MFC - Officialness Update

I think they signed the papers before your funny posts :fisch::thumb_yello:

:naughty: Yes Freddie actually mentioned this a few days ago but his post seems to have been missed by quite a few people so I'm glad that lollipop_monkey opened this thread.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the official message is going to contain but whether it's huge or relatively minor I hope that people won't feel disappointed. I think it's pretty incredible that we have gone from Wendi collecting signatures to Jerry/Mika taking charge in a matter of just a few months.

Whether particular perks and changes come next week or somewhere farther down the line, I would think the change of ownership means that Mika and his management are committed to MFC and I think that's what we were all hoping for when we decided we wanted official recognition. :thumb_yello:

exactly! nicely put:thumb_yello:

I don't know what the official message is going to contain but whether it's huge or relatively minor I hope that people won't feel disappointed. I think it's pretty incredible that we have gone from Wendi collecting signatures to Jerry/Mika taking charge in a matter of just a few months.

Whether particular perks and changes come next week or somewhere farther down the line, I would think the change of ownership means that Mika and his management are committed to MFC and I think that's what we were all hoping for when we decided we wanted official recognition. :thumb_yello:

I very much agree with you here :thumb_yello: We may just get a short message from them, but it's still a nice feeling to have that the MFC is properly official

So this site is now owned by Mika/Jerry.

I hope they take good care of their little MFC. :wink2:

But basically if the site is now owned by Mika's team, it really means we are ALREADY his official fan club site, whether they post a message saying that or not.

Well, I have to say if we became "official" but absolutely nothing changes, then there's really no point. I am hoping for something--even if it's an occasional post by them--otherwise why go to all the trouble of making us official?

Well, I have to say if we became "official" but absolutely nothing changes, then there's really no point. I am hoping for something--even if it's an occasional post by them--otherwise why go to all the trouble of making us official?

We've already seen some things starting to happen in London so I'm quite confident that Jerry/Mika overseeing MFC is going to be beneficial to members in a tangible way.

Like everyone else I'm just waiting to hear about the details...but personally I'm in no great rush. I'm just glad that MFC has seen a change of ownership and things are moving forward.

We've already seen some things starting to happen in London so I'm quite confident that Jerry/Mika overseeing MFC is going to be beneficial to members in a tangible way.

Like everyone else I'm just waiting to hear about the details...but personally I'm in no great rush. I'm just glad that MFC has seen a change of ownership and things are moving forward.

:blink: What happened in London? I'm behind..

:blink: What happened in London? I'm behind..

We were having problems with security letting us into the venue in a fair way so Freddie was able to work with Mika's managers and security so that things ran as smoothly as possible.

There were wristbands for a fan after party handed out in quite a haphazard manner so Mika made sure that a couple of MFC members (Avoca and Allegra) got some additional wristbands into the hands of other MFC members so just about everyone from MFC could attend the party.

Oh and John made sure we all got hot chocolate and donuts in the queue. :biggrin2:

thanks for the thread and update.

as i already said, only thinking that mika owns this place, and that he loves this fanclub to the point of owning it and make it grow...all this fills my heart with enough joy.

i hope i can have the benefit to thank mika personally...........:wink2:

and that we MFc and him can live this great adventure together fo many a year!

i love you mika, and i love mfc :wub2:

thanks for the thread and update.

as i already said, only thinking that mika owns this place, and that he loves this fanclub to the point of owning it and make it grow...all this fills my heart with enough joy.

i hope i can have the benefit to thank mika personally...........:wink2:

and that we MFc and him can live this great adventure together fo many a year!

i love you mika, and i love mfc :wub2:

Aw, that post just filled my heart :wub2:

I agree with you Robertina

Hi fellow MFCers,

We realize that you've all been waiting forever for news about MFC becoming Mika's official fan club.

Like all good things, there was a mountain of paperwork involved, and some to-ing and fro-ing across the Atlantic between Deano and Jerry (Mika's manager). However, the paperwork has been signed and we can indeed confirm that ownership of MikaFanClub.com has changed from Deano to Jerry/Mika. We're one big step closer! :yay:

At this point, we're not sure what this will mean for MFC. We don't know if there will be any perks or changes that come as a result, or if/when they may come. Jerry and his people are finalizing all the details regarding that, and MFCers will be updated as soon as everything is sorted out.

As they say, the waiting is the hardest part. It's clearly no fun to be told that news will come on a specific day only to have the day go by with no news - so we're not going to target specific dates for further information. All we can say is that any extra details may be announced once everything has been sorted out. Unfortunately, until such an announcement is made, we can't really say anything beyond that.

We know a lot of people have been on the edge of their seats waiting to see what this will mean, and it's been a much longer road than we originally thought. Your patience is appreciated.

Go MFC! :punk:

Thanks for the update, all your & the MFC team affords are very much appriciated :huglove:

Yes indeed, Christine! :)

:naughty: Yes Freddie actually mentioned this a few days ago but his post seems to have been missed by quite a few people so I'm glad that lollipop_monkey opened this thread.

Yes, when she and I talked about this last night, I was surprised to discover

how few people had actually read FD's post from the other day. She

figured that we needed a separate thread to clarify things, and I can

see she was right! :thumb_yello: So this can be like our "Waiting for

Godot" thread... Although, unlike Godot, our news WILL eventually

arrive :naughty:

dcdeb

But basically if the site is now owned by Mika's team, it really means we are ALREADY his official fan club site, whether they post a message saying that or not.

Everyone thinks big things will happen...but....

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, I think the message will just say

Hi guys! Thank you for your patience as we got the technical stuff sorted out here.

We would just like to announce that MFC is now THE official fan club for Mika.

Thanks for all your support and see you in the summer!

Love Mika and the team

And then for about 200 pages people will complain that a short message is all we got.:naughty::naughty: And whinge about the lack of bonuses/benefits/secret gigs/ and that we never get any answer about these things,

and we will all declare this THE GREAT MFC AC (anti-climax.):newyear:

:naughty: you are probably the MFC future telling persons :naughty: I guess once we get "the" announcement I shall avoid the winging about it threads then, :naughty: I mean what's the point in moaning about it, it was fine before we were official and if it is just the "official" tag we get, then that's fine...it's not like my arm just blew up or something lol.

We were having problems with security letting us into the venue in a fair way so Freddie was able to work with Mika's managers and security so that things ran as smoothly as possible.

There were wristbands for a fan after party handed out in quite a haphazard manner so Mika made sure that a couple of MFC members (Avoca and Allegra) got some additional wristbands into the hands of other MFC members so just about everyone from MFC could attend the party.

Oh and John made sure we all got hot chocolate and donuts in the queue. :biggrin2:

I didn't get one!:tears: :tears: I WILL get over it one day!!!

Anyway random but.......................

71-1.jpg

oooh this is so exciting!! if Mika owns this though despite him not being a member (or is he?!!) then he'll be able to see everything, such as birthday threads etc...then again I guess you guys have more pressing things to worry about!

Everyone thinks big things will happen...but....

I don't want to be a wet blanket here, I think the message will just say

Hi guys! Thank you for your patience as we got the technical stuff sorted out here.

We would just like to announce that MFC is now THE official fan club for Mika.

Thanks for all your support and see you in the summer!

Love Mika and the team

And then for about 200 pages people will complain that a short message is all we got.:naughty::naughty: And whinge about the lack of bonuses/benefits/secret gigs/ and that we never get any answer about these things,

and we will all declare this THE GREAT MFC AC (anti-climax.):newyear:

Since we don't know at this point exactly what details they will announce or when, you could indeed be right. Especially since Mika's busy recording his new album/watching experimental theatre/partying at posh London clubs these days, not touring. :naughty:

MFC, like Mika's career, is still a baby. If you consider that LICM has only been on shelves for just over a year, it really puts it into perspective that he's only just getting started. Who knows what will happen in the next few years? We can only imagine, but I'm certainly excited about being along for the ride. :punk: