2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

well i know THAT you goon LOL :roftl: but it was night-time!....and late! with...lots of weirdos about! :blink:

Don't talk about me and my friends like that! :sneaky2:

Seriously, I don't think she walked home from Hammersmith, it's too far espc as she was walking with a stick that night.

oh god, :roftl: your dad is sure something ain't he :naughty:

my dad's lived quite a life, he's got a few tricks up his sleeves :naughty:

(btw, i started a yasmine appreciation thread last night! go look in the chinwag section!)

Seriously, I don't think she walked home from Hammersmith, it's too far espc as she was walking with a stick that night.

well you are a bunch of weirdos :bleh: (love you :wub2:)

espc? and she was walking with a STICK? Like...a walking stick?!

Okay, so people saw Mama Penniman at Shepherds Bush and Hammersmith, both concerts which I went to, yet never saw her. Whyyyyy?

(pffft - i suppose it's a bit like my luck trying to meet Mika :sneaky2:)

We hung around for ages afterwards.

Kata and I were sitting on one of those stone things and two guys went past and one said 'see you tomorrow' to us, we turned round and it was Martin. How have we become so predictable?:naughty:

We hung around for ages afterwards.

Kata and I were sitting on one of those stone things and two guys went past and one said 'see you tomorrow' to us, we turned round and it was Martin. How have we become so predictable?:naughty:

ahhhh so the trick is to linger....in danger of looking like a stalker. gotcha! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Oh Babs you're a fan and you know it :biggrin2:

On the subject of putting a hand on the barriers--I never know how to act with that, because whenever I end up in 2nd row, I like to rest my hand on the barrier for support and also because people tend to push from behind and it gives you something to hold on to and keep your place. But I'm always worried that the people in front row will think (and sometimes I'm sure they do) that I intend to push in between them, when all I want to do is just steady myself a bit.

--Jack

On the subject of putting a hand on the barriers--I never know how to act with that, because whenever I end up in 2nd row, I like to rest my hand on the barrier for support and also because people tend to push from behind and it gives you something to hold on to and keep your place. But I'm always worried that the people in front row will think (and sometimes I'm sure they do) that I intend to push in between them, when all I want to do is just steady myself a bit.

--Jack

true, you have a point, but these were "pusher - inners". It could have been for support, but from their actions and behaviour it tends to scream something else.

Maybe it's cause I'm Mika's clothes designer now:roftl: :roftl: JUST KIDDING before I get linched!! It's a joke people!!:naughty:

Of course you are!:wub2:

You designed his cloths = he wears them = cloth designer!:naughty:

On a little more serious note:

I think the reason you had a normal chat with Mrs P is that you had a genuine thing to talk about.

The T-shirt.

She could place you, the girl who made the T-shirt.

As simple as that but it can be a big help to a conversation.

I the need of some alone time?

A mother can want that some times, especially after dealing with teenagers or half grown up kids!

Trust me!:wink2:

I hope she made it home safely.

i spoke to my dad about the americans/canadians/french canadians/french xDDD

i said "oh and those girls weren't french, they were american"

dad: no they were french.

me: are you sure?

dad: yes.

me: cos like, they didn't have a french accent.

dad: well they were speaking french as well.

me: were they?

me: oh...but they had an american accent

dad: no i'd recognise american.

me: or canadian accent.

dad: french canadian, I can go with that.

so they were french canadian apparently :blink:

--Jack

Well, I wouldn't blame anybody standing in row #1 expecting people from behind them to give it a go and try to overcome this only lonely row in front of them. Seems to be quite tempting, no? And I strongly believe that MOST hands of 2nd row people resting on the barrier are to be found there just to serve the purpose :naughty:

So if I were front row I'd be quite irritated by any hands from behind holding on the barrier right in front of me - unless they belonged to somebody I know and trust not to cheat that way.

i spoke to my dad about the americans/canadians/french canadians/french xDDD

i said "oh and those girls weren't french, they were american"

dad: no they were french.

me: cos like, they didn't have a french accent.

dad: well they were speaking french as well.

me: were they?

me: oh...but they had an american accent

dad: no i'd recognise american.

me: or canadian accent.

dad: french canadian, I can go with that.

Can't we just say they were RUDE girls and leave it at that, though?

I don't think it buys us anything to try to

assign the behavior to a particular nationality,

as that's clearly a generalization. Not ALL French people

behave a certain way, not ALL French Canadian people behave a

certain way. I don't think it really matters WHICH

country the rude people were from, as there are rude people in EVERY

country, city, town, village, etc. on the face of the planet.

JMO, as I'd like to see an end to all the animosity and

rivalry between the different groups that I keep running

into on this forum. :(

dcdeb <who, btw, is a blonde American and is NOT dumb :roftl: >

No, not the one I could hear. French Canadians don't have an American or Canadian anglophone accent. It's something else entirely.

Maybe an American (Canadian) girl was travelling with some girls from France and she could speak French with them...?

I'm sure the one I heard whinging to your dad was an English speaker from North America.

Well, I'm still keeping my hand there dammit!

Just queue up on time and get your ass into the front row! :sneaky2:

Not ALL French people

behave a certain way, not ALL French Canadian people behave a

certain way. I don't think it really matters WHICH

country the rude people were from, as there are rude people in EVERY

country, city, town, village, etc. on the face of the planet.

I don't think anyone was implying they're rude because they're French or French Canadian or whatever they were. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this American/French story because it's a mystery to me how we could get them mixed up. :roftl:

I'm sure they're telling their friends about that English jerk who wouldn't let them into the front row where they belonged. Or maybe their story is about an Afrikaans speaking Dutchman. :naughty:

I know that I wouldn't talk to her, because I would feel like interrupting mika's private life or sth. that's why I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to his mom either.

Oh I understand that feeling. I didn't want to ask her anything in case it sounded like digging for information. So I said the stuff other people have said - congratulating her on her family..... and I dried up a bit. And as she was filming me it was all a bit weird.

i spoke to mrs p who then filmed me which was werid ot me cos i do not like having my picture taken let alone been filmed!!! so i politely ran off to see luke laughing at me !!!

i spoke to mr p whop is lovely and was quite in awe of it all with his son he was so sweet and i was really surprised he was there as you do not see him that much ( well until then i had never seen him full stop ).

then i chatted to yasmine - told her about the mika fat club and that me and luke had just got engaged tro which she laugh and said oi i need a word with him !!!!! ha ha ???? then i asked for a picture which she said ok but no internet so i pinky swore with her and i have kept my promise

mikas mum is such a sweetheart !!!!!

and to add my 2 p. to the P. family discussion (ha ha) they were nice each time i've talked to them (Mrs P. and Yasmine, that's all) but they just looked like they didn't give a toss about what i was saying (not mean said, just that they weren't interested, but they were hiding it very well) which is normal, after all... and god knows i've never tried to have a real conversation with them...

Hi Yop

The thing is, you've already met and spoken to them both - more than once I gather.

People who haven't want to speak to them. Some may hold back because they've read that you think they don't give a toss. Some may hold back because they are shy. But they were at the party. Imagine if no-one spoke to them? My main motive for speaking was that they were standing on their own and it would have been more rude to ignore them than to try and chat.

I hope they won't watch me making fool of myself when I'm collecting the email addresses for Palladium at Hammersmith. :blush-anim-cl: Of course Andy had to be there! :sneaky2::roftl:

Oh they see everthing!!!LOL!

well i had a real good converstaion with all of them they were really noce nad was asking questions about me too !!!!!!!!

i agree ruth !

Emmylou you couldn't type the week before Doncaster either! What's wrong with you? Do you live in a freezer?

ha ha ha yeah you would not believe how cold i am!!!! i am sat with thermals on under my clothes and bed socks and ugg boots ( pink they are ) and the heating is no full wack and the electric fire is on and the blanket is on and i am still cold !! maybe my gloves will help!!!:naughty:

Well, I'm still keeping my hand there dammit!

This is my official announcement to all of MFC: I don't want to take your spot, I just want to hold on to something.

--Jack

LOL Jack! I promise you, should we ever end up at the same gig with me in front row (:lmao:) and you behind, I'd officially tolerate your hand on the barrier.

i spoke to mrs p who then filmed me which was werid ot me cos i do not like having my picture taken let alone been filmed!!! so i politely ran off to see luke laughing at me !!!

i spoke to mr p whop is lovely and was quite in awe of it all with his son he was so sweet and i was really surprised he was there as you do not see him that much ( well until then i had never seen him full stop ).

then i chatted to yasmine - told her about the mika fat club and that me and luke had just got engaged tro which she laugh and said oi i need a word with him !!!!! ha ha ???? then i asked for a picture which she said ok but no internet so i pinky swore with her and i have kept my promise

mikas mum is such a sweetheart !!!!!

So Papa P was there, too... wow, my tunnel view must have been far worse than I thought :lmao:

I saw the Mama filming, though...