What Does Mika Smell Life, For Those Who Met Him?

lifeinmika

I just realised how freaking weird this thread is...:roftl:

Honestly, I don't think it's all that weird - especially compared with some of the other threads that crop up around here.

Smell is part of attraction, and a lot of people here find Mika attractive. It's pretty basic, IMHO.

It may be a bit weird, but it's really nothing compared to a lot of other stuff. After all, the boy's got TV reporters asking him what he wears to bed. :bleh:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I don't think it's all that weird - especially compared with some of the other threads that crop up around here.

Smell is part of attraction, and a lot of people here find Mika attractive. It's pretty basic, IMHO.

It may be a bit weird, but it's really nothing compared to a lot of other stuff. After all, the boy's got TV reporters asking him what he wears to bed. :bleh:

that interview was WEIRD! it was so awkward. :shocked:

but then again this thread itself is weird and awkward. :naughty:

Other than the times that one can actually smell bad, body odour, most people aren't smelling the actual person. When I hug my kids, hubby, and close friends, I normally associate their scent with a perfume/cologne, scented lotion, the shampoo I can smell in their hair, and laundry detergent/fabric softener on their clothes.

Before I was married, and I was dating my husband, I was attracted to his fresh scent, but only because I realized later that it was his mother always making sure he had always had clean and laundered clothes. It was really the fabric softener I was attracted too. :naughty:

I don't even think I know what my husband actually smells like.:blink: Which is probably a good thing. So much for the science of pheremones... If it works, then I don't even know it :naughty:

***EDIT*** - Don't forget I wrote "Other than the times once can actually smell bad body odour..." I've smelled some pretty strong locker room/hockey equipment around here and sweaty baseball caps...:naughty:

Smelling him (or anyone else that I meet) has never been on my priority list...I find it a bit weird, relly, like touching his hair, or even (IMO!! so please don't jump on me here) like asking him for hugs and/or kisses.

Touchin is naked sweaty chest is a different story, right? :roftl:

I personally don't walk up to a stranger at a bus stop and sniff them or ask them for a hug. (But that's just me... trust me, I know touchy-feely people who would do it.) That's what Mika is: a virtual stranger, so I personally wouldn't sniff him or ask him for a hug. Some (lucky) people have gotten to meet him up to a dozen times... but I don't think that changes anything significantly, he's still is a stranger for the most part IMO. So when I read a thread like this I think: "I really don't get the point". But that's just because it doesn't fit in with my individual character, so I won't judge others. But I will still continue thinking: "wtf?" in my head.

I sniff babies, because ... I don't know, they smell gorgeous :blink:

As for this thread, oh well, instead of being philosophical about it I rather play along. It makes you relax ;)

I don't even think I know what my husband actually smells like.:blink: Which is probably a good thing. :naughty:

I wonder how your husband would take this quote.. out of context :roftl:

I wonder how your husband would take this quote.. out of context :roftl:

***EDIT*** - Don't forget I wrote "Other than the times once can actually smell bad body odour..." I've smelled some pretty strong locker room/hockey equipment around here and sweaty baseball caps...:naughty:

As for this thread, oh well, instead of being philosophical about it I rather play along. It makes you relax ;)

I tried to avoid saying anything philosophical and was happy to just make occasional sarcastic remarks to amuse myself but I was tempted by Sariflor's post. :naughty:

I tried to avoid saying anything philosophical and was happy to just make occasional sarcastic remarks to amuse myself but I was tempted by Sariflor's post. :naughty:

You cant fight your true nature :roftl:

Moreover, I must admit it's quite tempting... I had given it a try earlier on but people actually thought I was serious so I decided to stop before having to ban myself :mf_rosetinted:

Normally this would sound sooooo strange lol... BUT I WAS ALL UP IN MIKA'S ARMPIT:wub2:

SEE!

1-1.jpg

HE SMELLED AMAZING! MY COUSIN MET HIM AFTER ME, AND SAID THAT MY PERFUME HAD RUBBED OFF ON HIM APPARANTLY :blush-anim-cl: *SIGH*

It does sound strange indeed:naughty: Cool that your perfume rubbed off on Mister M. Guess you did it so he would remember you everytime he smells that perfume:naughty: :thumb_yello:

Actually, I think it is the same topic. I wasn't going to say anything before but since you've broached on what I've been thinking so far I might as well say it...

I personally don't walk up to a stranger at a bus stop and sniff them or ask them for a hug. (But that's just me... trust me, I know touchy-feely people who would do it.) That's what Mika is: a virtual stranger, so I personally wouldn't sniff him or ask him for a hug. Some (lucky) people have gotten to meet him up to a dozen times... but I don't think that changes anything significantly, he's still is a stranger for the most part IMO. So when I read a thread like this I think: "I really don't get the point". But that's just because it doesn't fit in with my individual character, so I won't judge others. But I will still continue thinking: "wtf?" in my head.

I totally agree!

He IS a stranger to us, and we are strangers to him; Normally one doesn't go around asking strangers for hugs or giving them...Which brings me to the next point.

When people ask him or give him a hug, it's not exactly "willing" or spontaneous, right? So what value does that hug have?

IMO, none, because it's not a gesture that can be born from any real feeling, so I'd rather not get it.

If I get a hug, I want it to mean something.

And this applies to everyone, not just to Mika. If someone doesn't really want to hug me, I'd rather they don't.

At one Mika gig this winter I saw a girl throw herself at a poor Mika who clearly didn't really, "really" feel like hugging her, and she just opened her arms very wide and stood there in front of him. Obviously, he "hugged" her. What's the point of that, I say?

It was clear for anyone to see that he felt ackward about it, and that he wasn't even dreaming of initiating any sort of "hugging activity" with her, he just did it cause it would have been very embarrassing for her if he hadn't, as she was already half way hugging him...

Quite frankly, I'd rather not do that.

But again, it appears that others see this differently, so hey, what can you do.

Accept and all that jazz:naughty:.

It may be a bit weird, but it's really nothing compared to a lot of other stuff. After all, the boy's got TV reporters asking him what he wears to bed.

He should answer that a la Marilyn Monroe, and that would answer the 2 questions then:roftl:.

Touchin is naked sweaty chest is a different story, right? :roftl:

Ahem...:blush-anim-cl::roftl: I thought that we'd established that it was an accident!!! And I took my hand away the minute I realised the patheticness of it:sneaky2:

I sniff babies, because ... I don't know, they smell gorgeous

I sniff puppies instead of babies for the same reason!!

Moreover, I must admit it's quite tempting... I had given it a try earlier on but people actually thought I was serious so I decided to stop before having to ban myself :mf_rosetinted:

I think that we should continue the game,hehe........

that interview was WEIRD! it was so awkward. :shocked:

but then again this thread itself is weird and awkward. :naughty:

wat interview :blush-anim-cl:

sry, no contribution to the thread, as i never met him and don't intend to erm sniff him lol. i'm with sariflor and scut on this one!

You cant fight your true nature :roftl:

really? who thought you were serious? :blink:

Well I've met him and I didn't really smell him. I think that's weird. Plus, I'm not much of a touchy feeling person so I really didn't that close to him. He didn't smell overly good or bad though because I didn't notice it from where I was standing.

Normally one doesn't go around asking strangers for hugs or giving them...

But I know people who do do that... they even started a "free hugs" initiative to "spread love and brotherhood around". :roftl: In their case it's a matter of their personality/culture. The only thing that I don't get is when people step outside of their "normal" behaviour and treat pop stars in a manner different to how they would treat any other person.

He should answer that a la Marilyn Monroe, and that would answer the 2 questions then:roftl:.

:roftl:

I know some people find this thread a bit creepy and I can see why.

It's just, I've participated in this thread because I am a "smell person" and love perfumes/colognes/soaps...whatever the scent may be.

Whenever I can smell someone's scent (whether it be perfume, cologne...whatever) I like to know what it is, not in a creepy way but in the "hmm...that smells good, I would like to buy that perfume for myself" kind of way.

So, whether it be the man I stood behind in line at the store, the lady at the bus stop or...Mika...I don't go around sniffing them, but I do note what scents people wear because I'm just that type of person.

But I know people who do do that... they even started a "free hugs" initiative to "spread love and brotherhood around". :roftl: In their case it's a matter of their personality/culture. The only thing that I don't get is when people step outside of their "normal" behaviour and treat pop stars in a manner different to how they would treat any other person.

The free hugs for exams people at caulfield station freaked me out last semester... I went to all lengths to avoid them. I'm not a stranger hugging person.

Or a sniffing people person either

In my hometown they seem to have started a new tradition:

Around Valentine's day there is a group of people in the centrum dressed up as bears and they come to ask if you would like to have a hug. :roftl:

I thought he smelt normal... =/

But then there was this like big old little metal fence thing between us, and i was more focused on giving him the quilt and stuff, and im not very good with like how stuff smells and stuff, but yeah, i thought he smelt normal xD

well next time he comes to tea I am just gonna come right out and ask him, well I;ll first try to sneak a sniff of his wiff...then I'll just pass it off as having a really bad ENT problem :newyear: then ..... I'll get arrested for being of the dodgy sort who goes round sniffing people, but hey... it takes all sorts.