• 13/14th December
    • 20/21st December
    • 27/28th December

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Babs or another London person :bleh:, would you know wich airport to go to?

Depends also where the hotel is that we are staying I suppose. Has that been decided yet?

Heathrow would be best, it's the closest, with the best travel links.

I was checking out Travelodge's and Holiday Inn Express hotels the last couple of days, they seem to be the most reasonable of the low cost hotels.

I'll check out hostels later.

Heathrow usually doesn't have the cheapest flights, or not as many...

To be honest, you could go to any of the outskirts airports like Luton or Stansted, or Gatwick which isn't that far, and there are buses that you can take to go to the center, so it's easy and convenient to get there.

Or my latest discovery: London City airport. It's the best!!!

To be honest, you could go to any of the outskirts airports like Luton or Stansted, or Gatwick which isn't that far, and there are buses that you can take to go to the center, so it's easy and convenient to get there.

I keep forgetting London City airport, can't get any closer than that:naughty:.

Strangely the Travelodge and H.I. Express at London City are two of the most reasonable hotels for that weekend:blink:

Your coming Mrs Sariflor?:thumb_yello:

Well, of course!! :punk: Would I miss such a thing? :naughty:

Unless it's done around the Xmas days, where I will probably be going to Spain...but if it's any other weekend I'll be there.

I voted for my preferred one, the 29/30 nov, but I can make any of them really except for those late december ones.

I keep forgetting London City airport, can't get any closer than that:naughty:.

Strangely the Travelodge and H.I. Express at London City are two of the most reasonable hotels for that weekend:blink:

Travelodge would be great :thumb_yello:

Can make one of the rooms a party room!! .. did you say your penguin?? awwww thats soo kind:roftl:

Travelodge would be great :thumb_yello:

Can make one of the rooms a party room!! .. did you say your penguin?? awwww thats soo kind:roftl:

Best one to book are the family rooms, you can sleep 4 people in them (if two ladies don't mind sharing a double bed:naughty:), brings the cost right down.

The only problem you have with staying in that area, is that it's quite far from central london, in the sense that one would have to take a cab to get there and it would probably cost a fair amount....

Just throwing the idea in that you may want something more central. This is pure east, past Canary Wharf and all.

Yeah it's not the closest area/easiest to get to and from at night...beliiiieve me :blink:

I'd recommend somewhere nice and central...southbank area? (so that I can just walk home haha)

Especially if you go on the tube in the wrong direction, hahahaha!!! :roftl:

It's true though, and the London City airport area is even further away than Greenwich.

It's got great links to get there during the day to take a plane, but not at night. Ah, and it's not the nicest either:wink2:

Yeah it's not the closest area/easiest to get to and from at night...beliiiieve me :blink:

I'd recommend somewhere nice and central...southbank area? (so that I can just walk home haha)

Yes, can we please make it to central London, it doesn't necessary have to expensive because of that!

London is so big and we would save a fortune in taxi costs!:thumb_yello:

I for one am going to take the opportunity to do a little more while I’m there, maybe Christmas shopping and we have the exhibition:blush-anim-cl:,

You don’t want us foreigners wander around and get lost in that big city, do you?:mf_rosetinted:

Especially if you go on the tube in the wrong direction, hahahaha!!! :roftl:

It's true though, and the London City airport area is even further away than Greenwich.

It's got great links to get there during the day to take a plane, but not at night. Ah, and it's not the nicest either:wink2:

I know.. I've tried to get from Greenwich to City airport in the middle of the night and it took forever..and I wondered if I'd even get there alive...

I think going for somewhere more central is much better, even if it's a bit more expensive. It'll be safer and much easier for everyone to find and travel to and from. :thumb_yello:

Anywhere but Brixton pweaseeeee :boxed:

That was mega scary at night , even for a northern lad eeekkkk:boxed:

HAhaa if you found Brixton scary, you would NOT like Canning Town (next to LC Airport):roftl: Look it up.

Yes, can we please make it to central London, it doesn't necessary have to expensive because of that!

London is so big and we would save a fortune in taxi costs!:thumb_yello:

I for one am going to take the opportunity to do a little more while I’m there, maybe Christmas shopping and we have the exhibition:blush-anim-cl:,

You don’t want us foreigners wander around and get lost in that big city, do you?:mf_rosetinted:

True. Or mugged, raped or killed. And I am not kidding.

Central will be best for everyone.

HAhaa if you found Brixton scary, you would NOT like Canning Town (next to LC Airport):roftl: Look it up.

True. Or mugged, raped or killed. And I am not kidding.

Central will be best for everyone.

Thank you!:thumb_yello:

I agree, Sari. There are good transport links from all into London, and flights to these airports are usually cheaper than to Heathrow. I suppose it's down to getting the right combination of flight costs and onward travel costs....

Has a date been agreed yet? I know that the 29th - 30th November seems to be popping up a lot, and it has the highest number of responses on the poll.... I'm clutching at straws now as I really want to go, but can't do that weekend, but I was wondering whether those that have voted for this weekend could do any other weekend, if so, have they indicated this on the poll?? If everyone votes for all the weekends they can do, there may just be a teeny weeny chance that there will be a different weekend that gets the majority and I can go :blush-anim-cl:.....call me selfish if you like, but I WANT TO GO and will throw a tantrum if I can't and no-one will want to see that!!

That depends on whether you want to go out clubbing after the meal.

If it's like Glasgow, only a few of us went clubbing after, everyone else went back to the hotel and hung out there for the rest of the evening.

Sounds good x and i'm not a big one for going to clubs anyway x

Has a date been agreed yet? I know that the 29th - 30th November seems to be popping up a lot, and it has the highest number of responses on the poll.... I'm clutching at straws now as I really want to go, but can't do that weekend, but I was wondering whether those that have voted for this weekend could do any other weekend, if so, have they indicated this on the poll?? If everyone votes for all the weekends they can do, there may just be a teeny weeny chance that there will be a different weekend that gets the majority and I can go :blush-anim-cl:.....call me selfish if you like, but I WANT TO GO and will throw a tantrum if I can't and no-one will want to see that!!

I'll join you in having a tantrum if that ends up the date coz thats the worst weekeend for me too x:roftl:x

I'd just be into meeting everyone and maybe getting some xmas shopping in x

You're scaring me now:blink: So all that time in Brixton we weren't exactly safe *faints*

Well, Brixton is one of the worst areas in London, the crime is very bad, and basically no, it's not safe for people to be roaming around at night.

Try and find a bit of info about it, hehe...

I'm not saying of course that stuff WILL happen to one, but that one needs to be careful and keep their eyes open, and I think that most MFC'ers who came for the shows had no clue about how bad it actually is :boxed:

I agree, Sari. There are good transport links from all into London, and flights to these airports are usually cheaper than to Heathrow. I suppose it's down to getting the right combination of flight costs and onward travel costs....

Well, I can make any of them except for the 23/24 Nov, and 22/23 & 27/28 Dec, but when I voted I didn't know that we could choose more than one, and now I can't edit my vote!!

And I want you to come as well!!

She did....I'd pee in my pants:mf_rosetinted:

That wasn't the best idea, no :wink2: