2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

ok sara i picked u up wrongly & u pick up me up the wrong way which i am big enough to say sorry :boxed:

sorry jack but dont stick your neb in where its not wanted this is a mix up between me n sara not u !

That's bad news folks...

how sad! he gave them the wonderful chance to meet him and they just spoilt it by being rude

I imagine he was very tired after the gig, they should have been more polite!!!

yep, he said: im very tired.

I noticed that before but forgot at all: you came from Costa Rica. Did you go to London especially for Mika?

nop! I would jump off a bridge if I would have came just for that and dont get the pic, lol. But the gig was one of the highlights of my trip, lol :naughty:

Im still trying to get over it, the pic

pheww..just finished reading this hole thread... I hope they are going to post more pics and vids of the show and afterparty..

p.s.: thanks guapo for your wonderful pics!

youre welcome!!

This is my impression of last night..

I'm from California and every time Mika has come to the states I have been out of the country. Finally I had a chance to see him live. I've been in London for 2 months now and came prepared with tickets to see Mika. I never imagined I would actually get to meet him and share champagne with him, his band, and all the fans. I felt incredibly lucky to be there, but at the same time I felt like I didn't belong there in a way. I was standing near the bar where he went to give his toast to everyone (a beautiful moment by the way) people were already trying to get more near to him leaving me practically shoved up against him. He said he was going to work his way around the room aka wanting people to back off a bit. I left the area with Guapo (hey!) and we watched as people were hogging him and never wanted to leave his site. After a while we went back to him to get a picture so that we could leave and have less people there. We asked for one and he said "in a minute" because he needed a bit of a break and went to the bar to get a drink. We left the area again respecting his space. Again we watched the same people trying to get more photos and more of his attention. It was obvious watching him that he really does love talking to his fans, especially the ones he already knew and it was really special watching the fans from the beginning having a great moment with him. I especially loved the moment with Rose..now I didn't meet you, but only know your name because Mika was talking to you. At that moment I had got moved up against him so I figured if I'm already there I should just get a photo and leave. He said he had a few more minutes there which made even more people crowd up(by the way most were the same people that had already talked to him that night) and I again asked for a photo politely and I think he remembered I had asked and waited patiently before and we took one. Guapo tried to get one, but it didn't work. He had already left.

hey Violet!! God ! how much I envy you! lol

Lucky!! I cant believe I took ur pic and I didnt get one..lol. But now Im fine :) But I will always remember that day.. so bittersweet, lol.

definitely, but the "He seemed more devoted to the fans he already knew" does scare me a little, IF it is true. I have been a dovoted member of the fanclub and a devoted fan to Mika for over a year now and i'd like to be one of the recognisable ones lol :blush-anim-cl: but who doesn't, right? I think it's a "selfish" thought that everyone shares. i've just never had a chance to meet him, but one day...ONE DAY...I will pin him down

awww.... that makes me feel good. To know Im not the only one,

What bitter sweet end to the tour. I can only report on my experience, but this is my version of events.

I arrived at the venue at 7pm ish (late as I had to work) and I saw the the MFC'ers at the front. I wasn't allowed to go and say hi which really upset me as I heard from phone reports that a lot of my friends from the forum had received passes and therefore I wouldn't see them after-wards to say goodbye. After the amount of gigs I have been to on this tour you make lasting friendships with people and I was hating the fact that I wouldn't have the opportunity to say goodbye to the friends I had made.

Ok so I was now on the verge of tears and then Rose came running out of the queue. I thought she must be nuts cos the queue was about to go in and she could loose her place that she had queued for hours for. It turned out that some wonderful MFC'ers had managed to wink in the right direction and secured us some wristbands As you can imagine I was over the BLOODY moon. This week I have been really down as these should of been the gigs from before Christmas when i had annual leave to sit in the queue and try my luck at getting to the front. Unfortunately for me I have used all of my holiday time following Mika around Europe so I arrived late for all of the gigs and have been at the back. I suppose I had the blues (or sour grapes if you like).

So bab's, Sarahlou, Carri and her friend (sorry I forgot her name) had a fabby time dancing, singing and moaning LOL It was a great gig, Mika was on top form and we were very excited about the after show party and seeing everyone.

We all descended on the bar, said hello to friends, signed the flag and waited in anticipation for Mika.

Mika, his family and the band entered the room and Mika gave a lovely speech. I was stood on a bench as I am short and I couldn't see him. LOL anyway he thanked us all and said he would get round to everyone.

So we were having a lovely time stalking Luke and his brother as Mika was busy. We had pictures with Cherisse and Mikey (thanks Rose) which was lovely while we were waiting for Mika, he was still busy. We then went and spoke to Mika's mum who was lovely and Mika was still busy so we went and spoke to Yasmine (who was lovely) as her brother was still busy. Martin was on the otherside of the room apparently but we couldn't see him as there was a tall fellow with lots of people around him in the way.

We decided to wait patiently for Mika to come over and he was making his way over but he had a crowd about 4 deep around him so we still waited.

Mika then said he would stay for 2 more minutes and that would be it, we started to panic. I heard voices saying quick we have to say goodbye- these people had already said hello. We didn't get our chance. I was so angry that some people had monopolised Mika for over an hour I stood on the table to try and get a glimpse to say goodbye and even shouted for him to turn around but he was gone. I then burst into tears.

Ok you might think I am selfish that I was lucky enough to be in the same room as Mika and I can see your point if you were not there. But this is how I felt and you can't tell me how I should feel. I actually felt deverstated. Not just for me but for the others who had also waited patiently. A few over excited people IMO ruined what should have been the best night in the world for the MFC.

On the bright side though the band and Mika's family were lovely and it was great seeing the happy smiley faces in that room.The downside was seeing some of those happy smiley faces crying at the end.

I do not blame Mika for being the nice, friendly, well brought up polite person he is. It's just sometimes good things do not always happen to those who

wait.

aww Jemma, I saw u very sad, I wanted to say hi but I thought it wasnt the moment. DOnt worry, I was destroyed too, lol. About to cry. I was my 1st gig and who knows when I will have another because I live so far, so it was frustrating

those are great!!!

they're so clear

Random: what kind of camera do you have?

THank you!! I try my best :) My cam is Lumix Panasonic LX18 or something like that, with 18x zoom (yey!) But I recommend Cannon! lol, I lost one in the airplane when I was comming to London :(

shutup jack !

heres what i said then ill show your reply

Originally Posted by scg View Post

well these well known faces think they own him like grey skelly girl who i did pull up outside as u know already kata as where there ! she said something along the lines like well i did say to mika i know u are too busy to get your photo taken with me "again" !!!!!!!! & u have others to speak to & mika insisted as he knows her no more like your too bloody pushy & he felt he needed

heres your reply

But that has always been the reason why I didn't ask for stuff like that, cause I know that Mika won't say "no", as he's too nice and polite.

Last night was the first time in 12 gigs that I did.

i was talking about pushy people you admitted this was the first time you were pushy so i wasnt the one that said , or im i reading your quote wrongly ?

Ok, I see why you would have thought that I said that, I didn't express it too well.

Still I don't think you should have cursed at me like that:sneaky2: :naughty: .

With that post I meant that last night was the first time that I did proactively ask for stuff.

Not that I pushed!

Usually I just accept that I won't get, or more like I think that he will feel bothered by it but he'll still say yes if I ask ,so I better not ask.

Last night I felt that as he'd just said those things about my tshirt, he wouldn't mind me asking for a pic and so. That's what I meant.

I wouldn't justify the pushing and making him stressed out even if i did it once.

this is a paparazzi pic of rose and andy... they looked so cute i couldn't help myself :naughty: he spend almost 30minute interviewing her, then moved a bit further cause there was too much noise, etc. :wub2:

i took it at the after party so it's on topic, right ? or are we only allowed to rant in there ? :wink2:

img6212ik5.jpg

thanks for posting, paparazzi girl! great shot! :groupwave:

I don't really get the point of this "discussion"...I do believe Sariflor when she says she hasn't pushed in.

Ok, just realised the argument is solved! :yay:

thanks for posting, paparazzi girl! great shot! :groupwave:

I don't really get the point of this "discussion"...I do believe Sariflor when she says she hasn't pushed in.

Ok, just realised the argument is solved! :yay:

Yeah, yay for that!!

Wowowowow. That, folks, was a lot of reading!:roftl:

But oh, so worth it! The pics:AMaZiiinGGG...stories:UnbeliEvabLeee (Thanks for sharing!) my dad has youtube blocked, so I can't go on it on this computer, but OH, I have my ways.:naughty: I WILL see those videos.

Thank you all for sharing your experiencesss tho those of us who were unfortunate to be there.:roftl:

Weeee!!!

ok you pushed in , fu*k i hate reporting on all the bad stuff but i cant help myself , i feel it should be done ! so u pushed in but this was the worst time to do it you could see mika was panicing his neck holding was geting really bad :thumbdown: but anyway its not the pushing in that was my point from the begining was how people where speaking to mika then still crowing him when they should have fu*ked off & gave others the opportunity to have their moment with mika too !

is this where your saying im swearing at you sara ? if so im not if you actually took the time to speak to me or asked other people i have a habit of writing down what i would say normally like here i im saying *fu*ck i hate reporting all the bad stuff*

or if your still think im swearing at u please show me just to prove your point !

Wow, i think this is the longest i have gone (besides when i was in chicago) that i haven't been on the boards! phew.

:wub2:

Alrighty then, I would just like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYBODY who has posted reviews, pics, vids etc. and not just for this concert, but for ALL of the concerts. When your having an off day or what not, its always nice to come home, grab a hot drink and sit on your bum looking at pictures and videos for hours, helps to ease the obsession:wink2: And i know i'm not the only one who feels this way.

This tour has been absolutely breathtakingly wonderful and i'm so glad we have people here who are kind enough to share their experiences and pics and whatnot with the rest of us here- especially because some of us live in places where Mika has never been and are unable to make it to concerts, i know it means a lot to them.

I can't wait to see Mika again i would love to have a chat with him where i don't sound as stupid- now that i know what to expect! Looking forward to his next US tour -and hopefully i can make it to some european ones before i'm there next year spring break!

Thank you again- all of you. Even though we hit quite a few bumps along the way (see- quite a few pages of this thread and the previous one...), we usually manage to work it out between ourselves and focus on the one important thing between all of us- Brittany Spears. (just checking if people actually read this whole thing :naughty: )

xoxoxo to all of you and i hope to see you soon! i'll for SURE be chatting on the boards with all of you because i'm on everyday- if there are any people from michigan here we could meet up- but so far i haven't found any- oh poo.

:punk:

can't you just please cut if off girlies ?! it is NOTHING like something interesting to read for the others, so either you finish it through pm, either you finish it.

and you should finish it if i may... but i know i may not...

is this where your saying im swearing at you sara ? if so im not if you actually took the time to speak to me or asked other people i have a habit of writing down what i would say normally like here i im saying *fu*ck i hate reporting all the bad stuff*

or if your still think im swearing at u please show me just to prove your point !

Hehe, yes, looks like it was not only you getting the posts wrong:roftl: .

Sorry about that, I thought you were saying that to me, and coupled with the pushing "accusation", I saw RED.

Aanyway I have tried to speak to you, but I can't understand a word you say!!:roftl: Didn't you notice in the queue? I can't hold the chat for more than a few minutes cause I end up saying "what?" all the time. You should practise a different accent cause I can't get the Scot:naughty: .

Thank you again- all of you. Even though we hit quite a few bumps along the way, we manage to work it out between ourselves and focus on the one important thing between all of us- Brittany Spears. (just checking if people actually read this whole thing :naughty: )

This cracked me up LOL!!!!!!!

can't you just please cut if off girlies ?! it is NOTHING like something interesting to read for the others, so either you finish it through pm, either you finish it.

this doesnt finish through pm until everyone sees where i was swearing at sara just incase i was misunderstood as someone from here told me tends to happen alot just because i dont use smiley very often :shocked: there was an arguement before between me and someone else on here which was ended through pm which left me looking the guilty one so im not letting happen this time !

Erm....excuse me? :blink::sneaky2: Don't read it then!:naughty:

As if there's not plenty of "uninteresting" things on this forum which are not policed like that!

And this was actually quite relevant to the whole discussion anyway.

We were actually already finished but now only cause you decided to make this comment, I think I will start again.

Scg: your haircut sucks

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Hehe, yes, looks like it was not only you getting the posts wrong:roftl: .

Sorry about that, I thought you were saying that to me, and coupled with the pushing "accusation", I saw RED.

Aanyway I have tried to speak to you, but I can't understand a word you say!!:roftl: Didn't you notice in the queue? I can't hold the chat for more than a few minutes cause I end up saying "what?" all the time. You should practise a different accent cause I can't get the Scot:naughty: .

thanks sara for that :thumb_yello: maybe i should let you all know what sort of person im am just incase im ever misunderstood again + so u know im not getting at u - i always admit when im in the wrong , im not a liar , i always speak my mind even if others dont like it , im am also i very open person & yes sara is right no-one has a clue what im saying to them in person :roftl: which sometimes makes me feel very unwanted & ignored = makes me feel very uneasy in approaching them even mika :blink:

Erm....excuse me? :blink::sneaky2: Don't read it then!:naughty:

As if there's not plenty of "uninteresting" things on this forum which are not policed like that!

And this was actually quite relevant to the whole discussion anyway.

We were actually already finished but now only cause you decided to make this comment, I think I will start again.

Scg: your haircut sucks

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

sara your arm-pits ming :roftl:

Hey Sara, The Scots don't even understand Sheena! OMG...you should try talking to her on the phone!! You think talking to her in person is painful. :naughty: YIKES!!!

Runs out of thread and disconnects phone before Sheena can call. :naughty:

I agree Yop...

People know already that if they have an issue with another person, TAKE IT TO PM...

Just in case people missed it in my sig...

Whatever, she always plays it cool. :mf_rosetinted:

But deep down inside she's the biggest fan evah. I know. She keeps saying she's leaving the MFC, then she comes back. Then she says she's not going to Mika gigs - but then she goes...:mf_rosetinted: