2008 - MIKA @ beijing!!! (08/04/2008)

lcmlcm

well... i have to say i feel a bit strange about this... Of course everyone's entitled to have his own political views, and i'm not going to love mica's music any less even if his don't match mine... and obviously he's not getting involved in this olympic stuff.. but still... maybe it's not the best moment to make a public appearance in Beijing.. i dunno... maybe it's just me overreacting... what do you think ?

slighlty confused

"I'm going to make a public appearance in a country that violates human rights? Pffft, who cares as long as my hair looks good." :newyear:

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm so happy i've seen him again...my mind was going astray these days....now everything is going the right place and priority restored....

MIKA IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub2: :wub2:

:yay: for getting Robi back on track... and for these lovely pics! :wub2:

dcdeb

Allegra is in Hong Kong?

Then I gotta prepare myself from now, maybe I'll see him on the street.

hey TOGETHER!!!!:wub2:

i rmb last time when Shayne Ward visited HK,,

he wandered around Mong Kok alone but nearly nobody could recognise him!

that became a news in the local entertainment pages -V-

anyway,, starting fr that time,, i started to imagine wt would happen if that was MIKA:blush-anim-cl:

Oh really? I havent heard about it... I suck...

But when did it start?

I'd love to hear Mika write song to Eason. He's a really good singer.

i heard it last week n i believed it!!!!

but later thought it'd be a joke on April Fool's Day = =

yea i've been fooled XD

U1978P28T3D1980355F326DT20080409164339.jpg

"...but don't worry, my obsessive dim-witted fans will forget all about it when they see my new hair cut."

Worked on me! :thumb_yello:

When is he returning? At the top of the week? :newyear:

:lmao:

I have no idea what's going on in Toronto, muchless China. Guess Mika was also too busy in India to read the news.

Kinda what I was thinking, just the PA not the actual visit.

But hey, he looks gorgeous and his hair is lovely so it doesn't really matter. :newyear:

Yup, the fact that he visits his sista who happens to be there is his own business, it's the PA that made me a tad bit uncomfortable... because even if he didn't mean it that way, the chinese authorities are likely to "interpret" any visit as an official support... well...

Having said that, the new do and the orange shirt make him look like an ubercute twelve years old... :naughty:

:wub2::wub2:

Loved the interviews, and the pics look amazing. :wink2:

Love his hair like that.... does make him look alot younger though :blink:

Really just nice to see up to date interviews and pics. Glad to see him looking so happy and relaxed... Made my day that has :blush-anim-cl:

Yup, the fact that he visits his sista who happens to be there is his own business, it's the PA that made me a tad bit uncomfortable... because even if he didn't mean it that way, the chinese authorities are likely to "interpret" any visit as an official support... well...

Having said that, the new do and the orange shirt make him look like an ubercute twelve years old... :naughty:

Which in the great scheme of world politics and human rights and stuff, is the most important thing. :newyear:

And doesn't the short hair make it all spring up curly? Oooh. :newyear::shocked:

well, on the contrary I find that he looks younger, but I think the haircut is not a problem for me but the color of the T-shirt....yuck.....

You took the words right out of my mouth, that is exactely what I wanted to say. I think the t-shirt is a very plane one, nothing special......Not really Mika-like...:blink:

In the world of a man who refuses to discuss anything remotely controversial, yes. He's the human equivalent of Switzerland. :newyear:

Maybe he thinks (and rightly so) that no one gives a rat's ass what a 24-year-old British popstar thinks about China's policies.

Thank goodness, I hope this marks the end of the Granny Curls era (or "error"). Yet it's still sufficiently long and wavy to be girly. It strikes a good balance.

Am I seriously discussing his hair instead of the news story? *retreats to cave*

:naughty: Don’t you really hate when that happens!:lmao:

:huglove:

I don't dare to browse chinese sites coz the only word I know is Mika and you know that NAKASHIMA is everywhere:sneaky2::naughty:

And....what are you waiting for? Just take a class in Chinese, isn't that the least you can do for you fellow MFCers:naughty:

He's the human equivalent of Switzerland. :newyear:

I have to admit this one made my coffee end up on my screen :lmfao:

but i think he shouldn't underrate his potential influence... He is a 24 ( now looking 12 :naughty: ) years old british popstar, that's a fact... but he is a celeb'... wether he wants it or not, everything he does or say, or doesn't do / doesn't say, might be interpreted as an official statement...

ooh, don't mind me, i'm overreacting, i know it :blink:

"I'm going to make a public appearance in a country that violates human rights? Pffft, who cares as long as my hair looks good." :newyear:

well... i have to say i feel a bit strange about this... Of course everyone's entitled to have his own political views, and i'm not going to love mica's music any less even if his don't match mine... and obviously he's not getting involved in this olympic stuff.. but still... maybe it's not the best moment to make a public appearance in Beijing.. i dunno... maybe it's just me overreacting... what do you think ?

slighlty confused

I agree with you, i think it maybe is not best for him, ...i guess he has to weigh up his publicity/profile rasing but China is not the best place to be just now for this i agree, he can be impartial but unfortunately some people can choose not to see it like that ................anyway ..... I know he is a great, kind and genuine man, just don't want to give nasty people the opportuntiy to get at him really. ..... the other thing is , how many people will actually get to know about this ...... just casue it's our front page news does not mean it's everyones.........it may never get noticed much here i guess really ....................

However .........on a lighter note ................. he looks so YOUNG!!!!!!:shocked:

wow.......... and oh yeah pretty cute too :sneaky2:

I have to admit this one made my coffee end up on my screen :lmfao:

but i think he shouldn't underrate his potential influence... He is a 24 ( now looking 12 :naughty: ) years old british popstar, that's a fact... but he is a celeb'... wether he wants it or not, everything he does or say, or doesn't do / doesn't say, might be interpreted as an official statement...

ooh, don't mind me, i'm overreacting, i know it :blink:

That's a fair point. As a public figure whether he intends it to or not anything he chooses to do/say or not do/say conveys a message. Even more so when it comes to matters such as China where people are on edge and interpret everything as either a symbolic form of protest or sign of support.

I'm in the middle of watching these vids, THANK YOU sooo much for uploading them, the mika drought is getting a little quenched. :)

The new hair :wub2: niiiiiiice (makes him look even younger though)

When he mentioned MFC.com *faints*:wub2: I went all warm and fuzzy, it was like... he was talking about US :)

(right , back to quenching more of my Mika thirst lol).

He was, however, also visiting his sister. But as someone pointed out earlier: the personal side of the trip and the award-giving/PA side of the trip are two separate things. He's still made an indirect statement of sorts. But again as someone else pointed out earlier: no one's really gonna realise (or care if they do).

He was, however, also visiting his sister. But as someone pointed out earlier: the personal side of the trip and the award-giving/PA side of the trip are two separate things. He's still made an indirect statement of sorts. But again as someone else pointed out earlier: no one's really gonna realise or care if they do.

I know, it's just you know some people only want to see the negative side of things sometimes and it could give people openings to go for him !:thumbdown: The negatives will also be taken if they can by people who want to ...........

..... the other thing is , how many people will actually get to know about this ...... just casue it's our front page news does not mean it's everyones.........it may never get noticed much here i guess really ....................

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

Let’s please keep perspective, he’s not that big!:naughty:

….if the rest of the world could se him trough our eyes….that would be another story….

:wub2:

I'm in the middle of watching these vids, THANK YOU sooo much for uploading them, the mika drought is getting a little quenched. :)

The new hair :wub2: niiiiiiice (makes him look even younger though)

When he mentioned MFC.com *faints*:wub2: I went all warm and fuzzy, it was like... he was talking about US :)

(right , back to quenching more of my Mika thirst lol).

what did he say? i have no speakers at work!