Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

i dont know...i liked the justine and yvonne blog (lol)...i mean mika has friends who write funny stuff and he shares his blog with them and by doing that he is sharing something he likes with his fans...i dont see whats wrong with it really, but maybe there is more to it, more than what i see/read i dunno, im such a naive person sometimes.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Esoteric relates to "external reality" as opposed to one's own thoughts or feelings. It is knowledge that is public as opposed to secretive or cabalistic. It is not required that exoteric knowledge come easily or automatically, but it should be referenceable or reproducible.

Actually I think you are confusing two different terms. There's "esoteric" (what's being discussed here) and "exoteric"--your given definition. Although neither of them refers to personal thought or feelings.

From Wikipedia:

Esoteric knowledge is that which is available only to a narrow circle of "enlightened", "initiated", or specially educated people. Esoteric items may be known as esoterica. In contrast, exoteric knowledge is knowledge that is well-known or public; or perceived as informally canonic in society at large.

Or, a simpler dictionary definition:

"Esoteric: understood by or meant for only the select few who have special knowledge or interest."

--Jack

One of the main reasons why the Justonne blog bothered me is the following.

We've had instances (one very recently), where we were discussing a gig and the subsequent meetup with Mr Migthy Curls, all happy in our little thread, basking in the post-gig glow and dizziness, babbling away about how great it had all been, when someone who claims to be connected to the Mastah himself barged in.

In her posts, even if (cleverly) not openly declared as such, one can't help but get the impression that this person is, to some extent, trying to speak a bit "on Mika's behalf".

She tells us that Mika is being forced by fans, in "not so nice ways" to do things like meet and greets, that even his mother is targetted that way, that this is of course intolerable and disgraceful....So you can see how some people then may find it difficult to see the funny side of the blog in question.

Shortly after the latest "round of accusations" as described above, we get a random post on Mika's blog signed by some random girls who claim to have "muscled their way backstage" as (presumably) fans, and after much harrassing (not quoting literally) Mika, who, unsure at the start, ends up becoming friends with them and finding them interesting and intelligent enough to post on his blog.

On top of this, some comments by himself that are (I guess) intended in a funny way, seem to just stick the finger more deeply even into the eye, if you bear with my not-so-typical expressions.

I guess that this should make it slightly clearer to some, why some took a bit of offence by this blog. I'm sure that this was not the intention of it, or at least I hope that Mika or his mates didn't have that intention, but it is how it came across to some.

It's not that I have an issue with Mika's friends posting blogs, as I can choose to read them or not depending on whether I find them funny/interesting/intellectually challenging/whatever, but IMO this whole thing just didn't seem to be handled too well, especially considering the previous circumstances.

Does this mean that Mika is not aware of the fact that people who are allegedly close to him are posting on this forum accusing us of such things? It makes one wonder.

Oh, and just for the sake of the argument as well, I don't really care much for pop music analysis, but that is a totally different story altogether.

As I commented on Mika's blog (comment never approved) I said that I'd rather hear from others who I found more interesting, such as his sister, mother, John or the camera man Andy.

(Oh, and before I forget: At least Y was friends with Mr.M waaay before 2006. Think more like 04-05. Not that it matters I guess. Or not so much. But there it is)

I totally agree on that...:thumb_yello:

Gee that was useful:naughty:

Mouhahah, now we can't really really say that hateful comments are deleted right away - or maybe it just depends on what they are aiming at :fisch:

Oh yeah :naughty:

Someone please enlighten me? I seem to have missed it and don't know what to look for or where?:naughty:

Link? screenshot?:thumb_yello:

Incidentally, I just found this comment on the cool bags blog:

pigsstaypigs :

Date: August 7, 2008 @ 3:18 pm

hey cleo dont worry about what people say on the mfc, okay?they are very intolerant, please dont stop posting because of the stupid things they say, your the man,à la Céline,lol, dont forget (H)it !

besos amigos

Funny enough, when one clicks on the username that should take you to their site, nothing happens and it redirects you to the mikasounds blog page.

Crafty.

And oh, so tolerant of this person, LOL!

Someone please enlighten me? I seem to have missed it and don't know what to look for or where?:naughty:

pigsstaypigs :

hey cleo dont worry about what people say on the mfc, okay?they are very intolerant, please dont stop posting because of the stupid things they say, your the man,à la Céline,lol, dont forget (H)it !

besos amigos

Funny enough, when one clicks on the username that should take you to their site, nothing happens and it redirects you to the mikasounds blog page.

Crafty.

Hey Cleo? What did Cleo post then?:blink:

pigsstaypigs :

besos amigos

Crafty.

Oh I see, you found it yourself already :thumb_yello: Clever girl :naughty:

pigsstaypigs :

besos amigos

Crafty.

You found it already then :naughty:

I'll just remind you girls that the great stalkers on this thread are probably being stalked by some curly guy :wink2: Don't say too much, he might actually learn from us :naughty:

*closes eyes* maybe he won't see me now!?!

:roftl:

True Niki!!!

pigsstaypigs :

besos amigos

Crafty.

wtf with that? We say bad things?:blink: