2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I have a suggestion (thank you Diana for putting them together)

Although it's not directly linked to the concert or party issues, or to people misbehaving, I think that it indirectly helps to make matters worse. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and perhaps this is something that could be raised to the MM (Mika Management:naughty:).

Many fans are trying to get close to Mika before or after gigs in order to deliver presents or letters/messages of all denominations.

I believe that this is partly happening because there isn't a designated "fan mail" address where people can send gifts, so the only option is to try and catch him on the fly.

The same happens for his myspace: messages are routinely not read, and therefore people think it pointless to even send anything there.

In my modest,:blush-anim-cl: humble opinion, I think that Mika would be doing himself a big favour if he had some monitored (not like his myspace) email and physical address where fans' messages and presents can be sent to.

At this stage, it's obvious that the guy is very popular and people want to give him stuff, and he accepts it...so maybe it should be properly organised?

Once he gets it all, he can then dispose of it as he wishes, but at least it would be clear to people that they don't need to physically tackle the man when they see him:roftl: , to ensure that their present gets to him safely.

:thumb_yello: Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

Not that it will resolve the main problem:wink2: , but it may help a little.

I think its a great idea Sara - in the "olden" days I used to

write to the Bay City Rollers fanclub - and we got newsletters,

and little things through the post. With the internet info can be

posted here - but for gifts - especially for those abroad, who maybe

can not get to a concert, they would be able to pass on their messages

and gifts, and feel more a part of it!! :thumb_yello:

but but but..wouldn't he miss the amaaaaaaazing gifts on his doorstep? :tears: Great idea, think it really could solve some of the issues if there was a place to send our junk, I mean...even I nearly went in to tackle him at Hammersmith, no way he could leave without recieving our craptacular postcard :mf_rosetinted:

Although it's not directly linked to the concert or party issues, or to people misbehaving, I think that it indirectly helps to make matters worse. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and perhaps this is something that could be raised to the MM (Mika Management:naughty:).

Many fans are trying to get close to Mika before or after gigs in order to deliver presents or letters/messages of all denominations.

I believe that this is partly happening because there isn't a designated "fan mail" address where people can send gifts, so the only option is to try and catch him on the fly.

The same happens for his myspace: messages are routinely not read, and therefore people think it pointless to even send anything there.

In my modest,:blush-anim-cl: humble opinion, I think that Mika would be doing himself a big favour if he had some monitored (not like his myspace) email and physical address where fans' messages and presents can be sent to.

At this stage, it's obvious that the guy is very popular and people want to give him stuff, and he accepts it...so maybe it should be properly organised?

Once he gets it all, he can then dispose of it as he wishes, but at least it would be clear to people that they don't need to physically tackle the man when they see him:roftl: , to ensure that their present gets to him safely.

That is a great idea! Really is, I was wondering why they still haven't had a mika fan mail base yet :blink: it would make people feel better knowing mika will definitely get it, and also avoid anything dangerous (i.e. getting stamped on just to give him presents :naughty: ) Someone should point it out to the management when and if possible?

I actually said that to FD when he passed by the Griffin House

How even a POBox or any place where we could sent the stuff, not a personal adress, but a fan mail address???

He said that with the officialty of things in this forum, that could/should be discussed with MM

Isn't the aim of giving him a present (not a mail but a real present) to see him receive it, say thank you and get a smile? I'm sure a fan mail address is a good idea but would it really decrease the amount of people trying to meet Mika after a gig?

but but but..wouldn't he miss the amaaaaaaazing gifts on his doorstep? :tears: Great idea, think it really could solve some of the issues if there was a place to send our junk, I mean...even I nearly went in to tackle him at Hammersmith, no way he could leave without recieving our craptacular postcard :mf_rosetinted:

I will never for the love of me understand what made him say that

:lmao::yikes::doh:

Isn't the aim of giving him a present (not a mail but a real present) to see him receive it, say thank you and get a smile? I'm sure a fan mail address is a good idea but would it really decrease the amount of people trying to meet Mika after a gig?

Well...it would at least decrease it by the number of us who are there to offload junk for others :blink:

I agree with you :thumb_yello:

But I think it's a great idea especially for the letters. So maybe it'll reduce the number of ppl waiting for him...

But I think less ppl may wait for him because from the moment you got your autograph there's no point waiting for him with 100 persons knowing he won't take pictures and chat with everyone but give atographs, and now many ppl have their autograph, don't they?

Well...it would at least decrease it by the number of us who are there to offload junk for others :blink:

Ok, so then there are a few people not there who would probably NOT even try to jump on him. :boxed:

But I think it's a great idea especially for the letters. So maybe it'll reduce the number of ppl waiting for him...

But I think less ppl may wait for him because from the moment you got your autograph there's no point waiting for him with 100 persons knowing he won't take pictures and chat with everyone but give atographs, and now many ppl have their autograph, don't they?

That's the same problem we had at this party-thing. People who GOT their autographs and their photos didn't leave but stayed. As close to him as possible of course. :sneaky2:

I will never for the love of me understand what made him say that

:lmao::yikes::doh:

Well neither will I...and I can only wonder if his family find it amaaaaazing as well :blink: Not that I would ever leave any amazing junk on his doorstep or in other ways directly approach him, but the fact that he had said that kind of crap in public made me initially not even feel bad about running around the area for my own fun....until I remembered he's not the only one living there that is :doh:

Yes and no.

I agree that if you have a present to give, it's nicer to see the reaction of the person, but I think that the time has come for us all to be a bit more realistic about this.

It's become unsustainable as it is, so we may as well look for other possibilities...Reality (IMO) is that, come next tour, things will be even crazier than now, which means that most people who (or if they decide to) wait for Mika may not even see him, or not for long enough for him to see their present and react to it with a smile, etc...

That's just the way it is...So if we proactively try to change it, maybe, MAYBE we can make the numbers of people mobbing him less, and slowly things can get into a bit more of a controlled state.

And remember, sometimes it may be best not to know what his reaction is to your present, because when I gave him the Tshirt in Dusseldorf it was super quick (basically showed it to him, he gave me a thumbs up and the bag was quickly put away so he could move on in the line of people waiting) and I had no clue if he had liked it or not.

The surprise and amazement of seeing him wear it later was SOO incredible, that I would have not traded that for the world:wub2:

Yes and no.

I agree that if you have a present to give, it's nicer to see the reaction of the person, but I think that the time has come for us all to be a bit more realistic about this.

It's become unsustainable as it is, so we may as well look for other possibilities...Reality (IMO) is that, come next tour, things will be even crazier than now, which means that most people who (or if they decide to) wait for Mika may not even see him, or not for long enough for him to see their present and react to it with a smile, etc...

That's just the way it is...So if we proactively try to change it, maybe, MAYBE we can make the numbers of people mobbing him less, and slowly things can get into a bit more of a controlled state.

And remember, sometimes it may be best not to know what his reaction is to your present, because when I gave him the Tshirt in Dusseldorf it was super quick (basically showed it to him, he gave me a thumbs up and the bag was quickly put away so he could move on in the line of people waiting) and I had no clue if he had liked it or not.

The surprise and amazement of seeing him wear it later was SOO incredible, that I would have not traded that for the world:wub2:

Jaja, reibs noch rein :sneaky2::naughty:

Yes, of course you are right (:naughty:) but I'm just thinking about all those people that are not able to think properly, meaning the mobbers (?). Will they give their presents to him like this, without "properly" (...) meeting him? :boxed:

Jaja, reibs noch rein :sneaky2::naughty:

Yes, of course you are right (:naughty:) but I'm just thinking about all those people that are not able to think properly, meaning the mobbers (?). Will they give their presents to him like this, without "properly" (...) meeting him? :boxed:

I don't know, but hopefully it could help a little.And at least make things easier for those who want to give presents but can't personally go there as well...:wink2:

And what on earth makes you think that one autograph could possibly be enough? :mf_rosetinted: It's nice to have one from every gig you know :naughty:

I don't know, but hopefully it could help a little.And at least make things easier for those who want to give presents but can't personally go there as well...:wink2:

Yes, I know what you mean and I totally agree with you! I'm really just thinking of those that .. that kind of people that really freak me out :sneaky2: . I guess you know what I mean. Grrrr.

People could very well leave their presents at the venue before the gig, or give them to the security... Although I think having an official adress to send him stuff might help a bit, I really doubt this would be a real solution.

Like Petra said, the aim of the gifts is for most people to have a chance to see/talk to Mika...

I think a fan mail address would be good because then the less obssessed fans can send him a letter or someting without waiting out the back...also many peple might just want an autograph, so with a fan mial address many celebs send back a signed photo, which maybe Mika could do. If you want to give him a large present then yeh, it is nice to wait out the back, but people who just want to send letters can send them via mail...nice ides sariflor! I have been wondering about it for a while actually.....

Although it's not directly linked to the concert or party issues, or to people misbehaving, I think that it indirectly helps to make matters worse. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and perhaps this is something that could be raised to the MM (Mika Management).

In my modest, humble opinion, I think that Mika would be doing himself a big favour if he had some monitored (not like his myspace) email and physical address where fans' messages and presents can be sent to.

Once he gets it all, he can then dispose of it as he wishes, but at least it would be clear to people that they don't need to physically tackle the man when they see him , to ensure that their present gets to him safely.

Not that it will resolve the main problem , but it may help a little.

VERY good idea IMO, but you know that already :bleh:

Just maybe a bit of a prolem for Kata if she's intending to stick to her chicken soup plan. Hm, well, it could work with packet soup :naughty:

but but but..wouldn't he miss the amaaaaaaazing gifts on his doorstep? Great idea, think it really could solve some of the issues if there was a place to send our junk, I mean...even I nearly went in to tackle him at Hammersmith, no way he could leave without recieving our craptacular postcard :mf_rosetinted:

Yes and it would be much less dangerous. For a split second I really was considering the opportunity to throw my quacking plush duck in his direction at Brixton, but luckily I didn't, thinking that it might have knocked him out and I would have had the mob against me :bleh: I can't run THAT fast.

Not necessarily. I don't need an incredible amount of people forming a crowd or hogging him to not get through. Until now I've been quite comfortable with pestering others to deliver my stuff :blush-anim-cl: It worked out so well - thanks a bazillion times to Sara in first place. And avoca of course, Rose and Bexxy. I'm quite sure I would have failed miserably trying myself, especially at those big MFC get together gigs.

thank you! it was great seeing you in London

:wub2:

I agree with sariflo, for those who like to send gifts and letters it would be a great place for them..

:wink2:

especially those who genuinely want to simply send a gift and nothing else.. it is dignifying.. better than staying outside in the cold for hours not sure if he will pop out from this door or that.... and whether you will be pushed around..

now, whether this will decrease the amount of fans waiting for him... am not so sure..

:roftl:

Mmm, definitely agree with that!!

Yes and it would be much less dangerous. For a split second I really was considering the opportunity to throw my quacking plush duck in his direction at Brixton, but luckily I didn't, thinking that it might have knocked him out and I would have had the mob against me :bleh: I can't run THAT fast.

why oh why, until it isn't Gloomy the killing bear that you throw on stage..even if London was the only venue in which I didn't show my love for shooting plushies in the mikster direction..I was too blow away by the show itself to do anything that wasn't jumping and yelling:naughty:

uh, now I remember..I missed a glove..symbol of challenge:roftl:

why oh why, until it isn't Gloomy the killing bear that you throw on stage..even if London was the only venue in which I didn't show my love for shooting plushies in the mikster direction..I was too blow away by the show itself to do anything that wasn't jumping and yelling:naughty:

uh, now I remember..I missed a glove..symbol of challenge:roftl:

You slapped him with your glove?? :shocked: Sacrilege!! :thumbdown:

VERY good idea IMO, but you know that already :bleh:

Just maybe a bit of a prolem for Kata if she's intending to stick to her chicken soup plan. Hm, well, it could work with packet soup :naughty:

I have actually seen waterproof envelopes :mf_rosetinted: Not sure if they're soup-proof too though :blink:

I should probably not try with canned soup either :boxed: