A. Clay

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...Scut and I agreed on that several hours ago..:naughty:

Yeah, so I'm a little slow on the uptake. :naughty:

But yes, Your Song. That would be another good cover.

Also, did you girls see that snippet that's floating around YouTube where it looked like he was going to cover Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" on Taratata? That would have been luverly. :wub2:

Also, did you girls see that snippet that's floating around YouTube where it looked like he was going to cover Fleetwood Mac's "Everywhere" on Taratata? That would have been luverly. :wub2:

Oh no, don't get me started on Fleetwood Mac. I'm now having visions of "Landslide"...

Ha. What was in your salad, Scut? Not sleeping yet I see... :naughty:

I tried to sleep but it's so hot and stuffy. :thumbdown:

I wouldn't mind seeing a cover of Here Comes the Sun. :wub2:

Also - I've always thought that Mika's more Elton-like than Freddie-like. I'd love to hear him cover Rocket Man.

EDIT: or Your Song! That would be epic. He'd get to the line "how wonderful life is, now you're in the world..." and we'd all collectively melt into multicoloured puddles.

Oh My God, if Mika covered 'Here Comes The Sun' I would stand there transfixed and in awe. That song is my go to tune for every transition in my life. I even compare Mika to "The Sun" in that song so... if he sang it, it would be too good to be true:wub2:

I'd probably faint:blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, so I'm a little slow on the uptake. :naughty:

But yes, Your Song. That would be another good cover.

Actually I'd love him to do Fleetwood Mac's Big Love. I love that bloody song. Can just imagine him doing the grunting bit at the end. :roftl:

I have the 12" to that. Everywhere is good, but Big Love is fabulous. :wink2:

Also - I've always thought that Mika's more Elton-like than Freddie-like. I'd love to hear him cover Rocket Man.

EDIT: or Your Song! That would be epic. He'd get to the line "how wonderful life is, now you're in the world..." and we'd all collectively melt into multicoloured puddles.

I totally agree:cheers:, to me Mika was closer to Elton- eg in Stuck in the middle, that I adore:wub2:

I would so love him to sing Your Song.

Now I come to think of that, I would like him to cover Stevie Wonder Superstition

We might as well rename this "The Cover Song Fantasies Thread". :naughty:

Actually I might as well start one and quote all of your posts so far.

lol your right, this thread has gotten so off topic!! haha, but i am SOOOOOO excited for the next album, i'm excited to hear his new ORIGINAL songs wayyyy more than any covers of other songs!! <333

I wouldn't mind seeing a cover of Here Comes the Sun. :wub2:

Funny you should say that he's more like Elton. I heard my favourite Elton song, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' a while back, and thought, I'd love to hear Mika sing it. It's not an easy song because it suddenly jumps up high, and you have to nail the note or it doesn't sound right, but Mika could nail it easily!!

In the Irish star, they had another Mika article about his new albm, all he said was that he hopes it will be done by the end of this year!!!!:D I hope its true, also he said the usual he is under a lot of pressure and said "expect the unexpected" ....:D excitement!!!!:bleh:

oh lordy. how this thread excites me soo! lol

i'm sooo looking forward to another album. MIka is an amazing songwriter.

he's definately got a lot of stress on him though. Because unlike..about 90% of popular artists, he writes his own songs. lol. He'll do great though. I just hope he doesn't try to make an album like LICM. LICM motion was fabulous..but he's in a different place now. His music must evolve just like he has. Can't wait. it'll be amazing.:biggrin2:

Ummm, why should you be sorry that you started the thread? You posted a piece of news, there's nothing wrong with that. :blink:

It's kind of a JOKE!

I thought if MIKA read it, he'd be havin' a LAFF!

ththl_44090b55c3dfcb6eb8b333d74b145.gif

Can't wait :)

I'm sure his next album will be great!

And it's fantastic that he writes his own songs! most of the artists just sing what others wrote.

everything that mika writes is great :) and I love it when he plays the piano! mika's fantastic :blush-anim-cl:

It's kind of a JOKE!

I thought if MIKA read it, he'd be havin' a LAFF!

He would be Alice, and he'll be so happy his fans care so much, and believe in him. I don't think his new album could possibly fail. Mika writes the most amazing songs ever, and I bet we'll get some more fantastic characters to add to Mika's wonderful world. I can't wait, but I will TRY to be patient!