No Mika album this year (2008)

Next year isn't too long of a wait...

Time flies so fast... It's scary

Well, I'd rather he took his time and did an awesome job with it...

I just hope it's not too far into 2009.

Thanks for posting! :flowers2:

YES,YES...I absolutely agreeeee:thumb_yello:

:mfr_omg::mfr_omg:

Huh,i must be patient,he 100% will do the great job!

Wow,more 'our' songs...:woot_jump:

event.png

glitterfy090219T789D33.gif

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not surprised either. i guess i can wait till, let's see.. February 16th :wink2:

some gigs in between would make me very, very happy, though i dunno if there's a chance for that

I stole it from a postcard (I'm good at stealing things since I joined MFC :naughty:), it suits me.

i :mf_lustslow: it!!

Well it's from UK teletext, I usually read it each morning but it changes at 10pm each evening, it's usually pretty reliable from what I can see from past news.

what made me think he could have said it is the way the sentences are.... sounds like he would speak that way... (i think i watched too many interviews!)

i'm ok with waiting til 2009, rome wasn't built in 1 day! :wink2:

Have I not done a good enough job of whinging, bitching and swearing in this thread? I was trying to keep the tradition up in her absence:mf_rosetinted:

CD, no criticism meant of your excellent capacity to whinge:naughty:

It's just that when whingeing starts it usually like a magnet for ST. She hasn't been round for a while and I miss her!! (You know she whinged on the India thread so much I was on the verge of telling her to put a sock in it...then found out it was all part of the greater plan. Bloody apples.:ap_rosetinted:)

CD, no criticism meant of your excellent capacity to whinge:naughty:

It's just that when whingeing starts it usually like a magnet for ST. She hasn't been round for a while and I miss her!! (You know she whinged on the India thread so much I was on the verge of telling her to put a sock in it...then found out it was all part of the greater plan. Bloody apples.:ap_rosetinted:)

:roftl: :roftl:

Us pips are much better :roftl:

(I was starting to have my moany moments, much like an Apple. Sariflor said Babs would probably start calling me a pip, not that she has LOL. Pips are like...trainee moaners but still remember to have lots and lots of fun!....unlike Apples, who just groan like old grannies :ap_rosetinted:)

Ha, this is the first time he's actually answered the "will it be in 2008?" question. He's dodged that question a few times with some vague "it will be ready when it's ready" answer.

Well, that's exactly what makes me wonder; If he's been so adamant that he wouldn't commit to saying anything, why would he say this now?

I don't understand it:blink:.

Hadn't he said in another interview that the next album would be much "darker"?

And now he's chasing the same happy feelings?

*is confused*

Yes, same here. The whole fun quote just doesn't seem so likely to come straight from him. I don't know.

I guess that we won't really know...until we know:naughty:.

See I think we'll get some new songs at these July gigs.

Not all, but a couple. We got HJ way back, and HMDYLM was in the set from the first show of the Dodgy Holiday Tour in late 2007.

He might use the gigs to try some out live, see how they are received...who knows.

I totally agree with that! I'm sure that he will show some new ones. Wow, I'm getting really excited now :mf_lustslow:.

Meh. I don't want another album of "fun" songs. I want a darker, or rather, more serious album dammit.

Not to say more ballady, or slower, or less poppy, but more serious. Like "Sally."

--Jack

Yes, me too. Less "Lollipop" style and more soulful stuff for me...

But that Sally song that we're talking about ,was that not a cover? I thought that the rolling stones sung that one ages ago? Or what are we talking about here?

Confuzzled

I don't think he will do a proper tour till this is released either. Maybe a showcase show or two, or some secret gigs for official fan club members to see what we think of the new shows?

Oh yes, that is an idea!:punk: Preferably, at the Royal Albert Hall.

How about New Year's Day? That would still technically be 2009, it would be a nice way to welcome in the year, and it's only just over 7 months away...

I like your thinking:naughty: New Year is a good idea!

Ande he can call the album "One":bleh:

Yes . MFC members only and fans not allowed to travel. They will be allocated the gig they have to go to.

Shhhhhh...don't request for these measures until AFTER we're done invading the european gigs this summer.

Come on Bab, don't boicott our own plans:roftl:

Meh. I don't want another album of "fun" songs. I want a darker, or rather, more serious album dammit.

Not to say more ballady, or slower, or less poppy, but more serious. Like "Sally."

--Jack

well he did say ages ago that the second album was more angry. he could change it back again :roftl: you know Mika. he made people cry when making the first album because of all the changes, allegedly lol. he isn't gonna make something and just go "that'll do." tis not Mika's style :wink2:

I do love Sally, and it does portray a different image than the other songs, but it also reminds me of Billy Brown. Not the tune or the music, but the characters, because they're going through a difficult time. Some people could probably relate to the Billy Brown story, others could probably relate to Sally because of the abuse. Isn't that serious enough, if people can relate to it? Like someone pointed out earlier, Grace Kelly is an angry song, but coated in a happy, boppy tune.

So long as Mika doesn't contribute to another remake of the "Feed The World" song (BECAUSE IT'S SO BLOODY GHASTLY!!!) then I think Mika should continue to do serious as he knows best. (i have nothing against people trying to help the world, i'm just against that song, because I think it's bloody awful :roftl:)

But that Sally song that we're talking about ,was that not a cover? I thought that the rolling stones sung that one ages ago? Or what are we talking about here?

Confuzzled

i didn't think it was a cover...*searches youtube and google*

come on Greta, help me! :naughty:

'till now he has always titled his songs from some lyrics words..

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?fromrow=1&torow=25&keyname=ALICE&querytype=WriterID&keyid=976175&page=1&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&affiliation=BMI&cae=513535673

aargh I dunno!

I knew also Vasco Rossi made a Sally song.. but the text is pretty different!:bleh:

ah yes, the magnificent repertoire. i find it very odd that he's made a song in italian though lol xD

same here !they have a song called angie not sally as i know !:blink:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :roftl::mf_lustslow:HAHAHA That must be it, angie!!

Gosh I totally lost the plot, didn't I?

So now I officially don't know what we're talking about, hehe. Any kind soul happy to pm me pointing me in the right direction? I'd be forever grateful:naughty:

EDIT: not to worry, found it.

Not masively keen on it I think....Hmmm...need to listen again. But it does sound kind of familiar.Hmmm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! :roftl::mf_lustslow:HAHAHA That must be it, angie!!

Gosh I totally lost the plot, didn't I?

So now I officially don't know what we're talking about, hehe. Any kind soul happy to pm me pointing me in the right direction? I'd be forever grateful:naughty:

It's in the script thread :roftl:

kidding. it's actually in my NEW thread, titled "The Magical Bracelet". GO READ!! ...............please :wink2:

and that goes for everyone else, too :bleh:

EDIT: not to worry, found it.

Not masively keen on it I think....Hmmm...need to listen again. But it does sound kind of familiar.Hmmm

sally? i wasn't too keen on it at first, but i think it's cos the vocals are kinda drowned out and, after all, it's only a demo. I can imagine it being a fantastic song when it's all done up, like I can imagine with Loverboy. Once I properly listened to the lyrics of Sally I really liked it, cos it's really different...not mention that it's actually quite catchy!

she took a ride on another train

she couldn't cry cos her face was bleeding

she took a ticket in another name

she never thought it would be so easy...

"Parliamo" means "let's talk" and "Grandi" means "grand" or "big", right? "let's talk big"?? :blink:

no hun

it means

let's talk as grown up ppl

:thumb_yello:

i guess the music is mika's and the lyrics are rammazzotti's

"Parliamo" means "let's talk" and "Grandi" means "grand" or "big", right? "let's talk big"?? :blink:

not really:bleh:

it's like "we'll talk eachother when you{we?} grow up"

i posted somewhere a site with 4 translation of that eros ramazzotti song, but I dunno how to find something in this ocean of posts..it was also in a ot thread!:roftl:

Anyway Mika helped a lil only in the music arrangment and the chorus for what I understood..then if he studied how to compose a song in italian maybe...