2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Gah, I have a feeing I'm gonna write a massve report when I only intend it to be short-ish. Never mind though. I'll upload photos tomorrow and post a link. I seem to have quite a lot of the trash can solo, even though my battery was practically dead. This may or may not be related to Mika's lack of shirt, I shan't say.

Anyway, got to Brixton at about 5ish, waited in the queue, did a bit of chatting, got shocked when I looked up at the sky one minute and looked up the next and it was dark. Got inside, went and got a hoody, dumped bags in the cloakroom and went into the venue.

I got fairly close to the front, dead central (although some spanish lads went unde the built in bar that I was leaning on and they were really tall so I was a bit grrr about that) but it wasa pretty goo view. Waited around for Royworld (or whatever they're called), thought they were ok, nothing special, set seemed to go quickly which was a blessing because opening acts that drag out are torture. Waited impatiently to hear the sounds of 9-5 and went absolutely mental when I finally heard it, then Mika came out, yadda yadda yadda, the end.

JOKING.

I'm not gonna go through every song, because I can't be bothered (and I'm sure people have already said much more interesting things than what I've said). I noticed that the setlist was a bit different to before, and it made a nice change. His voice was absolutey spectacular, seriously, it was amazing. He worked the crowd so wonderfully as well. Not even one song in and they were putty in his hands. It was really amazing to be able to appreciate that while you're in there, and realise that you're also in the big mess of putty that he keeps moulding and shaping to his liking.

I didn't manage to catch muh of what he said in between songs, I have terrible hearing when there's background noise, so I guess I'll have to catch up on youtube.

It was really brilliant when Mikey took the mic from Saranayde and did his little "ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mika bit. His face was priceless. I got all emotional (which is amazing because I'm not really one to have feelings...) and it was just amazing. Then they did Happy Ending and that made me even more emotional, which is just plain rude. There were no tears though, I'm not talking that sot of emotional, I'm talking lump in the throat, stomach clenching emotional.

Love Today was fabulous. The drum solo ws so good. Lots of fake jealousy over Cherisse's unrivalled drum talent which was completely adorable, and it was just so SO good.

Lollipop was fantastic. I can't believe BRIXTON let people on stage., BRIXTON, of all places. I was actually astonished. So annoyed though, because I caught a balloon right near the end (because it's a bit cruel to hang onto one while the song's in ful swing) and some bke knocked it out of my hands - I don't know whether on purpose or not, but everyone was laughing at my clenched fists expression of anger. Not proper anger though, cos it is just a balloon, more shock at how someone could be so rude and horrid.

The relax encore was brilliant. I thought it was amazing how when they pulled the plug on his mic the audience started singing for him and peer pressure made them switch it back on.

So yeah, fast forward two hours which consisted of "I'm cold, I'm really annoyed now, I wanna go home, I wanna go to bed" etc etc from m best friend, and Mika came out. He signed my ticket, I asked if he was playing glastonbury and he said "no, not this year" and then gave me back my ticket, I said thanks, smiled ad then moved away and trotted off home as happy as anything.

Didn't even mind the fifty quid cab fare to get back to East London cos all the tube stations were closed. And it's pretty reasonable considering it could have cost twice that, had I gone with a different firm.

So yeah, my face is hurting from smiling (24 hours later), people are sick of me saying "I met Mika this morning" and my ears are still ringing and I've had three hours sleep and a full day of work followed by an evening out so I'm officially wrecked, but I'm still smiling, and will be for good few months yet.

Pictures to come tomorrow. Oh, and a video of Any Other World.

Apologies if this is long and unnecessary, and fogive any typos, my keyboard's acting up.

Great. You are truly a MIKA fan.

Worth 50 quid?

Great. You are truly a MIKA fan.

Worth 50 quid?

Haha, oh yes. Definitely worth fifty quid. And I have to make my best friend a chocolate cake for her troubles but that's not big deal. Besides, it was nice getting delivered to my door rather than having to hop on and off trains and walking for a good few miles in the dark on my own.

I'd choose the trains next time though if they're still running, haha. That fifty quid could be spent on another gig!

ahhhhh the gig was amazing! i had the time of my life there!! however i didn't get to go to the afterparty (although i started queing before 9am) and i didn't get to speak to Mika.. i'm not too bothered because essentially i was there to see Mika perform and I did and i had a great time.. and i also think people need to give him a break.. it was so dramatic that day and i still don't understand why.. people just can't seem to accept the fact that he can't deal with everyone and that it's nto physically possible for him to satisfy everyone's needs or fulfill their dreams.. and live with it..

yes and i love Mika :wub2: :wub2:

You must have gone last night.

People said 'did you see yop?' but I didn't.

Sorry to have missed you!

x

oh i'm sorry too ! we met so many people in the past days, it was simply impossible to remember all the names !! well, i couldn't... i was there, somewhere, maybe not far away from you ! but being there since 5am thanks to my dear roomies ( :wink2: ) might have affected my senses...

maybe we'll have other occasions... and apparently, it seems that i'm not "that mean" :blink: :blink:

:wink2:

"Because in all of the whole human race Mrs. Lovett, there are two kinds of men and only two.

There's the one staying put in his proper place and the one with his foot in the other ones face, look at me Mrs. Lovett look at you"

Sadly these lyrics seem to be a metaphor for the society we live in these days, there are far too many people thinking only about themselves, who are all too happy to step over other people to get what they want. In general it's the people who try to do the right thing that end up missing out. they get upset cos they think they know what they can get for life, but it's nonsense to me. it's much more interesting and exciting to be unsure about the way you are going

i haven't watched the film yet, i think it's bit too gothic for me when i was watching the trailer. yeah, there are far too many people thinking only about themselves, who are all too happy to step over other people to get what they want. but they might actually have no idea what they are getting at all cos they are numb.

i got the brixton tickets all in a rush, but i didn't go with a rush. one gig in tour for me is enough, who wants to pay at the door and see the same thing for several times ?!! but i like Mika a lot and hammy-o is so easy to get to. but i didn't enjoy the one at hammy-o that much. the next day, i was hesitating to go brixton or not, i haven't been to brixton yet though i've read about it. then i went to it, it turned out to be great. then i went to the last one, it was even better. i felt so happy after introducing the band, Mika was introduced by Mikey Choi cos when i was watching brits, everybody else was in darkness. i felt happy when Mika did a slightly different Grace Kelly and relax and i felt even happier that those people came after work all dancing around with their drinks and saying something like 'it was damned good fun, like a disco party !!' when they were leaving.

i don't know what happened at after show party, i didn't even know it exists.i posted here cos the gig one was locked. and i am not sure about the reason people want to have pictures and autographs over and over. i only had picture with Henry, Kai and Blaine when i was in Glasgow. cos i think they are lovely. especially Henry, i lied to him that i flied from HK to here to see them, then he was like ' oh no ' and rushed out to get me lots of stickers and badges and waved to Blaine ' come over, lets have a picture !!' then i laughed and told them i was just on my way visiting a friend in glasgow and have nothing to do in the evening. then we all laughed. i had a picture with Henry again in Brighton at great escape festival cos he recognised me and all kids were like hihi, youyou, let's have a picture together !!! i think Mika tried his best to communicate with fans and it wouldn't be a shame that we didn't take the picture. what makes you feel good is that you catch up the moment with someone you like but not something like having the great honour to have a souvenir with a pop star that everyone knows his name. maybe i am wrong cos i don't really understand what makes people upset most of the times.

Video made from the table top: (it's a bit dark)

th_mika006.jpg

P.s That is not me shouting Essex BTW.

Now I understand the holding his hands over his ears photo LOL(that gorgeous shot that keeps popping up through this thread:mf_lustslow: ) It must have been taken around the 1:55 mark of the vid. Thanks for sharing, Jemma, love it all!!!!:wub2:

maybe people get upset cos they think they know what they are getting. i don't know, for me, it is better to be unsure about the way you are going and life will be so much more interesting and exciting if you don't know what you are getting. like i tried to edit, the forum says no and my last post stayed the same, so i post again

The good and the bad...

Thanks for the good news Carrie! Glad your daughter got her shirt signed! :thumb_yello:

Oh babs....so the list has grown for the unfortunate MFCers who waited patiently and didn't get their turn:

babspanky

Christine

Jemma

Kata

Yop

Laura

Jennie

guapo

Haeschen

and neeve never even got a wristband...(But I think you needed to be the first 70 in line)

:thumbdown:

add me too ! but to be honest i dont care what i did care about was how everyone had left no space for mika to breath , if i had been in his postion i would had a massive panic attack as can get claustraphobic (which i cant spell) & icy was no fu*king help to mika , i think fames gone to icys head thinking he needs a bodyguard too :sneaky2:

Sorry, I thought this was just for after party reviews. But it's the whole night - yes Carrie?

So here goes:

I met other people in the queue: sheena(!) Blue Avoca Allegra Kata Neeve Marilyn and her husband, bettasan, sariflor and eventually Cazgirl, FreddiesDouble and Emmylou but not Shari who sent a text to say she was ill.

[/color][/size]

Awesome report Ruth - thanks!!!!!!

Awww, poor Shari :no:

CazGirl was there?

maybe people get upset cos they think they know what they are getting. i don't know, for me, it is better to be unsure about the way you are going and life will be so much more interesting and exciting if you don't know what you are getting. like i tried to edit, the forum says no and my last post stayed the same, so i post again

Hilarius! :naughty:

add me too ! but to be honest i dont care what i did care about was how everyone had left no space for mika to breath , if i had been in his postion i would had a massive panic attack as can get claustraphobic (which i cant spell) & icy was no fu*king help to mika , i think fames gone to icys head thinking he needs a bodyguard too :sneaky2:

:roftl: :roftl: Icey is losing his icey touch- he even smiled when I chatted to him telling him that we call him Iceman, and he posed for a couple of pics with me LOL!!!

:roftl: :roftl: Icey is losing his icey touch- he even smiled when I chatted to him telling him that we call him Iceman, and he posed for a couple of pics with me LOL!!!

:shocked: :shocked: why have I never seen your signature.... how could I miss that ???? He wore the shirt you gave him in Düsseldorf ???

Wow that's amazing.. when did he wear it ?

So yeah, my face is hurting from smiling (24 hours later), people are sick of me saying "I met Mika this morning" and my ears are still ringing and I've had three hours sleep and a full day of work followed by an evening out so I'm officially wrecked, but I'm still smiling, and will be for good few months yet.

Pictures to come tomorrow. Oh, and a video of Any Other World.

Apologies if this is long and unnecessary, and fogive any typos, my keyboard's acting up.

:biggrin2::):thumb_yello::roftl:

Thanks, Jazzy - so glad you had fun!!!

He's probably hoping for one of your amazing t-shirts, Sara!!!:naughty:

A few things have happened this week and in no way could I say I am unlucky, but for those who followed Mika around the room and stopped him being able to speak to everyone, their stories will be very different from mine, and the people already mentioned who waited their turn which never came. Include in that group Haeschen, Yoppa, Kata and quite a few others.

So, afterparty, sounds great! And it was, I mean how many artists would do this? Kudos to Mika and his management, the idea was fabulous. But some people took more advantage of the situation than others.

Left with a slightly bad taste in my mouth, feeling sorry, especially for the young ones like Jennie and Laura, who have queued all week, been pushed and shoved, robbed of their spots in the queue, and finally, not been able to speak to Mika at the end.

For me, even though the sentiment was spot on, Mika may as well have been in the alley by the back door on his way to his car, it was just like that, but inside.

Sorry!

hi all... didn't quite read everything, of course...

suzy, i'm not part of this list, actually : not saying i got to talk to him but i wasn't actually "waiting patiently for my turn" like you said : i got to talk to him a lot more times than a lot of people here, real conversation, 2 words exchanges, etc. and kinda emptied my stock of silly things to tell him in 10 seconds, and stock of amusement out of those silly sort of conversations :wink2:

Sorry Yop - got the news from babs (see above). But then that's good news then! Glad you enjoyed the evening! :punk:

At least he acknowledged Christine's presence and noticed her there.

Awesome that he singled her out like that.

But I know that not getting to speak with him or anything is still a major bummer.

Well I know that some people who were at the party were really disappointed and there was all this *I want Mika for myself* again... :thumbdown:

But hey people have you ever thought about the ones who can't see him so often.. maybe one or two concerts or none at all... maybe seen him only from far away ... never spoke to him... They're just as big fans as you are and they want to talk to him too ! But they just don't have the chance or time or money for doing all this !

For me it feels wrong when someone tells me that he/she is angry because she couldn't speak enough with Mika ... who was in the same room with him/her... that would already be a WOW :mf_lustslow: for a lot of MFCers..

Maybe the situation there was worse for some people but the situation of the people at home was so much worse I gues :wink2:

So just be happy :thumb_yello: