2008 - REPORTS,PICS,VIDS OF MIKA @ Beiteddine and BAALBECK Festival - Beirut, Lebanon

Miro

Mikey posted a blog on the gig on his myspace page not to long ago:

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beirut...simply ROCKS!!

Wow, wow and more wow!!!!!

Sometimes we find ourselves in such incredible, fascinating and exciting situations, you can't help but have a pretty much permanent smile when you get back home because of what has just happened!

Arriving at the new, modern Beirut, the place has a buzz of positivity and fun which I must admit, was unexpected! The city's buildings are a mix of modern optimism and historical reminders, but you sense a community of great hope and forward thinking rather than dwelling in the past. So it was a privilege to celebrate these times... and what a celebration it was!!

With the most incredible backdrop of Matyrs Square within a perfect clear sky, the gig was an emotional one for all the band members. After 2 years alongside Mika playing in clubs and bars to a stadium in Paris, Beirut was the most fitting end to a long "tour". As we all take a long break, it was a mixed sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, together with sadness knowing that we won't be on stage for a while with The Maestro!!

But time seems to be travelling fast nowadays... so see you all soon!

Mikey x

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey posted a blog on the gig on his myspace page not to long ago:

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beirut...simply ROCKS!!

Wow, wow and more wow!!!!!

Sometimes we find ourselves in such incredible, fascinating and exciting situations, you can't help but have a pretty much permanent smile when you get back home because of what has just happened!

Arriving at the new, modern Beirut, the place has a buzz of positivity and fun which I must admit, was unexpected! The city's buildings are a mix of modern optimism and historical reminders, but you sense a community of great hope and forward thinking rather than dwelling in the past. So it was a privilege to celebrate these times... and what a celebration it was!!

With the most incredible backdrop of Matyrs Square within a perfect clear sky, the gig was an emotional one for all the band members. After 2 years alongside Mika playing in clubs and bars to a stadium in Paris, Beirut was the most fitting end to a long "tour". As we all take a long break, it was a mixed sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, together with sadness knowing that we won't be on stage for a while with The Maestro!!

But time seems to be travelling fast nowadays... so see you all soon!

Mikey x

The Maestro :wub2: it's italian.............:blush-anim-cl:

to be a Maestro at 25 for all those ppl...a long career to go!

4220473131gf2.jpg

Oh, I like this one. He's 13 again :wub2:

I really love that... though he doesn't look 13 to me... I bloody hope not... I'd feel really old then... and so wrong for thinking he's gorgeous... :wub2:

am impressed.. he only stayed for less than 2 days ... and already love the city

:wink2:

I've not been there yet, but from what I've heard and seen in your pics, I love it too:wub2:.

Last Modified: 29 Jul 2008

Source: ITN

Mika has enjoyed a historical homecoming in Beirut after playing to 15,000 fans in the Lebanese capital.

The award-winning star, who was born in the city, held one of the first concerts in Martyrs' Square since the end of an 18-month opposition protest in May.

The choice of the location was considered to be a sign that the troubled country was regaining its status as a cultural and tourist hotspot.

Following the show, Mika wrote on his blog: "Oh my God, what can I say? I am quite speechless. The gig in Beirut was truly one of the best moments of my life.

I want to thank everybody in Beirut who came to the concert. This was a true honour. Thank you."

He added: "The crowd was electric, the weather was perfect and quite possibly the loudest singing crowd I have ever heard. The show was at Martyrs' Square, in central Beirut for about 15,000. An event like this has not been allowed to happen for a very long time. And tonight the audience owned it."

Summer music events have been revived in Lebanon after more than two years, due to political tensions and regular outbreaks of violence.

© Independent Television News Limited 2008. All rights reserved.

while we were sitting sipping our bear... I saw his dad with some family members... we spoke a bit.. then I went to the security guy and asked him if he can call Mika's cameraman so I can pass a message from Rose...

I explained to him that I am not interested in meeting Mika as I know he already left, but just need to leave a message about the website and the fact that people can not leave their blogs/comments...

the guys was so nice and helpful and asked someone to look for him and he then told me to go in really quickly to take a look, which I did and discovered that he was no where to be seen... I saw Mika's mom instead and as usual the lady she is, she listened and told me she will do her best to get this fixed as soon as possible...

Then saw John and could not help myself ask him why there was no "meet and greet" in Beirut ...

the guy couldn't be more polite and nice... with a huge smile on his face... we spoke a bit and he explained how difficult it is logistically to prepare for "meets and greets" and it all depends on venues.. the staff... and he also explained how much he understands the fact that people want to meet Mika, and Mika really understands that.. but it is much more complicated that it seems (logistically)

I then jokingly told him of he reads the MFC and he said he tries... but he is busy and haven't had the chance to... and I explained to him that there are several posts/nicknames for him and he should check it out, out of curiosity.. which then he laughed and we chatted a bit longer (he was super friendly). He explained the staff will be leaving in the coming two days, which I told him was a shame, since it would have been nice for him to do a little touristic tour around Lebanon.. then I said good bye and he leaned down and kissed me twice on the cheeks... in which I jokingly told him "here goes another story about you on the MFC"

:roftl:

and right after that.. my friends and I finished our beers.. and headed to Beirut's crazy nightlife... partying till 6:00 am

Thanks for sharing in all your reports and videos.

It all sounds brilliant; how wonderful to have been at this one!

Hi, yes, I have met him in London.. in an after party after the end of his dodgy holiday tour... I have to admit, that it was great having the oportunity... but it was a little chaotic.. and did not talk to him or approach him for a picture as it was quiet busy... but i did have the chance to hear him dedicate a toast to all his fans and drank some champaign.. It was also a great opportunity to meet MFCers there...

indeed

am impressed.. he only stayed for less than 2 days ... and already love the city

:wink2:

i am pretty sure he has been there before though because in the life in 2 mins interview he says "if you're ever in beirut you should go to the south of lebanon and visit, ummm, the hibodrome (spelling) near tenir, the old roman and venecian ruins are around there and they are absolutely amazing" he also said in the every day objects interview when responding to a melon (lol :naughty:) "o god *smiles*, this honestly reminds me of lebanon, this reminds me of ummm, yeah, this place called zaheley (spelling) and you go there and you sit in these restaurants in this area in lebanon and you just sit and you've got these fountains and waterfalls and you eat these meals that last like 7 hours and for every course you move to a different table, and then you get to the fruit course, and yeah, theres always melon...well thats kind of boring and soppy":naughty::naughty::naughty: i like that last line lol

i am pretty sure he has been there before though because in the life in 2 mins interview he says "if you're ever in beirut you should go to the south of lebanon and visit' date=' ummm, the hibodrome (spelling) near tenir, the old roman and venecian ruins are around there and they are absolutely amazing" he also said in the every day objects interview when responding to a melon (lol :naughty:) "o god *smiles*, this honestly reminds me of lebanon, this reminds me of ummm, yeah, this place called zaheley (spelling) and you go there and you sit in these restaurants in this area in lebanon and you just sit and you've got these fountains and waterfalls and you eat these meals that last like 7 hours and for every course you move to a different table, and then you get to the fruit course, and yeah, theres always melon...well thats kind of boring and soppy":naughty::naughty::naughty: i like that last line lol[/quote']

how many times have u watched that interview? lol, sounds like you know it well :roftl: I haven't seen that one......

how many times have u watched that interview? lol, sounds like you know it well :roftl: I haven't seen that one......

far too many times to count! lol and can you believe i remembered all of that lol! I HAVE NO LIFE! right now i am eating milk and cereal sitting in front of the tv watching repeated music videos that i have seen at least 10 times each with my sisters lap top and my dog alone:naughty:

far too many times to count! lol and can you believe i remembered all of that lol! I HAVE NO LIFE! right now i am eating milk and cereal sitting in front of the tv watching repeated music videos that i have seen at least 10 times each with my sisters lap top and my dog alone:naughty:

hehehe sounds like fun!! That's quite an obsession you have there, lol :bleh::naughty: mmmmm cereal........I'm hungry!

i am pretty sure he has been there before though because in the life in 2 mins interview he says "if you're ever in beirut you should go to the south of lebanon and visit' date=' ummm, the hibodrome (spelling) near tenir, the old roman and venecian ruins are around there and they are absolutely amazing" he also said in the every day objects interview when responding to a melon (lol :naughty:) "o god *smiles*, this honestly reminds me of lebanon, this reminds me of ummm, yeah, this place called zaheley (spelling) and you go there and you sit in these restaurants in this area in lebanon and you just sit and you've got these fountains and waterfalls and you eat these meals that last like 7 hours and for every course you move to a different table, and then you get to the fruit course, and yeah, theres always melon...well thats kind of boring and soppy":naughty::naughty::naughty: i like that last line lol[/quote']

I think Racha was talking about Mikey, not Mika.

I think Racha was talking about Mikey, not Mika.

Thank you A. Clay for the report.. good to see that his gig in Beirut is getting him some exposure in the British media for a change :thumb_yello:

you're most welcome.. :blush-anim-cl:

well... if you ever think of visiting.. you know who to contact :naughty:

I think you are talking about Mika.. which I am sure he has been to Beirut many times before - as he has said in many interviews ,, and I think he also mentioned that he watched "Sting" live in Baalbeck festival in one of the interviews.. :wink2:

we were talking about Mikey Choi's blog... he was complementing Beirut... I know they had a gig on the 25th in Jordan.. and I saw him at the airport on the 28th afternoon... so he couldn't have stayed for more than 2 days.. and from what I sensed in his blog, it sounded like it was his first time :thumb_yello:

o lol never mind:blush-anim-cl:

Thank you A. Clay for the report.. good to see that his gig in Beirut is getting him some exposure in the British media for a change :thumb_yello:

you're most welcome.. :blush-anim-cl:

well... if you ever think of visiting.. you know who to contact :naughty:

I think you are talking about Mika.. which I am sure he has been to Beirut many times before - as he has said in many interviews ,, and I think he also mentioned that he watched "Sting" live in Baalbeck festival in one of the interviews.. :wink2:

we were talking about Mikey Choi's blog... he was complementing Beirut... I know they had a gig on the 25th in Jordan.. and I saw him at the airport on the 28th afternoon... so he couldn't have stayed for more than 2 days.. and from what I sensed in his blog, it sounded like it was his first time :thumb_yello:

Your the top of my list:wink2:.

good news... "Grace Kelly" video is ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQ3R7cScsA

am uploading "stuck in the middle" and "in any other world"... I will have to wait for tomorrow to upload "Relax" and the rest as it is almost 3:00 am here... and I have work tomorrow..

Rose, I recorded Any filming the crowd... for your eyes only :roftl:

And where might I find it?:blush-anim-cl:

Great vids....hey some of us (who never get a gig) would like to see Andy too....please???

Interesting that Mikey says they won't be playing together on stage for a while. (Their 2 year contracts have come to an end???:roftl:)

I would think that Beirut being the feather in Mika's cap of the last 2 years, it would be hard to slog on and do the same show on and on and on....though we Asia Pacific nations wouldn't mind a little teensy show....:wink2: