2008 - REPORTS,PICS,VIDS OF MIKA @ Beiteddine and BAALBECK Festival - Beirut, Lebanon

Miro

1. Mika in Beirut – Pre Show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrENGt30OR0

2. Mika in Beirut – Love Today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiENXVTyapo

3. Mika in Beirut – Big Girls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55KzhyTRO6o

4. Mika in Beirut – I just can’t Get Enough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1jQADzvnms

5. Mika in Beirut – Stuck in the Middle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGy2nLdTtMo

6. Mika in Beirut - In Any Other World http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vGiyswUsdE

7. Mika in Beirut – Relax (take it easy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TM3lEDXtiU

8. Mika in Beirut – Grace Kelly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQ3R7cScsA

9. Mika in Beirut – Thanking the Lebanese Audience http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-OTzc26oQk

10. Mika in Beirut – Relax Encore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXMMvaqY5Bw

11. Mika in Beirut – End of the Concert (fireworks) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDAFzv_pCM

12. Mika in Beirut – Love Today (drums) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRYf6jtLB9w

13. Mika in Beirut – Lillipop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYubdTVxQvQ

14. Mika in Beirut – Holy Johhny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFalvwyRWrA

15. Mika in Beirut – Speaks Lebanese and introduces “My Interpretation” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXd-kHjOo_w

16. Mika in Beirut – Speaks Lebanese and introduces “Big Girls” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyUs6vna44

Wow, you really have done battle with YouTube for us. Thanks racha ~x~

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will your blog have thousands and thousands of comments in few seconds? :punk:

Must admit, I don't have any of my own because of lack of time. I'm too busy with other people blogs and MFC forum :roftl:

And actually I live on the continent :roftl: but we do have many islands and lots of people go to some of them to spend their weekend.

You are very welcome to come and witness it on your own. :)

(in august my country turns into a little italy as many italians come over to spend their holidays here, some of them have even bought a house here. They say they like the climate, but I don't believe them unless they don't enjoy unexpected weather :roftl:)

Must admit, I don't have any of my own because of lack of time. I'm too busy with other people blogs and MFC forum

And actually I live on the continent :roftl: but we do have many islands and lots of people go to some of them to spend their weekend.

You are very welcome to come and witness it on your own. :)

(in august my country turns into a little italy as many italians come over to spend their holidays here, some of them have even bought a house here. They say they like the climate, but I don't believe them unless they don't enjoy unexpected weather

in august italians spend their holidays everywhere... except me... i'm everywhere just when lebanese songwriters are around there.... :punk:

so i will not travel a lot in august :blink:

thanks

in august italians spend their holidays everywhere... except me... i'm everywhere just when lebanese songwriters are around there.... :punk:

so i will not travel a lot in august :blink:

thanks

IGNORANT!! :roftl::roftl:

*I thought whether to add that you probably may not be interested when... :roftl:*

But still, have a fun!

Mika's still there, I reckon he kidnapped Cubitus:naughty:.

Hey big guy, give him back!

We haven't had his report yet:roftl:.

Cubitus kidnapped? kidnapped by a teenager popsta? :shocked:

uhmhmhm interesting:

secret agents of MFC :cool:

please come here...

go to the blog, chek in the miniature of the jeita grotto....

maybe... in a little house... behind a little window.... there is a little Cubitus kidnapped who needs help.... :punk:

OMG I WAS JUST READING POSTS ON THE MFC AND MTV CRISPY NEWS WAS ON TV AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I HEAR THE WORDS MIKA AND BEIRUT AND I NEARLY FALL OUT OF MY SEAT BECAUSE MIKA WAS ON TV AND THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE CONCERT AND THEY SHOWED CLIPS OF IT AND OF MIKA IN HIS AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS JACKET AND IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!

none of this post probably makes sense because i have no patience to use correct grammar because i am so excited lol!:woot_jump:

:punk:

If I read/see Lebanon in the news one more time, am so going to book a flight next weekend - just for 48 hours... :punk:

Any excuse to go partying:roftl::roftl::roftl:.

From Marie-Thérèse, courtesy of Marie-Andrée

My pleasure. Sharing is at least 90% of enjoying, don't you think ?

A friend of mine is going to come to my place this afternoon (August 1st) and hopefully help me put my recording of the press conference (more than half of it as it turned out) at the fan's disposal. I don't know about the gig :Racha's coverage is absolutely brilliant and puts mine to shame ; she must have sneaked a real camera into the venue and have stood in the "Golden cage", the area nearest the stage. Thanks a load to her.

So long,

M. Th.

Marie-Thérèse, courtesy of Marie-Andrée

August 1st, 2008

Aimee, don't tell us that you didn't tape the TV coverage ?! Or that you can't find somebody who did record it ?...

Hopefully I will be able to share my coverage of nearly two thirds of the July 26th Beyrouth press conference so watch the forum in the next few days.

So long,

M. Th.

Robertina, rejoice : a genius is coming to my place this pm (August 1st) to help me share my coverage of at least 2/3 of the July 26th press conference ! Fortunately not everybody is as illiterate as I am.

I don't really know how my mother will manage to get in touch with Mika to ask him if she can tell you all about the adorable thing he did ; and even if she does I feel that he is so private and modest that he might well ask her to keep mum about it. Definitely his privilege : she wouldn't dream of unveiling something if he is anxious for it not to be known.

So long,

M.-Th.

Marina,

So happy you enjoyed it... and looking forward to sharing the two-thirds of the press conference I taped on July 26th : a friend of mine who, contrary to me, is not illiterate is coming to my place this pm to help me with it..

So long,

M. Th.

:D thank you in advance M. Th.! Can't wait! :wub2:

August 1st, 2008

Aimee, don't tell us that you didn't tape the TV coverage ?! Or that you can't find somebody who did record it ?...

Hopefully I will be able to share my coverage of nearly two thirds of the July 26th Beyrouth press conference so watch the forum in the next few days.

So long,

M. Th.

it was only like a 1 minute clip of it, it wasnt the actual conference and i didnt even know that segemnt on mika would come on it just happened by shear luck that i was on that channel with the volume turned up in the room lol

yup... ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Thank you! my friends are already teasing me about my coverage... the new joke is how come i did not film my hotel room, hotel entrance/reception, ride to the concert, and the after party as well!

:)

I did have a regular digital camera... nothing too sophisticated... and i got golden cage ticket, which i think should be sold in every gig from now on, cause it is the best idea EVER! I was not pushed, there was a lot of space.. and in fact I chose the move slightly to the back so I can see more of the stage... also, the best part, no need to Q for hours to get a good location...

looking forward to see your recording... I was out and about in Lebanon and did not get a chance to watch any TV.. so I missed out on all the local media coverage...

how much more was the golden cage ticket then the regular standing ticket and how was there no pushing lol

From Marie-Thérèse, courtesy of Marie-Andrée

This is my third attempt at answering Racha : every time I am almost finished, the Wifi connection pops off. Most annoying.

Thank you, Racha ! Your videos are brilliant, they put mine to shame and when I found them on Utube I was delighted. I am sorry I mentioned scarce and short recordings, I guess I must have been impatient. Did you manage to sneak in a camera to the Golden cage where you must have been standing ? True to say the frisking at the gates was not very thorough and I was sorry I only brought my mobile.

I taped about 2/3 of the press conference which should be readable by you all after the computer genius who came to my place this afternoon has done to them whatever they do to change mud into gold (I am mixing my metaphores... I meant, 'the alchemist'). Good to know that there are people more gifted than I am in such matters. To tell you how hopeless I am : only the evening before the Beirut gig did I realize that far from screwing up my recording of the London February 28th show I had got 75 mn of a 90 mn set, missing only the last two songs (incidentally that was not too bad for a dummy who was using her cell phone for the first time). I don't think I am going to share it with you all, though : we have already seen beautiful and extensive coverage of that night ; Suzie's recording of Any other world is superb, thanks a load to her for sharing.

Apart from Mika and his entourage I must have been the one who came to Beirut from farthest away : I live in Marseilles, in the Mediterranean, but had to fly north to Paris then back south ie a good extra 1 000 miles. Looking at the reports there doesn't seem to have been many people coming from Europe. We MFC members are lucky you went there from Dubai, dear Cheshire cat !

Now we are looking forward to the new album and the tour to come. My mother, who couldn't make it to London (sitting tickets sold out) or to any of the summer tour dates (she is really old and very sensitive to heat) is getting frantic. But aren't we all ?

So long,

M.-Th.

From Marie-Andrée

Dear Avoca,

I wasn't in Beirut and I couldn't hear Mika's mentioning his father on any of the Utube recordings.

I don't believe that in Stuck in the middle he addresses his father. I rather see it as a poignant love song dedicated to his mother, with some nostalgia, some bitterness, where he expresses his need to break free from her and apologizes for hurting her in the process. I don't think any mother who once saw her children fly from the nest can listen to it without being deeply touched.

Actually I am showing off : the lyrics had to be translated for me. But once I understood them that's what I was feeling.

Any other interpretation ?

Love,

Marie-Andrée

it was only like a 1 minute clip of it' date=' it wasnt the actual conference and i didnt even know that segemnt on mika would come on it just happened by shear luck that i was on that channel with the volume turned up in the room lol[/quote']

All right, Aimee, you are forgiven !

About the Golden cage I really believe we should get up a petition and demand that all future gigs have that kind of area.

I had bought five tickets for the Beirut show : a Golden area one and four sitting tickets for the Virgin site seemed to be offering me better and better seats as time went by (8th, then 5th, then 3rd row... until I got a first row ticket). You find it extravagant ? True, but where music's concerned I'll stick at nothing, the unreasonable becoming just right in my view. I am a dedicated music lover.

The adorable Lebanese lady (Naylah, I love you !) who gave me all necessary information on the phone had warned me not to keep the Golden cage ticket as the crowd might be a bit wild on that special night (they weren't, all Mika's audiences show great respect for one another) and helped me sell the extra tickets (apart from the 8th row one which I intend to frame with a couple of Parc des Princes tickets...).

But the Golden cage idea is brilliant. For those of you who weren't there, it is a fenced in area in front of the stage and where a much more limited number of tickets are sold than in the standing area proper so that although standing you have plenty of space and can even move about, as Racha did.

It would be in the managements' interest to organize it (the tickets are very expensive, in Beirut they were hardly cheaper than in the sitting area) and for the spectators who love to be right against the stage but don't want to be squeezed too hard, it is ideal.

So as soon as we know where the autumn and winter shows are taking place I think we should suggest it to the managements of the venues. And why not right away to Mika himself on his blog (which, needless to say, I didn't manage to register into, but I am sure many of you have been able to) ?

Please tell me what you think about it.

So long,

M.-Th.

From Marie-Andrée

Dear Avoca,

I wasn't in Beirut and I couldn't hear Mika's mentioning his father on any of the Utube recordings.

I don't believe that in Stuck in the middle he addresses his father. I rather see it as a poignant love song dedicated to his mother, with some nostalgia, some bitterness, where he expresses his need to break free from her and apologizes for hurting her in the process. I don't think any mother who once saw her children fly from the nest can listen to it without being deeply touched.

Actually I am showing off : the lyrics had to be translated for me. But once I understood them that's what I was feeling.

Any other interpretation ?

Love,

Marie-Andrée

hi, marie-andrée. thx for the personalised answer, i truly appreciated it. :wub2: I've a special bound with this song, as everyone here could witness :naughty:

I totally agree with your interpretation over the song lyrics, except for the fact i actually always considered it addressed to his dad, instead of any other family member.

o.c. it may as well be wrong, as mika always refused to talk about this song lyrics, as too personal. I respect that and mines are only speculations.

i also LOVE the whole message of acceptance/self acceptance included in the song. it's just a masterpiece. :blush-anim-cl:

thx for your insight! :thumb_yello:

take care! :bleh:

Robertina, rejoice : a genius is coming to my place this pm (August 1st) to help me share my coverage of at least 2/3 of the July 26th press conference ! Fortunately not everybody is as illiterate as I am.

I don't really know how my mother will manage to get in touch with Mika to ask him if she can tell you all about the adorable thing he did ; and even if she does I feel that he is so private and modest that he might well ask her to keep mum about it. Definitely his privilege : she wouldn't dream of unveiling something if he is anxious for it not to be known.

So long,

M.-Th.

I am SO curious now. :mf_rosetinted: But thank you for sharing your review!!

And Racha, what can I say? You're amazing. And I am SO glad to finally see SITM with the tap dancing clown! I've heard about it, but hadn't seen it til I clicked on your video! You did an amazing job capturing that night!