2008 - Mika @ The Capital Radio Awards

Becky

He threw the all of the L O V E letters into the audience.

Here's L's adventures. :mf_rosetinted:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6913

*reading L adventures* OMG, that's hilarious!! So...wait...did he just have the letters for one show, or did Mika keep having to make the L-O-V-E letters for every show?

Haha, someday I'll catch up and learn everything that happened last year when I was living under my rock. :naughty:

He had the same letters at each show, Somerset House was the last in July 07. Then they threw them all to the audience. Only L has ever shown up.

Mika said that a friend of his told him that he had seen the L on the tube at Kings Cross the day after Somerset House. (this was true)

The L O V E letters starred in the Love Today video.

Poor old L. Still looking for a job!:mf_rosetinted:

He had the same letters at each show, Somerset House was the last in July 07. Then they threw them all to the audience. Only L has ever shown up.

Mika said that a friend of his told him that he had seen the L on the tube at Kings Cross the day after Somerset House. (this was true)

The L O V E letters starred in the Love Today video.

Poor old L. Still looking for a job!:mf_rosetinted:

So do you have the L? Sorry if I am misundertsanding!

Sorry, I can only record it in .ivr format which has to be played on RealPlayer. I can't upload it to YouTube. (Well they deleted my account anyway...:thumbdown: )

Here's a transcript:

What are you up to at the moment? Have you had much of a chance for a break yet?

Uhhh...well, kind of. I just thought...what am I going to do? Am I going to go off and do one big long expensive holiday and waste a lot of money or am I...?

Instead I just kind of stayed in London and I'm doing my thing. I'm writing, I'm demoing a lot of songs that I've never had a chance to demo in the past year. And seeing a lot of things that inspire me.

You know, going to see shows. A lot of theatre. I saw a lot of, like, weird experimental visual theatre. Steal as many ideas as I possibly can.

Are they going to be on the videos for the second album?

Or my next show, yeah. It's gotta come from somewhere.

When can we expect the next album?

When it's finished. I mean I've already started it, you know. And I certainly intend on releasing it when it's ready...when it's finished.

Do you feel pressure, obviously the first album did so well?

Well there's always that. When you do things like this, you know. When I first started I was a bit of a crazy experiment. I was this kid that they signed and I had done a lot of it on my own. No one really knew what was going to happen.

But now I've got a big pound sign kind of stamped on my forehead. But I'm certainly not going to let that distract me in any way. As far as I'm concerned I'm just doing the same thing that I was always doing. It's got to come from the same place. Otherwise you've sold your soul.

It's always a challenge, the next one isn't it? The follow up album...

Yeah, it is, but luckily I got to make the first album on my terms with my own songs. Everything from the visual aesthetic to the co-production that I did, it was my own terms.

I think it's really hard if someone else does it for you and then you've got to do it all over again.

Thk u so much for the transcript Christine! This time he was talking faster and less clearly than usual and it was difficult for me to understand him well

Ah, thank you! That was :punk:. He really should bring back the bubble machine--I love it :roftl: And did he really throw the "O" of "L-O-V-E" into the audience? That's amazing. :naughty: And so cool to see how songs and performances evolve over the months of touring.

Yes, thanks to Babs they're all in one place. :biggrin2:

The O landed by me, but I couldn't take it as I was staying in a hostel and going back home on a coach. If I'd bought my van, I'd have had it though.

That's what I said too. His accent seemed a lot stronger than usual and I had to listen to the video more than once to understand him.
Oh! that means my English is not so bad then! Could it depend on the fact that he was in the States for a few days and therefore took the accent and the way of speaking of the people he was with (as he says it happens to him) or maybe was he just tired?

Avoca, thanks so much for sharing that link to your gallery.

Am currently going through and nicking pics I've never seen before.

:)

Your a star.

*Hugs*

it's all right, my pleasure. :thumb_yello: it's just I am online SO little these days, it's faster for me to upload all pics on my gallery via ftp, than upload them one by one on image hosting sites and then upload them here. since it's a few of them. :wink2:

I think he should really be proud of receiving this award, because as far as I remember, for years it was George Michael Capital Radio listeners voted as best male singer in the UK, then it was Robbie Williams for a decade or so -with GM reclaiming it for one year only... .

I think this year was a relatively easy win with Robbie not being around, but I sincerely hope he will be the one voted for most years in the next 2 decades...:thumb_yello:

just posting to say 'well done' to Mika...i'm so proud of you lad!:thumb_yello:

you so deserve any prize you are getting these days, each one of them, and more!! :blush-anim-cl:

thanks to all ppl posting pics and links...i'll go through them as soon as i can....:wub2:

He realy is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one question does he have any concerts next year in YORKSHIRE (england)?

And does anyone know when his new album is coming out?

he deserves these awards

Alex

He has not announced any UK dates yet, and the release of his album

has not been announced yet either. Sorry! :thumb_yello:

any chance of him coming to oxegen again? or even playing in ireland any time soon??:wink2:

The only confirmed concerts/appearances we know of at the moment is what's on his myspace page :wink2:

Anything that comes up will be posted in the Concerts, Gigs etc section..

And welcome to the MFC! :thumb_yello: