2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I'm o.k thank you hun - things have just been awful these past couple of months! :blink: I'm alright though, ta babe. xxx :thumb_yello: Miss you.x. And all of my other 'true' MFC'er's. :wink2:

i heard you haven't had it easy. My prayers are with you sweetheart x

My two penn'orth

I'm a bit of a 'look for the silver lining' girl myself. I was NOT going to let anything spoil my day!

So, wrist bands had been handed out for the after-gig champagne reception. It was a lovely idea except that they hadn’t gone to the first by number and many people had just arrived and got one whereas several people notably Rose (Rak1) had missed out. People seemed to be hanging around the stage door to try and get more bands. I went to investigate and Mika arrived to do his sound check! I couldn’t get close – it was 3 or more deep.

Anyway, no more wrist bands materialised and Rose was dreadfully upset. I don’t know where she went but I went back to the queue. Things there had hotted up with people in the 90’s and 100’s aiming to get to the 40’s places!

Aurelian and Vix did a super job of getting rows of similar numbers together and sending others back. Sparkly1 also hoiked a few out of line and sent them back! We were told that no-one could come back to their place if they left but of course people needed the toilet and had to go. It was pretty cold and a long wait. Finally Andy came along the line and I told him that Rose REALLY needed to be sorted out with a wrist band and that I hadn’t got one. He asked where she was but I didn’t know.

And I don’t know quite what happened about it but there were suddenly more armbands and I got one with my name on (Thanks Rose?)

Edit: <I know now, I think because I've read the thread - thanks to Avoca and Allegra>

Then more waiting and finally the doors opened. They only let people in in small batches so there wasn’t any mad behaviour. There was a door for blokes where the few blokes could go and a huge queue for the women who had to have their bags searched. My camera was confiscated AGAIN! like at the Manchester Apollo. My queue was stopped whilst the security woman handed me over to someone else who took me to an office and got me to write my name and phone number. Obviously all I was thinking was that everyone else would be in and I’d be at the back and on my own. But no! I got near the front (about 4 rows back but the floor was sloping so it was a great view) and I was in the middle although we got drifted left a bit.

My feet were killing me after being up all day and we had to stand ages longer till the support band came on. A singer, guitarist, drummer and keyboards who went by the name of RoyWorld. They were probably fine, what do I know (?) but not for me. They only did 30 minutes then it was the long changeover time before Mika but some half decent music to sing along to while we waited. I mostly spent the time sending texts to my family to let them know I had a wristband.

After the concert, I went to the office to get my camera back –< note to self: don’t take it anymore!> - and everyone with wrist bands was let back into the bar area where we had a long wait involving meeting lots of people – bab, Jemma, Sarahlou, Carri Evie and friend and all the people who hadn’t been near me in the concert. Aurelian led the French with rousing singing of Mika songs which were taken up by the Brits. I noticed a door opening and in came Mikey followed by the rest of the band so I went to say hello to Martin and his wife recognised me so I was very pleased.

Mika arrived and was swamped by people. He calmed them down and said how he appreciated all the fans and how well we have supported him: how overwhelmed he was by how far people had travelled and he singled out people who he’s met before saying there were some familiar faces. We were given drinks – champagne /water and toasted each other. He assured us that he wasn’t rushing off and that there would be time for everyone so not to mob him. Then he set about signing, talking and posing for pictures. I skirted around trying to get some shots and waiting till the crowd eased. It didn’t seem to be easing so I went round talking to other people; first Martin who said he remembered me and introduced ‘Bubble’ who does the stage effects – Grey Skelly snow and confetti I think, then I went to speak to Mika’s mum, only to reiterate what others have said about her and her lovely family. She filmed me at very close range! I talked to Yasmine then Luke and his brother (Richard? a fireman - nice but quiet) but not Mikey or Cherisse. Mika’s father was there but I didn’t know till after so didn’t speak. There was also a young lady, Alex, whose position I missed but we talked about how unusual it is to have singers and their fans together like this.

Still the crush round Mika didn’t slacken so I took more photos. Mika by then was looking tired and gestured to Ice Man and John. He started moving away from the bar and said just two more minutes. He stayed longer than that but did not manage to spend time with everyone.

He posed for a big group picture and then left.

Now I know that some were disappointed by not having a moment with Mika, I was too, but I was so aware of the time he had spent and that there were so many of us, he could never have got to everybody: he did his best. Also there have been comments about the French monopolising him so that some of the Brits didn’t get a turn. But I was with a French woman, Em’ and she, like me, did not speak to Mika or get a photo.

And one of the reasons was probably that there were too many wristbands issued, but as someone who didn’t get one first time, I was just hugely, massively pleased to be in there.

So we left and met up outside on the steps at the front of the Academy. One or two girls were crying and others joined in. I think they were over tired and disappointed, but it got quite heated. And, even after all that time, there were fans by the stage door who hadn’t had wrist bands but had waited outside. And Mika, bless him, found time to do some signing for them before he was driven away. And again, allegations were made that the French who had been in the after gig party went to the stage door as well. I don’t know about that.

So I had a great time.

Thanks to Mika and his management setting up something for us as a way of marking the end of the Dodgy holiday 17 month Tour.

How many were lucky enough to go? Well lots of us. How many did not get a moment to imprint ourselves on Mika? Lots of us.

There may never be another chance if he's moving up to stadiums (stadia?)

he is a sweetie !!!!!!

saliflour can u belive my dare !!!!!! can you belive i did it !! i cant

hehehe, I can't!!! So he said yes?

Congratulations on your engagement then:roftl:. Did you take advantage of the fact that he was drunk?:mf_lustslow:

my pictures will be on myspace tommorrow !!!

do not shot the messange but i have be asked by a certain person( not here on the mfc) to put these as a private showing so if you want to see them freind rewuest me i am known as emz

also there will have to be a block on uploadign and @stealing@ ( ihate that word) pictures but if you message me i will be happy to send them you

sorry but a promise is a promise :wink2:

hehehe, I can't!!! So he said yes?

Congratulations on your engagement then:roftl:. Did you take advantage of the fact that he was drunk?:mf_lustslow:

not sure if he wads i got him before the speech !!!

do you know how much alcohol i consumed to do that !!!!

Just spent the past hour reading the entire thread, after an amazing week in London, meeting so many great people (again) and attending 3 amazing gigs. I already started to miss London when I got on the plane this morning. Will be back soon - but for now Real Life needs me for a while. :wink2:

Well I hoped reading this thread would make me feel better. But it didn't. The further I read the more I felt guilty - even silly - for having a pic with Mika and exchanging just a few words with him. Normally I stand at the back, this time I didn't. Sorry for that, sorry for those who didn't get the chance to speak with him. I can only say that I agree with the posts written by Niki and Sariflor - no need for me to repeat their words.

Like I said, I had a great time in London and I will try to remember the positive things - which is not so hard for me because I really had a wonderful time. A huge THANK YOU to anyone who contributed to that! :thumb_yello:

As for my pics: this afternoon I uploaded a few new albums on MySpace - feel free to check them out! :wink2:

Just spent the past hour reading the entire thread, after an amazing week in London, meeting so many great people (again) and attending 3 amazing gigs. I already started to miss London when I got on the plane this morning. Will be back soon - but for now Real Life needs me for a while. :wink2:

Well I hoped reading this thread would make me feel better. But it didn't. The further I read the more I felt guilty - even silly - for having a pic with Mika and exchanging just a few words with him. Normally I stand at the back, this time I didn't. Sorry for that, sorry for those who didn't get the chance to speak with him. I can only say that I agree with the posts written by Niki and Sariflor - no need for me to repeat their words.

Like I said, I had a great time in London and I will try to remember the positive things - which is not so hard for me because I really had a wonderful time. A huge THANK YOU to anyone who contributed to that! :thumb_yello:

As for my pics: this afternoon I uploaded a few new albums on MySpace - feel free to check them out! :wink2:

there's a difference between being casual and obsessive, right? I'm sure that they didnt mean EVERY MFCer that had a pic with him, and i'm pretty sure that it wasn't just a few MFCers that hogged him.

I doubt it was something they did on purpose. They probably just got over excited. I know it's no excuse but it happens, but hopefully there's a learned here. :thumb_yello:

:wub2:

This is my picture that I took at the moment some girls were screeching in the back. This is my favorite picture.London2008415.jpg

God I love that pic. :mf_lustslow:

Don't he look sweet. Thanks so much for posting all the pics and reports.

Will go back and finish reading this thread now - just had to interrupt the flow cos' that pic is awesome...

:wub2:

there's a difference between being casual and obsessive, right? I'm sure that they didnt mean EVERY MFCer that had a pic with him, and i'm pretty sure that it wasn't just a few MFCers that hogged him.

I doubt it was something they did on purpose. They probably just got over excited. I know it's no excuse but it happens, but hopefully there's a learned here. :thumb_yello:

I am just one of those people who starts feeling guilty and silly when she gets something that others don't. I think I better unpack my suitcase and go to bed, thinking back to the fantastic week I had. :thumb_yello:

I am just one of those people who starts feeling guilty and silly when she gets something that others don't. I think I better unpack my suitcase and go to bed, thinking back to the fantastic week I had. :thumb_yello:

exactly :thumb_yello: it's been one hell of a Mika Year hasn't it?

The good and the bad...

Thanks for the good news Carrie! Glad your daughter got her shirt signed! :thumb_yello:

Oh babs....so the list has grown for the unfortunate MFCers who waited patiently and didn't get their turn:

babspanky

Christine

Jemma

Kata

Yop

Laura

Jennie

guapo

Haeschen

and neeve never even got a wristband...(But I think you needed to be the first 70 in line)

:thumbdown:

hi all... didn't quite read everything, of course...

suzy, i'm not part of this list, actually : not saying i got to talk to him but i wasn't actually "waiting patiently for my turn" like you said : i got to talk to him a lot more times than a lot of people here, real conversation, 2 words exchanges, etc. and kinda emptied my stock of silly things to tell him in 10 seconds, and stock of amusement out of those silly sort of conversations :wink2:

there is nothing negative or sarcastic into that, but i would have passed my turn without any problem. not saying i would have ignored him if i had got to exchanges words with him i actually have a question he wouldn't answer to, but simply that i wouldn't have been quite a big part of the goup convesation if he had come to the group i was with at the time i was with them, that's all i mean.

i was actually surrounding cherisse :biggrin2:

anyway : all i have to say is that in my own opinion i'm entitled to have : the champagne was tasting good ! :yay: and free... i got to exchange a few words with cherisse, passing my turn for people who had never met her to get a pic and a smile and a word with her, etc. i did enjoy the evening.

and yes... everything is always turned into such a drama in here... but will you ever get used to it ? not quite sure... you're fans :wink2: nothing ngative, but i'm not quite a "fan" if that means aiming to talk to him even for 2 words and actually crying and ranting about it all night long, and all the day after long because i didn't get to...

i'm not saying it's bad, i'm saying that's not what I do.

This is my picture that I took at the moment some girls were screeching in the back. This is my favorite picture.London2008415.jpg

This is utterly brilliant.

Obviously Mika looks wonderful (Rob says he looks young ! Ah :) )

But all the band are on (What a pity it's the back of Mikey's head)

And I didn't see this in real life!