Please stop the bullying

racha

But, my point was, there are different levels of fan dedication but I don't think when someone joined MFC should come into the equation.

I agree. I've never had the same dedication to Mika as a lot of his fans. I don't even like his music as much as the average MFCer I'd say.

Maybe I'm assuming too much - but since Avoca pointed to my post, I feel like this whole "superior" thing came about because of something I said in the Luke thread. But I never said anything about how being on MFC longer makes you superior to those who aren't.

I said that some of the people who were voicing their disappointment in Mika and concern over the circumstances surrounding Luke's departure have a lot of experience with Mika and his band. And I think that should be taken into consideration before others tell them that they are jumping to wild conclusions and they don't know anything.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I've never had the same dedication to Mika as a lot of his fans. I don't even like his music as much as the average MFCer I'd say.

Maybe I'm assuming too much - but since Avoca pointed to my post, I feel like this whole "superior" thing came about because of something I said in the Luke thread. But I never said anything about how being on MFC longer makes you superior to those who aren't.

I said that some of the people who were voicing their disappointment in Mika and concern over the circumstances surrounding Luke's departure have a lot of experience with Mika and his band. And I think that should be taken into consideration before others tell them that they are jumping to wild conclusions and they don't know anything.

But christine, Mika's been famous for a little over a year now. The deepest connection I know any fans here have had is just going to a gazillion concerts. They don't "know" Mika, or how Mika would make decisions. :naughty: None of us are really close with him. And besides, I doubt if I even knew what Lucy would do in a spot like this and I've been best friends with her all of my life. Mind you, I also know her favourite colour, sexuality, and best friends. Oh and I deffinitely know she has more than 2 pairs of underwear:mf_rosetinted:

So , yes, we jumped to conclusions, we DONT know the true story, or even Mika himself. It's like saying having Lucy dump her boyfriend and me getting really angry at her for it. I don't even know what happened.

But christine, Mika's been famous for a little over a year now. The deepest connection I know any fans here have had is just going to a gazillion concerts. They don't "know" Mika, or how Mika would make decisions. :naughty:

That's exactly the point. There were relative newbies in the thread saying that Mika would *never* do this or *never* do that because it's so out of character, he's just such a nice guy, etc. I think a lot of people who've been around the block know enough to know that they don't know Mika at all. They can see that the face he puts on for fans is absolutely no indication of how he may be treating people in business situations.

Chikadee you are envious because you wished you'd joined sooner. I can be a little envious for the same reason, believe it or not, and I joined months before you!! (Just because I didn't pay attention to all the clues Mika was going to be great earlier!!). Plus I was afraid of posting on a fan club forum....I couldn't believe people were posting stuff like "Goodnight...catch you later" and all that chatty stuff...now I know why, but at the time it seemed weird to me, and not necessarily something I would do...now I eat my words of course.

Likewise -- I found this place in January, but didn't official join for

several weeks. I never imagined I'd have the time to get this

involved :naughty:

I was wrong.:wink2:

Some people go through life not worrying if they stomp on other people's toes on the train. Others go through life doing everything possible to avoid someone else's toes. And there are some who inadvertently stand on toes and do not even realise it, and some who realise it later, and wished they'd realised sooner.

The ones who don't worry think the others worry too much and should chill. The ones who try to avoid hurt are the ones who say there is too much pushing/bullying. And the ones who inadvertently hurt sometimes need to be given either a gentle push or a massive shove to get off whoever's foot they are standing on.

And then there are those who just think common courtesy is worth protecting in principle, even if they haven't been stood on.

MFC reflects the behaviour of train commuters.:naughty:

Wow, I can't tell you how much I love your analogy, BlueSky! I'm saving

it, because it is amazingly accurate, at least based on my experiences.

I definitely see myself in there :original:

Thanks!

dcdeb

That's exactly the point. There were relative newbies in the thread saying that Mika would *never* do this or *never* do that because it's so out of character, he's just such a nice guy, etc. I think a lot of people who've been around the block know enough to know that they don't know Mika at all. They can see that the face he puts on for fans is absolutely no indication of how he may be treating people in business situations.

Yeah, we don't even know if mika's a nice guy !!!

Chikadee you are envious because you wished you'd joined sooner. I can be a little envious for the same reason, believe it or not, and I joined months before you!! (Just because I didn't pay attention to all the clues Mika was going to be great earlier!!). Plus I was afraid of posting on a fan club forum....I couldn't believe people were posting stuff like "Goodnight...catch you later" and all that chatty stuff...now I know why, but at the time it seemed weird to me, and not necessarily something I would do...now I eat my words of course.

Some people go through life not worrying if they stomp on other people's toes on the train. Others go through life doing everything possible to avoid someone else's toes. And there are some who inadvertently stand on toes and do not even realise it, and some who realise it later, and wished they'd realised sooner.

The ones who don't worry think the others worry too much and should chill. The ones who try to avoid hurt are the ones who say there is too much pushing/bullying. And the ones who inadvertently hurt sometimes need to be given either a gentle push or a massive shove to get off whoever's foot they are standing on.

And then there are those who just think common courtesy is worth protecting in principle, even if they haven't been stood on.

Sorry I am just being silly tonight.....

Well you kinda forgot those who don't really want to step on anyone's toes, but do it anyway because people have so mighty big feet that the only way you can avoid stepping on someone is to stand on one leg pressed against the train wall and that really makes it hard to actually enjoy the train ride.

Well you kinda forgot those who don't really want to step on anyone's toes, but do it anyway because people have so mighty big feet that the only way you can avoid stepping on someone is to stand on one leg pressed against the train wall and that really makes it hard to actually enjoy the train ride.

... and those who are holding out their feet hoping for others to fall over.

:naughty:

But you're always welcome to lean on me.

I'm completely different on here then I am in real life... I'm not a troll though.... Didn't know what that was until Kata explained it... :wink2:

I mean when I started posting on here, If you'd told me 5 months down the line I'd have over 2,000 posts I would have laughed in your face... I don't ever post on forums.. I'm far too shy... Or never have anything to say... I just read alot... :shocked:

When I went to see Mika it took me over 3 hours to talk to anyone. And I did recognise alot of you... Kata I remember in particular cos' she never seemed to stop smiling. Not that I spoke to her. I'd be the same again even though I've spoken to alot of people on here now, the only people I did speak to at that gig was Kath, Carrie and Robi I think.... Which is why I probably post mostly in The Oldlings.

But then again that's my problem... and as someone else said, It's up to the individual to make themselves known... noone's going to talk to you if you don't talk to them. If I post something in a forum and it's not noticed - it's not a big deal to me... I'll either stay in that thread and keep posting - or I'll go somewhere else (normally Mikagasmics :roftl:)

I don't think what I've read in the Luke thread is bullying though... not completely... I mean I was bullied non stop for nine years and that's not the way that I read it... Just people with strong opinions having a slightly heated discussion... isn't that what a forum is about... :blink:

I'm sorry though if some people feel that they were bullied, overlooked or ignored... I've always felt pretty comfortable here myself, but this again is just my opinion...

I never posted that much in the Luke thread... because I don't know anything period... but like Christine said I can't say that Mika would "Never" do something like that or it's not in his character because I don't know him at all. You can speculate to the cows come home... but it'll get you nowhere, but it's always fun to do... :thumb_yello:

At the end of the day we're all different...

Some have been here a long time... have had countless cancellations, disappointments and are feeling disilussioned because of it... they're entitled to feel this way...

Some have been here for awhile... and have had nothing but good experiences.... again they're entitled to put up threads to try and get this happy vibe back again...

Some like me are new to all this and still haven't gotten out of their :mf_rosetinted: phase yet... I'm happy like this still - so shoot me :naughty:

and anyway isn't this what makes this forum great in the first place.

OK this post is mostly nonsense so I think I'll shut up now...

Good Post Laurel! :thumb_yello: It is all about being different people.

And I'll be gone the day this place expects us all to become a single identity. I will continue to say what I want when I want. Because if I say what you want when you want me too, who have I become?

Kata said "Well you kinda forgot those who don't really want to step on anyone's toes, but do it anyway because people have so mighty big feet that the only way you can avoid stepping on someone is to stand on one leg pressed against the train wall and that really makes it hard to actually enjoy the train ride."

I like this extension of my train commuter analogy, and it sounds just like Tokyo trains AND my only Mika gig!! (I stood on one leg the whole time AND nearly lost my clothes in the squash!)

While my Tokyo crowded train experiences are not quite like this:

Crowded_Train.jpg

I can say from experience that even thought the train ride itself can sometimes be uncomfortable, if the destination is attractive enough, it can sort of help me forget the rest.:naughty:

Sorry I am just being silly tonight.....

I love this analogy!

Nice comments BSKY

Actually I think most of the original members have left :boxed:

Do you think this is because they're no longer as into Mika, they don't like the way the forum has changed, they've got too much stuff going on in their lives, some combination of the above or something else completely?

I love this analogy!

Do you think this is because they're no longer as into Mika, they don't like the way the forum has changed, they've got too much stuff going on in their lives, some combination of the above or something else completely?

I think Mika isnt doing what he was at the start , it was all mega new .. album , singles , tours etc etc

The forum has changed , its not as sparky in some areas but that is due to many reasons , the originals just dont seem to want to spend that long here or have moved on from Mika / become bored with him

I'm completely different on here then I am in real life... I'm not a troll though.... Didn't know what that was until Kata explained it...

I mean when I started posting on here, If you'd told me 5 months down the line I'd have over 2,000 posts I would have laughed in your face... I don't ever post on forums.. I'm far too shy... Or never have anything to say... I just read alot... :shocked:

When I went to see Mika it took me over 3 hours to talk to anyone. And I did recognise alot of you... Kata I remember in particular cos' she never seemed to stop smiling. Not that I spoke to her. I'd be the same again even though I've spoken to alot of people on here now, the only people I did speak to at that gig was Kath, Carrie and Robi I think.... Which is why I probably post mostly in The Oldlings.

But then again that's my problem... and as someone else said, It's up to the individual to make themselves known... noone's going to talk to you if you don't talk to them. If I post something in a forum and it's not noticed - it's not a big deal to me... I'll either stay in that thread and keep posting - or I'll go somewhere else (normally Mikagasmics )

I don't think what I've read in the Luke thread is bullying though... not completely... I mean I was bullied non stop for nine years and that's not the way that I read it... Just people with strong opinions having a slightly heated discussion... isn't that what a forum is about... :blink:

I'm sorry though if some people feel that they were bullied, overlooked or ignored... I've always felt pretty comfortable here myself, but this again is just my opinion...

I never posted that much in the Luke thread... because I don't know anything period... but like Christine said I can't say that Mika would "Never" do something like that or it's not in his character because I don't know him at all. You can speculate to the cows come home... but it'll get you nowhere, but it's always fun to do... :thumb_yello:

At the end of the day we're all different...

Some have been here a long time... have had countless cancellations, disappointments and are feeling disilussioned because of it... they're entitled to feel this way...

Some have been here for awhile... and have had nothing but good experiences.... again they're entitled to put up threads to try and get this happy vibe back again...

Some like me are new to all this and still haven't gotten out of their :mf_rosetinted: phase yet... I'm happy like this still - so shoot me :naughty:

and anyway isn't this what makes this forum great in the first place.

OK this post is mostly nonsense so I think I'll shut up now...

:gun_bandana: Sorry Laurel, it just had to be done. :naughty:

FWIW I think your post is mostly balanced and common sense, so thanks for that!