Please stop the bullying

racha

Just as quickly as I can.. I read a few pages and I see no problem considering that there was open curiosity expressed due to particular breadcrumbs Deek had already left. The problem with trolls is they want to see how far they can push their little game. It's exciting for them. It's not just about tricking people. It's also about seeing how long it takes to get caught. So they want people to say "Hang on, what.. who.. how?? :boxed:"

Now, imagine that no one had done anything to catch Deek out. Imagine Deek was still here, befriending you and getting to know things about you. I know that you've posted some information from time to time that Trolls like Deek would enjoy. So, in the end those members did you and the rest of us a favour by questioning Deeks identity. If someone comes here under false pretenses, or acts suspiciously, then they should get what they give.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks Ohhlookie got their user name because their first post 15 months ago (and only post until this week) was like saying "Ohh lookie here, I have a pic of Cherisse and Luke and I want you all to wonder how I got it.. btw, notice that I'm shorter than Luke and a little taller than Cherisse.. Probably Mikeys height."

Anyway, this is apparently off topic now.. But I needed to reply. It's all about being expressive..

exactly (one of) my point(s)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And somehow, I knew (you'd say) that :naughty:

:wink2:

Well, even Deb questioned it when it was posted...and OL never clarified the matter:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28543&postcount=8

Why would we tread around this person with such care then, if they start something and are not willing to then own up or face it?

Talk about respect there :thumbdown:. That's BAD teasing. Can that be classed as bullying by some people's standards?

I guess it would depend on how much that action affects someone, which is a subjective matter?

As you can see it's not all so "clear" and easy...

And as I more or less implied before, I believe in "live by the sword, die by the sword" (NOW PLEASE nobody take this literally- It's a saying):naughty:

One should be prepared to expect what they dish out :thumb_yello:.

Well, even Deb questioned it when it was posted...and OL never clarified the matter:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28543&postcount=8

Why would we tread around this person with such care then, if they start something and are not willing to then own up or face it?

Talk about respect there :thumbdown:. That's BAD teasing. Can that be classed as bullying by some people's standards?

I guess it would depend on how much that action affects someone, which is a subjective matter?

As you can see it's not all so "clear" and easy...

To have such an amazing photo considering getting backstage at that time mustn't have been easy, and then to post it on a Mika forum and not stick around to gloat and respond to some simple questions is, IMO, teasing. Which I think is passive taunting. It's in the bullying category, but not as negative. The problem with teasing and taunting though is the victim tends to respond in vocal way back, where as with bullying the victim tends to close off and say nothing. I think if OL felt bullied in the Luke thread, they wouldn't have made that last post further adding fuel to the fire..

I think they were just going along as if it was a game. But that's just how I viewed it.

And as I more or less implied before, I believe in "live by the sword, die by the sword" (NOW PLEASE nobody take this literally- It's a saying):naughty:

One should be prepared to expect what they dish out :thumb_yello:.

Yeah, I think people only give what they expect to get back most the time. For example, I joke around alot and that's the way people know that they can joke around with me. It's my way of telling them. But if I didn't joke around you'd think "oh can't joke with her.." and that would be my way of telling them. So I think OL set a tone and it was reacted to accordingly most of the time at least and if not there were personal reasons for it.

To have such an amazing photo considering getting backstage at that time mustn't have been easy, and then to post it on a Mika forum and not stick around to gloat and respond to some simple questions is, IMO, teasing. Which I think is passive taunting. It's in the bullying category, but not as negative. The problem with teasing and taunting though is the victim tends to respond in vocal way back, where as with bullying the victim tends to close off and say nothing. I think if OL felt bullied in the Luke thread, they wouldn't have made that last post further adding fuel to the fire..

I think they were just going along as if it was a game. But that's just how I viewed it.

Well, that is one of the things that is amazing and bothering me so much about this whole situation, that people are so quick to jump on the "ooh poor little bullied victim" bandwagon instead of actually looking at how it all started.

I am actually a good person who would NEVER bully an innocent person like that, and that is probably why I have taken this so personally and seriously.

Anyway, out for now.

She was actually impersonating someone else and not just pretending to be someone fictional?:shocked:

Yes, Deek had gotten hold of this girl's photos and was showing them around, pretending they were her photos.

It obviously goes over a LOT of pages, but the point I was making with my post was ... people jumped to conclusions (openly) before there was proof, they had no idea whether or not deek was a legitimate person when they were stalking her every move in a way legitimate MFcers probably would not appreciate.

But they were right.

I know that some people have expressed offense at this so I'm going to tread lightly here, but just because you can see no obvious proof of something in a thread, doesn't mean that the people who are drawing conclusions have no valid reason to believe or react the way they do.

I do not think that any member of MFC is superior because they have some knowledge or a different perspective on things that isn't necessarily common knowledge to all the members. It's just a simple fact of life.

There are *millions* of posts on this board. No one can keep up with it all. People witness things in real life. They have conversations with each other, with band members, with Mika, etc. outside of MFC threads. There are all kinds of things that go on and facts that come to light that each and every one of us is not privy to. And sometimes these are things that will never be discussed openly on the board for various reasons.

After hearing the reactions in this thread I can see clearly now why there was alarm at the perceived bullying of OL. I appreciate you saying that you believed OL was sincere from his/her posts because that thought never even occurred to me so I didn't look at it from that point of view. My alarm bells went off immediately after reading OL's post and before I'd had the chance to do any investigation to confirm my suspicions, I received two PMs from other MFCers who thought exactly the same thing that I did.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks Ohhlookie got their user name because their first post 15 months ago (and only post until this week) was like saying "Ohh lookie here, I have a pic of Cherisse and Luke and I want you all to wonder how I got it.. btw, notice that I'm shorter than Luke and a little taller than Cherisse.. Probably Mikeys height."

After hearing the reactions in this thread I can see clearly now why there was alarm at the perceived bullying of OL. I appreciate you saying that you believed OL was sincere from his/her posts because that thought never even occurred to me so I didn't look at it from that point of view. My alarm bells went off immediately after reading OL's post and before I'd had the chance to do any investigation to confirm my suspicions, I received two PMs from other MFCers who thought exactly the same thing that I did.

:boxed: I also thought it was obvious to pretty much everyone being around in the Luke thread from OL's first post there, who's really behind that account and just too clear after having read their debut thread :blink:

Maybe I'm really spending too much time here :roftl:

Sorry if people really thought I could joke about the hardships of being a single working mum of two :boxed:

:boxed: I also thought it was obvious to pretty much everyone being around in the Luke thread from OL's first post there, who's really behind that account and just too clear after having read their debut thread :blink:

Maybe I'm really spending too much time here :roftl:

Sorry if people really thought I could joke about the hardships of being a single working mum of two :boxed:

Not to mention, that I would like to know how many single mums of two are up on a school night on mfc at 2 am?

It all seems very surreal to me, but again, this is *my opinion* which I am stating in a controlled and respectuous way. :thumb_yello:

Why are we spending so much effort speculating on one forum member :boxed:

Good question. If this member is indeed a 'troll', he/she is not worth spending so much time on. If it is in fact an actual legitimate member, she doesn't deserve this kinda stuff being said about her.

Good question. If this member is indeed a 'troll', he/she is not worth spending so much time on. If it is in fact an actual legitimate member, she doesn't deserve this kinda stuff being said about her.

Maybe one or two posts .. but likes dayssss of this .. totally bizarre :shocked:

Not me. :biggrin2:

But I like your idea. If I've ever offended anyone, people should feel free to pm me too. ^^

lol good and thanx! :biggrin2:

I know that at times im sarcastic but i rarely do it on MFC coz reading something can seem different to how you would say it

lol good and thanx! :biggrin2:

I know that at times im sarcastic but i rarely do it on MFC coz reading something can seem different to how you would say it

Yeah exactly. And if I do say something sarcastically, I use as many smilies as possible. :biggrin2:

(In RL people never seem to know when I'm being sarcastic either. :blink::roftl:)

oh cmon, mods know the ips adressess, now at least once can you stalk for a right cause..who's OL? :mf_rosetinted:

Contrary to popular belief IP addresses do not give us names and telephone numbers of users. :wink2:

Yes we do , but I dont give a stuff , initially maybe .. then life moves on to important things like errrrr ohh the football and how much Im looking forward to Madrid

I wish I was going to Madrid. I miss European MFC peeps. :tears:

Yeah exactly. And if I do say something sarcastically, I use as many smilies as possible. :biggrin2:

(In RL people never seem to know when I'm being sarcastic either. :blink::roftl:)

:roftl:

I usually use a really blunt tone of voice lol

The mods are gonna shout at us for going off topic:shocked::naughty:

:roftl:

I usually use a really blunt tone of voice lol

The mods are gonna shout at us for going off topic:shocked::naughty:

I always think I use a blunt tone of voice, but people kinda tend to take me seriously anyway. :blink::roftl:

They're not really on topic either. :mf_rosetinted:

I always think I use a blunt tone of voice, but people kinda tend to take me seriously anyway. :blink::roftl:

Its nice and pleasant though .. thats the main thing :wink2:

I just checked. $1,500!! :shocked:

Crickey! , insane what they are charging

Exactly. ^^

Ah, so technically, we're all on topic. :biggrin2:

lol hahaha there are times when i have to tell people im being sarcastic!

Lol ok well as long as the mods are cool!

Have we chatted before? Im Shameez:wink2:

lol hahaha there are times when i have to tell people im being sarcastic!

Lol ok well as long as the mods are cool!

Have we chatted before? Im Shameez:wink2:

We have that in common then. :naughty:

I don't think we have, I'm Marjolein. ^^

Nice to meet you. :biggrin2: