Mika beefs up security after threatening letters

lcmlcm

I would have thought that a bodyguard who talks to newspapers is not one that should continue to be in the employ of the person he is protecting.

How does it help to tell the papers the details? That only sensationalizes the whole thing and gives the threatening person the satisfaction of having been taken seriously.

If indeed there have been threats, wouldn't you assume protection provided without the side conversations would be more prudent??

Now other papers and interviewers are asking Mika the questions about the letters or whatever, and the incident is probably getting blown out of all proportion.

One of my close family members (a bit of a public figure) had to get protection at one stage, and getting threatened by a psycho isn't something you really want to advertise....:thumbdown:

I totally agree with your point about the security guy, I posted about that earlier. If he's protecting Mika he shoudn't be talking to newspapers, that's the job of the press office and if they don't say anything neither should he. As you say, if they keep it quiet it doesn't pander to the person who is sending the letters, hence them not getting the attention they want.

And the Daily Mirror is the sister paper of the Sunday Mirror, which published the original story.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm I totally agree!! On the jokey side are we talking to the rich and famous on here now?? lol

Nah, he is just well known in his field in the country where he lives. Stalkers are not only reserved for rich and famous, though, as I am sure we all know. :mf_rosetinted:

I find unbelievable a simil behaviour from a Mika's security agent{that would probably cause his ousting} more probably the tabloid got the info from another source, and then added "the bodyguard said" to make the news more credible

Mika is desperately trying to heed his own advice and Relax, Take It Easy after attracting some disturbing stalkers.

Apparently the 24-year-old crooner has been forced to step up security after receiving some dodgy death threats from over-zealous fans.

But the Grace Kelly star seems determined to put on a brave face, insisting: "I'm absolutely fine - don't worry about me - I'm not scared."

In fact, far from shying away, he's promising to be much more flamboyant. "I want to make my shows even more dramatic," he told us

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/2008/03/22/mika-ups-security-after-receiving-death-threats-from-over-zealous-fans-89520-20358656/

:biggrin2:

Thanks for posting that!

Silly over-zealous fans :mf_rosetinted:

I find unbelievable a simil behaviour from a Mika's security agent{that would probably cause his ousting} more probably the tabloid got the info from another source, and then added "the bodyguard said" to make the news more credible

*nods*

Or the tabloid didn't get any info at all and just speculated... wouldn't be the first time :thumbdown:

:punk: :punk: QUOTE]

im gettin bored MAN:punk: :thumb_yello::thumbdown:

OK I am really really really sorry for that post - that was my little annoying borther, and I have only just found it! So so so sorry! God, I am going to kill him when I find him !!!

OK I am really really really sorry for that post - that was my little annoying borther, and I have only just found it! So so so sorry! God, I am going to kill him when I find him !!!

:roftl::roftl:

he better watch out :fisch:

:lmfao: :lmfao: wonder where else he posted.. :fisch:

*nods*

Or the tabloid didn't get any info at all and just speculated... wouldn't be the first time :thumbdown:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking.... They always say "a close friend says" or "a source close to whoever has revealed that"....

Tabloids can't be trusted... But I'm not saying the whole Mika-gets-a-security-guard thing isn't true....you just never know

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Yeah, this is what I was thinking.... They always say "a close friend says" or "a source close to whoever has revealed that"....

Tabloids can't be trusted... But I'm not saying the whole Mika-gets-a-security-guard thing isn't true....you just never know

Indeed, you never know. I don't put the fact he got a bodyguard into question. I'm actually surprised he didn't get one before.

But since he had said a couple of months ago that he hag received death threads, that tabloid might very well have "recycled" this info to justify the presence of a bodyguard now... I do not trust them at all... I've dealt with journalists in the past, I know how easily they disform the truth, even serious national newspapers.:thumbdown:

Indeed, you never know. I don't put the fact he got a bodyguard into question. I'm actually surprised he didn't get one before.

But since he had said a couple of months ago that he hag received death threads, that tabloid might very well have "recycled" this info to justify the presence of a bodyguard now... I do not trust them at all... I've dealt with journalists in the past, I know how easily they disform the truth, even serious national newspapers.:thumbdown:

Yeah that makes complete sense.. I didn't know he had received death threats! :shocked:

Wow I thought national newspapers could be trusted.....it's scary the power that the media has...

Yeah that makes complete sense.. I didn't know he had received death threats! :shocked:

Wow I thought national newspapers could be trusted.....it's scary the power that the media has...

I was surprised too... but once you live the situation, you understand their power indeed. They're also capable of anything... like sneaking into the intensive care unit to take pics of agonising people, or calling you at 5AM to try to get info. And then, they make a lovely reportage, showing images that have nothing to do with the event, and announce people are dead when they're not yet.

Lovely people, these journalists. At least some of them, cause I'm sure some are alright.

I was surprised too... but once you live the situation, you understand their power indeed. They're also capable of anything... like sneaking into the intensive care unit to take pics of agonising people, or calling you at 5AM to try to get info. And then, they make a lovely reportage, showing images that have nothing to do with the event, and announce people are dead when they're not yet.

Lovely people, these journalists. At least some of them, cause I'm sure some are alright.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

wow, it really is awful....You obviously have had personal experience with this, I'm sorry for that!! Yeah it's like anything, there are always bad eggs among the lot. I have a friend who's a journalist and is the loveliest person. But I can imagine their bosses have certain expectations, and if they don't get the story, they're out. However, I'm a strong believer in the fact that one ALWAYS has a choice.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

wow, it really is awful....You obviously have had personal experience with this, I'm sorry for that!! Yeah it's like anything, there are always bad eggs among the lot. I have a friend who's a journalist and is the loveliest person. But I can imagine their bosses have certain expectations, and if they don't get the story, they're out. However, I'm a strong believer in the fact that one ALWAYS has a choice.

Oh yes, some are defo alright ... my bro is a journalist, lol :biggrin2: But still, my point is: do not believe everything papers say, especially "papers" like the Sun or the Daily Star. I'm sure Mika's fine. :mf_rosetinted:

I like the way he's like "I'm not scared."

It reminds me of this kid I babysat. He would be like "PSHH, I'm not scared!", but as soon as something happened, like a thunderstorm or something, he'd go into a panic attack.

I like the way he's like "I'm not scared."

It reminds me of this kid I babysat. He would be like "PSHH, I'm not scared!", but as soon as something happened, like a thunderstorm or something, he'd go into a panic attack.

awwwwwh!

do u think that Mika is actually sh*tting in but putting a brave face on? I imagine it must be scary....but I hope having a security guard helps him not to worry

Pop singer MIKA has been forced to step up security after receiving death threats from fans. But the Grace Kelly hitmaker is adamant he is not scared by the threats and vows to be even more flamboyant. He says, "I'm absolutely fine - I'm not scared. "I want to make my shows even more dramatic."

22/03/2008 01:57

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20unfazed%20by%20death%20threats_1063327

:roftl::roftl:

he better watch out :fisch:

he had!!! i gave him a good telling off!!!

:lmfao: :lmfao: wonder where else he posted.. :fisch:

hmmm....good point!!! i'd better scour the threads - but hey - i dont mind looking through some more Mika threads!! Who would?

Yikes. They really will do anything for a story. Photographers are almost more brutal. Like the paps who will go anywhere and take pictures of anything and anyone. They have no boundaries. *sigh* I was a journalism major for a little while in college. But I just didn't have what it took to go out there and get a story. I'd be like, "Well, what if he doesn't want me to interview him?" or "I don't want to bother this person, so I won't ask them any questions." :roftl:

However, I'm a strong believer in the fact that one ALWAYS has a choice.

Yes!! That is the brilliant part about being human. We can think, and have choices. However, many people make the wrong choices and don't think how they affect other people. (Actually, I think that's a big problem. A lot of people just don't think enough.)

Pop singer MIKA has been forced to step up security after receiving death threats from fans. But the Grace Kelly hitmaker is adamant he is not scared by the threats and vows to be even more flamboyant. He says, "I'm absolutely fine - I'm not scared. "I want to make my shows even more dramatic."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/mika%20unfazed%20by%20death%20threats_1063327

Okay the sentence "MIKA has been forced to step up security after receiving death threats from fans" is a bit odd. No real fan would send Mika death threats. It's a crazy non-fan more likely.

Regardless of how serious the situation is, I do feel sorry for Mika. Maybe that's why he was out-of-sorts at the Capital Awards. (Haha, or more likely he was just tired.) Anyways, Mika, keep doing what you're doing, because we love you for it. And make sure your security guard is really big and tough, because I work retail and I know how many crazy people there are in this world! :cool:

Death Threats from fans? May I ask a question?

WHAT KIND OF FANS SEND DEATH THREATS???!!!:shocked::boxed: