2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

And....what are you waiting for? Just take a class in Chinese, isn't that the least you can do for you fellow MFCers:naughty:

I'm waiting my dear ChinesEnglish colleagues for a transcription of the event:cool:

pwetty please!:wub2:

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked:Mika? What happended to your hair??

I'm glad to know where he is now......very nolstalgic for the fact that only one year ago I was anxiously waiting for him to come here in Italy and now his fame is becoming soo big that he is guest of honor in China! In the other side of the world!! .....I know I might bee happy for him, for his succes so wished, but...... now he's not only "our Mica" anymore....

I'm obviously very happy for him.

Thanks for all the sites, the articles, the pix and the download links! :flowers2:

Ok, I may get myself a few enemies here, but doesn't anyone think that all this talk about Mika "sending the wrong message" by going to a country which violates human rights is a bit excessive?

I mean, can anyone who holds that opinion actually say that they don't use anything that is made in China?

It's all well and all to have the ideals, but things often fall on the smaller details...Chinese products are EVERYWHERE, and chances are that most people who have all these strong beliefs about "not supporting China" are actually supporting them anyway by using all their gadgets, applicances, cheap clothes, and what not.

I say, let's be coherent. What's the point of making these statements if we're providing the same support anyway, and perhaps even in a worse way, as the sure way to support a nation is to support their growing economy:thumb_yello:.

On a lighter note, I don't quite like the hair. Too short, and it makes him look waaaaaaaay too young. I don't like the Tshirt colour either.

Now stone me, I suppose I've just broken all the MFC commandments by saying all that, LOL! :o)

well, on the contrary I find that he looks younger, but I think the haircut is not a problem for me but the color of the T-shirt....yuck.....

LOL I didn't think too much of the t-shirt myself either :roftl: :roftl:

Ok, I may get myself a few enemies here, but doesn't anyone think that all this talk about Mika "sending the wrong message" by going to a country which violates human rights is a bit excessive?

I mean, can anyone who holds that opinion actually say that they don't use anything that is made in China?

It's all well and all to have the ideals, but things often fall on the smaller details...Chinese products are EVERYWHERE, and chances are that most people who have all these strong beliefs about "not supporting China" are actually supporting them anyway by using all their gadgets, applicances, cheap clothes, and what not.

I say, let's be coherent. What's the point of making these statements if we're providing the same support anyway, and perhaps even in a worse way, as the sure way to support a nation is to support their growing economy:thumb_yello:.

On a lighter note, I don't quite like the hair. Too short, and it makes him look waaaaaaaay too young. I don't like the Tshirt colour either.

Now stone me, I suppose I've just broken all the MFC commandments by saying all that, LOL! :o)

i don't understand (i've just re-woken up lol) i know Babs posted a comment on what Mika may think of the whole Olympic Torch but I'm totally confused on the rest of the "support china" thing. what's Mika got to do with it?

:blink:

(that's not having a go, that's actually asking a question lol!)

I say, let's be coherent. What's the point of making these statements if we're providing the same support anyway, and perhaps even in a worse way, as the sure way to support a nation is to support their growing economy.

I, for one, wasn't saying that I'm personally protesting against China's human rights policy, indeed if I did I would as you have described not support China commercially either. I was saying that other people may view any visit to China by a public figure at the present time as a statement.

But like we said earlier, he's so small time I doubt anyone will notice or even if they do whether they'll care.

sssht!

That shade of orange is a dream on the mikster!

The italian{=style runs thru my veins}has spoken:cool:

@the Beijing->Olympics<-boycott...music is another story

{and in any case the protests had to be started before..even if China is a superpower and it's all useless}

I say, let's be coherent. What's the point of making these

statements if we're providing the same support anyway, and perhaps even in a worse way, as the sure way to support a nation is to support their growing economy:thumb_yello:.

i personally think he is not sending any wrong message since he isnt sending any message at all but "be who you are and dance" so I totally admit that its absolutely VAIN to post anything about chinese policy,abuses, the fact that china has still concentration camps OR about him being incoherent as a person, whoever he is, towards supporting china(or not) BUT it was a good moment to remember people about policy especially since the whole olympian torch case going in beijing NOW, not that anyone cares but ya know:wink2:

it is and you are right absolutely ridiculous to post anything about THAT here since everyone around is buying converses and stuff and above all since this place is an ENTERTAINING one.

i just couldnt help

mika is an ENTERTAINER who is in china to visit his sister and probably having a good capitalized time BUT HALLELUJAH his new haircut and his peachy polo and the touch of madeinchina+testedonanimals makeup blush all look dead gorgeous on him:biggrin2:

To be honest I quite like the way how he's staying completely detached from political matters as far as his professional life is concerned (well, maybe except for the global warming stuff, but the exception proves the rule, right?). I think it is a healthy approach.

You can't get him officially involved in a silly discussion about whether or not the Lebanese or the Israelis have possibly lost their minds or if gay artists should feel obliged to come out in order to prevent people from killing themselves.

Quite frankly I really adore the way how he stands for and behind himself and his work and the way he is. It also ensures that he's seen and taken seriously for who he is and what he does instead of being linked to headlines about big mouthed political statements.

On a lighter note:

The hair will grow again and get him back from 11 to 24 by the end of spring at the latest :naughty: ... MIKA puhlease no more haircuts until 8 July :sneaky2:

I don't care what he does with his free time on Sundays, etc..

It's just good to hear that he's still working on that 2nd album he ditched Australia for.

And that hair.. well.. if anything, it's more mature.

[/opinion]

i just couldnt help

mika is an ENTERTAINER who is in china to visit his sister and probably having a good capitalized time BUT HALLELUJAH his new haircut and his peachy polo and the touch of madeinchina+testedonanimals makeup blush all look dead gorgeous on him:biggrin2:

I do love these parts :naughty:

I do love these parts :naughty:

im deadly sure its a brand new blush by the way, its obvious, he wanted the perfect match, you no him, he probably even took the polo with him to the shop to show what color he wanted EXACTLY as a good maniac he is:naughty:

@scut: NONE

as in that I never make YOU laugh

i do really like the new haircut btw

Everything is said here! Thanks Sari you said in a very good English what I think in French....

I'd like to add just one think (with my awkward english):wink2: :All I know is that Mika is not there for political reasons but for business, isn't he? And why wouldn't he meet his chinese fans? They have nothing to do with horrors currently happening in this country... Only the political heads are implied in that and like in most totalitarian countries, most of the time the people don't agree with that and just put up with it.....