What's your first ever gig and record ??

My first ever record...I can't really remember. But it was probably something like the Spice Girls or the Backstreet Boys.

As for my first ever concert...I am honoured to say that MIKA was my first ever concert. On January 29/08 all of my dreams came true...when I got to see Mika in person, in concert!!! After the show, I had the chance to give him my present...

Let me explain...

In the "Live in Cartoon Motion" DVD, Mika talks about "The Fingertips Song" (I'm sure you know all about it). So I was shopping the Monday before the concert and I saw these squishy, stretchy toy body parts. I thought to myself, "those are for Mika". So after the Kool Haus concert, Mika came out to greet us fans and talked to us (the group of fans near his van) for a bit. Even though I was towards the back of the crowd, I said my "excuse me's" to get closer. I was so nervous because he was right there and well I was speechless out of sheer excitement and joy of Mika being that close. I leaned over a few people to hand Mika the gift and said, "Mika...in honour of The Fingertips Song". And he must have been busy talking with other people because when he took the gift he said something along the lines of "what are these?". But then he looked at them for a couple seconds, realized what I meant/what they were and he said they were "brilliant". I just about about died with excitement!!! He had the biggest, most adorable smile on his face when he said it!!! I can't stop talking about that night!!!He makes me giddy *swoon*

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so for those of you who were reminiscing about New Kids on the Block... I just heard they're going to reunite for a tv show appearance on Friday. Apparently it's their - gulp - 20th anniversary.

20 years ago... that would put me at 13 - prime NKOTB fan age. :punk:

Ok, so for those of you who were reminiscing about New Kids on the Block... I just heard they're going to reunite for a tv show appearance on Friday. Apparently it's their - gulp - 20th anniversary.

20 years ago... that would put me at 13 - prime NKOTB fan age. :punk:

I would def go see them again if they did a reunited tour...

Ok, now this is funny (at least it is to me!). This wasn't my first concert, but it was one of my first...

I was just doing a little spring cleaning, and I found some pictures that I thought I threw out many many years ago.

Back in the late 80's I thought "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx was soooo romantic... right up there with "I'll Be There For You" by Bon Jovi. :naughty: :naughty:

So when Richard Marx came to the concert stage at Canada's Wonderland, I made sure I was right there in the front row. I was about 14 years old I think. When I got my pictures developed (no digital cameras back then!) I was SOO excited to see that these pictures turned out. This is so embarrassing and so funny!

RM1989.jpg

RM21989.jpg

oh man....... i feel old! (well i guess i am!)

my first concert was Supertramp! tickets were my sweet 16 birthday gift from my boyfriend ;o) oh by the way... he is my husband now :wub2:

awwwwww that is sooo sweet i love married couples that were high school sweet hearts i find that adorable

My first real concert was Shakira and my first record was Spice World by the Spice Girls :boxed: , Daaamnn , can I be any more gay ?

:roftl: yesss!! of course you can! was your last gig mika? do you have all the cds of madonna, barbara streisand, celine dion and is dolly parton your idol?and do you avoid (hetero)rock and roll?:naughty: easy .

i love clichés they are so real ...

:roftl: yesss!! of course you can! was your last gig mika? do you have all the cds of madonna, barbara streisand, celine dion and is dolly parton your idol?and do you avoid (hetero)rock and roll?:naughty: easy .

i love clichés they are so real ...

I haven't been on a Mika gig, I ADORE MADONNA and Celine ! I dont like hetero rock

:shocked: OH MY ! CAN I BE EVEN MORE GAY ? :shocked:

First gig: Lou Reed (you might need to find him on wikipedia:wink2:) 1974 (support act Split Enz)

First record: Harry Nilsson's Nilsson Schmilsson. 1972. I kid you not.:wheelchair:

New Kids on the Block was my very first concert in 1989 and I cannot BELEIVE that they are about to reunite for a tour!!!!!!!! Everybody get out your :old: and hop on the band wagon! We's a goin' to see a show! :naughty:

Ohh dear showing my age here :naughty:

YOUR age? OMG, you guys are KILLING me! :naughty:

First record -- Bobby Sherman, Julie Do Ya Love Me? It was 1968ish, I was

about 8. Bobby Sherman was like the Zac Efron of his day.:wub2:

I cannot believe there is a YouTube video of this :shocked:

My first real gig wasn't until 1975 when I was 15 -- Elton John. :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb

• 3 months later...

Sorry, HAD to bring this up again!

It's so funny...my first ever gig was Wet Wet Wet with my mum...second gig was a few weeks after and I was alone...it was Bon Jovi! :naughty:

I was 14 I think? 1994

And my first record I bought was Big Ones from Aerosmith.

I have been a huge Metal Fan, been a goth in my past hahahaha:naughty::punk:

But I've calmed down and got old:shocked: and now I adore Mika :bleh: