2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I've got nothing to say to Mika, muchless his family so I don't talk to them. But I don't see anything wrong with it if you're not pestering them. If Mika can make himself unavailable to fans when he's not up to speaking to them, surely his family can.

If I was in close range and there was no one else around I would make small talk to be polite as I would with anyone in that situation. But it's not like that's ever going to happen.

You should have stuck around after Mika left. We were just standing around gabbing as we always do trying to round everyone up after the gigs and the car pulled up to pick up the family. Yasmine asked if any of us had made the book for her and wanted to pass on the message that she loved it, etc. (can't remember her exact words because she wasn't speaking directly to me.)

She and Fortune (and maybe Paloma?) left and then Mrs. P just hung around forever afterwards. I think we may have left before she did.

Wasn't he having troubles with an American girl?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated with his family like a lot of us are here, and I would have loved to have seen them I'll admit (I was chuffed to finally see Fortuné at last, thanks for pointing him out for me). Not that I would have spoken to them. Smiled and waved probably, but wouldn't have said anything unless they initiated conversation. Yeah I heard about Yasmine asking about the book, so I was so happy when Danika finally met her at the After Party.

Well I thought he was having trouble with some American girls, they certainly had that kind of accent, but my dad kept saying they were french. Unless they were french canadians and talked amongst themselves in french, I have no idea what he's talking about :roftl:

Wasn't he having troubles with an American girl?

Ugh those girls were annoying me sooo much at the beginning.

The one girl kept putting her hand on the barrier in between me and Natalie so we kept pressing ourselves together to force her hand out because once she'd got her hand in we knew she'd just try and get the rest of her body in. Then they just kept doing that really annoying thing - talking about us and about Caz and her dad to each other as if we weren't there knowing full well we were listening....:sneaky2: That's one thing that really bugs me.

By the end however they seemed to become really friendly with us :blink:

Just going back to Mama Penniman, at Newcastle last year I got the impression she was a bit wary of me, maybe she thought I was nuts or something as I was in the penguin suit.

But at Hammersmith a couple of weeks back, I was curious to find out if Mika and Andy got the penguins I left for them before Christmas, and she was going back in the front entrance. Normally I wouldn't have approached her, but I had taken off the penguin cossie and went up to her and politely said hello and asked about the presents, she smiled a really big smile and said yes they had got them, so I said thank you and left.

So I think she knows I'm not so scarey now. LOL!

yeah sometimes i wonder if they're intimidated by us :blink:

but they should be used to wacky costumes and loud personalities....they're a Lebanese family and have Mika as a son, after ll who encourages the weirdness :roftl: :roftl:

Ugh those girls were annoying me sooo much at the beginning.

The one girl kept putting her hand on the barrier in between me and Natalie so we kept pressing ourselves together to force her hand out because once she'd got her hand in we knew she'd just try and get the rest of her body in. Then they just kept doing that really annoying thing - talking about us and about Caz and her dad to each other as if we weren't there knowing full well we were listening....:sneaky2: That's one thing that really bugs me.

By the end however they seemed to become really friendly with us :blink:

oh they were just trying to make us feel bad or whatever. Phooey, whatever. They kept knocking into my dad and because my dad has some weight on him, he bumped them back. One girl responded "what on earth are you doing, sir?!" :shocked:

and one girl got her hand between me and natalie but that's as far as it went. My dad warned them and said "you'll soon find that I'm pretty firm" and certainly took no sh*t from them. My dad even contemplated pinching a girl's butt cos he knew that would stop them but then second guessed it as he knew he'd probably get done for sexual assault :roftl:

I have to say that I had a very different experience to what you are describing...

I think that I can usually be paranoid enough to know if someone is just faking interest, or giving me the good old "polite smile" that you mention, and on this occasion, Mrs P didn't do that.

She was very nice, genuinely into the conversation, asked me questions about myself and if I did other things (apart from the Tshirt, which was the starting point), and said that it "meant a lot" that I had made that for Mika and he was wearing it cause he loved it,etc...

So it was actually an exchange, a normal chat, and in the middle of it she asked if she could film me speaking about whatever I was going on about, and started her camera.

What I'm trying to say is that she was not just "being polite" and politely giving me the cold shoulder or trying to end things asap, but she actually encouraged the conversation a lot, and I was in fact very aware of the fact that I didn't want to "impose" myself, so I kept things quite short from my side and it was her who kept the chat going.

Maybe it's cause I'm Mika's clothes designer now:roftl: :roftl: JUST KIDDING before I get linched!! It's a joke people!!:naughty:

just to precise things, i never said i had a bad experience talking to them, i said i just didn't see where the point was... and that when i got to talk to them, i had precise things to tell them, and when i was done, i was leaving asap cause ME was the one feeling uncomfortable...

and i never said it was a fake smile, it's a genuine one, cause she's certainly the nice kind of person, but that doesn't mean less that she doesn't give a toss about you :roftl: (general "you")

oh they were just trying to make us feel bad or whatever. Phooey, whatever. They kept knocking into my dad and because my dad has some weight on him, he bumped them back. One girl responded "what on earth are you doing, sir?!" :shocked:

and one girl got her hand between me and natalie but that's as far as it went. My dad warned them and said "you'll soon find that I'm pretty firm" and certainly took no sh*t from them. My dad even contemplated pinching a girl's butt cos he knew that would stop them but then second guessed it as he knew he'd probably get done for sexual assault :roftl:

Hahahah Yeah I think he would have got done for that. :naughty:

It would have been funny though. I 'accidently' kicked one of them a few times who was getting a bit close once Palladium were on. They seemed to forget about pushing us once it all got started luckily.

Oh and they were definitely not Canadian...or French haha. American for sure :thumb_yello:

Hahahah Yeah I think he would have got done for that. :naughty:

It would have been funny though. I 'accidently' kicked one of them a few times who was getting a bit close once Palladium were on. They seemed to forget about pushing us once it all got started luckily.

Oh and they were definitely not Canadian...or French haha. American for sure :thumb_yello:

I would have said something myself but reminded myself that I was here for Mika, so:

a) wouldn't let it spoil the concert

b) take the off-chance that i would have started a fight and got chucked out

oh they kept pushing my dad throughout the gig :thumbdown:

i dunno where my dad got french from then, unless there was another french girl somewhere (it wasn't you Yop, was it? :naughty: -JOKE-)

unless my dad just can't tell the difference between the english language and the french language...which is only slightly worrying.

Smiled and waved probably, but wouldn't have said anything unless they initiated conversation.

That's the thing, Yasmine would have initiated a conversation because she was looking to speak to whoever had put the book together.

Well I thought he was having trouble with some American girls, they certainly had that kind of accent, but my dad kept saying they were french. Unless they were french canadians and talked amongst themselves in french, I have no idea what he's talking about :roftl:

:roftl: I didn't even see them but I'm pretty sure from their accents they were American and not French Canadian.

I would have said something myself but reminded myself that I was here for Mika, so:

a) wouldn't let it spoil the concert

b) take the off-chance that i would have started a fight and got chucked out

oh they kept pushing my dad throughout the gig :thumbdown:

i dunno where my dad got french from then, unless there was another french girl somewhere (it wasn't you Yop, was it? :naughty: -JOKE-)

I think there were some French people to the other side of the American's (nearer the centre) so it might have been them?

I mainly just ignored them. I turned around a few times to glare at them and ask/tell them to stop pushing but other than that I zipped it. I've said stuff before in similar situations and in my experience it just makes them push you more for the whole duration of the concert. :thumbdown:

That's the thing, Yasmine would have initiated a conversation because she was looking to speak to whoever had put the book together.

:roftl: I didn't even see them but I'm pretty sure from their accents they were American and not French Canadian.

so long as they initiate conversation it's thumbs up for me =]

well you should know, being Canadian yourself :roftl: i mean okay, you're not FRENCH canadian...but you're still...you know...Canadian...

I think there were some French people to the other side of the American's (nearer the centre) so it might have been them?

I mainly just ignored them. I turned around a few times to glare at them and ask/tell them to stop pushing but other than that I zipped it. I've said stuff before in similar situations and in my experience it just makes them push you more for the whole duration of the concert. :thumbdown:

some people are such dicks.

that's really all i have to say xD

My dad warned them and said "you'll soon find that I'm pretty firm" and certainly took no sh*t from them.

That was awesome. Go dad! :naughty:

He cleared the other side as well so no one stepped in behind me. I had the front and second row to myself. If they were smart they would have try to spread out a bit instead of trying to squeeze in where there was no room.

I don't understand how most people can't tell between Canadian and American accents. I think it's really obvious in most cases! :blink:

really? i think american accents have more of a twang to it, but most of the time i don't notice it lol. i guess it's like the americans mistaking brits for aussie's and vice versa...

That was awesome. Go dad! :naughty:

He cleared the other side as well so no one stepped in behind me. I had the front and second row to myself. If they were smart they would have try to spread out a bit instead of trying to squeeze in where there was no room.

yay go daddy! :roftl:

i love how you said "if they were smart..." :roll1: but i'm glad my dad helped to heighten your experience, rather than get it ruined. my dad is such a protector :wub2: *and i'm undeniably a daddy's girl LOL*

I don't understand how most people can't tell between Canadian and American accents. I think it's really obvious in most cases! :blink:

Sometimes it takes me awhile, depending on where they're from. I assume anyone with a North American accent is American when I'm outside of Canada though.

Sometimes it takes me awhile, depending on where they're from. I assume anyone with a North American accent is American when I'm outside of Canada though.

hahaha how weird xDDD i can usually tell if their from the southern side of America LOL :roftl:

but walking home alone? In London? I mean, I know she lives there and everything but that's mighty dangerous. Hahaha, my dad has no idea who she is, so if he saww her he'd probably think she was another fan and would probably offer her a lift home hahahahaha! :roftl: :roftl:

:naughty: Caz! Thousands of people do it every day! And in London! :shocked:

i felt uncomfortable "everytime" i got to talk to her (and the only time i got to talk to Yasmine) because i was feeling not where i should be... to be honest, i was feeling uncomfortable at the whole after so-called party, not because of the mobbing, which i didn't give a f*ck about, but just because i wasn't feeling where i should be...

just a personal opinion ! :thumb_yello:

I agee, I always smile if I see any of them but haven't really tried to speak with them much. At Shepherds Bush, Mrs P was asking us questions in a group so that felt ok. Otherwise I just smile and say hello and carry on.

At the so called after party, I did speak to Yasmine, and got the same impression as you, very polite, doing her duty.

I also spoke to Mrs P to thank her for the passes which she had given to us personally, so I thought that was OK to do, but I didn't linger.

I agee, I always smile if I see any of them but haven't really tried to speak with them much. At Shepherds Bush, Mrs P was asking us questions in a group so that felt ok. Otherwise I just smile and say hello and carry on.

At the so called after party, I did speak to Yasmine, and got the same impression as you, very polite, doing her duty.

I also spoke to Mrs P to thank her for the passes which she had given to us personally, so I thought that was OK to do, but I didn't linger.

Okay, so people saw Mama Penniman at Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith, both concerts which I went to, yet never saw her. Whyyyyy?

(pffft - i suppose it's a bit like my luck trying to meet Mika :sneaky2:)

oh god, :roftl: your dad is sure something ain't he :naughty: