Please stop the bullying

racha

Last edited by Christine : Today at 01:34 AM. Reason: spaling

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Who is leaving? :blink:

And I talk to you as well without having Bianca force me to do so :blink:.

:naughty:

No one.

You only talk to me because you feel obligated because you're in the Aussie thread ALL THE TIME.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one.

You only talk to me because you feel obligated because you're in the Aussie thread ALL THE TIME.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: But I don't want to leave again! :crybaby:

It's such a cosy place to be!

*handcuffs self to Aussie-thread*

Now try to get rid of me! :crybaby:

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: But I don't want to leave again! :crybaby:

It's such a cosy place to be!

*handcuffs self to Aussie-thread*

Now try to get rid of me! :crybaby:

Wow it's getting kinky around here. :roftl:

Firstly the Francis thread, now here..

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

StuckZ, as I affectionately call her, is one of my most favourite people on MFC. She's smart, has a terrific sense of humour and is very good at getting involved in all types of conversations.

Most of all she willingly talks to me. (That's saying something. :naughty: )

If she leaves, I go too.

*looks around*

Yep, this is the 'complimenting each other' thread. :naughty:

No but we don't all define bullying and discriminating the same way. This is why we keep going round and round in circles.

I would bet that every single member of MFC would stand up and say that they disapprove of or are even totally appalled by bullying and discriminating and yet here we are again talking about the bullying atmosphere on MFC.

We can all do our best to be more aware of other people's points of views, but as long as you have this huge disparity in levels of sensitivity to this kind of thing you're always going to have misunderstandings and the potential for hurt feelings, whether it's intended or not.

And that's the point. People have come into this thread and opened up and said they felt discriminated against, and you are just calling them oversensitive. Of course everyone here doesn't aim to bully or discriminate, but here are people saying it's happening. But we don't realise they are doing it, now we do. :cheerful_h4h:

When I was a newbie, I didn't post for a very long time, as I was a bit intimidated. Not because anyone had done or said anything, but entirely my thing, I just felt like I didn't know anyone and that sort of stopped me.

I think just about everyone felt intimidated at first. And I think that's almost exactly why we have however many 1000 members and no where near that many posters.

And because everyone keeps asking about the purpose of this thread - okay, everyone, next time you see someone new, pull them into your random conversation :thumb_yello:

:lmfao:

Oh man. I think I almost died. That is classic. :lmao:

*cough* I edited my post on the other page to change a spelling of cents *cough*

Wow it's getting kinky around here.

Firstly the Francis thread, now here..

What's in the Francis thread and now here - kinkiness, hand cuffs, or Petra being clingy?? :roftl:

I think it's bad that people have felt intimidated or left out of things around here.

But there can be no clear markings that say "This is X. Be like this."

On one end of the scale you have overly sensitive types. Then on the other end you have non sensitive types. Then all those shades in between. That line in the middle which you're wanting MFC to be is always going to be variable. Nothing is as balanced as you're asking for this to be.

People think there is so much confrontation and disrespect going on on MFC, but MFC is a holiday camp compared to the real world. Try queueing up with 100 MFCers morning, noon and night and you'll see more drama, disrespect and aggression in 3 days than has occurred on MFC since its inception.

Hehe,queuing for 3 days would even make an angel loose its wings!:naughty:

What I am trying to say is that it's up to you to a very large degree to make yourself known and to bond with people. It's like in real life, if you go to a new workplace, or school, anywhere where there is a ready made group: it's mainly up to you to get in there and be active about it.

People here are not trying to be mean and actively going out to "ignore" others so that they can feel bad...They just (naturally) quote the posts that they want to discuss, to agree/disagree, or when they know someone more and they want to chat. Nobody is actively saying "ooh newbie, let me ignore them to make them feel really bad".

As I said though, if one doesn't make an effort and the biggest move, it's not possible to enter an established group. That is just reality, and it's pointless to feel victimised and bullied over it, because it won't resolve anything, and it will only make you feel worse about things.

Yes very well said and very true, but even I as an old member with many posts can easily feel left out if I have made a post and, even more so, tried to be funny,:blush-anim-cl: and nobody responds.

Makes me feel invisible sometimes, but I know that that’s not the true and minutes later I get a lot of quotes, and hopefully people are laughing at my jokes!

Never give up!:wink2:

Yes very well said and very true, but even I as an old member with many posts can easily feel left out if I have made a post and, even more so, tried to be funny,:blush-anim-cl: and nobody responds.

Makes me feel invisible sometimes, but I know that that’s not the true and minutes later I get a lot of quotes, and hopefully people are laughing at my jokes!

Who said that?? :blink:

It happens to me too

When I was a newbie I didn't like it when people threw in-jokes at me, maybe trying to have a laugh, and especially knowing I was a youngling and poor in English understanding... Not funny...:blink:

And another thing would be ignoring newbies and "not-so-popular" users like me and others in certain threads... even if what we say may be out of context :wink2:

awww:wub2:

hugs from a "not so popular" user:naughty:

:huglove:

You know, every time I see you post I have to smile because my name is Kelly D (not giving out surname, but doesn't matter for this story)

I also have a good friend whose name is Kelly D as well and we used to reverse that and call each other dyllek .. Dil - Ek :naughty:

Hehe,queuing for 3 days would even make an angel loose its wings!:naughty:

I often laugh without quoting :bleh:

You know, every time I see you post I have to smile because my name is Kelly D (not giving out surname, but doesn't matter for this story)

I also have a good friend whose name is Kelly D as well and we used to reverse that and call each other dyllek .. Dil - Ek :naughty:

woow:shocked:

you're the very first person who can pronounce my name right on this forum:naughty:

:bow:

you're quite popular in my book :naughty:

me?:blink:

:blush-anim-cl:

Who said that?? :blink:

It happens to me too

:thumb_yello:

I often laugh without quoting :bleh:

Well thank you!:wub2:

You're as popular as anyone else!

I always read your posts, if we are in the same thread of course, that is!:wink2:

You're as popular as anyone else!

I always read your posts, if we are in the same thread of course, that is!:wink2:

I like you! Isn't that enough? :sneaky2:

:wub2:

that's all i need:naughty:

i'm getting popular,mission completed,:mf_rosetinted:

*looks around*

Yep, this is the 'complimenting each other' thread. :naughty:

*compliments OKD on.., ehm, something*

And that's the point. People have come into this thread and opened up and said they felt discriminated against, and you are just calling them oversensitive. Of course everyone here doesn't aim to bully or discriminate, but here are people saying it's happening. But we don't realise they are doing it, now we do. :cheerful_h4h:

*agrees*

I think just about everyone felt intimidated at first. And I think that's almost exactly why we have however many 1000 members and no where near that many posters.

I actually don't think I did. Maybe because the forum wasn't already that "old" and people had FAR less posts in general.

What's in the Francis thread and now here - kinkiness, hand cuffs, or Petra being clingy?? :roftl:

:tears: Are you calling me clingy? :blink:

*hugs Aussie-thread tightly* It's mine!

I think it's bad that people have felt intimidated or left out of things around here.

But there can be no clear markings that say "This is X. Be like this."

On one end of the scale you have overly sensitive types. Then on the other end you have non sensitive types. Then all those shades in between. That line in the middle which you're wanting MFC to be is always going to be variable. Nothing is as balanced as you're asking for this to be.

That is a wonderful way of putting it :cheerful_h4h:

Yes she did.

What kind of information would trolls like Deek enjoy? :blink:

And when people were doing that stuff for Deek they thought she was Mika, not that she was a troll, or they were trying to prove she was him/related, it's like ... if a stalker is spying on someone and sees and stops them from being murdered by a burglar or something, does that make it right they were stalking them? (Sorry, that random stalker example is not inspired by the deek thing, I'm watching CSI, but it's my point)

Amen.

Yes! This is a big issue too!

In RL I don't think I would listen seriously to a 13 year old (:shocked:) but on here I've realised with you, M4L, JJl, etc, how fricking mature you can be, and age doesn't mean anything.

But there is definately discrimination on age, number of posts, join date, language skills, etc, and it's not on :thumbdown:

Yes, this to.

Exactly, exactly, exactly!

Exactly, and this is the whole point of the thread. This is the kind of atmosphere we get whenever any issues stir up the MFC. There's no point saying 'the thread is closed, the drama is over, let's hope it doesn't happen again' because there is no doubt that it will happen again. This board becomes not a nice place to be on whenever we get issues like this, and I wish it didn't.

Exactly, it's a very crappy feeling to be ignored. And it's easily enough to keep people away. What a lovely community we have if it's one like that.

Yeah, exactly what I think.

What happened at your school??!

Huh?

But her very next post explained this is what she meant (which I didn't interpret in the way you did at all)?

It's stupid that anyone should have to offer explanations.

To be allowed to offer opinions on topics on MFC we shouldn't have to establish ourselves / be obsessed with the place / post our life stories in which ever threads first.

Really mature.

If someone is rude/aggressive/offensive to you, the mature way to react is not with the same thing back, surely that is one of the first things everyone learns as a kid? *can't remember the saying*

Saying that, I'll admit it can feel good to let out steam on someone who provokes you, regardless of what the clever thing to do would be.

However, as we've established time and time again, on a written worldwide online forum like this, there's always chance for misinterpretations, and anybody should at least stay calm and establish that someone was infact intending to disrespect them in the first place.

That's what I think. Did I make sence? :blink:

Thanks, OkD :wub2:

Some effing internet perverts contacted grade 6ers (11 year olds) and were being sexual and whatnnot to them. Horrifying at what they might have taken it up a notch to.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

StuckZ, as I affectionately call her, is one of my most favourite people on MFC. She's smart, has a terrific sense of humour and is very good at getting involved in all types of conversations.

Most of all she willingly talks to me. (That's saying something. :naughty: )

If she leaves, I go too.

*blinks back tears*

thanks...bud.

I only read 10 pages, but I've got stuff to do and don't really want to sit at school doing practically nothing...

Okay, guess I'll just create a new account and get my kicks from trolling the forum. Oh guess that was sarcastic, I'll go shoot myself...oh no I did it again..damn :blink:

I love your sig BTW...

how bout that theme song I keep on trying to compose and would love to hear all of you sing!

Erm... no.

facts are all over the forum lately... I hope there are volunteers out there who will PM abusive messages that they have read..

Mods have asked people to do that previously, and some people don't want to.

If people find something offensive of feel like they're being picked on, they should PM the person, and if that does nothing, PM a mod... it's not like you're dobbing on people. Dobbing is when you tell on someone to cause trouble... especially when that person did nothing to you.

I think this shows we are all about due for another Mika gig.

Tell me about it... I'm so glad I'm not on here much...

I know I did not call YOU a bully! :wink2:

why are they calling you a bully? are you hurting them with any comments?

I know Kata has already replied, but anyway... she never said you called her a bully.

People miss her sense of humour...