2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I'm sincerely happy for Sariflor and RAK1's good news. :punk:

But again, not everyone will be pleased... because a handful ruined it for others who didn't get their chance.:thumbdown:

I know Sariflor (Sara) - and I am positive that she was not one who contributed to the crowding, but that she was very fortunate to have had that interaction with Mika before the crowding happened.

im trying to read the reports from the begining but i came across this & i need to quote !

it wasnt a hanful that ruined it for others it was more like 50 :thumbdown: i offered to sort out the crowd it if someone else would but they refused :thumbdown: i asked a few that were crowding mika if they had spoken + got an autograph & they said yes me being me i said so why are u still crowding mika but got no reply :thumbdown: i then said to john if he could sort the situation he said thats what icy was there for i replyed well he`s not doing a very good job is he ? he shrugged his shoulders :shocked:

I went to the gig in Brixton, with not much hope of actually meeting Mika, because i know it's getting harder for him now. I was just looking forward to his performance.

omg, he was sensational!! The band before him were called Rollo, I think (don't know if it's spelled right) and they would have been okay, but they were much too loud and you couldn't tell what they were singing. But then Mika came on, and what a difference!! He was incredible!!! I couldn't take my eyes off him, and I was fortunate enough to get on the front row of the balcony, so i had a great view!

I also got a wristband, so I got to go to the party afterwards. I was so thrilled! I met Mika and gave him the present i'd bought for him ( a necklace in the shape of a starfish) I told him it was my way of showing my appreciation for alll his hard work, and the happiness he has brought to the world. He said "Awwwe, thank you so much," and I said, "God bless you Mika." He also signed my DVD.

I was very happy to meet many of the people on this forum, and put names to faces.

It was a fantastic night, and I got tipsy on the free champers!!! The party ended after midnight, basically, after Mika left, and then we went back to our hotel, and slept really well!

He's absolutely wonderful! :thumb_yello:

Worth repeating! So happy for you! :groupwave:

Well I know that some people who were at the party were really disappointed and there was all this *I want Mika for myself* again... :thumbdown:

But hey people have you ever thought about the ones who can't see him so often.. maybe one or two concerts or none at all... maybe seen him only from far away ... never spoke to him... They're just as big fans as you are and they want to talk to him too ! But they just don't have the chance or time or money for doing all this !

For me it feels wrong when someone tells me that he/she is angry because she couldn't speak enough with Mika ... who was in the same room with him/her... that would already be a WOW :mf_lustslow: for a lot of MFCers..

Maybe the situation there was worse for some people but the situation of the people at home was so much worse I gues :wink2:

So just be happy :thumb_yello:

This one event was especially for the "well known faces". I usually stand back these days and let others have their chance of a meeting and autograph/picture/chat/shag or wtf they are after, but this one time I would have liked to say hi! I feel uncomfortable in crowds and I can usually only look at my shoes and mumble random **** about pineapples unless I'm so pissed off that I tell him off for canceling gigs - neither is very cool and I thought this was my one chance to actually just have one minute to say hi and perhaps not make a complete arse of myself - I am absolutely gutted that I didn't get that chance :emot-sad:

This one event was especially for the "well known faces". I usually stand back these days and let others have their chance of a meeting and autograph/picture/chat/shag or wtf they are after, but this one time I would have liked to say hi! I feel uncomfortable in crowds and I can usually only look at my shoes and mumble random **** about pineapples unless I'm so pissed off that I tell him off for canceling gigs - neither is very cool and I thought this was my one chance to actually just have one minute to say hi and perhaps not make a complete arse of myself - I am absolutely gutted that I didn't get that chance :emot-sad:

Oh Kata.... :sorry:

well these well known faces think they own him like grey skelly girl who i did pull up outside as u know already kata as where there ! she said something along the lines like well i did say to mika i know u are too busy to get your photo taken with me "again" !!!!!!!! & u have others to speak to & mika insisted as he knows her :sneaky2: no more like your too bloody pushy & he felt he needed to :thumbdown:

Due to us? You were quite easily persuaded actually.:naughty:

i said "thanks to" !! you read what you want to ! :bleh:

Sorry Yop - got the news from babs (see above). But then that's good news then! Glad you enjoyed the evening! :punk:

don't be sorry, it's true and untrue at the same time : true i didn't get to talk to him, but untrue i was patiently "waiting for my turn" :thumb_yello:

well these well known faces think they own him like grey skelly girl who i did pull up ouside as u know already kata as where there ! she said something along the lines like well i did say to mika i know u are too busy to get your photo taken with me "again" !!!!!!!! & u have others to speak to & mika insisted as he knows her :sneaky2: no more like your too bloody pushy & he felt he needed to :thumbdown:

well nothing wrong with getting a picture with him if he doesn't mind it, it was more the whole 200 people listening in on and/or taking part in the conversations that really wasn't needed imo :boxed: People were more or less standing ON him and it can't have been a very pleasant expearience for him at all...that was not a party for him, it was another hour of work :boxed:

well nothing wrong with getting a picture with him if he doesn't mind it, it was more the whole 200 people listening in on and/or taking part in the conversations that really wasn't needed imo :boxed: People were more or less standing ON him and it can't have been a very pleasant expearience for him at all...that was not a party for him, it was another hour of work :boxed:

no theres no harm in getting your photo taken with him again but why push for it :sneaky2:

Well I know that some people who were at the party were really disappointed and there was all this *I want Mika for myself* again... :thumbdown:

But hey people have you ever thought about the ones who can't see him so often.. maybe one or two concerts or none at all... maybe seen him only from far away ... never spoke to him... They're just as big fans as you are and they want to talk to him too ! But they just don't have the chance or time or money for doing all this !

For me it feels wrong when someone tells me that he/she is angry because she couldn't speak enough with Mika ... who was in the same room with him/her... that would already be a WOW :mf_lustslow: for a lot of MFCers..

Maybe the situation there was worse for some people but the situation of the people at home was so much worse I gues :wink2:

So just be happy

I'm glad someone points that out! :wink2:

Hey people...lets end this discussions...

No-one here owns Mika, and we're just incredibly lucky that he even bothers to have contact with the fans. What other artists do that the way Mika does?

C'mon! :thumbdown: Everyone here wants to talk to Mika, touch him, hug him, give him presents...and only some of us will have the chance to do it...

I haven't...and I don't know if I'll ever even SEE a concert.

But hey, that's the way life is...

We must remember one thing: It's an honour to be a fan of such a sweet and talented guy, and we should be really happy for that! :wub2:

He wouldn't be happy to see this kind of things happening in his OFFICIAL FAN CLUB! :wink2:

Peace!

:shocked: :shocked: why have I never seen your signature.... how could I miss that ???? He wore the shirt you gave him in Düsseldorf ???

Wow that's amazing.. when did he wear it ?

The reason why you didn't notice before is cause it's new:naughty: .

That's why I'm so blooming happy! Cause he wore it last night!!!

And then when I asked he said he likes it a lot and wore it all the time for the US gig, and I should ask his mum, and then she said that he loves it, and she thanked me as well, saying "it meant a lot" that I'd made it for him.

He said "thank you" for it and held my hand to squeeze it, and seemed genuinely happy for it, so it was really great.

He's probably hoping for one of your amazing t-shirts, Sara!!!

Hehehe, maybe I should make him one, now that we're "friends"...LOL!

He was trying really hard not to laugh here, hehehe...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208/photo#5172465195323152386

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208/photo#5172465242567792658

:thumbdown:And these things are the ones that make me feel bad about it.

well these well known faces think they own him like grey skelly girl who i did pull up outside as u know already kata as where there ! she said something along the lines like well i did say to mika i know u are too busy to get your photo taken with me "again" !!!!!!!! & u have others to speak to & mika insisted as he knows her :sneaky2: no more like your too bloody pushy & he felt he needed to :thumbdown:

But that has always been the reason why I didn't ask for stuff like that, cause I know that Mika won't say "no", as he's too nice and polite.

Last night was the first time in 12 gigs that I did.

I'm glad someone points that out! :wink2:

Hey people...lets end this discussions...

No-one here owns Mika, and we're just incredibly lucky that he even bothers to have contact with the fans. What other artists do that the way Mika does?

C'mon! :thumbdown: Everyone here wants to talk to Mika, touch him, hug him, give him presents...and only some of us will have the chance to do it...

I haven't...and I don't know if I'll ever even SEE a concert.

But hey, that's the way life is...

We must remember one thing: It's an honour to be a fan of such a sweet and talented guy, and we should be really happy for that! :wub2:

He wouldn't be happy to see this kind of things happening in his OFFICIAL FAN CLUB! :wink2:

Peace!

look this was the best mika experience ive ever had without speaking to him which is best as he doesnt understand a word i say then i end up making a complete ass of myself & makes me feel stupid :boxed: but get one thing straight some of these people who mika know by name & face do think they should get special treatment from mika + im certain he knows who i am , i dont see him coming towards me more like *shi*ting himself incase i approach him :roftl: but anyway i dont push in for him to see me & look for that speacial treatment , do u get my point !

That's why I'm so blooming happy! Cause he wore it last night!!!

And then when I asked he said he likes it a lot and wore it all the time for the US gig, and I should ask his mum, and then she said that he loves it, and she thanked me as well, saying "it meant a lot" that I'd made it for him.

He said "thank you" for it and held my hand to squeeze it, and seemed genuinely happy for it, so it was really great.

Hehehe, maybe I should make him one, now that we're "friends"...LOL!

He was trying really hard not to laugh here, hehehe...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208/photo#5172465195323152386

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208/photo#5172465242567792658

:thumbdown:And these things are the ones that make me feel bad about it.

But that has always been the reason why I didn't ask for stuff like that, cause I know that Mika won't say "no", as he's too nice and polite.

ok you pushed in , fu*k i hate reporting on all the bad stuff but i cant help myself , i feel it should be done ! so u pushed in but this was the worst time to do it you could see mika was panicing his neck holding was geting really bad :thumbdown: but anyway its not the pushing in that was my point from the begining was how people where speaking to mika then still crowing him when they should have fu*ked off & gave others the opportunity to have their moment with mika too !

[/color]

hey, your signature is very nice and your album too

but it could be so much better if that scary guy's face didn't pop out first !!

who was that ?? he is like from dickens book, 19th century ????

ok you pushed in , fu*k i hate reporting on all the bad stuff but i cant help myself , i feel it should be done ! so u pushed in but this was the worst time to do it you could see mika was panicing his neck holding was geting really bad :thumbdown: but anyway its not the pushing in that was my point from the begining was how people where speaking to mika then still crowing him when they should have fu*ked off * gave overs the opportunity to have their moment with mika too !

:thumbdown: NO, I did not push in!!

I joined the crowd at the start when he did his speech, I was standing right behing Vix, and when he started chatting to people I popped my head in there and asked him what I wanted to ask about.

He was nice and relaxed at all times while I was there.

I don't know where you were and what you "think" you saw, but I do have a clear conscience and I won't take this sort of accusation. I've gone to many, many gigs and waited patiently for my turn which many times just never came, without imposing myself, firstly cause I don't want to bother him (or anyone) and secondly cause I would feel stupid.

So I wasn't going to start last night, and I did not.

You may need to revise your definition of "pushing", as there is a difference between going somewhere and joining a group of people, and pushing in. I didn't impose myself on anyone, and even less Mika.

Funny how you are so observant to what he was doing with his neck, yet you can't see what I actually did. Pff

So that's that.

:thumbdown: NO, I did not push in!!

I joined the crowd at the start when he did his speech, I was standing right behing Vix, and when he started chatting to people I popped my head in there and asked him what I wanted to ask about.

He was nice and relaxed at all times while I was there.

I don't know where you were and what you "think" you saw, but I do have a clear conscience and I won't take this sort of accusation. I've gone to many, many gigs and waited patiently for my turn which many times just never came, without imposing myself, firstly cause I don't want to bother him (or anyone) and secondly cause I would feel stupid.

So I wasn't going to start last night, and I did not.

Funny how you are so observant to what he was doing with his neck, yet you can't see what I actually did. Pff

So that's that.

i never said you pushed in ! i stood up on a table beside carrie to see , i had no intentions in going near mika unless there was space , there wasnt so i stood clear . about 15 mins before he decided he had enough i was down talking to john or should i say telling him off :-)

ok you pushed in , fu*k i hate reporting on all the bad stuff but i cant help myself , i feel it should be done ! so u pushed in but this was the worst time to do it you could see mika was panicing his neck holding was geting really bad :thumbdown: but anyway its not the pushing in that was my point from the begining was how people where speaking to mika then still crowing him when they should have fu*ked off & gave others the opportunity to have their moment with mika too !

i never said you pushed in ! i stood up on a table beside carrie to see , i had no intentions in going near mika unless there was space , there wasnt so i stood clear . about 15 mins before he decided he had enough i was down talking to john or should i say telling him off :-)

You said I pushed in , in the post above this.

As I said though, I know what I did and what I didn't do, so my conscience is clear.

No, Sariflor did not say she pushed in--she said she asked for a picture, because even though she met Mika before this, she had never gotten one.

ok you pushed in , fu*k i hate reporting on all the bad stuff but i cant help myself , i feel it should be done ! so u pushed in

You DID say that sariflor pushed in, scg. But Sariflor did not, and after she said what she wanted to say to Mika, she left to give others the chance to talk to him. I don't think cursing at Sara is fair here.

--Jack

this is a paparazzi pic of rose and andy... they looked so cute i couldn't help myself :naughty: he spend almost 30minute interviewing her, then moved a bit further cause there was too much noise, etc. :wub2:

i took it at the after party so it's on topic, right ? or are we only allowed to rant in there ? :wink2:

img6212ik5.jpg

didnt u say this time u pushed in this time ? im off to check back to keep myself right !

No, I said that this time I had gone for the "asking for stuff" as I saw the chance, which I usually either don't get or don't make for myself, but I would not (and did not) push in cause I just can't do that.

I chose to go over and join the "mass" of people that was in that area when I saw Mika going in that direction, and then it turned out that he stood there next to where I was, so it was quite clear. That's not the same as pushing in where there's no space, etc.

And he was quite relaxed then and in a great mood, he'd just arrived, nobody was stressing him out (which we still don't even KNOW if in the end he was stressed or not) etc..

Also nobody had asked him for pics yet, so I thought I could do that because nobody had said that it wasn't allowed.

See, I'm one of the idiots that when John comes out saying "no pics", actually doesn't ask for one:naughty:. I've been doing that all winter.

So that is the story.

As I said, I'd feel like an idiot if I was pushing in to speak to him or whatever, I have my dignity, and on top of it I just don't want to do that to him.

You DID say that sariflor pushed in, scg. But Sariflor did not, and after she said what she wanted to say to Mika, she left to give others the chance to talk to him. I don't think cursing at Sara is fair here.

--Jack

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jack. :thumb_yello:

shutup jack !

heres what i said then ill show your reply

Originally Posted by scg View Post

well these well known faces think they own him like grey skelly girl who i did pull up outside as u know already kata as where there ! she said something along the lines like well i did say to mika i know u are too busy to get your photo taken with me "again" !!!!!!!! & u have others to speak to & mika insisted as he knows her no more like your too bloody pushy & he felt he needed

heres your reply

i was talking about pushy people you admitted this was the first time you were pushy so i wasnt the one that said , or im i reading your quote wrongly ?