No Mika album this year (2008)

Mika has said he won't be releasing his new album until next year.

"The new album won't be until 2009," Mika told PS. "I'm being quite protective over it, because it feels weird to talk about songs until they're ready for everyone to hear them."

He added: "They're definitely fun songs - I'm chasing the same feelings I had on my first record. If I do that and develop too, I'm on the right path."

http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/cf0273d7c88bc251dcf9059d8e98ad18/No+Mika+album+this+year.aspx

not sure if this is a reliable source or not... but it is what it is :blink:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, i just read that:thumbdown:

i was gonna post it, but i thought it had already been posted, woops. thanx!

I'm glad he is making sure everything is good though. It's nice to know he is still very particular about what goes out under his name.

Ha, this is the first time he's actually answered the "will it be in 2008?" question. He's dodged that question a few times with some vague "it will be ready when it's ready" answer.

Not that this is a shocker. I'm still banking on a spring 2009 release date. We should start a betting pool. I say...March 23. :mf_rosetinted:

Ha, this is the first time he's actually answered the "will it be in 2008?" question. He's dodged that question a few times with some vague "it will be ready when it's ready" answer.

Not that this is a shocker. I'm still banking on a spring 2009 release date. We should start a betting pool. I say...March 23. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh no!!! I swear, if i'm in the uk in April when he is in the u.s. i will be :mf_plasmawhore::mad3::eek:

May 6th!

I should clarify, March 23 us my bet for a UK release date.

Dunno about the rest of the world. :mf_rosetinted:

In that case March is fine by me because then i can pick it up when i'm there....

But pleasepleaseplease don't let anything spectacular happen when i'm not here.:boxed:

In that case March is fine by me because then i can pick it up when i'm there....

But pleasepleaseplease don't let anything spectacular happen when i'm not here.:boxed:

If anything spectacular is going to happen surrounding the album launch, it's going to happen in the UK.

If anything spectacular is going to happen surrounding the album launch, it's going to happen in the UK.

Oh true, but please, nothing spectacular in the u.s. while i'm gone...:fisch:

although i won't be doing very much free travel while i'm there, so i'd be screwed either way. oh well.

Hadn't he said in another interview that the next album would be much "darker"?

And now he's chasing the same happy feelings?

*is confused*:blink:

He said a while ago that it was "angrier," but that doesn't necessarily mean the songs he was talking about are still going to be on the second album. Also, "Grace Kelly" is an angry song, but it sounds extremely happy.

He said a while ago that it was "angrier," but that doesn't necessarily mean the songs he was talking about are still going to be on the second album. Also, "Grace Kelly" is an angry song, but it sounds extremely happy.

yeah I was thinking more that too, because it is such a unique way to go, you know?

interesting sound with an interesting meaning, thats what I love about Mika's music.

I'm ok with the release date... I'll be older than, 19!? wow

He shall meet a new Melanie...and I will see him face to face again when he promotes the record... I must! I never got to tell him what he meant...just sort of stare and hug him lol

He shall not recognize me:naughty::wink2:

OK, let's just think about this for a moment.

His first album was officially released in Jan 2007 in the UK, then was it Feb(?) in the US and even later (June 2007) in Japan.

Yet pre-release, we had several songs already on his myspace available for download, and getting radio play and so on. You could buy some of the special pre-releases like the Relax 7", and the Dodgy Holiday EP. So it is pretty likely that some of these sorts of goodies will be available pre-release again.

He also did performances like Jules Holland, Ronnie Scott, weren't they all pre-release??

I guess it doesn't help that much though, there are 12 months in 2009, it could be anything up to 19 months before we see the new album, it's just that we might see some nice snippets of it prior to that! :wub2:

We have no choice but to be patient, and know he will make the album he really wants.

Hey Mika, what about a dodgy holiday tour of Asia and Oceania while we're waiting???:mf_rosetinted:

OK, let's just think about this for a moment.

His first album was officially released in Jan 2007 in the UK, then was it Feb(?) in the US and even later (June 2007) in Japan.

Yet pre-release, we had several songs already on his myspace available for download, and getting radio play and so on. You could buy some of the special pre-releases like the Relax 7", and the Dodgy Holiday EP. So it is pretty likely that some of these sorts of goodies will be available pre-release again.

He also did performances like Jules Holland, Ronnie Scott, weren't they all pre-release??

I guess it doesn't help that much though, there are 12 months in 2009, it could be anything up to 19 months before we see the new album, it's just that we might see some nice snippets of it prior to that! :wub2:

We have no choice but to be patient, and know he will make the album he really wants.

Hey Mika, what about a dodgy holiday tour of Asia and Oceania while we're waiting???:mf_rosetinted:

Much as I like the idea of him doing an Asian and Oceanic tour while we're waiting, I doubt it would happen. What would he tour with? He couldn't tour the new material and I can't see why he would bother touring with the LICM songs when he's got a new album coming out. I kind of fleetingly thought of this when I first read it, but if it couldn't be managed to come and tour here when it might have affected (ie increased) sales of the first album, I'm just not sure it's the kind of expense that could be justified.

Still... Let's hope I'm wrong, eh?

Then again... He's about to do all that stuff in July with (I presume) the LICM songs... and apart from keeping him in the public eye, making a bit of money and maybe garnering some late sales, I can't see the point of those either. Except that it's a lot cheaper to go to those than to come here.

See I think we'll get some new songs at these July gigs.

Not all, but a couple. We got HJ way back, and HMDYLM was in the set from the first show of the Dodgy Holiday Tour in late 2007.

He might use the gigs to try some out live, see how they are received...who knows.

I am ever the optimist! There will be a tour. One day.:bleh:

See I think we'll get some new songs at these July gigs.

Not all, but a couple. We got HJ way back, and HMDYLM was in the set from the first show of the Dodgy Holiday Tour in late 2007.

He might use the gigs to try some out live, see how they are received...who knows.

I am ever the optimist! There will be a tour. One day.:bleh:

You could be right you know... But I'm a born pessimist and find it really hard to keep the faith. I know that I have little choice but to be patient but I really rail against it!!

Me: "Lord grant me patience.... NOW!!"

I'm actually beginning to entertain the idea that I'm gonna have to go overseas to see Mika, but considering the risk of cancellation I'm extremely relunctant. I would be very upset to be cancelled in my own country, particularly if I'd travelled to Sydney or Melbourne for a gig but to have spent the amount of money that is required to travel OS from Aus, and accomodation and tickets and etc etc... I just can't justify it to myself. And if I can't convince myself, there's no way I could convince hubby.