No Mika album this year (2008)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I don't want another album of "fun" songs. I want a darker, or rather, more serious album dammit.

Not to say more ballady, or slower, or less poppy, but more serious. Like "Sally."

--Jack

Funnily enough Sally is one of the unmentionables that really doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't mind something like that on the album, but not a whole album like that.

Hey Mika, what about a dodgy holiday tour of Asia and Oceania while we're waiting???

*nods frantically*

Much as I like the idea of him doing an Asian and Oceanic tour while we're waiting, I doubt it would happen. What would he tour with? He couldn't tour the new material and I can't see why he would bother touring with the LICM songs when he's got a new album coming out. I kind of fleetingly thought of this when I first read it, but if it couldn't be managed to come and tour here when it might have affected (ie increased) sales of the first album, I'm just not sure it's the kind of expense that could be justified.

*shakes head frantically*

See I think we'll get some new songs at these July gigs.

Not all, but a couple. We got HJ way back, and HMDYLM was in the set from the first show of the Dodgy Holiday Tour in late 2007.

He might use the gigs to try some out live, see how they are received...who knows.

I am ever the optimist! There will be a tour. One day.

Yeah, that's what I think too.

Although .. I can't imagine someone coming to Asia/Australia to try out new songs :boxed:

:tears: Daaamn! I can't wait over a year!

*will die if there is no inbetween tour*

*but honestly doesn't see it as likely...* :tears:

Funnily enough Sally is one of the unmentionables that really doesn't do much for me. I wouldn't mind something like that on the album, but not a whole album like that.

Haha, phewph, me too!

*nods frantically*

*shakes head frantically*

Yeah, that's what I think too.

Although .. I can't imagine someone coming to Asia/Australia to try out new songs :boxed:

:tears: Daaamn! I can't wait over a year!

*will die if there is no inbetween tour*

*but honestly doesn't see it as likely...* :tears:

Haha, phewph, me too!

You make me laugh girl!

You make me laugh girl!

:blush-anim-cl:

You know, if I'd read the FAQ in greater detail I would already know that pretty much nobody else seemed to expect the album this year... *depressing*

Oh, really? :boxed:

*sigh*

as long as he tours a bit during autumn/winter 2008/09....i'm fine!

i can't bear the idea of NOT seeing him for months and months!:shocked:

i hate this Mika's desert

*changes topic of thread to: "How likely is it that Mika will tour before 2009?"*

Really? Anyone? With better estimation skills than the ones who really thought the album would be out quite before the end of 2008 :naughty:

ops, sovvy!:blush-anim-cl:

i posted that after an Aussie fan...and i know they are far more deprived than i'll be about touring...:shocked:

:lmfao:

Mika has said he won't be releasing his new album until next year.

"The new album won't be until 2009," Mika told PS. "I'm being quite protective over it, because it feels weird to talk about songs until they're ready for everyone to hear them."

He added: "They're definitely fun songs - I'm chasing the same feelings I had on my first record. If I do that and develop too, I'm on the right path."

http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/cf0273d7c88bc251dcf9059d8e98ad18/No+Mika+album+this+year.aspx

not sure if this is a reliable source or not... but it is what it is :blink:

I sort of figured it won't be released this year, understanding how much he puts into it to make sure it is a good album. It's fine by me, i'm willing to wait. :wink2:

as long as he tours a bit during autumn/winter 2008/09....i'm fine!:wink2:

i can't bear the idea of NOT seeing him for months and months!:shocked:

i hate this Mika's desert:thumbdown:

Same here, i really hope he will tour during the time you have mentioned, i would love to see him live again. :wub2:

His first album was officially released in Jan 2007 in the UK, then was it Feb(?) in the US and even later (June 2007) in Japan.

LICM was released March 27, 2007 :naughty:

Mika has said he won't be releasing his new album until next year.

"The new album won't be until 2009," Mika told PS. "I'm being quite protective over it, because it feels weird to talk about songs until they're ready for everyone to hear them."

He added: "They're definitely fun songs - I'm chasing the same feelings I had on my first record. If I do that and develop too, I'm on the right path."

http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/cf0273d7c88bc251dcf9059d8e98ad18/No+Mika+album+this+year.aspx

not sure if this is a reliable source or not... but it is what it is :blink:

Well it's from UK teletext, I usually read it each morning but it changes at 10pm each evening, it's usually pretty reliable from what I can see from past news.

LICM was released March 27, 2007 :naughty:

No, February 5th 2007 :naughty:

My birthday :blush-anim-cl:

I vote February 5th 2009, then :blush-anim-cl:

Or, because I'm not so selfish to hog it as my special present, January 5th :biggrin2:

Did you know we are STILL waiting for Relax to be released in Australia? I'm sorry to keep harping on, but I'm bloody pissed off at the moment.

:naughty:

Oh true, but please, nothing spectacular in the u.s. while i'm gone...:fisch:

although i won't be doing very much free travel while i'm there, so i'd be screwed either way. oh well.

Where in the UK will you be LG?