2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

So Papa P was there, too... wow, my tunnel view must have been far worse than I thought :lmao:

I saw the Mama filming, though...

I didn't know about Papa or brother until afterwards :doh:

I don't remember anything apart from brown curls awesome smile velvet voice sweet big eyes green tie..:insane:

gosh in what state I reduced myself:roftl:

Is it any wonder that people want to stay close!!!!

I didn't know what his shirt looked like till I saw it on YouTube.

Is it any wonder that people want to stay close!!!!

I didn't know what his shirt looked like till I saw it on YouTube.

a fabby one! All those lil green circles:wub2:

and he smells of paradise!

{I swear I've been pushed so close}:naughty:

Hi Yop

The thing is, you've already met and spoken to them both - more than once I gather.

People who haven't want to speak to them. Some may hold back because they've read that you think they don't give a toss. Some may hold back because they are shy. But they were at the party. Imagine if no-one spoke to them? My main motive for speaking was that they were standing on their own and it would have been more rude to ignore them than to try and chat.

i talk to Mrs P. twice (maybe a 3rd time) during the whole year and to Yasmine only once to tell her Cynthia wanted to meet her, at the after so-called party... and "talk" is a big word for "exchanging a few words"...

i don't care about people holding back because of what i said, my message was perfectly clear : FOR ME, it's not because they're present that they want people to talk to them.

and thinking it would be rude not to talk to them is, still in my only opinion, hiding behind something.

but go ahead ! talk to them ! who am i to say not to ? :thumb_yello: i was just giving MY point of view.

i talk to Mrs P. twice (maybe a 3rd time) during the whole year

not because they're present that they want people to talk to them.

and thinking it would be rude not to talk to them is, still in my only opinion, hiding behind something.

I know it's your PoV. That's fine. I don't have an issue with it. But you have quite a forceful way of stating your opinions. And you have had the benefit of talking to them. You say 'go ahead and talk' as if it's the worst thing people could do. Or say that they have an ulterior motive. And that devalues the pleasure that people get from talking to the family.

Emmylou, it is tricky without accents on our U.K. keyboards. :naughty:

I know it's your PoV. That's fine. I don't have an issue with it. But you have quite a forceful way of stating your opinions. And you have had the benefit of talking to them. You say 'go ahead and talk' as if it's the worst thing people could do. Or say that they have an ulterior motive. And that devalues the pleasure that people get from talking to the family.

i think you see way too much in my words... when i say "go ahead and talk" i mean "go ahead and talk" :blink:

anyway...

i think you see way too much in my words... when i say "go ahead and talk" i mean "go ahead and talk" :blink:

anyway...

I've talked to Yasmine... and I don't feel that Yoppappop's comments hurt me any. :naughty: I just think I don't agree with her about the only possible motives to talk to Mika's family... and so I happily go about my way.

That said, I agree that Yasmine looks uncomfortable with crowds, and looks like she'd just as rather people left her alone most of the time.

--Jack

I've talked to Yasmine... and I don't feel that Yoppappop's comments hurt me any. :naughty: I just think I don't agree with her about the only possible motives to talk to Mika's family... and so I happily go about my way.

--Jack

yes, i'm done anyway, it's ok :thumb_yello:

I think Papa P. is the least comfortable with crowds and most people didn't see him because he ducked out the back early on and stood outside the bar. When he was inside though he was all smiles and looked very proud of his son when Mika came in the room.

I think Papa P. is the least comfortable with crowds and most people didn't see him because he ducked out the back early on and stood outside the bar. When he was inside though he was all smiles and looked very proud of his son when Mika came in the room.

Awwww, I can imagine how proud of him he must be...

I mean who wouldn't be.

I couldn't ever dream of bothering any of his family. I have enough problems talking to fellow MFC'ers let alone Mika or his family. :naughty:

Hmmmm, Imagines me just sat in a corner at the aftershow thing just watching everyone else :roftl:

I probably would have been too shy to go to the bar and get a drink even :blink:

That would have been my evening. :wink2:

It's only in my head that I'm all talkative and kind of normal.

Oh and when typing in here lol

hahaha how weird xDDD i can usually tell if their from the southern side of America LOL :roftl:

Haha, I live in the midwest, in Michigan, and one of my friends moved from the south to Michigan during high school. She said the Michigan accent sounded so nasal and was like, "Why do you all talk through your nose?" :roftl: A few years later she was doing the same thing.

i spoke to mr p whop is lovely and was quite in awe of it all with his son he was so sweet and i was really surprised he was there as you do not see him that much ( well until then i had never seen him full stop ).

Oh wow, I am so curious about him! Do we know which state he's from? I heard Virginia or something like that, but who knows? And what does his accent sound like? I can't imagine it...born in the US, lived in Lebanon, France, and now England. Wow. I think his parents' life stories must be amazing. How they met and everything. We need a biography. :bleh:

Awww, his parents must be SO proud of Mika! Can you imagine watching Mika struggle in school, struggle to find his niche in the record industry, work really hard, and then suddenly have it pay off, and now Mika's adored by millions, and is making a living doing what he loves! As parents, I'd be bursting with pride every day.

No family deserves it more, and no one but Mika deserves it more. I just love them. :wub2: (And I don't even know them!) :blush-anim-cl:

Can't we just say they were RUDE girls and leave it at that, though?

I don't think it buys us anything to try to

assign the behavior to a particular nationality,

as that's clearly a generalization. Not ALL French people

behave a certain way, not ALL French Canadian people behave a

certain way. I don't think it really matters WHICH

country the rude people were from, as there are rude people in EVERY

country, city, town, village, etc. on the face of the planet.

JMO, as I'd like to see an end to all the animosity and

rivalry between the different groups that I keep running

into on this forum. :(

dcdeb <who, btw, is a blonde American and is NOT dumb :roftl: >

oh gosh I wasn't saying that "all french people are rude" or anything, i had that same (friendly) discussion with Yop previously lol. Christine, Jennie, my dad and I all seem to be confused on just where they came from and are just trying to find a happy medium xDD we'll never know for sure, but we all seem to have heard a different accent lol. It doesn't matter where they come from, we just want to know because there's just a bit of confusion :roftl:

And I know not all American Blondes are dumb, that's why I used to the word "stereotype" in that thread title :wink2: