The Australian Thread: Part Fourteen

Rainbow Sky

Guess what? I'm going to bed right now! Hurrah!

Goodnight. :wub2:

I hope you all have fun without me tomorrow.

you've still got 3 minutes of MFC time.. :naughty:

Goonie Dightey :bye:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to start the term with my best foot forward! I've already packed my bag and folder. I still have to tidy my room a little though. I've got another 40 minutes!

This term I'm planning on doing all of my homework and assignments as soon as I get them, studying excessively for all of my exams and completely learning all three of my piano exam pieces!

I know. Not likely going to happen.

Haha! I love that feeling! Isn't it adorable? How easily we can fool ourselves? Just today I was deciding I would already do all my study prep (like learning objectives and stuff) for one of my units NOW in the HOLIDAYS :roftl: I come up with the stupidest ideas sometimes. Deep down I know I am going to not go to a single lecture of that class when the time comes :roftl:

I'm repeating it (because I am the world's biggest nerd and did an ANATOMY unit last year instead of an ELECTIVE even though I KNEW I would have to do the exact same unit again this year :doh:) *shrug*

And we live in a cruel, cruel world :tears: I thought for about 50 fleeting seconds that I was going on a free trip to Argentina to star in the best show in the Universe and prove my coordination skills once and for all. And then I learned you have to go to SYDNEY for the auditions. :crybaby:

Please excuse me while I go and hang my self for living in the boringest state in the world.

*saunters into Aussie thread smelling of sunscreen and wearing star-shaped sunglasses* (Tanya's back)

Yay! My exam is OVER! I'm FREEEEE! :kachinga:

AND I'm around about 100%-ish certain I passed (I keep saying this, and if I failed I am going to cry :roftl: but I did so well that I had extra time to count the amount of answers I am certain I got correct)

Yay! Well done--is that the one you had to repeat?

Funny, I remember having an extensive conversation somewhere about what he's eating in that picture. It went through various possibilities, from cereal with banana slices to bowtie pasta. I'm pretty sure we concluded it was the bowtie pasta.

Yep, we did...I was a part of that conversation...

*le sigh* I wanna gooooo!

Then go!!

*can't believe this is still being discussed*

It was my avvie for about 6 minutes!

Here is the one I had:

av100.jpg

*hmph* Mine was different

I've just noticed something. Look at the way 'Beatles' is spelt in that picture.

'Beatels'. :roftl:

Yeah...some fan THEY are...

Ambrose has the hickups.

*points and laughs*

Hiccups.

*points and laughs*

Hello everyone !!

SD: I LOVE POLKADOTS & STRIPES !! *want's p/dot pj's*

I'm currently sporting Betty Boop flannelette pj's .... :naughty: .... they were a gift from a friend who knows me well !! :wink2::roftl:

I've got an American Apparel hoodie that's white with black polka dots...one day, my friend completely out of the blue said, 'Your polka dots are very friendly-looking.'

So now it's my Friendly Polka Dot sweater.

Finally it's working. (It only stopped for a few minuites :naughty:)

This is th eonly active thread so I thought I'd stop by. Hello :biggrin2:

MFC stopped working?

I guess that was after I had to leave because my internet started being a poo and cutting out every 5 minutes. *growls*

*yawns*

Make Meeks do a somersault:naughty:

Hahaha...reminds me of this one song..."Peel Me A Grape"

*tells Mika to do a somersault*

*a fantastic super speed somersault that causes his clothes to go flying in all directions :fisch:*

*watches as Mika does fantastic super speed somersault*

*thinks somersault looks wrong, and likes the other spelling better*

*thinks it makes more sence*

How did you spell it the first time?

Hello peoples!

OKD fix your avatar please!

Kelzy, how's my little smut buddy. BTW you already sent me myspace friend request ages ago, how come there was a second.....did you start a new page?

Tanyaaaaaaaaa! *chains to MFC*

And check this, pedants:

iDontgetlaid.jpg

(Yes, I am obviously now browsing that site and will be spamming ever second half-amusing image I find)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am TOTALLY renaming my iPod that.

(Yes...renaming, meaning she already has a name. And a gender.)

What's a pedant? :blush-anim-cl:

Someone who compulsively*has* to correct people else they go insane...

Hello ladies. Well, finally got the kids to bed, hubby is out, made it onto the computer, caught up with the thread, then Max jumped up onto the computer table to get my attention (which he's soooo not allowed on) so I picked him up, and he jumped out of my arms and now he's vomited on the carpet. I'll see you shortly!

Sounds like a fun day!

Someone who likes to correct people :wink2:

and it drives the rest of us crazy :naughty:

HY-PO-CRITE!

Check out this blog, it's brilliant: http://kidneyandthekingdom.tumblr.com/

The guy went to Saudi Arabia to give a kidney to his dad. And he is a fantastic blog-writer.

Was it Charlie the Unicorn's kidney?

Oh really? I feel sooooooo bad for you :sad:

but have a good day at school :naughty::flowers2:

You only get 2 weeks vacation? That's bullsh*t.:thumbdown:

Yeah, but it's winter for them right now...

I want to start the term with my best foot forward! I've already packed my bag and folder. I still have to tidy my room a little though. I've got another 40 minutes!

This term I'm planning on doing all of my homework and assignments as soon as I get them, studying excessively for all of my exams and completely learning all three of my piano exam pieces!

I know. Not likely going to happen.

That's what *I* said.

It's the day after Queen + Paul Rodger's album is released! Excited, excited, excited, excited, excited.

I loved Paul Rodgers in Free, I loved Queen - the two together :no:

Yay! My exam is OVER! I'm FREEEEE!

AND I'm around about 100%-ish certain I passed (I keep saying this, and if I failed I am going to cry :roftl: but I did so well that I had extra time to count the amount of answers I am certain I got correct)

100%-ish? Hedging our bets, are we?

YES I DO KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN GONE......DON'T YOU YELL AT ME...YOU DIDN'T EVEN REALISE I WAS GONE!

I missed you dearie. We old people don't have much in our lives.

Someone who likes to correct people and it drives the rest of us crazy :naughty:

Not as much as a pedant is driven crazy by all the mistakes around:glasses2:

I have now officially finished all of my holiday homework! And not a moment too soon.

Well not if you have to go back tomorrow, it isn't :roftl:

I'd rather he was a pedant than a procrastinator..

Leave procrastination until tomorrow :naughty:

*peruses into Aussie thread smelling of sunscreen and wearing star-shaped sunglasses*

No no no no no no. You can peruse a thread. You can peer into a thread. But you cannot peruse into it.

:glasses2: I am a pedant.

Hahaha...reminds me of this one song..."Peel Me A Grape"

Someone sang that song (well, some of it) on Good News Week last week. I'd never heard it before. Some black chick with a great voice. Accompanied by a guy on a double bass (if memory serves me correctly).

No no no no no no. You can peruse a thread. You can peer into a thread. But you cannot peruse into it.

*agrees with silver*

Wrong word then :doh:

I dunno what one I was looking for--saunter, I guess? Is there another one that means saunter and sounds kinda like peruse? :naughty:

Wrong word then :doh:

I dunno what one I was looking for--saunter, I guess? Is there another one that means saunter and sounds kinda like peruse? :naughty:

Sashay? Stroll? Mosey? I have no idea and I'm having trouble coming up with more descriptive words for methods of ambulation that could be like peruse.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am TOTALLY renaming my iPod that.

(Yes...renaming, meaning she already has a name. And a gender.)

Dare I ask - What was it called?

Someone who compulsively*has* to correct people else they go insane...

Exactly..

HY-PO-CRITE!

:shocked: Big word - little girl. :naughty:

Was it Charlie the Unicorn's kidney?

I love Charlie :roftl:

Not as much as a pedant is driven crazy by all the mistakes around:glasses2:

It's a form of entertainment around here.. :mf_rosetinted:

Leave procrastination until tomorrow :naughty:

Or until it's overdue.

Hey Everyone!

I'm well! Shouldn't be on here but....

What with all the new blogs and vlogs and pics and bulletins etc etc I'm a bit overloaded! But the weird thing is... it's made me go looking at other Mika stuff on youtube and I found old things that I've never seen before. I was just watching this:

Oh and my pc is complaining cos of all the animated gifs and things in people's siggy's so I've disabled avatars and siggys and it's STILL slow! (Just a bit less so) I thought it may just be the forum but anything I try to access online atm is slow.

Wow, I hadn't seen that vid before either.

Is your computer slow doing offline tasks too? eg, open up Microsoft Word.

If that's not slow then it's probably your provider having a slow day.

Also, windows updates (or anti-virus updates) could be downloading in the background.

Also, windows updates (or anti-virus updates) could be downloading in the background.

I have a confession to make.... I don't know how to open Microsoft Word. I use Open Office for wordprocessing and would have no idea where Word is!

Hubby actually said something about it last night and was blaming Mozilla. I think the words he used were "memory leak" or something cos he was saying that in Task Manager (which I've accidentally closed and now can't find again) the two different memories had vastly different counts. One was so many Mb being used and the other one was Gb! Didn't really understand.

HI!!!!!! What's up?

Hey CC! How are you? Haven't seen you in ages! How's your health?

Dare I ask - What was it called?

Gregoria. My old one was Beatrice.

:shocked: Big word - little girl. :naughty:

:poke: *Just* because I'm short...

I love Charlie :roftl:

Charlieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Hey, you're a techie type person...would you have an explanation for my bipolar internet? It's wireless, and often after about 9 pm it starts sporadically not working. It says it's connected, but nothing loads. I've found if I disconnect it and play Solitaire for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it, it works again...but still, it's bloody annoying. And happens frequently.

HI!!!!!! What's up?

Charlotte!! Where've you been?

hey! hows everything over in Australia? is it still cold?

I'd guess so...it's winter still for them...:naughty:

I have a confession to make.... I don't know how to open Microsoft Word. I use Open Office for wordprocessing and would have no idea where Word is!

Hubby actually said something about it last night and was blaming Mozilla. I think the words he used were "memory leak" or something cos he was saying that in Task Manager (which I've accidentally closed and now can't find again) the two different memories had vastly different counts. One was so many Mb being used and the other one was Gb! Didn't really understand.

Well, Open Office is like Word.. So open anything that's a non-internet application and if that's slow then it's a computer problem, not internet.

Ctrl/Alt/Del opens task manager.

If your husband nows what he's doing then I won't get involved.. I don't like stepping on toes.

Heya. Good. How you going?

Gregoria. My old one was Beatrice.

Princess Beatrice *zhhz*

:poke: *Just* because I'm short...

Uh huh.. :naughty:

Charlieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Let's go to Candy Mountain Charlieeeeeeeeeeeee

Hey, you're a techie type person...would you have an explanation for my bipolar internet? It's wireless, and often after about 9 pm it starts sporadically not working. It says it's connected, but nothing loads. I've found if I disconnect it and play Solitaire for about 5 minutes, then reconnect it, it works again...but still, it's bloody annoying. And happens frequently.

Apart from you being the user? :naughty:

9pm would be a peak time. My internet gets a bit hissy around then too. I restart most nights to avoid it.

Or you might want to make sure no one is hacking into your wireless connection. What's the wireless range? Check the range doesn't extend to your neighbours houses.. :fisch:

I'd guess so...it's winter still for them...:naughty:

Oh, giggle giggle to you too *slap*

Heya. Good. How you going?

im going well! ive got some good news!

i was emailing my cousin, and she was like "what would u wanna do to change ur summer" and i said "meet mika" she was like "hun, i still dnt know who this mika person is! is it a guy? a girl? real or fictional?!" lol so i sent her pics, and the first ones were of today, and she said "umm, girlie, sorry to break it to ya, but he looks a bit ay. he may be a really nice person, and he looks really fun. but idk" then i recieved a second email she was like "WHOA! nvm! he is actually really cute, even if its in a shaggy sorta way!" lol

Well, Open Office is like Word.. So open anything that's a non-internet application and if that's slow then it's a computer problem, not internet.

Ctrl/Alt/Del opens task manager.

If your husband nows what he's doing then I won't get involved.. I don't like stepping on toes.

Yeah, I knew that open office is like Word (and I opened that and it was all quick, so sound like internet, not comp). I was just confessing that I didn't know where it was! We have so many bloody applications on this computer that I have a hard time finding anything that I don't already know the location of. And in the start menu normally you'd find Word up the top to be easily found, but hubby has made it so that Open Office is up in the top part. Anyway... I digress...

Ctrl/Alt/Del!:doh: I knew that, I just temporarily forgot.

I think (hope!) hubby knows what he's doing but he's at work and I was trying to improve the performance right now.

I remember wearing polkadot pants & top when I went to see Meeks in Sydney ... ... 'twas a tad loud !!

Just a wee bit... certainly couldn't lose you in a crowd!

hahahahahaha!! Success!! BONO'S MINE - ALL MINE!!!

Just cause I've permanently shacked up with Adam (:das:), doesn't mean I won't occasionally visit Bono... after all, I consider him my FB :das:...

Whose couch you crashing on?

Dunno... RBSKY's?

I might get a Backpacker's hostel... that's if it is returningk...

September 27th would be nice.. :fisch:

I could live with that...

Did I ever say we weren't??

So we are.

Defo... I think U2 should do what Hanson's doing... you pay a certain amount of money, and they get you a bus, motel room, tickets and a M & G so you can stalk - ahem... see them...

I love Achtung Baby.

I love all of them for different reasons.. love All That You Can't Leave Behind ATM... gorgeous songs on there...

:roftl:Just by the sheer, breathtaking brilliance of my moddy SCENT OKD!!

Oh alright .... yeeesss, I saw it before you edited .... (just by my sheer, breathtaking moddy speed)

I used to have moddy speed... then I lost it...

But someone told me the other day that mods could see edits, which just confused me because I just don't understand how that would work. Obviously not...

No, they've never been able to see it...

And I fixed up obviously... you don't spell it obviosuly...

hahah! U2 reminds everyone of me!! Ya Hear that Teegs??!!

Hearing you loud and clear Kelz!

U2 reminds me of you too! :naughty:

He's not really a know-it-all....is he?

He likes to think so...

As a matter of fact, Kelzy, I haven't! I'm just back to my old lucky.. I mean skillful ways.

Why am I thinking of "Damn it, Janet"?

Someone sang that song (well, some of it) on Good News Week last week. I'd never heard it before. Some black chick with a great voice. Accompanied by a guy on a double bass (if memory serves me correctly).

I miss GNW... I miss perving on Paul...

Has he been looking delicious lately?

HI!!!!!! What's up?

CC! Where have you been?

Yep... freezing...