Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunken eyes? That gives an impression of loss of sleep (like, where it goes really dark and dull around your eyes. Not necessarily lack of sleep, but the imagery) or maybe there just doesn't seem to be any life behind them ("the eyes are the windows to the soul").

I don't know why they try to fly? Fly to the jealous skies I assume. Maybe this person feels like they have something to prove (hence the jealousy), in which case "I guess to climb another notch" is self explanatory. You know, to prove their worth.

The only dance where people watch? They put on their best behaviour when people are watching them, is my interpretation. They give what they need to give, they get their attention. But behind all that is a more sinister personality.

Back to the first line, maybe there is nothing to their life apart from striving to achieve, to prove that they're the best.

This person isn't like those kind of jealous people. They don't feel they have anything to prove, they do their own thing without worrying about others.

"you'll still be dancing come what may". What you see is what you get. How they act around you, is how they always act, no matter the aituation. They stride on in life and battle everything they face, they don't give up. They still dance.

Basically, he holds this person in high regard. In fact, he really admires this person, but I guess I didn't need to explain that.

I think what he's saying here, is that being the centre of attention isn't everything (BAD Luke, he spelt centre the American way!) and that if you give what they want, you'll get what you want in return "they think the center's not hard to find" but in actual fact, "they're blind", because it seems that "it's lonely there; nothing to do."

If this IS about fame or fortune or popularity, I think what he's trying to say is that it's not all it's cracked up to be, it's all false and lies. There are no real friends, and so many people fall into that trap. Luke gives the impression that these people are headstrong and won't listen to anyone, because he says "so let them have their point of view", leave them to it and let them make their mistakes.

This person doesn't fall into that trap. Fame? Fortune? Popularity? No, s/he just dances, and continue to get on with their life, doing what they want. They're carefree.

"And I'd still be laughing everyday". Not too sure on this bit. Maybe he'd be laughing at those who don't see the world for what it truly is.

ta-duh.

Bows to Caz :bow:

I feel very privileged to have someone like you bow down to me! :king:

What a sarcastic bully? Not that I was being sarcastic at this point of course. I do admire your analysis and for what it's worth think you have it spot on, it's now just a case of placing the people into the jigsaw. :wink2:

What a sarcastic bully? Not that I was being sarcastic at this point of course. I do admire your analysis and for what it's worth think you have it spot on, it's now just a case of placing the people into the jigsaw. :wink2:

Oh I wasn't being sarcastic at all!!! I AM privileged!!! I hold you in high regard :thumb_yello:

and YAAAAAY, no debates :roftl: not that i would have minded if you disagreed, but i'm knackered from all this verbal banter :naughty:

anyway....i wonder who they are.......?

i think it's comparison of two people...two people who he knows very well...

Note his use of the word "they" twice in the first verse:

I don’t know why they try to fly

I guess to climb another notch

They only dance where people watch

So maybe the comparison of multiple somebodies to some other somebody who he holds in high regard...?

Note his use of the word "they" twice in the first verse:

I don’t know why they try to fly

I guess to climb another notch

They only dance where people watch

So maybe the comparison of multiple somebodies to some other somebody who he holds in high regard...?

it could be multiple people. it could be a bunch of people in the industry (if about that) in general. It could of course, just be referred to one person. We know nothing, like always! :roftl: Oh it's fun knowing nothing! :biggrin2:

of course, the word "they" could just be a cover word for a gender...

"i dont know why s/he tries to fly

i guess to climb another notch

s/he only dances where people watch...

etc :wink2:

I thought so too. But maybe i am also losing it. :yay: we are all going mad!

I have to admit, that song, when i first listened to it, i didnt get it at all. which is weird cuz usually i come up with all these fantastical things of what it could mean, but i didnt. But now that you guys have discussed it, i feel like it is one of his most meaningful songs to me!

Sunken eyes? That gives an impression of loss of sleep (like, where it goes really dark and dull around your eyes. Not necessarily lack of sleep, but the imagery) or maybe there just doesn't seem to be any life behind them ("the eyes are the windows to the soul").

I don't know why they try to fly? Fly to the jealous skies I assume. Maybe this person feels like they have something to prove (hence the jealousy), in which case "I guess to climb another notch" is self explanatory. You know, to prove their worth.

The only dance where people watch? They put on their best behaviour when people are watching them, is my interpretation. They give what they need to give, they get their attention. But behind all that is a more sinister personality.

Back to the first line, maybe there is nothing to their life apart from striving to achieve, to prove that they're the best.

This person isn't like those kind of jealous people. They don't feel they have anything to prove, they do their own thing without worrying about others.

"you'll still be dancing come what may". What you see is what you get. How they act around you, is how they always act, no matter the aituation. They stride on in life and battle everything they face, they don't give up. They still dance.

Basically, he holds this person in high regard. In fact, he really admires this person, but I guess I didn't need to explain that.

I think what he's saying here, is that being the centre of attention isn't everything (BAD Luke, he spelt centre the American way!) and that if you give what they want, you'll get what you want in return "they think the center's not hard to find" but in actual fact, "they're blind", because it seems that "it's lonely there; nothing to do."

If this IS about fame or fortune or popularity, I think what he's trying to say is that it's not all it's cracked up to be, it's all false and lies. There are no real friends, and so many people fall into that trap. Luke gives the impression that these people are headstrong and won't listen to anyone, because he says "so let them have their point of view", leave them to it and let them make their mistakes.

This person doesn't fall into that trap. Fame? Fortune? Popularity? No, s/he just dances, and continue to get on with their life, doing what they want. They're carefree.

"And I'd still be laughing everyday". Not too sure on this bit. Maybe he'd be laughing at those who don't see the world for what it truly is.

ta-duh.

Thank you Cazgirl!

Interesting to read.:thumb_yello:

I do admire your analysis and for what it's worth think you have it spot on, it's now just a case of placing the people into the jigsaw. :wink2:

:thumb_yello: and it doesn't take the brightest bulb on the tanning bed to do that...

:thumb_yello: and it doesn't take the brightest bulb on the tanning bed to do that...

omg! that is my fave saying ever! *high fives* me and my friends say that to eachother all the time. but the only reason we say it is cuz we are Juno freaks.:naughty:

omg! that is my fave saying ever! *high fives* me and my friends say that to eachother all the time. but the only reason we say it is cuz we are Juno freaks.:naughty:

hahaha. Half of what comes out of my mouth is from that movie I think :naughty:

*High 5's*

LOL, do you guys even agree with what I posted?! :roftl:

Caz, you just crack me up. I love you,really:wub2:.You're a sweetie.

anyway....i wonder who they are.......?

Reminds me of a song by an artist that I can't remember, it went "And I wonder"....and then he said lots of I wonders for different things, it's really cool...

it could be multiple people. it could be a bunch of people in the industry (if about that) in general. It could of course, just be referred to one person. We know nothing, like always! :roftl: Oh it's fun knowing nothing! :biggrin2:

of course, the word "they" could just be a cover word for a gender...

"i dont know why s/he tries to fly

i guess to climb another notch

s/he only dances where people watch...

etc :wink2:

Yes, I was thinking something along those lines for the "they". Used as an efficient way of implying many things at once, or having the chance/ability to do so....

Quite clever.

I also have an idea about the "jealous skies".

The sky is around you, surrounding you, over you....Could it be used as a simil to "jalous surroundings"?

Jealousy in his immediate environment...amongst those around/ perhaps even over him? Not necessarily very highly above, but perhaps in a "perceived" superior position...

The fact that Luke is not at this time performing with Mika and the band is indeed sad, not least of all to the individuals to whom this is actually relevant.

As much as many would like to insist that it is out of sheer admiration or love of Luke's abilities as a musician that they persist in needing to know the particulars of why this one member of the band has, as they see it, been so unjustly released from his job as keyboardist, I see it very differently. Needing to know these details has nothing to do with respecting or caring for Luke or being such a passionate music lover. Those details, quite frankly don't even concern me, much less anyone here really.

How have so many even come to the conclusion that there is credible information ? What you consider to be fairly convincing information is based solely on a few exchanges that a few individuals have had with Luke. And I do not discredit Luke but there is much more to the story than imagined.

Because of a few exchanges with Luke, some have immediately taken at face value all that they have been told. It seems the very idea of being confided to has clouded the perspective of many .... to the point that many have completely lost perspective of the situation. And thus taking Luke's situation almost as a personal affront.

I will be frank. To me, and being a complete outsider to the situation, it is looking more and more like not even Mika probably has fully reliable information at this time.

You're only as good as your sources :wink2:. And this applies to all sides.

Who knows what stories he has been told, and no, this is not coming from Luke, but from me after thinking about it a lot and hearing many bits and bobs and putting many things together.....Sorry if this is not coming out very well, but Iam very tired so my writing is not going to be great ,and neither is my reasoning.

I could go on and on but will probably leave it for when I make more sense.

I might add that of course "we" (or should I only speak for myself and say I?) am interested in the circumstances surrounding this.

Why?

Because I believe it to possibly be unfair.

Because I believe that people need to be treated with some respect.

Because I had an "idea" of what Mika's character may have been like, and now I am finding that this situation is making me re-think that.

You will say what difference does it make what you think of Mika's character? And I say it makes all the difference. One of the reasons why I have been such an "intense" Mika fan was indeed the person that I believed that was behind the MIKA guy, the sweet, sensitive guy.

If something happens that threatens that image, I will of course be interested to know what it is, and the details of it.

Luke (as the rest of the band exceptn Saranayde) has been with Mika for a very long time, Mika himself has made them all a big integral part of the show, and I think that this makes anyone who has followed him automatically interested in what happens with them. Especially the ones that are liked, as they have always been nice to the fans.