Just a Little Roundup of New Album Info

DS Nightly

JUST to round things up that have been CONFIRMED by Mika himself.

Incase you missed Mika's Chinese interview (or didn't watch the WHOLE thing), he had said he was going to be writing and writing all the way up to the summer. Then, during the summer, he was have a small tour (not sure what THAT would be promoting). After summer, he said he'd continue to write throughout the fall....WHICH leads ME to believe Mika's new album WON'T be in stores any time this year... I'm thinking late 1st quater or early second quater of 09 (nearly a YEAR away. :( )...

HOPEFULLY he tours in North America again this summer (again, I dunno WHY he would be) but it would be great to see him in person again this year. :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's just doing festivals this summer - and I doubt he'll be back to North America. Not that I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised. :roftl:

He said something about spending at least the same amount of time on this album as he did on LICM, and he started working on LICM in 2005.

So I'm with you - I doubt we'll see a new album until March to June-ish 2009. Maybe he'll release a lead-off single this fall. I'd be down with that.

As much as I want a new album....NOW....

I am also happy he won't be releasing a new album for a while...just for his tour schedule of course. By the time he starts touring again, I will be done school and and will be able to actually travel to the gigs again....:wink2:

I think he's just doing festivals this summer - and I doubt he'll be back to North America. Not that I wouldn't mind being pleasantly surprised. :roftl:

He said something about spending at least the same amount of time on this album as he did on LICM, and he started working on LICM in 2005.

So I'm with you - I doubt we'll see a new album until March to June-ish 2009. Maybe he'll release a lead-off single this fall. I'd be down with that.

Yeah I doubt he'll be back in North America in 2008... even though I keep my lollipops crossed for a visit to Montréal this summer for a festival... (there are rumours)

He said he would take his time for his second album but he also mentioned that he is aware that he shouldn't take TOO long cause then it would lose all its momentum...

Personnaly I'm glad he's not rushing through it and that he wants to release a quality album. To me it means is not into this for the money and fame.

As much as I want a new album....NOW....

I am also happy he won't be releasing a new album for a while...just for his tour schedule of course. By the time he starts touring again, I will be done school and and will be able to actually travel to the gigs again....:wink2:

THANKS A LOT BECKS! i might just START with school on september... :thumbdown: waaaa if i miss a mika concert because of that ill be MAD! :sneaky2:

:tears:.... Well, thanks for this! I didn't know anything for sure, so it's nice to know what you guys think!

A whole year??!! thats.... difficult..

I hope he does North America before the album comes out!! Just for a little bit of love and happy during the wait...

Well, I quite frankly am alright with him taking a year or a bit more, as long as he works hard on it and makes it amazing...

This will sound strange, but I would rather he be working on a record and put out new material than have another tour. I am so ready to hear new songs.... :)

i completly agree! i mean, yes i would love to see him in concert, and would just die if i ever saw him, but i really would like to hear his voice in diff tunes...not that his first ones are bad...

the WHOLE thing), he had said he was going to be writing and writing all the way up to the summer. Then, during the summer, he was have a small tour (not sure what THAT would be promoting). After summer, he said he'd continue to write throughout the fall....WHICH leads ME to believe Mika's new album WON'T be in stores any time this year... I'm thinking late 1st quater or early second quater of 09 (nearly a YEAR away. :( )...

But didn't I also hear him say that he would have "something" out soon?

At the very beginning of the third part of the Beijing interview,

he says something like "I'll release something, soon. At some point."

It's the tail end of his answer to the question about "when"

in the second part of the interview. "Something" could be a new

single... or maybe that EP that was mentioned oh so many months ago...?

(I can dream, can't I? :naughty: )

dcdeb

But didn't I also hear him say that he would have "something" out soon?

At the very beginning of the third part of the Beijing interview,

he says something like "I'll release something, soon. At some point."

It's the tail end of his answer to the question about "when"

in the second part of the interview. "Something" could be a new

single... or maybe that EP that was mentioned oh so many months ago...?

(I can dream, can't I? :naughty: )

dcdeb

yeah I've been wondering what is happenin with that EP he was talking about back in June...

I agree !

But if we already know the songs which will be on it ?:naughty:

he said it would be a collection of sad songs that wouldn't make it on an album. I remember that much, and it would be about 6 songs.

I'd love to hear "Loverboy" and "Sally" on the new album - i think the finished product would be absolutely fantastic.