Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

I've been reading this thread (and part1) with interest, even put my pennyworth in before, and something has just occurred to me -

we don't realise how lucky we are to be able to do this!

When I was young a fan club was mosly 3 or 4 newsletters a year and some tacky 'club exclusive' goodies. If we wanted to find out what was going on with an artist we would find out from Smash Hits and think ourselves really lucky to catch our fave person in an interview on Swap Shop or Wogan. Band members would change and most of us wouldn't find out until the publicity for the next single/album came out.

With the internet now we can discuss these things in pretty much real time, we can go to an artists profile on Myspace and listen to, even download, new stuff. I've heard more new music in the last month than I could ever have believed possible.

Luke will do fine whatever projects he works on, and regardless of the rights and wrongs of the situation, not being in Mika's band is and will work to his advantage. Of course we will miss him but he will always be on the Mika Youtube clips.

So endeth my burble x

You made some very good points coolrose!

Very true:thumb_yello:

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My interpretation was different! Although I was kidding.

But honestly, I don't see anything too outlandish in Babs' or Caz's interpretation. I think they did a great job breaking it down.

--Jack

awwww!! thanks Jack! :wub2:

My interpretation was different! Although I was kidding.

But honestly, I don't see anything too outlandish in Babs' or Caz's interpretation. I think they did a great job breaking it down.

--Jack

:tears: :tears:

:mf_rosetinted:

:tears: :tears:

:mf_rosetinted:

ZOMG!! ZOMG!!

Abuse! Discrimination! Outrage!

Reporttttttttt!

Poor Kavi's dissection of the song has been ignored... I could call that passive bullying I guess:naughty:

Jack, bad girl, I mean boy, erm....bad person!!:thumbdown:

:bleh::roftl:

ZOMG!! ZOMG!!

Reporttttttttt!

Poor Kavi's dissection of the song has been ignored... I could call that passive bullying I guess:naughty:

Jack, bad girl, I mean boy, erm....bad person!!::

Hahah, didn't you do one too, Sari? I think I just wrote the two names that came to mind first: as Yop said, all of them were along the same lines!

--Jack

:roftl::roftl: Well I didn't really mean that lol....is that really bullying?!? :blink::roftl:

Hahah, didn't you do one too, Sari? I think I just wrote the two names that came to mind first: as Yop said, all of them were along the same lines!

--Jack

I threw a few ideas here and there, yes:naughty:. But maybe they're all similar cause

a-we're all so clever or

b-it's so obvious

Now it's just a matter of picking...

:roftl::roftl: Well I didn't really mean that lol....is that really bullying?!? :blink::roftl:

Wel, it seems like people have lots of different ideas here on what constitutes what , so I thought I'd say it...hehe..

I threw a few ideas here and there, yes:naughty:. But maybe they're all similar cause

a-we're all so clever or

b-it's so obvious

Now it's just a matter of picking...

I think that's it!

I'd love to stay and chat but I gtg to Uni now :thumbdown: Take care!!! and I'll be back :naughty:

i think it's comparison of two people...two people who he knows very well...i wonder who they are? :fisch:

:naughty:

Hello, I was born yesterday! I just realized that it's a part 2! :shocked:

You're a clever baby:blink:

I thought so too. But maybe i am also losing it. :yay: we are all going mad!

Naah, I don't think so. We already lost it:mf_rosetinted:

ZOMG!! ZOMG!!

Reporttttttttt!

Poor Kavi's dissection of the song has been ignored... I could call that passive bullying I guess

Jack, bad girl, I mean boy, erm....bad person!!:thumbdown:

--Jack

I will report you, Jack. Seriously, you are being mean and nasty, ignoring my elaborate flash of genius as well. This can and will not be tolerated on this forum! :thumbdown:

a-we're all so clever or

b-it's so obvious

It must be a because...

if it was b some could jump to conclusions in reverse and call us bullies. You also only averted personal disaster (ban) because you were so wise as to step back from adding 'c-some of us have a college degree' :insane:

Still you're playing with fire, Missy! :sneaky2:

It must be a because...

if it was b some could jump to conclusions in reverse and call us bullies. You also only averted personal disaster (ban) because you were so wise as to step back from adding 'c-some of us have a college degree' :insane:

Well, I like it hot hot hot !:naughty:

as i just wrote in a PM (call me a sh*t stirrer (again :naughty:) or whatever) :

"whatever, i was just trying to cool things down cause this thread makes me uncomfortable... it's so easy to slap someone down (talking about mikey) after they loved him for 18 months ! human kind versatility (both sides IF something happened between the band members) always impresses me and makes me feel uncomfortable. i was not saying they were wrong, just trying to bring another point of view for it not to be another "bash mikey" round. as we all say, people obviously know nothing, and i don't think if luke had done something terrible against mikey before he was impolitely (not) told out, he would have told sara and bab the day they met him. so... i think i'll just stop reading, as always ! i don't have much to read left..."

Tbh this thread and all the Mikey-bashing taking place elsewhere on the forum also makes me uncomfortable.

As far as I know, Luke said he didn't know why he was sacked.

So he might be speculating himself about the who and the why and I firmly believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty...

as i just wrote in a PM (call me a sh*t stirrer (again :naughty:) or whatever) :

"whatever, i was just trying to cool things down cause this thread makes me uncomfortable... it's so easy to slap someone down (talking about mikey) after they loved him for 18 months ! human kind versatility (both sides IF something happened between the band members) always impresses me and makes me feel uncomfortable. i was not saying they were wrong, just trying to bring another point of view for it not to be another "bash mikey" round. as we all say, people obviously know nothing, and i don't think if luke had done something terrible against mikey before he was impolitely (not) told out, he would have told sara and bab the day they met him. so... i think i'll just stop reading, as always ! i don't have much to read left..."

Tbh this thread and all the Mikey-bashing taking place elsewhere on the forum also makes me uncomfortable.

As far as I know, Luke said he didn't know why he was sacked.

So he might be speculating himself about the who and the why and I firmly believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty...

For clarification purposes:

I personally always had neutral feelings about Mikey, I didn't like him, and I didn't dislike him, so I can hardly be told to have suddenly changed my stance about him.

Let me also say that (this is hypothetical) if you happen to love someone and then find out that they did something terrible, your feelings and opinions about this person change, don't they?

And once again, for the record:

Luke has not said anything bad about Mickey

Luke has not said anything bad about Mika

Luke has not said anything bad about anyone!!

All he has said is that he was let go, didn't see it coming, and didn't really know why.

The rest has been merely *our* speculation.

It must be a because...

relax, take it easy!!

[/end cheesy moment]

I couldn't be here yesterday, I came back today and what I've see? PART 2!!! :lmfao: OMG... you guys are just crazy! LOL... I would say I love you guys...but since I don't love anyone so... I must say I like you :lmfao:

I just also want to add that some of the Mikey bashing has gotten a bit much, since we DON'T know anything for certain. I realize that some things people may have heard have gotten them upset, and I quite understand that. And I don't mind cheeky speculations, and hypothetical questions, but we don't know enough to be quite as militant as we have been. :huh: Ie, even if we're upset about something we think may have happened, do we really need to insult Mikey's musical ability/height/weight/looks/whatever? Some of it started off as joking, but got a bit too directly aggressive for me. No matter how much some of us may think think we know, it is all speculation so far, so...

I don't necessarily believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty (life isn't court, and proofs can be withheld or kept secret after all :wink2:), but I do believe in being cautious with accusations, or with acting on speculation.

--Jack

I just also want to add that some of the Mikey bashing has gotten a bit much, since we DON'T know anything for certain. I realize that some things people may have heard have gotten them upset, and I quite understand that. And I don't mind cheeky speculations, and hypothetical questions, but we don't know enough to be quite as militant as we have been. :huh: Ie, even if we're upset about something we think may have happened, do we really need to insult Mikey's musical ability/height/weight/looks/whatever? Some of it started off as joking, but got a bit too directly aggressive for me. No matter how much some of us may think think we know, it is all speculation so far, so...

--Jack

Thanks Jack. My thoughts, exactly.