2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I'm glad someone points that out! :wink2:

Hey people...lets end this discussions...

No-one here owns Mika, and we're just incredibly lucky that he even bothers to have contact with the fans. What other artists do that the way Mika does?

C'mon! :thumbdown: Everyone here wants to talk to Mika, touch him, hug him, give him presents...and only some of us will have the chance to do it...

I haven't...and I don't know if I'll ever even SEE a concert.

But hey, that's the way life is...

We must remember one thing: It's an honour to be a fan of such a sweet and talented guy, and we should be really happy for that! :wub2:

He wouldn't be happy to see this kind of things happening in his OFFICIAL FAN CLUB! :wink2:

Peace!

Mary, this is not particularly directed at you, it's just the random post I quoted - it could have been anyones.

Why do we have to pretend this meet and greet was something it wasn't for some people?

Why do some people always insist on only wanting to hear the good news?

Life isn't like that.

IMO, Mika should be honoured that he has fans like us, who care enough not to look at everything through rose coloured glasses and tell it like it was.

As for him not being happy to see this kind of thing happening on MFC, as far as I am concerned, that's what the MFC is for. It's not for him to read. It's for us to share our experiences.

Guest tell_it_as_it_is

WHAT A CROCK OF ****!

Raffles tickets for que numbers? Numbers 1 - 100ish(you know who you are) Constant musical chairs?? Whinging & whining??? What was the point????

Is this really the behaviour of a mature adult?? I think not! Get the letters MFC after your name & you seem to think you have the right to do as you please!

After travelling for a lengthy period & queing from stupid o'clock like the rest of you i feel qualified to say what a bunch of spoilt children you are! The pushing & shoving, ordering people about, sulking because they missed out on a wrist banned etc & misguidedly full of self importance. What a message to put across! As for the continental fans there...... Your not in your own country now, here in the UK we QUE! Not try side stepping in 20ft down the que! We dont stand with our elbows in the face of others & obscure there view - REPEATEDLY! We dont dance into smaller members of the audience in the hope they move! And thats just pointing out a few...... 28th Feb Brixton - What a disgusting display of so called Mika Fans!

This is so worth posting again...Yop's pic of these 2 lovely people...(ok, so I couldn't help but embellish it a little) :wub2:

rakandandy2.jpg

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh Suzy!!

Love is in the air.......:naughty:

thanks sara for that :thumb_yello: maybe i should let you all know what sort of person im am just incase im ever misunderstood again + so u know im not getting at u - i always admit when im in the wrong , im not a liar , i always speak my mind even if others dont like it , im am also i very open person & yes sara is right no-one has a clue what im saying to them in person :roftl: which sometimes makes me feel very unwanted & ignored = makes me feel very uneasy in approaching them even mika

No thank you, i'm glad that we clarified it!

It was all down to misunderstandings from both sides.

sara your arm-pits ming :roftl:

Hmmm.....your feet stink:sneaky2:

since thats all cleared up ill try & do a wee report cause im knackered & yes no smileys i cant be bothered looking for them :wink2: as most should know by now i wasnt supposed to be going to this gig , it was a last minute thing so i decided to surpized everyone , & boy were they suprized :naughty: but everyone who had met me in glasgow were absolutey brill even sara though she hasnt a scooby what im saying :roftl: mika was fabby ! the cue was fabby ! inside was fan dabby ! it just totally topped all 3 gigs that i went to in my home town glesga (glasgow) i spoke to icy he sort of smiled & sneered at me at once , i spoke to luke (well sort of) i spoke martin he thought i was the woman from ayrshire i said fu*k no im from bearden + i looked at his wife i think her name is rosemary she looked at me funny my reason for this ...... ever since i saw her picture in martins myspace ive always had a funny feeling i know her from somewhere ????? i told cherisse i loved her hair she said something i think it was thank ,now i feel silly again i dont know how to spell her name . as for saranade i never noticed her where i was + fell now sees not so in yer face on the stage so i feel differently about her in a nicer way :thumb_yello: oops i also joked with andy but i think he took me the wrong way :blink: & i spoke to john . i didnt speak to mika but i dont care :naughty: well why should i care i was there for his music not to grope him :blush-anim-cl:

look this was the best mika experience ive ever had without speaking to him which is best as he doesnt understand a word i say then i end up making a complete ass of myself & makes me feel stupid :boxed: but get one thing straight some of these people who mika know by name & face do think they should get special treatment from mika + im certain he knows who i am , i dont see him coming towards me more like *shi*ting himself incase i approach him :roftl: but anyway i dont push in for him to see me & look for that speacial treatment , do u get my point !

Oh Sheena, you make me laugh, you are so down to earth and god knows someone has to be.

I'm the same as you, I'm fairly sure he knows who I am, it's hard to miss me really, :naughty: but would I push and shove to get his attention? Of course not. There are a lot of people who haven't met him, haven't spoken to him, and don't get me wrong, I would take my chances, but I prefer to let him speak to people who haven't yet met him. It doesn't seem to bother a lot of people though.

WHAT A CROCK OF ****!

Raffles tickets for que numbers? Numbers 1 - 100ish(you know who you are) Constant musical chairs?? Whinging & whining??? What was the point????

Is this really the behaviour of a mature adult?? I think not! Get the letters MFC after your name & you seem to think you have the right to do as you please!

After travelling for a lengthy period & queing from stupid o'clock like the rest of you i feel qualified to say what a bunch of spoilt children you are! The pushing & shoving, ordering people about, sulking because they missed out on a wrist banned etc & misguidedly full of self importance. What a message to put across! As for the continental fans there...... Your not in your own country now, here in the UK we QUE! Not try side stepping in 20ft down the que! We dont stand with our elbows in the face of others & obscure there view - REPEATEDLY! We dont dance into smaller members of the audience in the hope they move! And thats just pointing out a few...... 28th Feb Brixton - What a disgusting display of so called Mika Fans!

WELCOME! .... I think...:blink:

Something tells me you might not be a true "first poster". Although your name "tells it as it is" fits your first message very well - it would be a shame if you are already a member who needs a disguise to have to "tell it like it is":naughty:

Thanks fer yer report! Dang, Tried to get your attention by teasing you and no response. So, here's a big, wet sloppy kiss. :huglove: Now, does that get your attention or do I need to grope you? Just made face like Mika..."ooh, that's disgusting. I must really higher my standards." :naughty:

since thats all cleared up ill try & do a wee report cause im knackered & yes no smileys i cant be bothered looking for them :wink2: as most should know by now i wasnt supposed to be going to this gig , it was a last minute thing so i decided to surpized everyone , & boy were they suprized :naughty: but everyone who had met me in glasgow were absolutey brill even sara though she hasnt a scooby what im saying :roftl: mika was fabby ! the cue was fabby ! inside was fan dabby ! it just totally topped all 3 gigs that i went to in my home town glesga (glasgow) i spoke to icy he sort of smiled & sneered at me at once , i spoke to luke (well sort of) i spoke martin he thought i was the woman from ayrshire i said fu*k no im from bearden + i looked at his wife i think her name is rosemary she looked at me funny my reason for this ...... ever since i saw her picture in martins myspace ive always had a funny feeling i know her from somewhere ????? i told cherisse i loved her hair she said something i think it was thank ,now i feel silly again i dont know how to spell her name . as for saranade i never noticed her where i was + fell now sees not so in yer face on the stage so i feel differently about her in a nicer way :thumb_yello: oops i also joked with andy but i think he took me the wrong way :blink: & i spoke to john . i didnt speak to mika but i dont care : well why should i care i was there for his music not to grope him

WELCOME! .... I think...:blink:

Something tells me you might not be a true "first poster". Although your name "tells it as it is" fits your first message very well - it would be a shame if you are already a member who needs a disguise to have to "tell it like it is":naughty:

Inspector Suzeau at work.......

Guest tell_it_as_it_is

Never felt the need to post before! But after thursdays queing performance it had to be said! Everyone is entitled to an opinion & that happens to be mine after being stuck in the middle of it all!

I agree Yop...

People know already that if they have an issue with another person, TAKE IT TO PM...

Just in case people missed it in my sig...

First of all, I don't think we're blind:naughty: ........

Second, this was a "mild" argument, clash of opinions, call it what you will, which we cleared up once we realised that it was just a misunderstanding, but quite frankly I did not think that it was insulting or bad in any way, and it was relevant to the topic being discussed, so I don't see why it had to "go to pm" like you say.

At some point in many threads, people will disagree, and if every differing opinion needs to be taken to pm, then the boards will be empty and you guys will have to give us a much larger mailbox size to accomodate them.

What I'm trying to say is that yes, if people do "have issues with someone" they should sort it out (or not- or rip their eyes out) in private, but when it comes to simply disagreeing like this one needs to see things for what they are, and not get so strict about things.

Are we only allowing sugary posts now then? And if that is the case, who decides where the line is drawn and what constitutes an argument big enough to deserve going to pm?

Mika confusion: It happened to me after SLC and L.A. After you meet with him, you are taken to a different time zone. I didn't go to bed until 5-6am here...I was definitely on London time. It will last a few days and then, normalcy will hit again. :naughty:

Why are all of the UKers up at this ungodly hour anyway? :blink:

Mika confusion: It happened to me after SLC and L.A. After you meet with him, you are taken to a different time zone. I didn't go to bed until 5-6am here...I was definitely on London time. It will last a few days and then, normalcy will hit again. :naughty:

Ha! For me, I've been ill and spent the day in bed, so my sleep pattern is disturbed. Among other things. :naughty:

Thanks fer yer report! Dang, Tried to get your attention by teasing you and no response. So, here's a big, wet sloppy kiss. :huglove: Now, does that get your attention or do I need to grope you? Just made face like Mika..."ooh, that's disgusting. I must really higher my standards." :naughty:

sorry i was just about to quote something then i got a strange pm :boxed: but anyway * sheena pick up her phone hits speed dial on charlie phone number bring ! bring ! & charlie runs for shelter !* :roftl:

So cliche..but, here it goes:

"Ring Ring is that you on the phone..you think you're clever but you never say nothing at all." Like I could understand a word of it anyways. :naughty:

sorry i was just about to quote something then i got a strange pm :boxed: but anyway * sheena pick up her phone hits speed dial on charlie phone number bring ! bring ! & charlie runs for shelter !* :roftl:

First of all, I don't think we're blind:naughty: ........

Second, this was a "mild" argument, clash of opinions, call it what you will, which we cleared up once we realised that it was just a misunderstanding, but quite frankly I did not think that it was insulting or bad in any way, and it was relevant to the topic being discussed, so I don't see why it had to "go to pm" like you say.

At some point in many threads, people will disagree, and if every differing opinion needs to be taken to pm, then the boards will be empty and you guys will have to give us a much larger mailbox size to accomodate them.

What I'm trying to say is that yes, if people do "have issues with someone" they should sort it out (or not- or rip their eyes out) in private, but when it comes to simply disagreeing like this one needs to see things for what they are, and not get so strict about things.

Are we only allowing sugary posts now then? And if that is the case, who decides where the line is drawn and what constitutes an argument big enough to deserve going to pm?

i agree sara :thumb_yello: if it had been left without saying what we did for all to see we dont know who would have been seen as being mis-understood by others , me or you ? my bets would have gone on me :roftl:

So cliche..but, here it goes:

"Ring Ring is that you on the phone..you think you're clever but you never say nothing at all." Like I could understand a word of it anyways. :naughty:

your so funny not ! :roftl:

Damn, and I already made the bets! Sheena, next time will split the bets..okay? Just don't cave in so soon. :naughty: But honestly, I think Sara could take you. :roftl:

I better run out of here fast now. What have I done? Should never get in the middle of things.

i agree sara :thumb_yello: if it had been left without saying what we did for all to see we dont know who would have been seen as being mis-understood by others , me or you ? my bets would have gone on me :roftl:

well why should i care i was there for his music not to grope him :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah yeah...I know your type......I saw you trying to grope John, when Mika was looking the other way:roftl:

Why are all of the UKers up at this ungodly hour anyway? :blink:

I'm actually not sure,cause I slept very little and am knackered!! Will go soon though.

I hope you feel better soon. I also have a very sore throat and headache. In fact why on earth am i still here and not in bed?

WHAT A CROCK OF ****!

Hi,

I don't know who you are or where you were in the queue, but the only thing that we were trying to do on thu was to organise things better than they had been on tuesday, and believe me, they WERE better!

We were trying to keep people from jumping the queue, etc, but of course this can only be achieved to a certain degree, and there will always be cracks in the system.

Which probably don't mean that it's all pointless. The reason for the raffle tickets was that, because it was impossible to know who was there after the first 40 or 50 ppl, we decided to number ourselves according to order of arrival, but on tue we had people putting numbers on their hands to jump the queue.

So to avoid this, we did the tickets.

Everything was done just in the name of fairness, trhying to either avoid or resolve problems.

When people were "ordering ppl about", as far as i know, it was because others were not following the order in the queue or trying to jump it.

Ah, and about the "continental" fans, I think that we've already had this discussion earlier. The queue jumpers and rude ones were both UK and foreign fans, so no need to single the foreigners out. Locals were also to blame.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, good night everyone!

Sleep well.

Oh Sheena, you make me laugh, you are so down to earth and god knows someone has to be.

I'm the same as you, I'm fairly sure he knows who I am, it's hard to miss me really, :naughty: but would I push and shove to get his attention? Of course not. There are a lot of people who haven't met him, haven't spoken to him, and don't get me wrong, I would take my chances, but I prefer to let him speak to people who haven't yet met him. It doesn't seem to bother a lot of people though.

cheers babs i love you 2 :wub2::boxed::naughty: theres always 2 sides of the story & why shouldnt the bad bits come out too ?

your one of the people i really wanted to see again & was sad i never saw in the line as u had work *boo* it should be a rule in work places anyone who has a mika gig on a work day should be given time off that is my way of thinking

well guys im starting to see dots & pink elephants jumping over my screen so i bid u all good night as im very tired after my wee visit to london :thumb_yello: