is meant by this being said . i was number 67 there was 70 wristbands given out in the begining i think :boxed: this is the first gig ive went to that wasnt inmy home town glasgow + i wasnt there from the wee hours as u can see as i was number 67 . if wrist-band had been keep for the people that do these things uve said i should never had got a band is that right ?

As for the continental fans there...... Your not in your own country now, here in the UK we QUE! Not try side stepping in 20ft down the que! We dont stand with our elbows in the face of others & obscure there view - REPEATEDLY! We dont dance into smaller members of the audience in the hope they move! And thats just pointing out a few...... 28th Feb Brixton - What a disgusting display of so called Mika Fans!

In that case I hope you're not the very annoying person who was standing behind me before the support band played, and then pushed herself into the 2nd row in a sneaky way regardless of the people who were already standing there - and kept pushing. Speaking of polite behaviour.

*hugs Blue*

Don't feel bad...

Having a pic with him was not even my goal for that night, like it never is. I found myself standing next to him after his talk with Sariflor (actually I was talking to others, not particularly waiting for him) and let's say I just took my chance this time. Oh well. Why am I defending myself anyway? :sneaky2:

You were simply taking advantage of the dituation... people can't say they would'nt do the same thing in the same psoition...

I feel the need to say this... I wouldn't have put any writing in bold and size 7if I didn't already know that people forget it... or in the case of my sig, don't look...