2008 - REPORTS,PICS,VIDS OF MIKA @ Beiteddine and BAALBECK Festival - Beirut, Lebanon

Miro

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like saranayde's dress :wub2:

:fisch:'little tight like to tease for fun...'

Oh btw Dana, Mika even spoke about you:

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/08/07/27/10232202.html

"This is a concert which has fallen through a number of times and you have no idea how pleased I am that it is finally going ahead. I was born here and have what feels like hundreds of cousins here."

:lol3: :lol3:

:lmao:

I think Mika discovered Racha was staying at the hotel, and has kidnapped her, so she can't report back to us!!!

GIVE HER BACK!!!:naughty:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: Yeah, not on Mika, not on at all. It's your fault for being so obvious about the kinds of places you stay at :thumbdown:

(btw, which hotel is it?)

Thanks for all the lovely pics and reports guys! :wub2: Seemed like such a great gig but emotional at the same time.. or maybe it's just me :tears:

no..me too :tears: *hugs Dani*

Thank you all for the reports and pics! What a fantastic way to end it...back in his homeland and with fireworks...i dunno why i'm all :tears: to see what a wonderful time he had...look at his face :wub2: and to read the blog and know it meant so much to him and....:tears: i feel so silly but :tears:

Think these from OD's link have not been posted yet, at least without watermarks

10.jpg

I like this pic a lot...wow the people r really gorgeous ....the lady in the peach dress/top sort of looks like a Penniman (I know she prob isn't related but she looks like them a bit)

[/size]

:tears:IT'S 1 AND HALF YEAR I HAVE BEEN CONVINCED OF THAT.. THANKS EVER SO MUCH, MIKA.. you know what it means to me.. yes, you know... :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

:roftl: I had a similar reaction...the first time I heard the song and decided to analyze it I said it was about his dad!!!! I feel stupidly happy now :kachinga::mf_rosetinted: I never beliveed him pshh saying it was about/for his mum and grandmother :mf_rosetinted:

Mika live in Beirut

Posted by N10452

<<Tens of thousands expected in Beirut tonight to watch Mika perform live.

I got a free ticket but i gave it away. Even though i do like few of his songs, i can only imagine the audience to be 15 years and less …

Nonetheless, this is a great boost to launching the summer activities & concerts. DJ Tiesto is expected on the 31st, Bob Sinclar as well not to forget the Baalbeck,Beiteddine & Jbeil festivals etc etc …

Lebanon is alive this summer, at least till now. It seems HA ran out of ideas to screw us all and mess up the summers.>>

IMG_0812.jpg

http://www.ouwet.com/n10452/news/mika-live-in-beirut/

I like this pic a lot...wow the people r really gorgeous ....the lady in the peach dress/top sort of looks like a Penniman (I know she prob isn't related but she looks like them a bit)

:naughty: Because everyone in the crowd is Lebanese :wink2::naughty:

:mf_rosetinted: I never beliveed him pshh saying it was about/for his mum and grandmother :mf_rosetinted:

Hang on, wth, he is such a liar! :naughty:

MY REPORT....

OMG what a wonderfull gig , i've only read 4 pages of this thread but really felt the need i had to tell you all how amazing that show was !

I arrived at 3PM to the Martyr's square and maade it directly to the doors but the security guys told me that they won't open doors before 17h30 so i made a tour around the place and had an ice cream , then i went to the Virgin megastores wich is just next to the square and i saw a crowd in there bying tikets for the night's gig i laughed and came back to the entrance.

I saw a few people already waiting and i actualy met an internet friend of mine who has seen my picture on msn and recognized me !!! he came and talked to me I was very surprised ! it happens that i talked to him once on the internet because of a post he made on youtube about mika and now i meet him face to face in a mika gig !

Then they openend the doors and we were allowed in , i had my blue bracelet put around my wrist , and went directly next to the stage i took some pictures. My parents bought me a seated ticket but i realised that i could stay standing and in a very good place but thought that i'll have a better view from my actual seated place ! i was wrong ! when i made it up to the chairs the hostess indicated me the chair where to sit and it was not a very good place. Confortable yes the stage was far !

Anyway the place was rapidly full of people and a lebanese DJ called underground put some very good music and at 9PM Mika arrived with Relax !! the crown gone mad those on their chairs got up and started dancing in front of their chairs it was a funny thing to see !!

I overheard people saying that Mika offered 500 places for the handicaped children but i don't know if it's true or not.

Then it was the big girl song with a bunch of big girls who came in holding a big coke and then a giant plastic pizza !! then it was my interpretation , beautiful as always !

Before the billy brown song mika introduced it saying ''it's the story of one of his friends called billy brown''

Then it was Stuck in the middle , mika mentioned his dad with a wink and he ticked his tongue when he mentioned him ! so now we can assume that the song has something to do with his dad.

then to the words of Raffa he played an awesome In any other world then it was Ring Ring and here the crowd got mad again , then he played Holy Johnny , Happy ending and love today !! on the LT song the crowd went mad and everyone started jumping and dancing and he made the usual battle with Cherisse he took off his shirt then he sang grace kelly and teased the crowd and at last it was the lollipop song !! he came back after it for the other version of Relax , then when it ended they started fireworks !!!

And instantly after it ended we saw mika leaving with 5-6 cars and accompanied by the army !

*Mika talked english-french and arabic fluently during the gig ! i was very surprised i thought he only talked a few words !

*At the end he told the crowd that he loves us

*He thanked us for the great support the lebanese were giving him and said that he was proud to sing in the Martyr's square

*While waiting for mika the lollipop girls were giving lollipops for the crowd for free !

*When he was singing someone from the crowd gave him the lebanese flag and he hold it.

*When i was waiting at the entrance , someone from the radio came and interviewed me lol he asked me why i like mika and i answer him because he sings good , he have good songs and because he created an amazing world next to his songs !

I hope i didn't forget something , but it was certainly a night I will remember !

:bye: Cubitus...thanks for your report...ora per capirci qualcosa proverò a mettere il tutto in google translate:naughty:

:

(btw, which hotel is it?)

Phoenicia I guess, it's well known there, it's in front of the "St Georges" pool were Mika took his bath this morning ;)

we were used to go there when I was a kid and we were living there...I mean the pool...not the 5 stars hotel...

100_0389.jpg

100e0419.jpg

100e0420.jpg

Thanks dear for the pics and everything... you had a really nice view!

those balloons are so big!

Mika live in Beirut

Posted by N10452

<<Tens of thousands expected in Beirut tonight to watch Mika perform live.

I got a free ticket but i gave it away. Even though i do like few of his songs, i can only imagine the audience to be 15 years and less …

Nonetheless, this is a great boost to launching the summer activities & concerts. DJ Tiesto is expected on the 31st, Bob Sinclar as well not to forget the Baalbeck,Beiteddine & Jbeil festivals etc etc …

Lebanon is alive this summer, at least till now. It seems HA ran out of ideas to screw us all and mess up the summers.>>

IMG_0812.jpg

http://www.ouwet.com/n10452/news/mika-live-in-beirut/

wawwwww you've even gone to a political blog to find some reviews!!:roftl:

MY REPORT....

OMG what a wonderfull gig , i've only read 4 pages of this thread but really felt the need i had to tell you all how amazing that show was !

I arrived at 3PM to the Martyr's square and maade it directly to the doors but the security guys told me that they won't open doors before 17h30 so i made a tour around the place and had an ice cream , then i went to the Virgin megastores wich is just next to the square and i saw a crowd in there bying tikets for the night's gig i laughed and came back to the entrance.

I saw a few people already waiting and i actualy met an internet friend of mine who has seen my picture on msn and recognized me !!! he came and talked to me I was very surprised ! it happens that i talked to him once on the internet because of a post he made on youtube about mika and now i meet him face to face in a mika gig !

Then they openend the doors and we were allowed in , i had my blue bracelet put around my wrist , and went directly next to the stage i took some pictures. My parents bought me a seated ticket but i realised that i could stay standing and in a very good place but thought that i'll have a better view from my actual seated place ! i was wrong ! when i made it up to the chairs the hostess indicated me the chair where to sit and it was not a very good place. Confortable yes the stage was far !

Anyway the place was rapidly full of people and a lebanese DJ called underground put some very good music and at 9PM Mika arrived with Relax !! the crown gone mad those on their chairs got up and started dancing in front of their chairs it was a funny thing to see !!

I overheard people saying that Mika offered 500 places for the handicaped children but i don't know if it's true or not.

Then it was the big girl song with a bunch of big girls who came in holding a big coke and then a giant plastic pizza !! then it was my interpretation , beautiful as always !

Before the billy brown song mika introduced it saying ''it's the story of one of his friends called billy brown''

Then it was Stuck in the middle , mika mentioned his dad with a wink and he ticked his tongue when he mentioned him ! so now we can assume that the song has something to do with his dad.

then to the words of Raffa he played an awesome In any other world then it was Ring Ring and here the crowd got mad again , then he played Holy Johnny , Happy ending and love today !! on the LT song the crowd went mad and everyone started jumping and dancing and he made the usual battle with Cherisse he took off his shirt then he sang grace kelly and teased the crowd and at last it was the lollipop song !! he came back after it for the other version of Relax , then when it ended they started fireworks !!!

And instantly after it ended we saw mika leaving with 5-6 cars and accompanied by the army !

*Mika talked english-french and arabic fluently during the gig ! i was very surprised i thought he only talked a few words !

*At the end he told the crowd that he loves us

*He thanked us for the great support the lebanese were giving him and said that he was proud to sing in the Martyr's square

*While waiting for mika the lollipop girls were giving lollipops for the crowd for free !

*When he was singing someone from the crowd gave him the lebanese flag and he hold it.

*When i was waiting at the entrance , someone from the radio came and interviewed me lol he asked me why i like mika and i answer him because he sings good , he have good songs and because he created an amazing world next to his songs !

I hope i didn't forget something , but it was certainly a night I will remember !

:yay: Cubs!!! Allegra was soo worried about you!!

Thanks for the report but we're waiting for more!!!!:roftl:

Phoenicia I guess, it's well known there, it's in front of the "St Georges" pool were Mika took his bath this morning ;)

we were used to go there when I was a kid and we were living there...I mean the pool...not the 5 stars hotel...

This really did for me:

...comfortable orthopedic mattress; choice of pillows (5 kinds)

:lmao::lmfao: Of course he prefers the perfect pillow over the Dead Sea mud :roftl::naughty:

[/size]

:tears:IT'S 1 AND HALF YEAR I HAVE BEEN CONVINCED OF THAT.. THANKS EVER SO MUCH, MIKA.. you know what it means to me.. yes, you know... :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

same here!!! :punk:

after a while thinking about all i though it could be about his father..

at least he told something about Stuck! :yay:

or maybe he was too drunk that he didn`t know what he was saying! :roftl:

:( GRR i never get to do meet and greets -.- so unlucky!

any tips from u guys would be awesome though :D plz? i mean its gotten to the point where i flew all the way to dublin last year to see a band and eventually couldn't meet them :(