The Pet thread

soangel

Vet said her mouth is healing ok, no visible signs of infection. Gave her an anti inflammatory injection for pain relief, an anti nausea injection in case that's why she's not eating, and 2 doses of some horrid looking paste to get some nutrients into her. She thinks with that she should take some food tonight. She wants to see her again tomorrow to be sure there's no infection brewing. If she's not eaten by then, they'll take her into the hospital over the weekend for intravenous care. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Vet said her mouth is healing ok, no visible signs of infection. Gave her an anti inflammatory injection for pain relief, an anti nausea injection in case that's why she's not eating, and 2 doses of some horrid looking paste to get some nutrients into her. She thinks with that she should take some food tonight. She wants to see her again tomorrow to be sure there's no infection brewing. If she's not eaten by then, they'll take her into the hospital over the weekend for intravenous care. 

And she's eaten something!!!!! :cheer::whew:

And had a good drink of water. Thank goodness. 🥰

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yay!!! Hopefully this is the start of her really feeling better and recovering. I'm glad to hear she's doing ok 😊

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Hero said:

Great! Probably she was in pain and that's why she couldn't eat, I'm glad she is fine :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

@Hero 

How does Martha feel today? Has she eaten anything else?

She's doing well! She's licked all the jelly out her bowl from a couple of pouches of cat food, and had some of my salmon at lunch! :naughty: She had a follow up at the vets today, and they're happy with her. She's starting to follow her routine again, like coming to find me on a morning when the alarm rings. I was grooming her earlier and she started purring, it was so lovely to hear her do that again.❤

Thank you for asking. :hug:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hero said:

Puppy eyes. :naughty: But look at that big bushy tail! 😍 How old is he? 

He's 11 years old now, and arthritic - a bit wobbly on his legs

Unless you are a postman :mf_rosetinted:

• Haha 3

The truthful answer would be that Zen hates being brushed, so I just have to creep up on him every few days and brush what I can while he tolerates it.

Indy, on the other hand, will happily lie there and be brushed, as long as he has a ball to chew.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, silver said:

The truthful answer would be that Zen hates being brushed, so I just have to creep up on him every few days and brush what I can while he tolerates it.

I can imagine the struggle :yes:

12 hours ago, silver said:

Indy, on the other hand, will happily lie there and be brushed, as long as he has a ball to chew.

You don't have time to get bored with those "babies" :naughty:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (again!)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dog, who is 9 today! :yay:

She kept me up 'till about 2am last night, barking at fireworks, and her present today is a squeaky brussel sprout with a loud squeak. She has only just put the toy down.

I. AM. TIRED!!!

(but she's worth it! 🐶)

• Like 4

Just now, TinyLove_CJ said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (again!)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dog, who is 9 today! :yay:

She kept me up 'till about 2am last night, barking at fireworks, and her present today is a squeaky brussel sprout with a loud squeak. She has only just put the toy down.

I. AM. TIRED!!!

(but she's worth it! 🐶)

Photos?

My dog loves squeaky toys too, but I end up taking the squeaker out, to preserve my sanity

• Like 3

1 minute ago, silver said:

Photos?

She's zoomed around that much this morning I haven't managed to get a photo of her with the sprout, and now she's all tuckered out in bed. I do have lots of other photos of her though and I will share a few later (with a little more info about her too) when I have time.

9 minutes ago, silver said:

My dog loves squeaky toys too, but I end up taking the squeaker out, to preserve my sanity

She loves all types of toys but would be very disappointed if I took the squeakers away! 😅

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@kreacher Tortellini is such a cute name for a cute kitty!

I love the colour of her fur and markings! 😺

Thanks!

I rarely call her by her full name, it's usually Lini, or Torti, or Browni, or Tootilooni or Tortletini or Turkibeani or some form of that (her name is kinda like Bindlesnort Chamberpot's, just insert whichever 2 vaguely similar words you like). Or sometimes I call her various other pastas (like Macaroni or Linguini) based on whatever the shape she's laying in at the time. I'm sure she has no idea what her actual name is :teehee:

Edited by kreacher
  • Haha 4

On 1/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

and her present today is a squeaky brussel sprout with a loud squeak.

Mr. Squeaky Sprout has become Mr. Wheezy Sprout and I think the sound it makes now is more annoying than a squeak. Dog is still loving it though 😆

Working on a little profile of my dog, coming soon.

(or CJ-soon 😅)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’d like you to introduce you to my cat Gucci (like the bag brand yes, we didn’t name her) she’s about 15 now we got here in 2008 with her daughter (my mum has the daughter ) 

she was a very nervous cat as we belive she’d been stuck in one room maybe with dogs so takes a while to get used to people 

I’ve  had three cats in total one unfortunately died and my mums taken the other now 

65942CD3-257E-4870-8782-F28D9158EAF2.jpeg

7642FBA0-9700-4907-B992-8DD561C0055C.jpeg

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, BeccaStardust said:

I’d like you to introduce you to my cat Gucci (like the bag brand yes, we didn’t name her) she’s about 15 now we got here in 2008 with her daughter (my mum has the daughter ) 

she was a very nervous cat as we belive she’d been stuck in one room maybe with dogs so takes a while to get used to people 

I’ve  had three cats in total one unfortunately died and my mums taken the other now 

65942CD3-257E-4870-8782-F28D9158EAF2.jpeg

7642FBA0-9700-4907-B992-8DD561C0055C.jpeg

:welcomeani: Hi Gucci, welcome to the pet thread! You're adorable. :lustslow:

• Like 4

@BeccaStardust Gucci looks adorable! Hello to Gucci :bye:

I absolutely love black cats, they still get such a bad rep as being unlucky or now in modern times people say they don't look great in photos. Which is ridiculous! Black cats are beautiful!

• Like 2