2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

oh gosh I wasn't saying that "all french people are rude" or anything, i had that same (friendly) discussion with Yop previously lol. Christine, Jennie, my dad and I all seem to be confused on just where they came from and are just trying to find a happy medium xDD we'll never know for sure, but we all seem to have heard a different accent lol. It doesn't matter where they come from, we just want to know because there's just a bit of confusion :roftl:

And I know not all American Blondes are dumb, that's why I used to the word "stereotype" in that thread title :wink2:

maybe ... just maybe it was an airport accent :roftl: :roftl:

i am french canadian, but apparently when i speak english & french for that matter, i sound a little american (i was grew up 1 mile from usa... so that may explain it) but apart from the few who grew up near the canadian/usa border, i can assure you french canadians do not sound american at all and not like french from france... we are a total different "breed" of our own :naughty: i hear americans speaking all the time, the only ones i can pinpoint are the ones from the south, and maybe new york, they have a special way of saying "coffee" & "roof" hehe other then that... i'm no good at all. i love to hear accents... ;o)

maybe ... just maybe it was an airport accent :roftl: :roftl:

i am french canadian, but apparently when i speak english & french for that matter, i sound a little american (i was grew up 1 mile from usa... so that may explain it) but apart from the few who grew up near the canadian/usa border, i can assure you french canadians do not sound american at all and not like french from france... we are a total different "breed" of our own :naughty: i hear americans speaking all the time, the only ones i can pinpoint are the ones from the south, and maybe new york, they have a special way of saying "coffee" & "roof" hehe other then that... i'm no good at all. i love to hear accents... ;o)

I heard some French Canadian girls speak English and it kinda sounded American to me. of course with a certain french accent, but still there were a lot of American sounds

and French Canadian is definitely a lot different from French from France. I have so much trouble understanding it sometimes :naughty:

I heard some French Canadian girls speak English and it kinda sounded American to me. of course with a certain french accent, but still there were a lot of American sounds

and French Canadian is definitely a lot different from French from France. I have so much trouble understanding it sometimes :naughty:

well of course the english they speak will certainly not have a british sound to it... it would sound more like the rest of canada. but american? i don't know... as far as having a hard time understand french canadians.. you are probably right. but when i go on the french fan site, sooooooo many expressions i just dont understand... i have no clue what they are saying ! lol

on mfc, it's not too bad, apart from all the abbreviations (like "pressies" for presents etc..) that makes it a bit harder ;o)

well of course the english they speak will certainly not have a british sound to it... it would sound more like the rest of canada. but american? i don't know... as far as having a hard time understand french canadians.. you are probably right. but when i go on the french fan site, sooooooo many expressions i just dont understand... i have no clue what they are saying ! lol

on mfc, it's not too bad, apart from all the abbreviations (like "pressies" for presents etc..) that makes it a bit harder ;o)

lol there are many of your expressions that I don't get :naughty: but I'm getting used to them. chatting with girls from Québec helps :bleh:

Awww, his parents must be SO proud of Mika!

Yes, especially that moment in particular. I think Mika gave one of the best performances of his career that night and it marked the end of an incredibly successful 18 months.

Fans were gathered around, still on a high from the show, singing Mika's songs and exciting about his impending arrival. When Mika came in he was gracious and professional but still comes across as warm and accessible.

I'm amazed that any 24 year old has got it together the way he has and I'm sure his parents are very pleased with the way he's turned out and what he's achieved.

I'm amazed that any 24 year old has got it together the way he has and I'm sure his parents are very pleased with the way he's turned out and what he's achieved.

Exactly. I'm 25, and I'm still getting it together! :bleh: I do think I'm a good person, and I try to be polite and considerate. But who knows what I'd be like in Mika's shoes meeting fans and getting photographed everywhere I go! I hope I'd stay sane and polite. :blink:

I think tonight it has just sunk in how absolutely amazing this gig was.

The minute it ended I knew it was the best one he'd done but it's only just really hit me how good it actually was. :shocked:

I wish they'd filmed it like the Olympia gig. Hopefully Andy has some footage that will end up on a DVD.

I think tonight it has just sunk in how absolutely amazing this gig was.

The minute it ended I knew it was the best one he'd done but it's only just really hit me how good it actually was. :shocked:

wow that's almost 3 weeks later :naughty: I so wish I had been there :wub2:

wow that's almost 3 weeks later :naughty: I so wish I had been there :wub2:

I wish everyone could have been there. It was just....:wub2:

I think I need sleep. I have to be up in 4 hours and I'm watching and re-watching youtube videos. I realllly want to see some professional footage from that night. If ever I happen to see Andy out and about any time soon I'm gonna harass him until he gives in :naughty: I think all dignity will be lost but I'll do anything to see that footage.

I think I need sleep. I have to be up in 4 hours and I'm watching and re-watching youtube videos. I realllly want to see some professional footage from that night. If ever I happen to see Andy out and about any time soon I'm gonna harass him until he gives in :naughty: I think all dignity will be lost but I'll do anything to see that footage.

*sighs* Would have loved to be there as well...

Awww, youtube is bad! So hard to stay away from it! Hope you'll manage to get some sleep anyway! :wink2:

Wanna see Andy trying to defend himself against you :naughty:

GOOD NIGHT!

I wish they'd filmed it like the Olympia gig. Hopefully Andy has some footage that will end up on a DVD.

Oh, I hope so! For the people who were lucky enough to go, and for those of us who weren't. *points to self* Was Andy filming the afterparty, too?

I'm wishing for one LOOONG DVD. :wub2::mf_lustslow:

Oh, I hope so! For the people who were lucky enough to go, and for those of us who weren't. *points to self* Was Andy filming the afterparty, too?

Yes, I think that's why Mika was wearing a microphone. Andy could film from afar instead of being right next to Mika while he was talking to people, which would have been a bit intrusive.

Well, assuming people had acted halfway normal and it had carried on like a real party. I remember Andy being in the thick of things towards the end when there was a huge crowd around Mika.

I don't understand how most people can't tell between Canadian and American accents. I think it's really obvious in most cases! :blink:

Really? I've heard people overseas say the opposite - that Canadian and American accents are indistinguishable.

really? i think american accents have more of a twang to it, but most of the time i don't notice it lol. i guess it's like the americans mistaking brits for aussie's and vice versa...

Mistaking Brits for Aussies? See, that I don't understand. IMHO, the Australian accent is quite distinct..

As for identifying accents from various parts of England - well, unless it's distinctly cockney, I need more field work in that area. Sigh.

Actually, reading the last few pages made me feel warm and fuzzy too. :wub2

Damn that family for being so talented and nice and lovely. :mf_rosetinted:

They ARE nice and talented and lovely. :wub2:

I've thought about the type of person Mrs. P must have been to deal with Mika's whole breakdown and school hiatus at age 11, and deal with it so well by guiding him toward music.

I can list a great number of mothers who would not have been able to handle that, and I would guess that who she is and the support she provided really helped make Mika who he is today. There are parents out there who would have called their dyslexic 11 year-old awful names, decided he was just lazy, and blamed him for his issues with bullies.

Being around Mika's mom and Yasmine backstage in Vancouver was surreal. They're both so...*searches for the right word*...vibrant? Between the two of them there was this sense that everything was as it should be, under control. It was only a couple of hours, but man. I was impressed.

I'd love to have his mother for tea. Her life has been so varied, I'm sure it's one hell of a story.

I can't imagine it...born in the US, lived in Lebanon, France, and now England. Wow. I think his parents' life stories must be amazing. How they met and everything. We need a biography. :bleh:

I hope Mika releases a biography some day, which of course would include a bit of his background. (I also hope to be the one to write it, but that's beside the point. :naughty:) It would be one hell of a read. It's kind of odd, actually - I'll be walking down the street, and all these ideas for his biography take shape in the depths of my random mind.

But really, Mika. If you won't enlist me to work with you to write your biography, at least enlist someone. Your story is so, so worth telling.

I think if Mika wrote a book it should contain bits about his parents and Yasmine as well :shocked: not to intrude in their private life, but it's just so...interesting!

Mama P from Lebanon, Papa P from America...how they met...how he handled the move to Beirut and learning Lebanese (i mean, he must know how to speak the language...) the war...moving all over the place (to Cyprus to France, wasn't it?) learning another language....Papa P getting stuck in the Gulf war...Yasmine living in China is another thing for Heaven's sake!...and of course Mika's childhood in France and England, which we know about, but in greater detail...

I want to see professional footage from that night and from the concerts, too!

I think if Mika wrote a book it should contain bits about his parents and Yasmine as well :shocked: not to intrude in their private life, but it's just so...interesting!

Mama P from Lebanon, Papa P from America...how they met...how he handled the move to Beirut and learning Lebanese (i mean, he must know how to speak the language...) the war...moving all over the place (to Cyprus to France, wasn't it?) learning another language....Papa P getting stuck in the Gulf war...Yasmine living in China is another thing for Heaven's sake!...and of course Mika's childhood in France and England, which we know about, but in greater detail...

it'd be great reading things about him, the stuff we don't know (obviously not very personal stuff).. would be an interesting read

I realllly want to see some professional footage from that night. If ever I happen to see Andy out and about any time soon I'm gonna harass him until he gives in :naughty: I think all dignity will be lost but I'll do anything to see that footage.

I'm sure it's been discussed lots on here since Andy arrived in the entourage, but are we ever going to see any of that footage?

I thought it was for the family only, to save them having to film where ever they go.

I'm sure it's been discussed lots on here since Andy arrived in the entourage, but are we ever going to see any of that footage?

I thought it was for the family only, to save them having to film where ever they go.

I think (and correct me if i'm wrong) he said they were gonna put a bit of the footage on the DVD? and how he would also put stuff like of Mika recording his new album? Well that's what I thought I heard him say :naughty:

I think (and correct me if i'm wrong) he said they were gonna put a bit of the footage on the DVD? and how he would also put stuff like of Mika recording his new album? Well that's what I thought I heard him say :naughty:

you know, i was thinking last night that they should do a "making of..." dvd :D

I remember that, in Doncaster, Em' told Mika someone had written a book about him in France. The Mikster didn't look too pleased about it... I wonder if that book's out now.:blink:

Aww bless! I think if any book is written about Mika is should be written by him!!!

I would love that!! What a good idea!!!

I want to see professional footage from that night and from the concerts, too!

I went to the concert but not the afterparty and I would love to see footage from both events!!!

That's a point! If I was Mika's Mum I would want a video record because he's her son and she's proud etc, just like you make home video's but I wouldn't want to go round everywhere with a camcorder, so yeh, I think it might be for the family...

I said a minute ago I think its for the family, but if that's what you heard I am very pleased because I would love to see the DVD as much as anyone!!

That sounds amazing! I want to read it! (Heck, I'd love to write it!)

Yes, yes! Behind the scenes stuff! Making of the album! It would be such a treat to see this second album come into existence. :mf_lustslow:

I hope Mika releases a biography some day, which of course would include a bit of his background. (I also hope to be the one to write it, but that's beside the point. :naughty:) It would be one hell of a read. It's kind of odd, actually - I'll be walking down the street, and all these ideas for his biography take shape in the depths of my random mind.

But really, Mika. If you won't enlist me to work with you to write your biography, at least enlist someone. Your story is so, so worth telling.

I agree 100%! And my goal for the year is to write a book. (It's been a dream of mine since I was about 7.) Sooo Mana, how about you and I fly to London and hang out with the Pennimans for a bit? We can take notes, compile research, and write Mika's official, authorized biography! (Cause seriously, I don't trust them if they're not official.) Haha, I'm dreaming. :thumb_yello:

Aww bless! I think if any book is written about Mika is should be written by him!!!

I would love that!! What a good idea!!!

I went to the concert but not the afterparty and I would love to see footage from both events!!!

That's a point! If I was Mika's Mum I would want a video record because he's her son and she's proud etc, just like you make home video's but I wouldn't want to go round everywhere with a camcorder, so yeh, I think it might be for the family...

I said a minute ago I think its for the family, but if that's what you heard I am very pleased because I would love to see the DVD as much as anyone!!

Personally, I'm dreading the dvd! Who the heck wants to see a grown woman prancinng around in a "silly costume" (Mikas words, not mine)LOL!