Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

I'm not bashing Mikey, I'm just bashing trolls - if Mikey happens to be one, then that's just too bad :insane:

Well I wasn't talking about you Kata. :biggrin2:

(And hey, I've been more complicit in what I've been talking about myself than I may wish...)

--Jack

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification Sara... I wasn't talking about you in particular, tho, I was just pointing at the general atmosphere :wink2:

yes, I just wanted to say it for the record:thumb_yello:

Ie, even if we're upset about something we think may have happened, do we really need to insult Mikey's musical ability/height/weight/looks/whatever? Some of it started off as joking, but got a bit too directly aggressive for me.

I totally agree with that and what Yop and Niki have said. People can form whatever opinions they want about Mikey (or anyone else), but that doesn't give them license to bash him on a public forum. Not this one anyway.

I know everyone has had their fun with the troll and there's been a lot of heated speculation about Luke's departure...but I think bashing Mikey here is uncalled for.

I've been reading this thread (and part1) with interest, even put my pennyworth in before, and something has just occurred to me -

we don't realise how lucky we are to be able to do this!

When I was young a fan club was mosly 3 or 4 newsletters a year and some tacky 'club exclusive' goodies. If we wanted to find out what was going on with an artist we would find out from Smash Hits and think ourselves really lucky to catch our fave person in an interview on Swap Shop or Wogan. Band members would change and most of us wouldn't find out until the publicity for the next single/album came out.

With the internet now we can discuss these things in pretty much real time, we can go to an artists profile on Myspace and listen to, even download, new stuff. I've heard more new music in the last month than I could ever have believed possible.

Luke will do fine whatever projects he works on, and regardless of the rights and wrongs of the situation, not being in Mika's band is and will work to his advantage. Of course we will miss him but he will always be on the Mika Youtube clips.

So endeth my burble x

Interesting!

Yes it feels like we are living in new and very different world thanks to the internet and some of us are happy enough to have the experience of them both!:wink2:

:tears: :tears:

:mf_rosetinted:

I read your interpretation with great interest!:thumb_yello:

Please don't cry.:wink2:

What's going on here anyway? :naughty:

I've obviously missed a lot, lost the plot, dropped the ball, whatever!

People bashing Mikey? :blink:

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one in complete ignorance of the whole Mikey bashing thing lol

I didn't know what a troll was either till yesterday :shocked:

I'm so behind.... :wink2:

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one in complete ignorance of the whole Mikey bashing thing lol

I didn't know what a troll was either till yesterday :shocked:

I'm so behind.... :wink2:

Oh, don't worry!

Stay in here and you will soon be fully educated!:wink2:

... it's so easy to slap someone down (talking about mikey) after they loved him for 18 months

I can't remember ever having loved Mikey. I think I'm not senile enough yet (a bit too juvenile more so) to not remember the last 18 months. I didn't even know about Mika or this forum or any of you back then. I'm very glad I do now because you're all great personalities with a lot of traits of character I really appreciate. I'm usually not that reluctant when it comes to adopting perspectives on a matter that were not originally mine. You know that. In this case I'm just having a very hard time, though. To be frank, I just can't see the 'other side' as (I think) I know too much of the one where I'm standing right now. So back to Mikey, it's really not that much of a downfall for me as I barely noticed him at gigs etc... he was there, played bass, okay. I have never questioned his skills when it comes to his contribution to Mika's shows.

People obviously know nothing .

But by saying that you imply that you have meta-knowledge of what people know and what not. I don't see a big difference there.

Tbh this thread and all the Mikey-bashing taking place elsewhere on the forum also makes me uncomfortable.

And once again, for the record:

Luke has not said anything bad about Mickey

Luke has not said anything bad about Mika

Luke has not said anything bad about anyone!!

All he has said is that he was let go, didn't see it coming, and didn't really know why.

The rest has been merely *our* speculation.

Yep, all speculation not necessarily based on what Luke said.

I'm not bashing Mikey, I'm just bashing trolls - if Mikey happens to be one, then that's just too bad :insane:

enemies_internet_trolls.jpg

I agree with everything that has been said.

That's very diplomatic. :thumb_yello: Do you give lessons? Where can I sign up? :naughty:

However, as there is so much uneasiness around and I think I got my point across I might just go back to indifference concerning the subject. Just for the forum as I cannot change my mind on public demand. :no:

Maybe I'll have to stay away for a bit because if the troll should appear again I'll have a hard time with official indifference and such... :roftl:

Sorry, but I feel strongly about this.

I could go and delete the posts which may have upset some, but that's not my style.

But by saying that you imply that you have meta-knowledge of what people know and what not. I don't see a big difference there.

:boxed: do i ?? really ??? :boxed: if i do, it's not meant to be implied. AT ALL. (no sarcasm here 100%)

What ... can not everyone have a comment now :shocked::shocked:

yes of course, we're just back where we started...but since we don't have any new information that's not really a big surprise.

What ... can not everyone have a comment now :shocked::shocked:

I might be wrong - but I think that comment was in relation to the fact that it's been said over and over that no one's saying Mika can't switch up his band as he likes.

All the hundreds of pages of drama concerns not simply the fact that Mika made a change, but the circumstances of said change.

That's all. You may now return to your regularly scheculed programming. :thumb_yello:

For me .....

Mika is called Mika its not called Mika and Luke and Cherrise and Mikey, I think he can and will change the band as he wishes , the band he has now wasnt even on LICM.

That my two cents , pennies , euros

Why do people keep saying that as though that somehow relates to what people are upset about? Everybody agrees that Mika can and will change the band how he wishes. That doesn't have to do with what has some people up in arms at all.

Unless you were just stating it as a general observation, Freddie. In which case, yes, I agree, and also the sky is blue but sometimes has clouds. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

I might be wrong - but I think that comment was in relation to the fact that it's been said over and over that no one's saying Mika can't switch up his band as he likes.

All the hundreds of pages of drama concerns not simply the fact that Mika made a change, but the circumstances of said change.

That's all. You may now return to your regularly scheculed programming. :thumb_yello:

Ohhhh

Ill have a pizza and watch the football I think

<walks out huffed> :boxed:

For me .....

Mika is called Mika its not called Mika and Luke and Cherrise and Mikey, I think he can and will change the band as he wishes , the band he has now wasnt even on LICM.

That my two cents , pennies , euros

Nice guy though :thumb_yello: , will be missed

ohmygod, my thoughts exactly !!! :shocked: I thought it was just my hormonel imbalance that lead me to believe that I will miss Luke, but not as much as I would mika!:roftl:

Why do people keep saying that as though that somehow relates to what people are upset about? Everybody agrees that Mika can and will change the band how he wishes. That doesn't have to do with what has some people up in arms at all.

Unless you were just stating it as a general observation, Freddie. In which case, yes, I agree, and also the sky is blue but sometimes has clouds. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

I never said my post had anything to do with the MFC being up in arms

I was stating my opinion ... thats what the MFC needs to allow people to do without being jumped all over and :mf_rosetinted:everywhere

I said I expect Mika will as he wished change the band , I never said it was right or wrong .. I never said the MFC wouldnt or SHOULDNT be upset

I was stating what I thought

I never said my post had anything to do with the MFC being up in arms

I was stating my opinion ... thats what the MFC needs to allow people to do without being jumped all over and :mf_rosetinted:everywhere

I said I expect Mika will as he wished change the band , I never said it was right or wrong .. I never said the MFC wouldnt or SHOULDNT be upset

I was stating what I thought

Well like I said, in that case, I agree! Also I should say, far as I am concerned, I think that Mika chap makes quite good music! :ap_rosetinted::naughty: Also, I'd like to say that in my opinion, he is not half-bad looking.

--Jack

(hopes this doesn't count as bullying, love ya Freddie)